NCAA Football 360: DEMO OUT NOW!!!!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Update 7/12: Demo out today...

logo_nav_2.gif

We just got word from EA that an NCAA 2007 demo will be up on XBL Marketplace soon. The playable demo will be Florida vs. Florida St. at the Swamp.

***Updated***

The NCAA 07 has fully passed MS certification, and will be released to
Xbox Live Marketplace today. It will be propped within the next few
hours.

http://www.maddennation.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=60674

-------------

Enjoy:

http://sports.ign.com/articles/702/702461p1.html

Update 5/1 First Videos:

http://www.easports.com/ncaa07/theater.jsp?media=videos

thats sick! I love ncaa football... too bad I only have a ps2 and cube. I hope the graphics are improved upon for the ps2 version, which I will be getting.

Now, some people think I am an EA apologist, but even I won't be getting this game. I have ZERO faith in this game, since it's their first attempt at a college football game on the 360. And if Madden 360 was any indication, you are ALL in for major disappointment. I'll be getting the PS2 version instead, it will have ALL the features, and probably be $20 cheaper.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Now, some people think I am an EA apologist, but even I won't be getting this game. I have ZERO faith in this game, since it's their first attempt at a college football game on the 360. And if Madden 360 was any indication, you are ALL in for major disappointment. I'll be getting the PS2 version instead, it will have ALL the features, and probably be $20 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Have faith my fellow EA fanboy! ;)

I also worry that they may skip features like they did Madden, but I still don't get the criticism of that game. The lack of some customization features kind of sucks, but the only real in-game problem was the lack of replay challenges. Every other problem about it was the same crap that was a problem in the Xbox version or at least was a different problem that was just like a problem the Xbox version had.

If deep bombs are toned down and you drop a few less passes I'm interested in this. Those were really the biggest gripes I had with last year's game.

looks like some features that are on the xbox and ps2 will not make it over to the 360 (no trick plays, stadium pulse, etc). wth? you'd think with this much time they should be able to do an exact version for each system. i honestly dunno which version i would get but more inclined to get the ps2 version right now....

[quote name='tavarua88']looks like some features that are on the xbox and ps2 will not make it over to the 360 (no trick plays, stadium pulse, etc). wth? you'd think with this much time they should be able to do an exact version for each system. i honestly dunno which version i would get but more inclined to get the ps2 version right now....[/QUOTE]

buahahha, makes me glad for never buying a 360 even though I was very clsoe to at one point. Ill be getting this for ps2 on launch day, and Im sure ill win the heisman in a matter of a few days (since I played 06 like a mad mo when it came out).

[quote name='guyver2077']why does everyone want the ps2 version.. thats usually the worst version of them all...[/QUOTE]

you telling me 06 was actually better for the xbox?

[quote name='guyver2077']why does everyone want the ps2 version.. thats usually the worst version of them all...[/QUOTE]

well, the controller was best for the madden/ncaa games last gen, and is usually the least glitchy version as well.

The game does look amazing. But who knows how it will turn out. I mean look at what Madden was on 360. They had a lot more time to make NCAA and amazing game. But already you hear about them cutting features in the 360 version. And I have to ask why? You cant say this time its because you are rushing the game out. I thought all those features didnt make Madden so they could make the launch date of the 360. EA is confusng me with that. All of 2K's game have all the features from the current gens. It shouldnt be hard to implment them into the 360 version.

I'm not really a fan of NCAA (just NFL) but that even pisses me off EA is cutting features from the 360 version. It's a big "fuck you" to 360 owners.

What puzzles me more is why are all these people who want the ps2 version (or don't even own a 360!) posting/lurking in a 360 discussion thread?

I'm looking forward to this game, but I hate how EA cannot port all the features over. Plus, I think the Madden 360 engine was not that great....I'd prefer them to go back to the current gen version.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Bullshit that they're not putting all the features from current gen to 360. Gator Chomp their asses.[/quote]

Agreed! It sucks ass because a large number of 360 owners had to sell their Xbox to get the new system. I Ebayed my Xbox to buy a couple games at launch even though i'd won the 360 from Mt Dew. The majority of gamers are not collectors and just have 1 major platform to game on. These are the people who are getting slapped in the face every time the Xbox counterpart is superior in everything but looks which isn't a huge step up since most people don't have HDTV.

It has fewer features because they still want to sell the PS2 and Xbox versions...they probably even expect some people to buy more than one version.

[quote name='h2dk']It has fewer features because they still want to sell the PS2 and Xbox versions...they probably even expect some people to buy more than one version.[/quote]Bullshit again. Give them even more incentive to move to the next gen and not just for graphics alone. This shit is really fucked up if they do this for the other 2007 sports releases.

What do they have to lose if they put all the features of the current gen releases in the 360 version? People are gonna buy it. Leave out key features and you know what happens? People won't buy it.

Give us more reason for the extra $10 increase in next-gen games aside from the damn graphics. Shit.

Somehow, I'm starting to believe Nintendo has it right. Gameplay first.

Bullshit.

First off, just as the article says, if it was never their in the first place how is it missing.
Second, some of you really need to have some knowledge on what you are talking about. I say this because you say that they are leaving it out. This is not true, EA's 360 are not complete ports. Most of them are built from the ground up. So there for it is not like they are be lazy and just not porting it. All they are doing is just moving very slowly when it comes to adding all of those things. Also you all compare EA's games with 2K's games when it comes to including all the features. The reason 2K does is because their games are complete ports. If you compare 2K's current-gen and next-gen there is not much change. If you compare EA's current-gen and next-gen there is change (with the exception of FNR3).

[quote name='mvp828']First off, just as the article says, if it was never their in the first place how is it missing.
Second, some of you really need to have some knowledge on what you are talking about. I say this because you say that they are leaving it out. This is not true, EA's 360 are not complete ports. Most of them are built from the ground up. So there for it is not like they are be lazy and just not porting it. All they are doing is just moving very slowly when it comes to adding all of those things. Also you all compare EA's games with 2K's games when it comes to including all the features. The reason 2K does is because their games are complete ports. If you compare 2K's current-gen and next-gen there is not much change. If you compare EA's current-gen and next-gen there is change (with the exception of FNR3).[/quote]Fine. I'm sure development from the ground up costs them and thus the extra $10 in the MSRP, but how the hell can anyone justify more features in the current gen, that costs $10 less? Then you're gonna come out and show me a game that has less feature-wise and yet charge me more?

It's the next best thing right? Then I should have everything that the current gen has. And no, graphics aren't enough. These are key gameplay additions that they're leaving out. It happened in Madden and Live and it's happening again.

I don't know about some of you, but something new and shiny still won't take away the fact that, yes, indeed, something is missing, yet I'm still paying more. You can say all you want that it wasn't there in the first place 'cause it's built from the ground up, but the fact is the current gen has gameplay additions that the next gen doesn't. WTF kind of thing is that?

We all know it's there since it's in the current gen. It's not like we never knew the features existed. If that were the case then, fine, we're better off not knowing. But I'm gonna take a next gen game that has a current gen equivalent and compare it and I'm gonna expect that the next gen stuff has everything the current gen has (gameplay and all) on top of the graphics. Forgive me then if I'm asking for too much.

I expect some more out of my extra $10.

Bullshit.

Gator Chomp.

Well, after looking at the screenshots (I was not able to at work)....I think it looks good. The ACTUALY gameplay screenshots seem a lot better...the camera seems better than Madden 360

screenshots only do so much justice...

take into example the Madden on 360, screenshots amazing yet when playing it I found it pretty slow compared to current gen Madden.

Hopefully, EA doesn't take away the speed of college football.

[quote name='mvp828']First off, just as the article says, if it was never their in the first place how is it missing.
Second, some of you really need to have some knowledge on what you are talking about. I say this because you say that they are leaving it out. This is not true, EA's 360 are not complete ports. Most of them are built from the ground up. So there for it is not like they are be lazy and just not porting it. All they are doing is just moving very slowly when it comes to adding all of those things. Also you all compare EA's games with 2K's games when it comes to including all the features. The reason 2K does is because their games are complete ports. If you compare 2K's current-gen and next-gen there is not much change. If you compare EA's current-gen and next-gen there is change (with the exception of FNR3).[/QUOTE]
If the 360 is next gen to me it should include everything that is in the current gen versions and if not that than MORE. EA has had more than enough time to make NCAA on the 360 a compelte and better game than the current gen. So far EA has dropped the ball big time in next gen. Every game was stripped. Tiger Woods was def not built from the gorund up and was stripped. Live had better player models but was stripped of features. Madden looked better but played like crap. I think Fight Night was there best Next Gen game so far. They didnt strip content and it looked amazing on 360.

Kinda lame that they don't include everything, but I never cared about the fluff modes anyways. I do like how they're implementing momentum, letting you get the defense back on its' heels versus a gamebreaker-like achievment.

People, the HD graphics actually take up MORE space and since MS decided against HD-DVD, EA is dealing with trying to fit the same game on the same medium.

For example, lets say they use 8+ gigs on current gen NCAA, then the 360 version has to incorporate HD graphics, and those take up more space...

Yes, it sucks....but we deal.

[quote name='doubledown']People, the HD graphics actually take up MORE space and since MS decided against HD-DVD, EA is dealing with trying to fit the same game on the same medium.

For example, lets say they use 8+ gigs on current gen NCAA, then the 360 version has to incorporate HD graphics, and those take up more space...

Yes, it sucks....but we deal.[/QUOTE]
Can you define HD graphics to me because I have no idea what your talking about. HD has nothing to do with EA cutting out certain things in the game. DId you read the article. Do you see how many more animations and plygons the 360 version has. And you are saying they cant fit trick plays on the disc. Plus the 360 uses dual layered DVDs which fits double more the size than the orginal Xbox.

HD = 720p/1080i

Since ALL 360 MUST support those formats.....

Current gen usually runs on 480p.

I was unaware that XBOX only used single layer DVD's....not sure why they wouldn't use DL, since that is common these days.

Yeah but just because the resolution is higher does not mean they have to chop oput features. Tomb Raider runs in 720p for 360 and it has everything the Xbox version does. The game running in HD has nothing to do with them cutting features.

You must not have any concept of time. Because if you did, you would realize that it is going to take a while to bring all of these things into the 360 version. This is because of the fact that it is built from the ground up. It took them time to build it into the current-gen and now they just revise from year-to-year. So I think you must cut EA some slack and give them a little more time.

P.S.

[quote name='mvp828']You must not have any concept of time. Because if you did, you would realize that it is going to take a while to bring all of these things into the 360 version. This is because of the fact that it is built from the ground up. It took them time to build it into the current-gen and now they just revise from year-to-year. So I think you must cut EA some slack and give them a little more time.

P.S.[/quote]Give the buyers a slack then and MSRP the 360 releases at $49.99 or $39.99.

I think the big problem people have is that the games have fewer features than their much cheaper current generation companions. Besides better graphics, and a couple minor additions, why should you spend more money to play a version of the game that has big features missing? I don't think people would have as big of a problem with it if the game retailed for $50. The whole reasoning behind the $60 price tag is that, supposedly, you're paying for "Next Generation" gameplay and graphics. Graphics, yes, but gameplay? Hell no.

I wouldn't be suprised if EA does release NCAA Football 07 for 360 at 49.99. I think it is definetly a possibility. It may be cheaper for the first week like some other games have been.

They have more than enough time to put in the stuff they are cutting. If they started building it from the ground up its not like they started it yesterday. It should of been started around when they got the dev kits for the 360. There is no reason at all for them to cut the stuff they are cutting. And alsothis is EA we are talking about. No way this game willbe less than 59.99. COme on they came out with NBA LIve with half of the game missing for 59.99

I'm curious to see how FULL the EA games are? Did Madden 360 use all 9GB's of data on the disc? If so, EA may be facing space constraints....not sure. I'm sure there is a reason things are left out.

[quote name='gofishn']When its 6:50 in Miami, what time is it in Tallahassee?

10 to 7.

Hahaha[/QUOTE]

im sorry, I do not get it.

doubledown, I checked a site that lists the hack/scene/etc releases, it lists Madden360 as being 70x100MB, so around 6.5GB is my estimate. They may claim to be running out of space but I really doubt it. Maybe if they cut the crappy music and commentary...

basketcase, it helps to live in the state. I believe that was the score the last time they played. I'm not sure, as I don't follow the trashy programs that closely.

bread's done
Back