CAG Fighting Thread #16 The Legend Never Dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Grab some hot choco, pull up your favorite chair, and lets all sit down with Terry and Pikachu and have nice chat about fighters.

TerryPika.gif

ggs to Chacrana tonight in DOA4.

Is that a Melty Blood video? I never played and know very little about the series, but will probably pick up the ps2 version when it drops. Hope I like it, even though it reminds me a bit of Guilty Gear.

[quote name='MarkMan']Good news, Street Fighter II Hyper is good shit on 360.[/QUOTE]

that is good news! it almost makes me want to buy a 360 now for that and DOA4. maybe one of these days I'lll pick it up if I can find one for cheap.

I'll be getting a copy of rumble fish soon.:) I'll post a mini review once I give it some time.

[quote name='MarkMan']Good news, Street Fighter II Hyper is good shit on 360.[/QUOTE]

Hoestly, this would be the only thing on the 360 I'd play. (And DOA4 alittle) I'll make my friend buy it and just play at his house, but it's not gonna be easy, he hates fighters and gets frustrated to easy.

[quote name='jimfoley16']ggs to Chacrana tonight in DOA4.

Is that a Melty Blood video? I never played and know very little about the series, but will probably pick up the ps2 version when it drops. Hope I like it, even though it reminds me a bit of Guilty Gear.[/QUOTE]

1) Yeah, you're damn good. Makes me feel bad, actually.

2) Yes, that's Melty Blood. Comes out August 10th.

Anybody have any impressions of Super Dragon Ball Z yet? It's $27 or so in the Fry's ad today so at $25 (after PMing at CC), it's definitely something I have to consider... of course, I don't want to jump without knowing what I'm getting into.

[quote name='Chacrana']Anybody have any impressions of Super Dragon Ball Z yet? It's $27 or so in the Fry's ad today so at $25 (after PMing at CC), it's definitely something I have to consider... of course, I don't want to jump without knowing what I'm getting into.[/QUOTE]
I'm picking it up today with one of my friends so I'll post some impressions later. And great news Markman on SF. Hopefully the online play is lag free!

Thank God. I remember playing SSF2 on the SNES when I was a kid and I was a complete scrub at the time (as would be expected) so it'll be nice to play SF2 seriously and see just how much depth there really is to the game.

Yeah, but you have to take what Ryan Davis says with a grain of salt. My concern is that the review said that there was a lack of depth, but I've heard from some fighting fans that there's a lot of depth -- just not a lot of moves (which is fine...) so I'm still hoping to get some more opinions.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, but you have to take what Ryan Davis says with a grain of salt. My concern is that the review said that there was a lack of depth, but I've heard from some fighting fans that there's a lot of depth -- just not a lot of moves (which is fine...) so I'm still hoping to get some more opinions.[/quote]

GameSpot reviews are pretty accurate, usually. Ryan Davis is alright as a reviewer, but Greg and Jeff are by far the best. I'm not sure why Jeff didn't review this one, he seems to be quite the know-it-all about fighters.

[quote name='Chacrana']Anybody have any impressions of Super Dragon Ball Z yet? It's $27 or so in the Fry's ad today so at $25 (after PMing at CC), it's definitely something I have to consider... of course, I don't want to jump without knowing what I'm getting into.[/QUOTE]

Super DBZ is decent. I haven't played it a whole lot (maybe for about a half hour) but I can tell you it's sure as hell better than the Budokai series. Seems like it's competitively playable.

Goddamn I just can't freaking unlock Geese in KoFXI. I even tried failing 20 times on purpose, and then exiting out and it didn't work. Buns!

[quote name='gigan54']that is good news! it almost makes me want to buy a 360 now for that and DOA4. maybe one of these days I'lll pick it up if I can find one for cheap.

I'll be getting a copy of rumble fish soon.:) I'll post a mini review once I give it some time.[/QUOTE]

Good move on getting Rumble Fish... though it's somewaht broken, at least in Rumble Fish 2 they fixed stuff... if they ever bring the sequal to the PS2, I'll have to mod my PS2.

Also, half the reason why I'm getting a 360 is for the online fighter play... primarily SFII and UMK3 (primarily dead rising is the other reason).

I'll be getting my 360 in a couple of hours so I'll post my tag once I get everythign setup. I would have gotten it sooner, but type 1 diabetes is a bitch sometimes and I'm getting over being nausiated.

oh and ... WTF? it looks like Neo Geo BC may be coming stateside???
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3050

No, the UK version was announced though. However, when Ignition (the European company) ported Samurai Shodown V for the PS2 a while back, it was horribly broken compared to the Japanese original... so it's not totally good news or anything like that.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Goddamn I just can't freaking unlock Geese in KoFXI. I even tried failing 20 times on purpose, and then exiting out and it didn't work. Buns![/QUOTE]

That pissed the hell out of me as well... I only have to unlock him and Mai and then I'll have everyone.

Apossum is most pleased with this sudden surge of DoA4 interest.

But most dissatisfied with his ISP.

I'll be on a bit more tonight and see how the conection holds up...

[quote name='Apossum']Apossum is most pleased with this sudden surge of DoA4 interest.

But most dissatisfied with his ISP.

I'll be on a bit more tonight and see how the conection holds up...[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side: Free wins!

....for me.

[quote name='Chacrana']That pissed the hell out of me as well... I only have to unlock him and Mai and then I'll have everyone.[/QUOTE]

Same here man, I suck with Mai so I can't beat that one.

ARGH

The SF Arcade Stick dropped to $29.99 at EB today, so get on that shit quickly.

I grabbed mine, and also grabbed a DoA 4 Hori too.

I really need to pick up an Xbox Live Gold card sometime soon, cause I'd love to be playing DoA4 with everyone.

EDIT: I sent friend's requests on Live to most of the people in here with a 360 and Live, so if you get a friends request from Karsh317, that'd be me.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Goddamn I just can't freaking unlock Geese in KoFXI. I even tried failing 20 times on purpose, and then exiting out and it didn't work. Buns![/quote]
Getting Geese was pretty frustrating, but its possible. All you need to do in that challenge is use Geese's upper counter, hcb + B. This solves the problem of countering whatever move Terry throws at you. The only problem remaining however is you never really know when Terry will bust out with those Power Waves (those you can't counter.) Keep your distance from him and block after he does each move since he may do a power wave or two.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone see this?

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0607/game060719a.shtml

looks fun to me :)

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/[/QUOTE]

Could be good... the Simple series is realy hit and miss though... D3 also did the Oanechanpara series which is supposed to actually be good... I might check that out sometime myself partially because you're a bitch in a bikini and you hack up zombies and there's blood everywhere. I'm a simple person.

You know, after playing Neowave quite a bit the other day, I have to say I prefer KOF 2002 and KOF 2003. The visuals in Neowave have a bit of a washed out look IMO and I don't like the Super controls.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You know, after playing Neowave quite a bit the other day, I have to say I prefer KOF 2002 and KOF 2003. The visuals in Neowave have a bit of a washed out look IMO and I don't like the Super controls.[/QUOTE]

Neowave always felt like a last minute mish mash that SNK wanted to put together to try out the atomswise arcade hardware... it's really the worst KoF game I've played in a long time really. I still need to pick up 2002 and 2003 but waiting for a price drop.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking about ditching Neowave. Is there really any reason to hang onto it? As far as I know, most people believe it to just be an altered, yet worse version of 2002...

and nothing even touches XI so it's not like I'd ever play it over that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Neowave always felt like a last minute mish mash that SNK wanted to put together to try out the atomswise arcade hardware... it's really the worst KoF game I've played in a long time really. I still need to pick up 2002 and 2003 but waiting for a price drop.[/quote]

Yeah. I am not nearly as well versed in the KOF games as most of you guys, but Neowave just feels a little too different. At least the $19.99 pricetag was decent.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah. I am not nearly as well versed in the KOF games as most of you guys, but Neowave just feels a little too different. At least the $19.99 pricetag was decent.[/QUOTE]

My gamestop was selling it for $29.99. They suck.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']My gamestop was selling it for $29.99. They suck.[/QUOTE]

That does suck. I hadn't heard of anyone doing that, let alone Gamestop.

[quote name='jimfoley16']That does suck. I hadn't heard of anyone doing that, let alone Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I didn't buy it. Since it is just a compile post of 2K2 with Young Geese. Didn't see much reason into getting it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']My gamestop was selling it for $29.99. They suck.[/QUOTE]
Ouch...Neowave is worth $20, but not $30

And responding to above poster:
I liked it a lot more than 2002 - though I still love 2002 and 2003. Honestly, I don't really like any of the KOF games up to 2002 (though 97 and 98 are pretty good).

Anyone get Battle Stadium D.O.N.?

I give US T: DR a 10. lol.

Finally recovered from Comic-Con. Hectic tournament. For vids from the tournament finals check out www.cornpotage.com !

It was a good weekend for me except someone stole my daughter's Katamari hat. Grr.

Everyone go get DR if you have a PSP! Preorder so you can get the dpad(GameStop).

[quote name='MarkMan']Anyone get Battle Stadium D.O.N.?

I give US T: DR a 10. lol.

Finally recovered from Comic-Con. Hectic tournament. For vids from the tournament finals check out www.cornpotage.com !

It was a good weekend for me except someone stole my daughter's Katamari hat. Grr.

Everyone go get DR if you have a PSP! Preorder so you can get the dpad(GameStop).[/QUOTE]
Quit saying how awesome it is, I'm trying to find an excuse not to get it so I dont have to spend more money :lol:

[quote name='asianxcore']is today the ship date for Tekken: DR?

is there a reason Neowave was only released for Xbox in the U.S?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's because of SCEA's stance on 2D games. Neowave came out at a budget price anyway so it wasn't SNK's stingyness or anything like that...

[quote name='Chacrana']Pretty sure it's because of SCEA's stance on 2D games. Neowave came out at a budget price anyway so it wasn't SNK's stingyness or anything like that...[/QUOTE]

SCEA wanted bundles, SNK stopped doing bundles for PS2, simple as that.

no offense to anyone but the Itagaki hate thread is the lamest thing I've ever read.

"he's mean, opinionated, and has scars on his face; thus I don't buy his games"

Imagine if everyone in the 80s lived by that philosophy...NO ONE would have bought Appetite for Destruction. The implications of that are too scary to think about :p

anyway, I'll be on doa for sure tonight!

around 8ish, maybe sooner.

now here's some good news and some bad news
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-news/3837.html
SNK Talking About the Future

SNK Playmore has been rather vocal lately about the direction the company is going to go with regard to its game releases in the coming year or so. Their people in Japan have been speaking to anyone with an ear lately, including us.

Perhaps the biggest development for PlayStation fans is the announcement that the company plans to finally release some of its formerly Japan-only PS2 games in North America. Going into 2007, SNK Playmore hopes to bring a new King of Fighters compilation to North America, along with its classic Samurai Shodown and Mark of the Wolves titles. Previously, the company was unable to publish these games here due to strict Sony guidelines regarding 2D games, but those guidelines have been relaxed thanks to Sony's desire to keep support for the PS2 alive in the wake of the release of the PlayStation 3.

Word straight from the folks at SNK Playmore's home office in Japan says that the company is also hard at work on some sort of follow-up to Mark of the Wolves. They're keeping tight-lipped about this new game, but we do know that it'll use modern high-resolution graphics instead of the lo-rez 2D of the original game.

On the disappointment end of the spectrum, the company also wants to squash rumors that there will be a follow-up to the SNK Vs. Capcom and Capcom Vs. SNK (SVC Chaos) line of games. The co-branding pact made by SNK Playmore and Capcom has expired and there are no plans by either company to sign a new one. So, the official word is that there won't be anymore crossovers released once SNK Vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash is released for the Nintendo DS.

Lastly, with regards to next-gen, the official word is that the company has at least two games in the works for PlayStation 3. Officially, they aren't saying what the games our. Unofficially, our source tells us that King of Fighters and Metal Slug are a lock.

The long and the short of it is, SNK Playmore wants fans to understand that it intends to continue publishing their favorite games for current and next-gen consoles long into the future. And also to remind everyone that King of Fighters 2006 ships for the PlayStation 2 on August 22nd.

sucks about the svc series coming to an end, but MOTW sequel and US releases sound awesome!

[quote name='gigan54']
sucks about the svc series coming to an end, but MOTW sequel and US releases sound awesome![/QUOTE]

I wish we could have both! I was really looking forward to seeing how SNK handled the Capcom characters with a 2nd crack at them... I really thought SvC2 had some awesome potential. The 1st one was laden with possibility but just didn't deliver (sort of like CvS1 compared to CvS2). Oh well.

Garou 2 :);):);):) 8=======D~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back