CAG Fighting Thread #16 The Legend Never Dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']Naw, Faust's defining compnents are the umbrella he flies in on, the giant scalpel, and the bag on his head... maybe even his "coming out of the closet" move.[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to help. The guy didn't even know what game he was playing, let alone what character. Don't be such an a-hole.

[quote name='MarkMan']

If anyone has any Tekken related questions regarding system or moves, juggles let me know. I love talking about Tekken.[/quote]

Which characters in Tekken are pretty easy to begin with? I've only played the very first Tekken so I'm pretty interested in getting back into it, which game would you suggest as well? Tekken 5?

[quote name='yukine'][/B]Which characters in Tekken are pretty easy to begin with? I've only played the very first Tekken so I'm pretty interested in getting back into it, which game would you suggest as well? Tekken 5?[/QUOTE]

mmm i dunno how many people would agree with me but i would think paul...easy to use with simple street fighter like motions....in the hands of a master he cacn deal massive damage.

im loving tekken bowling by the way. cheers to Tekken.

[quote name='yukine'][/B]Which characters in Tekken are pretty easy to begin with? I've only played the very first Tekken so I'm pretty interested in getting back into it, which game would you suggest as well? Tekken 5?[/QUOTE]

Feng and Paul are pretty easy to learn.

Ganryu as well.

I say just go for whoever you like. The game is not that hard to learn.

Once you get comfortable that's when the real learnin' begins.

Oh and here's a youtube version of the video I posted earlier:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d8YIlldvVfk[/media]

[quote name='MarkMan']^^ Make sure you slide the input... correct notation is d/f+2~1.

In terms of hit detection I can say its very accurate to 5.0 on PS2 or DR on arcade.

If anyone has any Tekken related questions regarding system or moves, juggles let me know. I love talking about Tekken.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by "slide"? i should slide my finger over the buttons?

Also, are there new stuns in the game or am i just forgetting things about 5.0? i thought i saw someone crumple in a different way than usual (or maybe it was just a move that didn't crumple them before.)

[quote name='yukine']I'll go check it out, but I don't think I want to pay for the added expenses of modding my PS2 to play it. [/quote]

though it's still awesome, Final tuned is the lesser version, from what I understand. It was created to make ReAct more like Act Cadenza.

if you do get it, make you sure you get the most recent patch from here:
http://mirror.fuzzy2.com/meltyblood/

it's in the section after the first green line, called mbr2501ft2.exe. get it from mirror 11 or 12.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I was just trying to help. The guy didn't even know what game he was playing, let alone what character. Don't be such an a-hole.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you took it that way... I definitely didn't mean to be a dick or anything. :cry:

[quote name='Apossum']what do you mean by "slide"? i should slide my finger over the buttons?

Also, are there new stuns in the game or am i just forgetting things about 5.0? i thought i saw someone crumple in a different way than usual (or maybe it was just a move that didn't crumple them before.)

though it's still awesome, Final tuned is the lesser version, from what I understand. It was created to make ReAct more like Act Cadenza.

if you do get it, make you sure you get the most recent patch from here:
http://mirror.fuzzy2.com/meltyblood/

it's in the section after the first green line, called mbr2501ft2.exe. get it from mirror 11 or 12.[/quote]

Hmm... well, if it's worse, I'd rather stick with ReACT. :)

[quote name='yukine']Hmm... well, if it's worse, I'd rather stick with ReACT. :)[/QUOTE]

oh, I meant ReAct Final Tuned is the inferior version compared to Act Cadenza, the Arcade/soon-to-be PS2 title.

Final Tuned is the update to ReAct. it's better :)

[quote name='Apossum']oh, I meant ReAct Final Tuned is the inferior version compared to Act Cadenza, the Arcade/soon-to-be PS2 title.

Final Tuned is the update to ReAct. it's better :)[/quote]

Oh, alright, I gotcha ya. :)

Thanks.

[quote name='evanft']I've decided to get rid of SC3 and just pick up SC2 for the Xbox. SC3 is just too frustrating.[/QUOTE]

yeah they even said the difficulty is hard for the normal soul player...i found it frustrating the first week i had it but i got used it and now its easy...still think SC3 is better than 2 though...

It's just that I have to resort to turtling and other cheap tactics in order to beat the later characters. If it wasn't for that, and the game had the changes many of the advanced players have suggested (which aren't really MASSIVE changes, anyway), I'd love it. But it just feels cheap and frustrating, while SC1 felt smooth and like I was really accomplishing something when I won.

ooy! hello evry1! Sry 4 the abscence =(

im in the hospital ATM due 2 my crpy diabetes. Ill b out tmmrw.

broken english due to typing on my PSP...

playing TDR like crzy in hosp bed n love it :)

Sorry to hear about that Rolento...I thought you were too busy playing Tekken to post ;) Glad it's not serious!

I hear the only cure for diabetes is.......panty shots.

[quote name='Apossum']Sorry to hear about that Rolento...I thought you were too busy playing Tekken to post ;) Glad it's not serious!

I hear the only cure for diabetes is.......panty shots.

[/QUOTE]
That's funny. Feel better Rolento.

and apossum delivers once again!

hope things go well for you RR. now go pracite your kazuya combos....

I need tekken 5, I only have 4 to mess around with. :(

feel better Rolento.

I'm still awaiting my custom arcade stick. The guy who is making it is still waiting for his supplier to get him the parts. Hopefully I get the finished product within the next week or so, then I can post pictures.

Get better Rolento.

Tekken has made my decision not to upgrade my PSP even harder. I was ok with missing Alpha 3 because they released Alpha Anthology. Besides, I already have it for the DC. For some reason though, Tekken's got me itchin. I've always been more of a Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter fan but Tekken 5 blew me away and I would love to be able to play such an awesome game at work.

Get better Rolento.

I really gotta get back to posting in here on a regular basis. Anyways, earlier today I decided to play the copy of Star Gladiator I found complete at EB for 5 bucks awhile back. Not the best 3D fighter, not the deepest, and certainly not the most balanced, but it was still pretty fun regardless.

BTW I'll be going to Otakon next weekend, and I'll be checking out the game room there, as there's always good competition to be had there.

ok so im gonna feel really dumb asking this question about TDR but do auras do anything or are they just there for looks because i have no idea what life aura and tempest are for...

Aura's are just for looks. You can't have any items equipped while wearing an aura though. You can however change colors of your clothes.

As you progress through Tekken Dojo you will unlock more and more auras at different levels/colors.

Damn, get the hell better Rolento. :)

Well, I've been playing Tekken 4, and doing pretty decently I guess. The character I seem to be the best with/like is Lei Wulong (Jackie Chan.)

I'll be picking up Tekken 5 when I get the chance, I'm usually not a fan of 3D fighters, as I like 2D, but Tekken is pretty damn fun.

Does anyone have a link to some complete movelists for TDR?

I'm still pissed Namco STILL can't make a decent training mode with a full movelist... fuck them.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so well Rolento. Would you feel better if I told you Capcom is making a sequel to Rival Schools?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Sorry to hear you're not feeling so well Rolento. Would you feel better if I told you Capcom is making a sequel to Rival Schools?[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :drool: :drool: :drool: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick:

Get well soon Rolento. Here's hoping you have a cute nurse looking in on ya. :)

Yeah, Rolento, hope you feel better soon!

And Lili is becoming one of my favorite Tekken characters. I definitely enjoy playing as her.

[quote name='karsh']
And Lili is becoming one of my favorite Tekken characters. I definitely enjoy playing as her.[/QUOTE]

Yea... Lili is awesome, I like her look too (the costume with the square button, the kind of army / ghetto look with the icy makeup).

She's got a good personality too, reminds me alot of Karin from SFA 3.

Let's hope we see her in Tekken 6... it's too bad I'll never play it since Namco is Sony's bitch through and through.

Tekken 6 with Live play would be amazing.

I'll even take TDR on 360 with Live play.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Sorry to hear you're not feeling so well Rolento. Would you feel better if I told you Capcom is making a sequel to Rival Schools?[/QUOTE]

Well I'm back :)

thanks for the support guys. It was basicly a complication with high blodd sugar and whatnot. Basicly, I was born with diabetes and I'm basicly stuck with it for my entire life. To sum up what exactly I was going through, it's very close to the level of dehydration but worse (ie. my own body's fat cells start being destroyed, causing me to be very nausiace and weak). but again, thanks :) (and yes, news of Rival Schools sequals would not only make me feel better, but probably cure alot of other people's problems as well.

For the time I was in the hospital and recovering, I was able to have a family member of mine pick up Tekken DR for me. Basicly my entire hospital stay was dedicated to both my health and TDR :lol:

I ranked up my kazuya to Devine Fist within a few hours of hard work, and I'm working on other stuff as well. Last I checked I was ranked #47 overall worldwide, so that made me happy (though it wont last long). I'm planning to pick up Dragunov now as hopefully my secondary or thirdary (is that a word???) since I love his ground attack game. He's basicly a guy who juggles opponents better when they are on the floor.

Oh, and a few hours ago on my way back from the hospital, before even taking a bath I finally picked up a 360 today. I'm setting it up as we speak and getting use to it so give me soem time. My tag so far is: RelntlssRolento

I got DoA4 as well, but I'll play offline a bit before I plan to fight u guys. It was a used copy and looked a bit in bad shape so I'll have to see if it works.

I'll be buyign some marketplace points as well in the mean time and figure this damn thing out.

Good to hear you're doing better.

I added you to my XBL friends list, so you've gotta skill up in DOA 4 so we can get some matches going.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea... Lili is awesome, I like her look too (the costume with the square button, the kind of army / ghetto look with the icy makeup).

She's got a good personality too, reminds me alot of Karin from SFA 3.

Let's hope we see her in Tekken 6... it's too bad I'll never play it since Namco is Sony's bitch through and through.

I'll even take TDR on 360 with Live play.[/quote]

Yeah, I love both her outfits. Can't wait till I play some more and have some more money so I can buy some of the stuff for her army outfit.

And glad you're outta the hospital Rolento. Sent you a friend's request, although I'm out of comission XBL right now till I buy myself a card to play it. Hopefully this weekend I'll find one decently priced.

Yea, I'm out for XBL right now too due to my ear infection... using a mic is impossible and XBL isn't alot of fun without one.

In the meantime, almost got everything, just finished getting Gen Fu's costumes just now.

[quote name='Roufuss'] Let's hope we see her in Tekken 6... it's too bad I'll never play it since Namco is Sony's bitch through and through.

I'll even take TDR on 360 with Live play.[/quote]

On a side note, I check Wikipedia, and it looks like there's a pretty good chance Lili will be in T6.

• Since she appears in the E3 trailer for Tekken 6 it is likely she will appear as a playable character.
It kinda sucks that it'll most likely only be on the PS3, but I figure by the time T6 comes out, hopefully there'll have been a price drop on the PS3. I plan on eventually buying a PS3, but definitely not at launch.

thirdary (is that a word???)

close-- it's tertiary. I only know this because it's one of those words people use to sound smart in Wisconsin. :lol: Got your friend request man, send me an invite whenever you wanna play online. I can give ya some good pointers for Hitomi.

I'll be around live tonight...probably playing lost planet and NNN. too tired to drive to the city, as usual. drove all day in the hot hot weather and am a bit dehydrated. :drool:

[quote name='Apossum']close-- it's tertiary. I only know this because it's one of those words people use to sound smart in Wisconsin. :lol: Got your friend request man, send me an invite whenever you wanna play online. I can give ya some good pointers for Hitomi.

I'll be around live tonight...probably playing lost planet and NNN. too tired to drive to the city, as usual. drove all day in the hot hot weather and am a bit dehydrated. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I'll hopefully be on Live tonight... I'm not dehydrated, but my medication has me lightly sedated which is perfect for playing stuff like Shadow of the Colossus... so I've been doing that rather than being raped by the sun's rays.

And Rolento's surprisingly good for having not played DOA 4... definitely has the Fighting Spirit.

[quote name='karsh']On a side note, I check Wikipedia, and it looks like there's a pretty good chance Lili will be in T6.
  • Since she appears in the E3 trailer for Tekken 6 it is likely she will appear as a playable character.
It kinda sucks that it'll most likely only be on the PS3, but I figure by the time T6 comes out, hopefully there'll have been a price drop on the PS3. I plan on eventually buying a PS3, but definitely not at launch.[/quote]

The way things are going in my world I might not be able to buy a PS3 until the PS4 comes out.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The way things are going in my world I might not be able to buy a PS3 until the PS4 comes out.[/QUOTE]

shit i dont even have a 360 yet...oh well..i wish TDR was AD Hoc and not infrastructure...that woulda kicked ass if we could have a CAG tourney through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back