CAG Fighting Thread #16 The Legend Never Dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='evanft']
MKA_char_select_01.jpg
[/QUOTE]

speaking of boring...so many cool characters, it's such a shame that they all play exactly the same way :lol:

Kintaro still looks like a mad kitty. But this Mortal Kombat looks like it'll be a nice little rental.

What do you guys think is the lamest MK character? My vote goes to Kobra. Lame name, and a complete Ken rip off. His moves are okay though.

for me it's a tossup between mocap and kobra... i like how ed boon even mentioned at a time that kobra was a Ken rip off :lol:

as for Tekken characters I'm using: Kazuya mainly (duh ;) ), Jin (working on improving myself with him), Dragunov, Paul, Jack5 and soon Ganryu which I hope to improve way more on soon. I still need to post my ghosts, though I think if anyone plays mine they'll be underwhelmed... as for everyone else, please upload your ghosts soon.

[quote name='MarkMan']So who's everyone using in Tekken: DR? I haven't been playing it, my friends and I are practicing 5.0 for EVOLUTION 2006 which is just a little more than 3 weeks away.

I got about 130 wins on survival mode last night, didn't update it to tekkennet yet though lol. I need to hurry up and mod my dpad cuz the diagonals are so horrible on the PSP. u/f and u/b being the worst of them all.

I finally got iSW juggles down though(King).[/QUOTE]

im using Devil Jin right now...does anyone know any good juggles with him...im still stuck in T3 mode with the laser scraper combo. I really want to practice Dragunov because after playing the ghost...he looks really really interesting to play...damn i just finished Dojo...i dont think my ghost would be no where near to your guys lvl....

^^ Glad you asked. For Devil Jin his best basic combo is launch (either from WS+2 or EWGF) into f,f+3,1, d/f+1,2~f,f, f,N,d,D/F+4. If done fast enough the hellsweep is gauranteed.

Also after f,N,d,D/F+4(hellsweep), do 1+4, d/f+1,2~f,f, into another hellsweep. This only works if the hellsweep lands mid/close though. If it lands far away do either f,N,d,d/f+3 or a delayed hellsweep(do it at the end of the crouch dash motion by still holding D/F and waiting to input 4, you'll notice it's slower but does more damage).

After a wall stun with Devil Jin do 1,2, d+3+4.

------

RR: Besides Kazuya, those are all really easy characters to learn, I'm sure you'll have no problem pickin' them up!

Btw did anyone play MK: Deception online when it came out? Man that game was cheesy fun. It was out a month or two before Tekken 5 hit the arcades so a bunch of SD TEKKEN guys and I played the shit out of it and ended up being all in the top 10 of the world rankings haha.

That game is so broken it's stupid. After playing Armageddon at E3 it still kept all the broken stuff lol. Hope they change it for the better(which I doubt). I miss the feel of MK II and UMK3.

I'm using Bryan as usual in Tekken: DR and I'm attempting to pick up Dragunov. I really like to use Armor King but I normally can't take him to high level skill, something about him just doesn't click for me. Dragunov feels like he may become my new main as I have been running with basically the same play style in tekken since 2 moving from Bruce to Bryan, it's time for something fresh. I am just loving that I can take Tekken with me anywhere I want it's my favorite game series and the main reason I bought psp was in hopes it would happen. Only thing that saddens me is no Ogre(humanoid not true ogre) he was my secondary character durring his run.

[quote name='MarkMan']Btw did anyone play MK: Deception online when it came out? Man that game was cheesy fun. It was out a month or two before Tekken 5 hit the arcades so a bunch of SD TEKKEN guys and I played the shit out of it and ended up being all in the top 10 of the world rankings haha.

That game is so broken it's stupid. After playing Armageddon at E3 it still kept all the broken stuff lol. Hope they change it for the better(which I doubt). I miss the feel of MK II and UMK3.[/QUOTE]

I still firmly beleive half of the reason why MK games now are still fun is because of their brokeness. It's one of the few fighters where I don't have to worry about anthing other than screwing around to have a good time and not worrying about improving my skill or anything else. Overall, just enjoyable if nothing else.

[quote name='MarkMan']^^ Glad you asked. For Devil Jin his best basic combo is launch (either from WS+2 or EWGF) into f,f+3,1, d/f+1,2~f,f, f,N,d,D/F+4. If done fast enough the hellsweep is gauranteed.

Also after f,N,d,D/F+4(hellsweep), do 1+4, d/f+1,2~f,f, into another hellsweep. This only works if the hellsweep lands mid/close though. If it lands far away do either f,N,d,d/f+3 or a delayed hellsweep(do it at the end of the crouch dash motion by still holding D/F and waiting to input 4, you'll notice it's slower but does more damage).

After a wall stun with Devil Jin do 1,2, d+3+4.

------

RR: Besides Kazuya, those are all really easy characters to learn, I'm sure you'll have no problem pickin' them up![/QUOTE]

thanks ill have to practice that...im getting my butt whipped in the heaven dojo.so i could use anything different than laser scraper. thanks markman

I've got a somewhat interesting situation: I'm looking at dumping some of my fighting games, but I'm having trouble picking out which ones. No, I'm not getting out of fighting games... not even a little bit... but there's some entries in various series that just aren't getting played and I'm not sure that they're even worth having on the shelf anymore. My goal is basically to only have fighting games that vary rather significantly rather than having a game on the shelf that's completely replaced by another. Anyway, here's what i'm looking at:

Dead or Alive series - I have DOA 3, 4, and Ultimate... I'm thinking about dumping 3 since it seems as though it had some major issues, but is Ultimate worth hanging onto?

Soul Calibur - I've got SC 1, 2, and 3. From what I hear, 3 is utterly broken... is that true or should I hang onto that one? And how about 2? As far as I know, 1 was excellent and has aged well.

King of Fighters -- I'm considering getting rid of KOF Neowave (sound familiar? I already asked but I was hoping to get a couple more responses)... I hear it's a revision of KOF 2002 that ended up being worse than '02 was... anything I'm missing?

Edit: Also wondering if I should keep Tekken 5 or ditch that in favor of Dark Ressurection... does the original have anything significant to make it worth keeping?

I would hold onto the first two Soul Caliburs. They're both classics that should be enjoyed for years to come. I can't tell you about the third one since I haven't picked it up yet.

I like playing DOA Ultimate. I'd hold onto that one because it's the best game in the series.

I also have Neowave but I never play it anymore. That's mostly due to Alpha Anthology but I can't seem to pop the game in with so many other quality games to play. Are there people still online playing Neowave?

I'm in the same boat as you. So many fighting games, so little time. I'm also considering trading away Samurai Shodown V and KOF 00/01. I know I'll probably never play them again and I'll never get the same enjoyment from them than I did with their predecessors.

I'm not really interested in keeping games for the sake of online play -- I'm mainly wanting to get rid of ones that are just pointless to have.

But I would get rid of SamShoV... that game was just insulting.

[quote name='Chacrana']Soul Calibur - I've got SC 1, 2, and 3. From what I hear, 3 is utterly broken... is that true or should I hang onto that one? And how about 2? As far as I know, 1 was excellent and has aged well.

Edit: Also wondering if I should keep Tekken 5 or ditch that in favor of Dark Ressurection... does the original have anything significant to make it worth keeping?[/quote]I dunno about you, but I keep all my games for sentimental value. If you still want to get rid of them, though...

I don't know where you heard that SCIII was "broken", because it's not. It has some bad glitches and character imbalance, but then so do other good fighting games. Soul Calibur is an epic series, so I'd say keep it intact.

Tekken 5 is significant in the fact that it's a console game, rather than a PSP one. It's better for group multiplayer sessions at a party or whatnot. Not to mention it has Starblade, and arcade Tekkens 1-3 (does DR have that?).

Dump DOA like the trash that it is.

[quote name='integralsmatic']thanks ill have to practice that...im getting my butt whipped in the heaven dojo.so i could use anything different than laser scraper. thanks markman[/quote]
does dj's d+1 still work against the computer?

hitting that move 3780953972304923097x is highly amusing

[quote name='kainzero']does dj's d+1 still work against the computer?

hitting that move 3780953972304923097x is highly amusing[/QUOTE]

yeah it still works but when you reach the heaven dojo it doesnt work as often because the higher ghosts have enough logic to block it. atleast thats what im finding out...anyway i dunno if ill be uploading a ghost anytime soon...mine will be pretty horrible as is...still alot to learn about Devil Jin..

I have a question, hope someone can help me out :)

So I bought 2 imports the other day, Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection and the Last Blade 2-in-1. I currently have a flip top on my fat PS2.

Last Blade loads up without a hitch. But when I put in Vampire, when it gets to the "Now Loading" screen the PS2 starts to make a really loud noise. I tried both the disc hub that game with the flip top and the hub that came with the PS2 (which is currently the one inside), and both make the same noise. The only thing that cured this was when I got to that screen I opened up the flip top and closed it again. Then everything was quiet.

Just wondering if anyone knows what is wrong and if opening the flip top while a game is spinning, then closing it is bad for the game/PS2?

Thanks!

[quote name='asianxcore']I have a question, hope someone can help me out :)

So I bought 2 imports the other day, Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection and the Last Blade 2-in-1. I currently have a flip top on my fat PS2.

Last Blade loads up without a hitch. But when I put in Vampire, when it gets to the "Now Loading" screen the PS2 starts to make a really loud noise. I tried both the disc hub that game with the flip top and the hub that came with the PS2 (which is currently the one inside), and both make the same noise. The only thing that cured this was when I got to that screen I opened up the flip top and closed it again. Then everything was quiet.

Just wondering if anyone knows what is wrong and if opening the flip top while a game is spinning, then closing it is bad for the game/PS2?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I actually have a similar problem with some of my games, and some of the them are signifcantly louder loaders than other ones.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I actually have a similar problem with some of my games, and some of the them are signifcantly louder loaders than other ones.[/QUOTE]

Have you done anything to try to get rid of it? (the sound) When do you usually get the sound? Between matches? etc?

I went ahead and opened up my PS2 again. I re-tightened all the screws and made sure I didn't make them too tight. Then I cleaned my lens with hydrogen peroxide.

Booted up Vampire again. This time no problem during the loading screen, loaded up fine. But recently I got the same noise inbetween matches when they show the character portraits/names. It was only once, but I am playing through to see if it will happen again.

Okay, you bastards. You convinced me to buy Tekken: Dark Resurrection... can't wait to get started since I haven't enjoyed a Tekken game since Tekken 3 (didn't play 4 or 5.)

[quote name='asianxcore']Have you done anything to try to get rid of it? (the sound) When do you usually get the sound? Between matches? etc?

I went ahead and opened up my PS2 again. I re-tightened all the screws and made sure I didn't make them too tight. Then I cleaned my lens with hydrogen peroxide.

Booted up Vampire again. This time no problem during the loading screen, loaded up fine. But recently I got the same noise inbetween matches when they show the character portraits/names. It was only once, but I am playing through to see if it will happen again.[/QUOTE]

I haven't done anything to try and fix it, only because I don't really think that it has an effect on the performance, my ps2 has been chugging along fine w/ the flip-top for at least 3 months now.

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, you bastards. You convinced me to buy Tekken: Dark Resurrection... can't wait to get started since I haven't enjoyed a Tekken game since Tekken 3 (didn't play 4 or 5.)[/QUOTE]

you deserve a baby slap on the wrist for not playing 5 ever, but that's it. Easily a huge milestone in the fighting genre, but no need for me to get my Tekken fanboyism out of the box.

and yes, jin and Djin's d+1 work like a charm... kazuya's b+2,4,3 and d/f+2 work amazingly well as well. Everyone still has those cpu breaking moves... at least until the heaven dojo.

Well, Tekken 5 came with the arcade stick I got recently so I'm hanging onto it solely because I want to try it and the arcade versions of Tekken 2 and 3...

But yeah, shame on me I guess.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, Tekken 5 came with the arcade stick I got recently so I'm hanging onto it solely because I want to try it and the arcade versions of Tekken 2 and 3...

But yeah, shame on me I guess.[/QUOTE]

:lol: don't worry though. I do understand that you've got a serious backlog of stuff to get through.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Is Street Fighter EX3 worth $13? I've always wanted to try it, and a local Gamestop has a used one in stock...[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't bother. I had it back in 2000 when it came out and it just feels weak all around. The game plays like a ghetto version of Street Fighter Alpha 1, the new characters are uninteresting, and the 3D graphics feel completely unnecessary. The story mode is a little messed up too because it's not straight one on one fights -- you'll have different types of matches where you might have to fight 3 people at once or have to deal with something else.

The gameplay just feels shallow and it's really not that entertaining at all. At $13 bucks, I'd definitely pass.

[quote name='Chacrana']No, I wouldn't bother. I had it back in 2000 when it came out and it just feels weak all around. The game plays like a ghetto version of Street Fighter Alpha 1, the new characters are uninteresting, and the 3D graphics feel completely unnecessary. The story mode is a little messed up too because it's not straight one on one fights -- you'll have different types of matches where you might have to fight 3 people at once or have to deal with something else.

The gameplay just feels shallow and it's really not that entertaining at all. At $13 bucks, I'd definitely pass.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the input. I seem to recall one of my friends owning it around the time it came out, and me commenting on how much it sucked.

So I am working on picking up Drag. in DR and would really like to pick up Raven too but I have this problem where I really don't do well with fast characters in Tekken or most fighters in general. Anyone have tips for changing gears cleaner from the more power house character type to the faster style? Should I pick up a middle ground character as like a bridge? some one like Nina maybe who can hit hard or do the fast style. I generally play a reactive style switching to pitbull/rushdown if necessary(usually vs other reactive players).

Tried playing the Quick Battle mode... yeah.

I have no fucking clue how to play this thing... I think I'll just start with Tekken 5 on the PS2

[quote name='TheUnsane1']So I am working on picking up Drag. in DR and would really like to pick up Raven too but I have this problem where I really don't do well with fast characters in Tekken or most fighters in general. Anyone have tips for changing gears cleaner from the more power house character type to the faster style? Should I pick up a middle ground character as like a bridge? some one like Nina maybe who can hit hard or do the fast style. I generally play a reactive style switching to pitbull/rushdown if necessary(usually vs other reactive players).[/QUOTE]

A good in between mix of speed and power may be: Jin, Nina, Bruce, and probably the rest o fthe mishimas...

Raven can be a bit complex since he's not really all speed. He's moderate speed in reality. If you need speed try some xiaoyu or baek since almost all their moves are high priority.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']A good in between mix of speed and power may be: Jin, Nina, Bruce, and probably the rest o fthe mishimas...

Raven can be a bit complex since he's not really all speed. He's moderate speed in reality. If you need speed try some xiaoyu or baek since almost all their moves are high priority.[/QUOTE]
In tekken 2 I played Baek before I moved to Bruce. I think its not so much speed as it is finesse I need help with I tend to live or die on punishing my opponents with high damage hard shots or powerful juggles. I am not the best on offense with a aggressive attitude. I

I got my custom arcade stick in the mail today :)

Looks great. Plays great so far. I definitely have to be even quicker with my motions. I have gotten so used to D-Pad's for fighting games on home consoles. The only thing I'm going to add is some time of padding similiar to mouse pad stuff. Simply because I don't want to scrape up the bottom of the stick (it's a wood box)

[quote name='TheUnsane1']In tekken 2 I played Baek before I moved to Bruce. I think its not so much speed as it is finesse I need help with I tend to live or die on punishing my opponents with high damage hard shots or powerful juggles. I am not the best on offense with a aggressive attitude. I

Yea I always forget I am half way decent with lee. I use him when I get bored but I am def. passable with him.

If you want a speedy character one of the better ones I would suggest is either Anna, Nina or Steve. Lee is really good too you'd just need to have a great sense of walls and the CH system to fully utilize his tools.

Baek has a really good oki game and can hit hard if your opponent can't react to his lows. He has a ton of holes in his game though. If you play conservative though he can be annoying. Annoying in a good way.

I wouldn't reccommend Xiaoyu unless you have fun playing her. She lacks moves that track and she can't really punish hard. She has a decent launcher but it's very punishable and should only be used when it's gauranteed or as a mid range whiff punisher.

Raven is really good and has good 50/50 mixups. He has one of the better(although punishable) WS launchers in the game. His CD game got toned down as did his magic 4~3 launcher(more negative on block). If you're good with your movement/spacing Raven is definately a contender for a good character. He can deal tremendous wall damage and can travel really far if he gets a launch. He has solid pokes and his crush moves are very reliable.

Anna and Nina are both powerhouses when it comes to the damage department. The only thing that Anna lacks is a solid low move that covers good ground like Nina's WTF. Nina on the other hand does not have a launcher that's as good as Anna's d/f+2. Although Nina does have one of the best evasive launchers in the game with SS+2. Nina's b+1+4 is decent but it's very punishable by most of the characters.

In the end I urge you to just play who you enjoy playing as. Focus on them.

Oh yea, got a batch of new fighting games in today.

Guilty Gear XX Slash
Chou Dragonball Z
Battle Stadium D.O.N.

Guilty Gear XX Slash is awesome... looks beautiful. Although I don't think I have the time to get too deep with it. I'm really interested though in learning enough so I can enjoy watching the game at EVO2006.

Chou Dragonball Z(Super Dragonball Z here) is awesome. The control scheme is a bit awkward at first but it is IMO a good fighting system. Right now I'm leaning towards using Android No. 18 and Chi-Chi as I like their fighting styles and rushdown options.

About to try out Battle Stadium D.O.N...

[quote name='MarkMan']If you want a speedy character one of the better ones I would suggest is either Anna, Nina or Steve. Lee is really good too you'd just need to have a great sense of walls and the CH system to fully utilize his tools.

Baek has a really good oki game and can hit hard if your opponent can't react to his lows. He has a ton of holes in his game though. If you play conservative though he can be annoying. Annoying in a good way.

I wouldn't reccommend Xiaoyu unless you have fun playing her. She lacks moves that track and she can't really punish hard. She has a decent launcher but it's very punishable and should only be used when it's gauranteed or as a mid range whiff punisher.

Raven is really good and has good 50/50 mixups. He has one of the better(although punishable) WS launchers in the game. His CD game got toned down as did his magic 4~3 launcher(more negative on block). If you're good with your movement/spacing Raven is definately a contender for a good character. He can deal tremendous wall damage and can travel really far if he gets a launch. He has solid pokes and his crush moves are very reliable.

Anna and Nina are both powerhouses when it comes to the damage department. The only thing that Anna lacks is a solid low move that covers good ground like Nina's WTF. Nina on the other hand does not have a launcher that's as good as Anna's d/f+2. Although Nina does have one of the best evasive launchers in the game with SS+2. Nina's b+1+4 is decent but it's very punishable by most of the characters.

In the end I urge you to just play who you enjoy playing as. Focus on them.[/QUOTE]
thanx for the info I could handle lee I'm sure I have a decent wall game with Bryan and Lee seems like he isn't too much more to deal with. I just am really starting to notice I am a one trick pony and my Bryan tho good becomes predictable after so many matches even tho I use alot of mix ups. I like the way Raven moves and how fluid he seems to play, I am also not against learning Feng but he seems really commonly used. I feel like Dragunov plays alot like Bryan in play style am I wrong? He seems to get caught by alot of the same stuff that takes Bryan out which makes him not so useful as my secondary character. I know I seem all over the place with characters I just love Tekken and want to get my feet wet with a play style different from my normal one. I've been running hard hitting characters since Tekken 1.

[quote name='Chacrana']Tried playing the Quick Battle mode... yeah.

I have no fucking clue how to play this thing... I think I'll just start with Tekken 5 on the PS2[/QUOTE]

Same here... I'm not really feeling the game very much for some reason, I play it for maybe 15 minutes and then hop back on DoA 4.

I'll play it even less once SF 2 comes out. Maybe it's the fact I have no competition in it, and never will since nobody I know owns a PSP, and I get bored playing against the computer over and over again with no real incentives.

Graphics are awesome though, I'll give it that much. It just seems... slow, I guess, after playing so much DoA 4.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I haven't done anything to try and fix it, only because I don't really think that it has an effect on the performance, my ps2 has been chugging along fine w/ the flip-top for at least 3 months now.[/QUOTE]

The loud/grinding sound is starting to scare me haha :)

I think the problem is I keep putting on the flip top case screws too tight. I've been keeping a screwdriver on my desk just in case the problem comes up again. When I adjusted the screws the first time, it let me run Vampire without a problem. But then when I put in a copy of Budokai 3 in, it made that sound again. After adjusting it a 2nd time, it fixed the problem with Budokai 3 and Vampire still ran well.

Are the swap discs supposed to make loud noises while loading up?

Import gaming is going to give me a heart attack.

Bryan and Dragunov are very different. Bryan is a monster at punishing as he has one of the fastest/best punish moves in the game with his f,b+2. Also he has a ton of good pressure moves.

Bryan also has one of the best wall games in the game. Post wall 1,2,1, if the opponent techs he can catch them and launch them for free if you have good timing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same here... I'm not really feeling the game very much for some reason, I play it for maybe 15 minutes and then hop back on DoA 4.

I'll play it even less once SF 2 comes out. Maybe it's the fact I have no competition in it, and never will since nobody I know owns a PSP, and I get bored playing against the computer over and over again with no real incentives.

Graphics are awesome though, I'll give it that much. It just seems... slow, I guess, after playing so much DoA 4.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I am starting to really hate DoA4. I know it's fast, but every fight I play I always feel the outcome of the winner is too random. Sure if you have experience on your side, more likely you will win. But I have found that DoA isn't friendly to good players. I know I suck, but everything seems either too easy to pull off (excluding hyabusa's throw) and some (very few) moves for the lower teir characters seem a bit pointless (ie. Zacks boxing sway moves...? tell my why I should use them instead of parrying?). I still feel like DoAU was more user friendly in terms of fighting skill. I still will get raped by you in DoA4 though, guaranteed.

I still say to people that if Tekken feels too slow to you, you need to either play competitively or practice a bit more. I can understand though in your case how that's not the most likely thing since there's really no competition around you from what it sounds like.

Oh yea, if anyone that hasn't gotten Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP yet and is thinking about it. If you want the definitive version(Gameplay/experience wise) and don't care about text/story or whatever. I suggest the Japanese version over the US version.

The Tekken Dojo AI is much better and it also doesn't have the goofy Namco Hometek made up names they are actual ghosts of real players from Japan. You'll still be able to do everything that all the other regions that have DR can do. But you'll have extra stuff like titles and the upcoming tekkennet online features that are for Japan only(not that great, but it's better than nothing lol).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I am starting to really hate DoA4. I know it's fast, but every fight I play I always feel the outcome of the winner is too random. Sure if you have experience on your side, more likely you will win. But I have found that DoA isn't friendly to good players. I know I suck, but everything seems either too easy to pull off (excluding hyabusa's throw) and some (very few) moves for the lower teir characters seem a bit pointless (ie. Zacks boxing sway moves...? tell my why I should use them instead of parrying?). I still feel like DoAU was more user friendly in terms of fighting skill. I still will get raped by you in DoA4 though, guaranteed.
[/QUOTE]

DoA 4 isn't about randomness of all... sure, it favors the skills, but all fighting games do. DoA 4 is alot more about mind games and priority. Zack's boxing sway moves are great because they lead into other moves and have decent priority, if I'm thinking of the right moves... why counter a move when you can totally abuse someone with a big power move off of his sway move?

And if you start abusing the parry, people will start throwing you every time. I once played someone who would throw out a counter during every one of my attack strings at the exact same moment... I just free canceled into a throw to punish him every time.

I don't believe Zack is lower tier, either... he's in the upper section. Not as good as some of the others but he is all about the random, very hard to counter, and a bitch to play as because he can free cancel his moves into moves into throw and switch out his kicks and strings.

Whenever I play, I know when I lose it's my fault, either because I didn't switch up my moves enough, I made a stupid mistake, or the other person just had control of the match. When I win I know it was skill, and not just me mashing all over the buttons, because mashing all over the buttons will get you owned fast.

I was frustrated with DoA 4 when I first got it because I thought it would be an easy game to learn and play... you actually have to spend time learning the ins and outs of the battle system. If you feel it's too random, it's because you have to learn how to take control of the situation and make your opponent react the way you want them to react and to be able to adapt on the fly.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I am starting to really hate DoA4. I know it's fast, but every fight I play I always feel the outcome of the winner is too random. Sure if you have experience on your side, more likely you will win. But I have found that DoA isn't friendly to good players. I know I suck, but everything seems either too easy to pull off (excluding hyabusa's throw) and some (very few) moves for the lower teir characters seem a bit pointless (ie. Zacks boxing sway moves...? tell my why I should use them instead of parrying?). I still feel like DoAU was more user friendly in terms of fighting skill. I still will get raped by you in DoA4 though, guaranteed.

I still say to people that if Tekken feels too slow to you, you need to either play competitively or practice a bit more. I can understand though in your case how that's not the most likely thing since there's really no competition around you from what it sounds like.[/QUOTE]

It's interesting because there's a stage where you think that DOA 4 has all this pointless shit in it, but then after a while, you realize how all of that can be used efficiently in a fight. I suppose it's the opposite of something like Virtua Fighter or Tekken... DOA 4 feels too fast at first, but it definitely becomes more managable as you progress.

Rolento's right. It's too fast and random.

DOA4 is Rock, Paper, Scissors...on SPEED.

Sure, there's still skill involved. I mean, there's even a nationals Rock, Paper, Scissors competition.

But it's still stupid.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's interesting because there's a stage where you think that DOA 4 has all this pointless shit in it, but then after a while, you realize how all of that can be used efficiently in a fight. I suppose it's the opposite of something like Virtua Fighter or Tekken... DOA 4 feels too fast at first, but it definitely becomes more managable as you progress.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this. I can agree with roufuss too, but it still is the most random fighter. It's no way near VF or Tekken really, but it;s progressing. Don't get me wrong, I still love DoA I just still find itr more mindless than alot of fighters out already.

Itagaki has a good thing going, but he just needs to add another level of strategy to the game (honestly I don't know how). I do realize I am horrible and need to get past that point into being actually good and feel comfortable with the system, so I still have that to work on.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's interesting because there's a stage where you think that DOA 4 has all this pointless shit in it, but then after a while, you realize how all of that can be used efficiently in a fight. I suppose it's the opposite of something like Virtua Fighter or Tekken... DOA 4 feels too fast at first, but it definitely becomes more managable as you progress.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this. I can agree with roufuss too, but it still is the most random fighter. It's no way near VF or Tekken really, but it;s progressing. Don't get me wrong, I still love DoA I just still find itr more mindless than alot of fighters out already.

Itagaki has a good thing going, but he just needs to add another level of strategy to the game (honestly I don't know how). I do realize I am horrible and need to get past that point into being actually good and feel comfortable with the system, so I still have that to work on.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yea, if anyone that hasn't gotten Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP yet and is thinking about it. If you want the definitive version(Gameplay/experience wise) and don't care about text/story or whatever. I suggest the Japanese version over the US version.

The Tekken Dojo AI is much better and it also doesn't have the goofy Namco Hometek made up names they are actual ghosts of real players from Japan. You'll still be able to do everything that all the other regions that have DR can do. But you'll have extra stuff like titles and the upcoming tekkennet online features that are for Japan only(not that great, but it's better than nothing lol).[/QUOTE]

interesting...so these arent even real players ghosts...dam i learn something new everyday...i might have to pick that up than...and trade in my current DR...

[quote name='B:L']Rolento's right. It's too fast and random.

DOA4 is Rock, Paper, Scissors...on SPEED.

Sure, there's still skill involved. I mean, there's even a nationals Rock, Paper, Scissors competition.

But it's still stupid.[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing like 10 threads back, and Apossum wanted to rip my head off. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back