CAG Fighting Thread #16 The Legend Never Dies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']
And Rolento's surprisingly good for having not played DOA 4... definitely has the Fighting Spirit.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the compliment and good games even though I only won one... >_<

I'll eventually find the right character for me... I still don't know if Hitomi is it, but we'll see.

If you want a good time with TDR on PSP, play the CPU in heaven dojo since they are not too bad. I'll upload my ghosts to zaibatsu when I find a bit of time.

I have to share this....my custom arcade stick is finally done!!! The stick maker I've been working with got the parts he needed yesterday. He's shipping this bad boy out today. I hope to get it within the next week or so.

I am not good at photoshop, so I had the maker design me artwork based on my idea of what I wanted. Out of all the color combinations for joystick/buttons, I decided on what is pictured. What do you guys think? :)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/koi_stick/P7280105.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/koi_stick/P7280107.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/koi_stick/P7280106.jpg

also...welcome back Rolento!

[quote name='asianxcore']I have to share this....my custom arcade stick is finally done!!! The stick maker I've been working with got the parts he needed yesterday. He's shipping this bad boy out today. I hope to get it within the next week or so.

I am not good at photoshop, so I had the maker design me artwork based on my idea of what I wanted. Out of all the color combinations for joystick/buttons, I decided on what is pictured. What do you guys think? :)

also...welcome back Rolento![/QUOTE]

Very nice stick - how much did you pay? I'd love to get a custom stick but seeing as I'm a CAG I want the best deal possible.

Anyway, the artwork looks great, enjoy it.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Very nice stick - how much did you pay? I'd love to get a custom stick but seeing as I'm a CAG I want the best deal possible.

Anyway, the artwork looks great, enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

$135 shipped. Not very CAG-like, but it's something I've always wanted.

[quote name='integralsmatic']shit i dont even have a 360 yet...oh well..i wish TDR was AD Hoc and not infrastructure...that woulda kicked ass if we could have a CAG tourney through it.[/quote]

Me neither, although I usually wait a year before buying new hardware anyway.

[quote name='asianxcore']I have to share this....my custom arcade stick is finally done!!! The stick maker I've been working with got the parts he needed yesterday. He's shipping this bad boy out today. I hope to get it within the next week or so.

also...welcome back Rolento![/QUOTE]

That's so damn cool... I don't know what the other options were, but you definitely made the right choice.

And on a side note, I won a new copy of GGXX Slash on Ebay for $40... had to happen sometime.

[quote name='asianxcore']$135 shipped. Not very CAG-like, but it's something I've always wanted.[/quote]

It's good to see you went that route and didn't get all crazy with the Anniversary mod. You got yourself a great looking stick.

also...welcome back Rolento![/quote]

Very nice stick. I have my own custom Happ as well (call me old-fashioned, but I love Happs) that a pic of I posted waaay back in the original fighting game thread.

Anyone have any hints for how to pull of the "While crouching, down-forward, down, down-forward hold throw" throws in Tekken, especially DR? I've never been good at them and the whole not having a good D-pad for diagonals is killing me in Command Attack...

Chacrana, my other choices involved varied combinations of orange, blue, black, and white joystick/buttons.

Depascal, thanks. I know I asked you a lot of questions concerning the SF Arcade Stick mod. I appreciate you taking the time to answer them for me. In the end I felt that for the price I would've paid to do all that, I could just put towards a custom joystick.

Purple Flames, my custom arcade stick has Happ stick and buttons. Is that the same as yours?

[quote name='karsh']Anyone have any hints for how to pull of the "While crouching, down-forward, down, down-forward hold throw" throws in Tekken, especially DR? I've never been good at them and the whole not having a good D-pad for diagonals is killing me in Command Attack...[/QUOTE]
That motion is difficult til you have the timing down. I still can't get it on DR hopefully once I do my dpad mod. It's sorta like doing a dragon punch motion starting from down-back(at least thats how I get it to work). I'm sure Markman or Rolento would have better tips for it. I have the most trouble with combos that have up-forward or up-back in them on the psp version atm.

[quote name='asianxcore']Purple Flames, my custom arcade stick has Happ stick and buttons. Is that the same as yours?[/quote]

You are correct good sir.

Just to give some quick impressions on Super DBZ. I haven't put much time into it because I been busy playing Tekken and a few other games. It's not as deep as I thought it might be. I do like it better and it is a little deeper than the Budokai games. It does suck though afte r playing the Budokai games and having some many charcters to pick from to going down to what Super DBZ offers. If each guy had a deep move list it would be ok but as it is its dissappointing. Overall right now I would give it a 6/10. I picked it up for $29.99 on sale at CC, I think today is the last day of that sale.
And right now I am addicted to Tekken DR. I have not played a Tekken game this much since Tag. Next we need some Soul Calibur on the PSP. And I do hope they port Tekken DR to PS2 but I doubt it.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']That was an exciting match. Good stuff. What game is that?[/quote]

It's MUGEN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

It's a game engine which allow you to use character rips from virtually any game and make your own custom fighter. Quite entertaining, but a little tricky to set-up the way you want because most everything is altered in the config files.

Moves that have FC d/f,d,d/f in em' are really easy, you just got to get used to em.

Basically duck, while in that position, slide the dpad to d/f~quickly to down~then back to d/f+the button you need. It should be really smooth. Moves like Bryan's CoM throw(Chains of Misery) and Law's dragon slide will be no problem once you get used to the motion. If you're really good you can make them come out seemlessly from the standing position.

Just practice.

[quote name='MarkMan']Moves that have FC d/f,d,d/f in em' are really easy, you just got to get used to em.

Basically duck, while in that position, slide the dpad to d/f~quickly to down~then back to d/f+the button you need. It should be really smooth. Moves like Bryan's CoM throw(Chains of Misery) and Law's dragon slide will be no problem once you get used to the motion. If you're really good you can make them come out seemlessly from the standing position.

Just practice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're ot that horrible to do once you know where to start. Back in Tekken 3 days when I decided to up my playing level I had a hard time with it, but figured it out over time. I still prefer Axe Kicks and Double Pistons when using Kazuya and recovering from crouching position, but his throw (forget the name) that has the same movement is nice to do from tiem to time when needed. Oh, and I love his modified moves as well as his 1+2... friggin sweet. The stun at the end of the 1+2 adds a nice lead up to more damage.

Slightly off topic, but I wrote a guide over at Gamespot on how to play imported games for pretty much all current systems... I know some people were looking into imports and shit here for 2D fighting needs so should I post it (it's long) or not bother?

[quote name='Chacrana']Slightly off topic, but I wrote a guide over at Gamespot on how to play imported games for pretty much all current systems... I know some people were looking into imports and shit here for 2D fighting needs so should I post it (it's long) or not bother?[/QUOTE]

Post it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Slightly off topic, but I wrote a guide over at Gamespot on how to play imported games for pretty much all current systems... I know some people were looking into imports and shit here for 2D fighting needs so should I post it (it's long) or not bother?[/QUOTE]

post away. I love being educated.

Eh, okay, but maybe I'll just make a new thread for it since it's a little off topic, it's fuckin' huge, and I like opening myself to ridicule.

So who's everyone using in Tekken: DR? I haven't been playing it, my friends and I are practicing 5.0 for EVOLUTION 2006 which is just a little more than 3 weeks away.

I got about 130 wins on survival mode last night, didn't update it to tekkennet yet though lol. I need to hurry up and mod my dpad cuz the diagonals are so horrible on the PSP. u/f and u/b being the worst of them all.

I finally got iSW juggles down though(King).

I've mainly been using Asuka (which I know we've been over before about how she's really kinda meh, but I can't help liking playing as her), Lili, Dragunov, and Armor King. I'm a sucker for the DR-specific characters.

I'm using Xiaoyu almost exclusively...always have since Tekken 3. I've also used Lili and Asuka a bit.

yep, all about using the chicks in fighters for some reason ;-) probably cause they always have the faster styles.

[quote name='Apossum']yep, all about using the chicks in fighters for some reason ;-) probably cause they always have the faster styles.[/quote]

Heh, I think DOA had something to do with that. ;)

BTW karsh, I thought Asuka was pretty cool in T5. Not "meh" at all to me. I like her fighting style a lot.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Heh, I think DOA had something to do with that. ;)

BTW karsh, I thought Asuka was pretty cool in T5. Not "meh" at all to me. I like her fighting style a lot.[/quote]

I just remember someone in here mentioning how her strings are very predictable. Not sure who mentioned it, but I vaguely remember it.

Doesn't matter if characters are 'meh' as long as you're having fun. But if you wanna compare strengths of a character vs another, that's where meh comes in.

Myself I use pretty much everybody, buy my favorite characters are King/Ganryu/Eddy.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Heh, I think DOA had something to do with that. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I liked women long before playing DoA buddy! :lol:

speaking of which, I'll be on a bit later tonight. remember: the key to beating me is getting me to talk during the match :p

[quote name='Apossum']I liked women long before playing DoA buddy! :lol:

speaking of which, I'll be on a bit later tonight. remember: the key to beating me is getting me to talk during the match :p[/QUOTE]

It's a double edged sword actually. You talk which lowers your ability, but I listen to you which makes me stupider... so we both lose :lol:

AKA: Yes, I'll be on later.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's a double edged sword actually. You talk which lowers your ability, but I listen to you which makes me stupider... so we both lose :lol:

[/QUOTE]

that's my secret weapon. that and "wait, hold on...check out those oranges! look at them roll!"

[quote name='Apossum']that's my secret weapon. that and "wait, hold on...check out those oranges! look at them roll!"[/QUOTE]

Wait, in real life? Where?

Aw damn it.

Sad thing is that I really do look at the oranges rolling in the game... I didn't even make that part up.

Lei Fang has to be the most boring character ever created in any fighting game.

WTF is her point, anyways? Every other DoA character is cool, except her... even her costumes suck ass... 1 - 5 are palette swaps, and so are 6 - 7 and they only look ok.

I hope DoA 5 drops Lei Fang for good, she dosen't seem to serve a purpose at all. But since it seems to be impossible to drop anyone from any fighting game at any time, we'll be stuck with her until the dawn of time.

yeah, the usual strings and set ups don't really work with her. she has a more technical feel to her game, since a lot of her counters just set people up for more attacks. Since it's hard to juggle or do a lot of easy damage with her, it makes her a bitch to use.

gotta love the glasses though!

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, the usual strings and set ups don't really work with her. she has a more technical feel to her game, since a lot of her counters just set people up for more attacks. Since it's hard to juggle or do a lot of easy damage with her, it makes her a bitch to use.

gotta love the glasses though![/QUOTE]

It's not that she's a bitch to use, she's just boring. She has no personality, nothing that makes her stand out from the rest of the crowd, her attack strings are boring.

She is just a horrible character design... so plain and well, boring.

At least Jann Lee knocks out dinosaurs... Lei Fang fights over fruit.

MKA_char_select_01.jpg

for some reason I thought there were more Mortal Kombat characters than that. hahaha is that an undead Liu Kang I see? :)

as for Tekken: DR. I like playing as Jack.

Over on the SC forums, there are actually people saying they prefer SC3 to SC1 and 2. WTF? How could anyone play SC1 and SC3 and say SC3 is better? The gameplay in SC3 is fucked, while the gameplay in SC1 is balanced.

God, I just really wished they would take SC3:AE's gameplay and release it along with all the extra stuff in SC3 as the Greatest Hits version of the game. Oh, and that fucking stupid difficultly curve that made the game impossible deep into any of the modes has to go as well.

[quote name='asianxcore']for some reason I thought there were more Mortal Kombat characters than that. hahaha is that an undead Liu Kang I see? :)
.[/QUOTE]

Yea, undead Liu Kang.

I REALLY hope they give us MK 2 versions of Liu Kang, Jax, and Reptile, as their current incarnations suck ass.

I FINALLY unlocked everything in DoA 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back