- - - - -

Just a heads up! Game Crazy classic plastic coming soon 3 FOR $10

#1 xrickyb86x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   921 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

xrickyb86x

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

I totally forgot to post this last week. Anyway, we got signage for the classic plastic sale but the new signage is "3 for $10" not $15 anymore. NO START DATE YET so bare with me until I (or someone else) gets the final info.

3 for $10 on all gb, gbc, nes, snes, n64, saturn, psone, and dreamcast games.

#2 tiredfornow   Banned Banned   35417 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

tiredfornow

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. finally can pick up those 25 dollar dreamcast games :/

#3 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5194 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

what is "classic plastic?"

#4 somahead33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

A little more information for us less informed people.? This sounds like it should be something I already know about.

#5 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

Normally:

GB
GBC
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
DC

Please correct if I'm wrong.

#6 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5194 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

Ahh. That makes sense. Thanks shrike.

#7 supershammy   Hand-rolled and ice cold. CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

supershammy

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

That is correct, good sir! GodDAMN I am stoked for this sale. Got some good stuff last time around, and taking off a third of the original price only sweetens the deal.

#8 PINKO   Banned Banned   1291 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

there just trying to make shelf room

#9 eshbums   Fueled by beer CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Time to stock up on Q-Tips and rubbing alcohol.

I love this friggin sale.

#10 onikage   鬼の影 CAGiversary!   4406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:47 PM

Someone told me about this last weekend and actually offered to save a few games for me until the sale starts.

#11 Rictor   I like big butts... CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:16 PM

3/$10, eh? Hopefully they've got some new stuff in the last couple months. Seems like the local stores still get a ton of N64 games traded into them, so that's probably your best bet for finding nice games. N64 is also the system I see most at garage sales these days...it's at that magic 10 year old mark where everyone starts tossing them because they've been collecting dust in their closet for 5 years. They're happy to go trade the system and a big stack of games into Gamecrazy and get a $20 PS2 game out of it.

On a side note, the Gamecrazy near me went out of business, unfortunately. They gave no warning and there was no going out of business sale or anything. I was in there a couple weeks ago to pick up some reduced games, then my wife drove past there the other day and told me the building is empty and there's a "for lease" sign on it. This is the second Game Crazy to go out in Indianapolis in the last year, which leaves 2 stores here. One is in a really crappy area and I doubt it will last much longer either, as it's pretty much the only thing still in business in that neighborhood. The other is in better area but never seems that busy, so we'll see what happens there.

#12 mrchainsaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:00 PM

I've never taken advantage of this sale in the past, but I'm definitely going to this time.

#13 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16520 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:07 PM

How anyone's store can have anything to make this sale exciting anymore blows my mind. The three stores around me were mediocre for the one in the summer of 05, and nothing new since then.

#14 Rictor   I like big butts... CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:25 PM

How anyone's store can have anything to make this sale exciting anymore blows my mind. The three stores around me were mediocre for the one in the summer of 05, and nothing new since then.

Well, there's something wrong there then, maybe the employees are hoarding stuff. Game Crazy is pretty much the only used video game chain in the country that still takes in PSX, DC, NES, SNES, GEN and other older games now. The ones around here get new stuff all the time, as people really have no other option than selling to them unless they have an Ebay account and want to sell the stuff online. Usually when I go in, I'll see a new stack of N64 or SNES games that were just traded in. They still get a lot of PSX games too. It probably helps that the nice empoyees at EB/Gamestop around here actually tell people to go to Game Crazy to trade in their PSX games and other old crap when they bring it in. Of course, maybe everyone in your town is unusually smart and sells their games online for top dollar. There's plenty of dumb people in this city that are willing to give their games to Game Crazy for 25 cents each.

#15 Sailorneorune   (laughs) CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Sailorneorune

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

The guys at the Evansville store DO hoard stuff... pricks.

/bitter

#16 xrickyb86x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   921 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

xrickyb86x

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:10 AM

hoarding games is stupid. you hoard games that you never buy, you're store never makes money, your store gets closed down.

#17 brianmoy   Brian the best I can. CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:25 AM

Hooray.

#18 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, the only store close to me is the Burlington store where they hoard like no other; those bastards.

#19 LXL_Guy   Oathkeeper CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:51 AM

Seems like an interesting deal...though I'll have to wait and see some sort of confirmation notice first. Although I do wonder if any of the GC in my neck of the woods even have anything of remote interest.

#20 crazyj   SoCal CAG! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:19 AM

yay!

The extra $5 seals the deal for me! Time to collect some great NES and N64 games.

Is Soul Calibur for the DC worth collecting?

#21 Pylis   Cheap Ass Super-Ninja CAGiversary!   1387 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:42 AM

I'll be hitting up the GameCrazy stores near me for this again, but the last few times I've hardly seen anything worth while. Unfortunately, it'll probably be the case this time, as well.

#22 WanganRunner   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   17 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

WanganRunner

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:06 PM

I can see my GB/GBC collection getting MUCH bigger as a result of this.

I hate buying disc-based games there.....no case/manual = no sale.

#23 lordxixor101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

lordxixor101

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

Wow, I really don't need any more games, but $3 for $10 is tough to say no too (I think i'm going to get to a point where I need to go a year without buying any games).

The one thing I'd love to get is FF IX. Honestly, I'd pay $10 for it buy itself, but the only time I see it, it's closer to $20 out the door. I haven't seen a FF game anytime my stores have had this sale, but I'll pop my head in when it starts.

#24 WhoKnowsWho   Insert Custom Title Here CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

WhoKnowsWho

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

I can see my GB/GBC collection getting MUCH bigger as a result of this.

I hate buying disc-based games there.....no case/manual = no sale.

Yeah, I don't like it either, but the cover projects that have been going on have made it more bearable. Some of the newly printed covers I have seen are nicer than the originals!

I spent a ton at the last 3/$15 sale as it was my first one and I got a lot of good N64 stuff. I'll be definately hitting this up again when it starts.

#25 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:05 PM

yay!

The extra $5 seals the deal for me! Time to collect some great NES and N64 games.

Is Soul Calibur for the DC worth collecting?

You have a Dreamcast and you don't own Soul Calibur?! That game still stands up better than SC2 & 3! It rocks. Thanks for the Sale info OP! I'm definately going to make the trek to GC when this sale starts!

#26 yoshidude81   It is not my CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

yoshidude81

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:13 PM

That is just because Ohio (and more precisely, Ohio's gamingness) is quite sucky. I'm sure it's better in non-sucky places.

#27 MightySlacker   RANCH! RANCH! RANCH! CAGiversary!   2542 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

MightySlacker

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

NE Ohio is decent. Last time I got some decent n64 stuff, pokemon gb games, and even a silent hill and a mario rpg.

One of my usual stores offered to hold stuff if I wanted, they got a Warsong for genny and even says he has a Legend of Mana, so there may be some hope.

Dave

#28 Snake2715   Gotta Have Your Toys... CAGiversary!   8551 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

Hmm I found a GC about 6 months ago that I never knew was around which makes it the only one around me within other than a 1 hour drive... So this I will keep my eyes out for... Hopefully next weekend there is a bunch more stuff traded in as the last batch of systems are released.

#29 yoshidude81   It is not my CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

yoshidude81

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

I'm from NE Ohio and I haven't seen anything good for years. I think the last really good find was Chrono Trigger for $30 at...umm..one of the companies that all merged with Gamestop awhile back. Don't remember which. I got Prince of Persia for SNES maybe a year ago, but that was like, by far the best thing I've seen in a long time.
Maybe you're just finding all of the good ones :p

#30 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8501 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

Starts Nov. 14th, ends Dec. 21st.

Other Game Crazy deals: http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=2350806