2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

I still think people are not registered what happened.

Two people made bombs, filled with nails and what not and put it them and amongst people watching a marathon, then set them off to cause mass injury and worse. In America.

This is your country and all you care about is a Saudi guy being tackled, or comparing it to other things across the world?

Seriously what has happened to people's mindsets. Bunch of self hating crap.

Since when is 'hey maybe we shouldn't racially profile' self hating?

Maybe if they didn't waste time profiling the Saudi dude who apparently didn't do anything related to this, they would've had more time to spend going after white cap and black cap.

As someone who took hell in school for being Muslim post 9/11, some of this thread is really disturbing to me. Still tells me we have a ways to go

[quote name='IRHari']Since when is 'hey maybe we shouldn't racially profile' self hating?

.[/QUOTE]

Get real, this whole thread is filled with comments, hating on America, or white people yet being sympathizers for anything other.

Maybe we should say, hey maybe we shouldn't be overreacting that people tackled a Saudi running from a bomb blast, rather than the usual stupid rhetoric of these white racist bastards. We must condemn them and express our outrage over and over rather than understand a simple obvious reason for it, that is not only logical but done by law enforcement and authorities also.

Maybe your the type to turn a blind eye, to try and act like everything is equal and current events do not dictate a slight adjustment in thinking.
But some people are not, and i happen to agree with them...so i don't take kindly to people insulting them.

[quote name='pyschonerd']I still think people are not registered what happened.

Two people made bombs, filled with nails and what not and put it them and amongst people watching a marathon, then set them off to cause mass injury and worse. In America.

This is your country and all you care about is a Saudi guy being tackled, or comparing it to other things across the world?

Seriously what has happened to people's mindsets. Bunch of self hating crap.[/QUOTE]

Ladies and gentlemen, textbook strawman. You were fucking wrong, take your lashings and admit it. You were wrong about most bombings in America being from guys with brown skin and you were wrong about who likely perpetrated this bombing. Don't ever take a job where you're tasked with making any kind of decision because those will all be wrong too.

You know what.

The reality is perhaps rather simple.

Brainwashed bandwagon hoppers who prefer and choose to pussyfoot around the truth than confront it.

I think a lot of people are straight up cowards. It's easy to make out you are a pure right minded person by attacking what you are, as that relinquishes all prejudice in some sort of bizarre barrier shield.

Tell me why some bozo who repeats complete moronic anti american rhetoric with fallacy after fallacy and one degenerate comparison after another gets a free pass.

Yet if i say something about muslims or arabs with complete logical conclusions as to why it's basic truth, there is some liberal alliance of united outpouring in disbelief.

Simple reason. Cowards. It's the current trend and liberal modern way to be self hating. I can bet for sure there are numerous liberals desperate for the bombers to be white Americans, purely so they can scream haha in your face you bigoted bastards.

When actually people's only thoughts should be that they catch whatever sick fucks did this.

You're asserting that racial profiling is what they should use to solve this, and similar cases. Racial profiling, while "playing the odds" is still a poor strategy for the simple fact that if your actual perpetrator isn't the expected ethnicity you're gonna miss them. If you spend all your time and resources looking for the wrong person you're just a poor investigator not someone intelligently playing the odds. The racism surrounding it is should also be offensive in a nation where we recognize that all men are created equal.

Cowardice? Please, let me know when you ever plan on making an actual coherent argument that isn't based on ad hom attacks or strawmen. You're terrible at VS., you should leave before you continue to embarrass yourself with your lack of intelligence or anything approaching an actual debate style.

[quote name='jputahraptor']The one in the white cap looks like a young Bill Ayers.[/QUOTE]

Not that I agree with Ayers in any way but I do believe his bombings never killed a person? Still a cowardly way to operate.

Looks like an unconfirmed photo of suspect number 2 was posted on facebook (looks like on Monday). Thought? I think it looks like the guy.

r-NEW-PHOTO-SUSPECT-2-BOSTON-large570.jpg

o-NEW-PHOTO-SUSPECT-2-570.jpg

Lets do a little cross thread commentary. Looks like the NRA and gun makers decided a long time ago to not allow taggants to be added to gun powder. Those taggants could have been used to help trace the gunpowder used in the Boston Bombing.

"In the past, the NRA has argued that taggants could affect the trajectory of bullets and would also be a de facto form of weapons registration, reported the Los Angeles Times in 1995."

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/04/17/how-the-gun-lobby-has-already-blocked-bostons-bombing-investigators/

Well this shithead should have his credentials revoked.

BOSTON -- Moments after the FBI revealed images of two baseball cap-wearing men wanted for questioning about the Boston bombings, the press conference descended into a sideshow.

A journalist from a far-right wing website called Info Wars shouted out a question accusing the government of carrying out the attack that killed three, and maimed or injured 170 others.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard Deslauriers ignored the allegation of a government conspiracy from reporter Daniel Bidondi, but the Alex Jones protege did not stop hollering.

"The FBI lies," Bidondi said. "We've got the proof," he said accusing the government of a "false flag" attack in which it staged the blasts and made them appear like the work of terrorists.

Bidondi found himself at the center of an media scrum with cameras and microphones pointed at his face after law enforcement officials left the podium in the Sheraton hotel.

Another reporter ridiculed Bidondi from across the room, telling him to shut up and calling him an asshole.

The excitement quickly dissipated as reporters returned to delivering the news about the official images of the suspects.

Bidondi has been a presence at other press conferences this week related to the bombing investigation.

o-INFO-WARS-570.jpg

[quote name='cancerman1120']Suspect in stolen police van (might not be true) chased to Watertown. Gunfight ensues and explosives were detonated. Two people are now in custody. I hope they got these two.

One suspect was hit multiple times by gunfire.

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon[/QUOTE]
WHDH is saying tonight's event is related to the boston bombing suspects. One of them is dead and police is still looking for the other one.

Not too drag on this particular angle on the incident. BUT....

Although these guys are not arabs if i saw

_67111777_newphoto.jpg

Come next to me and leave a huge bag(any type of bag really) and walk off, i would be moving well fucking away from that bag, and keeping an eye on this guy.

Now if you wouldn't that your choice.

I love how in this thread the theme of holding to not "racial profiling" as a principle is honorable and just, despite the facts, while in the gun control thread, holding to the "shall not be infringed" belief in the 2nd Amendment as a principle is ridiculed and belittled. I guess you guys really believe that you can have it both ways...

[quote name='pyschonerd']Not too drag on this particular angle on the incident. BUT....

Although these guys are not arabs if i saw

_67111777_newphoto.jpg

Come next to me and leave a huge bag(any type of bag really) and walk off, i would be moving well fucking away from that bag, and keeping an eye on this guy.

Now if you wouldn't that your choice.[/QUOTE]
I guess that anyone that isn't pasty white is reason for suspicion, eh? I wonder what the fuck that sounds like. A little introspection would do yo fuckloads of good.

[quote name='egofed']I love how in this thread the theme of holding to not "racial profiling" as a principle is honorable and just, despite the facts, while in the gun control thread, holding to the "shall not be infringed" belief in the 2nd Amendment as a principle is ridiculed and belittled. I guess you guys really believe that you can have it both ways...[/QUOTE]
People that promote racial profiling are generally those that would never ever have to deal with being victim to it in any meaningful way. Funny how that works.

He looks like a younger version of one of my friends. I'd peg him as Italian or sicilian before I'd guess he was from Chechnya

Edit: changed an to as and his to him. Hate posting on my phone.

Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev posted links to Islamic websites and others calling for Chechen independence on what appears to be his page on a Russian language social networking site. Abusive comments in Russian and English were flooding onto Tsarnaev's page on VK, a Russian-language social media site, on Friday after he was identified as a suspect in the bombing of the Boston marathon.
Police launched a massive manhunt for Tsarnaev, 19, after killing his older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev in a shootout overnight.
On the site, the younger Tsarnaev identifies himself as a 2011 graduate of Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, a public school in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
It says he went to primary school in Makhachkala, capital of Dagestan, a province in Russia that borders Chechnya, and lists his languages as English, Russian and Chechen.
His "World view" is listed as "Islam" and his "Personal priority" is "career and money".
He has posted links to videos of fighters in the Syrian civil war and to Islamic web pages with titles like "Salamworld, my religion is Islam" and "There is no God but Allah, let that ring out in our hearts".
He also has links to pages calling for independence for Chechnya, a region of Russia that lost its bid for secession after two wars in the 1990s.
The page also reveals a sense of humor, around his identity as a member of a minority from southern Russia's restive Caucasus, which includes Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia and other predominately Muslim regions that have seen two decades of unrest since the fall of the Soviet Union.
A video labeled "tormenting my brother" shows a man resembling his dead brother Tamerlan laughing and imitating the accents of different Caucasian ethnic groups.
He has posted his own joke: "A car goes by with a Chechen, a Dagestani and an Ingush inside. Question: who is driving?"
The answer: the police.
Elsewhere on the Internet, a photo essay entitled "Will box for passport" shows the older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev practicing boxing at a gym. The captions identify him as a Chechen heavyweight boxer, in the United States for five years.
"I don't have a single American friend," one caption quotes him as saying. "I don't understand them."

I guess he should have came on CAG, Finger_Shocker & him would have had an instant connection

[quote name='perdition(troy']He looks like a younger version of one of my friends. I'd peg his an Italian or sicilian before I'd guess he was from Chechnya[/QUOTE]

...Italian, Brazilian, Portuguese, or any variety of white with a bit of a olive complexion. Assuming the worst of someone because they don't look like Whitey McWhite and have a big backpack is sheer lunacy. Shit, even Al Pacino wouldn't pass some people's paper bag test here.

Thats hilarious, the same ones who were saying if they saw a Muslim like person next to a white or black, they would lean toward the white or black now have retracted their statement to say if they saw anyone leave a bag they would be more suspicious....LOL

Actually not only was a Saudi guy tackled, the NY POST also posted pictures of a 17 yr old high school student they first mistaken as a possible terrorist.

Seems like America has a take no prisoner attitude all of a sudden, wonder when Obama will sent the unmanned drones into MA airspace to kill the other guy...

[quote name='GBAstar']We all can't be "citizens of the world" like you and Benjamin Franklin.

Yeah because all the blame for the turmoil halfway across the world can be placed squarely at the feet of our government. You sound like you're one degree away from calling me an infidel.[/QUOTE]

GBA,
Do you know ANYTHING about US foreign policy?!?!???? Or do you enjoy ignorance of YOUR OWN government's history? WTF

[quote name='Knoell']Nope, clear minded people decided to start a witch hunt on him.

A bunch of confused and emotional wrecks deciding to hold a guy until police can talk to him.

I can see where you would think the latter is worse. :roll:

Let me ask you:
A store gets robbed and police are investigating, and find that witnesses say that a white male was wandering around the area at the time of the robbery.

Police find and question the white male.

Seems perfectly reasonable.

Ok so now:
A store gets robbed and police are investigating, and find that witnesses say that a black male was wandering around the area at the time of the robbery.

Police find and question the black male.

Seems perfectly racist. Amiright?[/QUOTE]

I second the sentiment that your comprehension is way off. And your critical thinking abilities. "Everyone is running! So, let's tackle the brownie!!!" Admit you are a fuckING SCUMBAG RACIST PUSSY. PLEASE. ADMIT IT WITH PRIDE you pussy who can't say what they believe. A scared pussy racist, that's one thing I respect less than an outspoken racist.

Let's also keep in mind that this IS NOT the first terror attack since 9/11 as some people and the media frame it.

Let's pull the other terrorist attacks out of the memory hole which happen to be committed by non-Muslims... which ones, the redneck conservatives might ask? Well, there's the Sikh temple shooting, CT, how about the MANY mosque bombings, shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and others, the shooting of a liberal church by a conservative, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The uncle's press conference with reporters was amazing. Every single answer was perfect and delivered with the kind of passion not usually seen in these Q&A sessions. I think he was sincere and honest and said what needed to be said.

Then again, he was probably speaking at his normal volume!

[quote name='joeboosauce']Let's also keep in mind that this IS NOT the first terror attack since 9/11 as some people and the media frame it.

Let's pull the other terrorist attacks out of the memory hole which happen to be committed by non-Muslims... which ones, the redneck conservatives might ask? Well, there's the Sikh temple shooting, CT, how about the MANY mosque bombings, shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and others, the shooting of a liberal church by a conservative, etc, etc, etc, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried to make that point but no one on the other side seems to understand the point being made which is that even if you're involved in a terrorist attack (which is a pretty small percentage in the first place), it's most likely to be someone other than a person with brown skin. Of course that's met with "why are we discussing this, we should be focusing on catching the one's responsible."

It's pretty pathetic really... People will look for any reason to justify their racism and bigotry.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ladies and gentlemen, textbook strawman. You were fucking wrong, take your lashings and admit it. You were wrong about most bombings in America being from guys with brown skin and you were wrong about who likely perpetrated this bombing. Don't ever take a job where you're tasked with making any kind of decision because those will all be wrong too.[/QUOTE]

HAA HAA HAA! FTW! Dude, this pscho cock dribbler is truly the worst American I have ever seen on CAG. I have already dismissed anything he says. I suppose it would make sense just to block him, but I'm enjoying watching other people rebut his dipshittery so easily.

Someone please insert the Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif.

[quote name='Spokker']
Then again, he was probably speaking at his normal volume![/QUOTE]

Adam Sandler in "You don't mess with the Zohan"?

[quote name='berzirk']HAA HAA HAA! FTW! Dude, this pscho cock dribbler is truly the worst American I have ever seen on CAG. I have already dismissed anything he says. I suppose it would make sense just to block him, but I'm enjoying watching other people rebut his dipshittery so easily.

Someone please insert the Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's just about ready to enter my block list as well. Like I said earlier, the guy's entire debating repertoire consists of ad hom attacks and straw man arguments. He's little more than another one of the conservative talk show parrots that has no idea how to construct his own argument or defend his positions.

The 2 options are that he is truly just trolling the VS board and he knows it, or he really is this dumb. In either situation, I'm quickly running out of any reason to interact with him.

[quote name='dohdough']He's an alt of granturismo, whom I suspect to be an alt of a previously banned CAG.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember granturismo getting all that involved in Vs though. Maybe he was bigger in the threads that I wasn't as interested in. Like Red says, if he's not a troll, whoa. I didn't think people who knew how to use the computer could be so poorly informed, but this thread is bringing them out.

[quote name='berzirk']I don't remember granturismo getting all that involved in Vs though. Maybe he was bigger in the threads that I wasn't as interested in. Like Red says, if he's not a troll, whoa. I didn't think people who knew how to use the computer could be so poorly informed, but this thread is bringing them out.[/QUOTE]

He was fucking around on vs. for a few weeks and then psychonerd appeared when he left while espousing similar rhetoric. The thing that blew their cover was this post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10640879&postcount=36

granturismo made the exact same type of post against me, but deleted it, which is something that another banned CAG used to do.

Love the white privilege baby!!! LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a great article from Time Wise who spurred the above image:
Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

As the nation weeps for the victims of the horrific bombing in Boston yesterday, one searches for lessons amid the carnage, and finds few. That violence is unacceptable stands out as one, sure. That hatred — for humanity, for life, or whatever else might have animated the bomber or bombers — is never the source of constructive human action seems like a reasonably close second.

But I dare say there is more; a much less obvious and far more uncomfortable lesson, which many are loathe to learn, but which an event such as this makes readily apparent, and which we must acknowledge, no matter how painful.

It is a lesson about race, about whiteness, and specifically, about white privilege.
I know you don’t want to hear it. But I don’t much care. So here goes.

White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.

White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.

White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols and Ted Kaczynski and Eric Rudolph and Joe Stack and George Metesky and Byron De La Beckwith and Bobby Frank Cherry and Thomas Blanton and Herman Frank Cash and Robert Chambliss and James von Brunn and Robert Mathews and David Lane and Michael F. Griffin and Paul Hill and John Salvi and James Kopp and Luke Helder and James David Adkisson and Scott Roeder and Shelley Shannon and Dennis Mahon and Wade Michael Page and Byron Williams and Kevin Harpham and William Krar and Judith Bruey and Edward Feltus and Raymond Kirk Dillard and Adam Lynn Cunningham and Bonnell Hughes and Randall Garrett Cole and James Ray McElroy and Michael Gorbey and Daniel Cowart and Paul Schlesselman and Frederick Thomas and Paul Ross Evans and Matt Goldsby and Jimmy Simmons and Kathy Simmons and Kaye Wiggins and Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe and David McMenemy and Bobby Joe Rogers and Francis Grady and Demetrius Van Crocker and Floyd Raymond Looker and Derek Mathew Shrout, among the pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize and kill, but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular.

And white privilege is being able to know nothing about the crimes committed by most of the terrorists listed above — indeed, never to have so much as heard most of their names — let alone to make assumptions about the role that their racial or ethnic identity may have played in their crimes.

White privilege is knowing that if the Boston bomber turns out to be white, we will not be asked to denounce him or her, so as to prove our own loyalties to the common national good. It is knowing that the next time a cop sees one of us standing on the sidewalk cheering on runners in a marathon, that cop will say exactly nothing to us as a result.

White privilege is knowing that if you are a white student from Nebraska — as opposed to, say, a student from Saudi Arabia — that no one, and I mean no one would think it important to detain and question you in the wake of a bombing such as the one at the Boston Marathon.

And white privilege is knowing that if this bomber turns out to be white, the United States government will not bomb whatever corn field or mountain town or stale suburb from which said bomber came, just to ensure that others like him or her don’t get any ideas. And if he turns out to be a member of the Irish Republican Army we won’t bomb Belfast. And if he’s an Italian American Catholic we won’t bomb the Vatican.

In short, white privilege is the thing that allows you (if you’re white) — and me — to view tragic events like this as merely horrific, and from the perspective of pure and innocent victims, rather than having to wonder, and to look over one’s shoulder, and to ask even if only in hushed tones, whether those we pass on the street might think that somehow we were involved.

It is the source of our unearned innocence and the cause of others’ unjustified oppression.

That is all. And it matters.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ deflect some more.

Edit: and try to do it in just one post instead of three or four in rapid succession[/QUOTE]

So says the master of deflection. So answer the PREVIOUS question:
GBA,
Do you know ANYTHING about US foreign policy?!?!???? Or do you enjoy ignorance of YOUR OWN government's history?

[quote name='joeboosauce']So says the master of deflection. So answer the PREVIOUS question:[/QUOTE]

Do you know ANYTHING about US foreign policy?!?!???? Or do you enjoy ignorance of YOUR OWN government's history

By asking that are you in some sick way trying to justify acts such as these?

Because Puritans used to do sick things like hand out small pox blankets it makes it okay or in terms you could understand "less bad" for a different religion to recruit kids as suicide bombers?

Because our foreign policy has put our country in a negative light it is okay for others to commit acts of terrorism on our soil?

What our government did, does or will do does not make acts such as these any less fucked up and it does not make those who commit these acts any less fucked up.

[quote name='GBAstar']By asking that are you in some sick way trying to justify acts such as these?

Because Puritans used to do sick things like hand out small pox blankets it makes it okay or in terms you could understand "less bad" for a different religion to recruit kids as suicide bombers?

Because our foreign policy has put our country in a negative light it is okay for others to commit acts of terrorism on our soil?

What our government did, does or will do does not make acts such as these any less fucked up and it does not make those who commit these acts any less fucked up.[/QUOTE]

AGAIN, you are avoiding the question. If you know nothing of it, then just be a grown up and admit it. It's no wonder you are inferring the nonsense you just posted.

[quote name='joeboosauce']AGAIN, you are avoiding the question. If you know nothing of it, then just be a grown up and admit it. It's no wonder you are inferring the nonsense you just posted.[/QUOTE]

How can I quantitatively explain my understanding of U.S. Foreign Policy?

What you are asking is fucking stupid. Yes I have an understanding, not a great one, as it doesn't truly interest me...

...but I have enough of a "LIFE UNDERSTANDING" to know that our foreign policy has nothing to do with these acts, unless you are one who thinks our actions in other countries justifies this type of behavior.

Is that what you think?

[quote name='GBAstar']How can I quantitatively explain my understanding of U.S. Foreign Policy?[/quote]
Well, you could say...

What you are asking is fucking stupid. Yes I have an understanding, not a great one, as it doesn't truly interest me...
Oh, so you admit that you don't really know shit. Yet, you feel that your ignorance qualifies you to be taken seriously when you make strong assertions based on...well...ignorance.

...but I have enough of a "LIFE UNDERSTANDING" to know that our foreign policy has nothing to do with these acts, unless you are one who thinks our actions in other countries justifies this type of behavior.

Is that what you think?
Protip: No one is saying that any of those acts are ok, but in order to mitigate them, we must look at what's causing them. Most people generally don't suddenly decide to kill people for the fuck of it. HTH.

Aren't you in bio-engineering? You should fucking know better than "life understanding.":roll:

This entire topic is fucking stupid. How can there be controversy in a bombing. Why do you people always fall back on racism and religious prejudice in every topic. This entire sub section is like the retard uncle I have that brings up politics and god at every family get together.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Love the white privilege baby!!! LOL

As the nation weeps for the victims of the horrific bombing in Boston yesterday, one searches for lessons amid the carnage, and finds few. That violence is unacceptable stands out as one, sure. That hatred — for humanity, for life, or whatever else might have animated the bomber or bombers — is never the source of constructive human action seems like a reasonably close second.

But I dare say there is more; a much less obvious and far more uncomfortable lesson, which many are loathe to learn, but which an event such as this makes readily apparent, and which we must acknowledge, no matter how painful.

It is a lesson about race, about whiteness, and specifically, about white privilege.

White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.

White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.

White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols and Ted Kaczynski and Eric Rudolph and Joe Stack and George Metesky and Byron De La Beckwith and Bobby Frank Cherry and Thomas Blanton and Herman Frank Cash and Robert Chambliss and James von Brunn and Robert Mathews and David Lane and Michael F. Griffin and Paul Hill and John Salvi and James Kopp and Luke Helder and James David Adkisson and Scott Roeder and Shelley Shannon and Dennis Mahon and Wade Michael Page and Byron Williams and Kevin Harpham and William Krar and Judith Bruey and Edward Feltus and Raymond Kirk Dillard and Adam Lynn Cunningham and Bonnell Hughes and Randall Garrett Cole and James Ray McElroy and Michael Gorbey and Daniel Cowart and Paul Schlesselman and Frederick Thomas and Paul Ross Evans and Matt Goldsby and Jimmy Simmons and Kathy Simmons and Kaye Wiggins and Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe and David McMenemy and Bobby Joe Rogers and Francis Grady and Demetrius Van Crocker and Floyd Raymond Looker and Derek Mathew Shrout, among the pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize and kill, but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular.

And white privilege is being able to know nothing about the crimes committed by most of the terrorists listed above — indeed, never to have so much as heard most of their names — let alone to make assumptions about the role that their racial or ethnic identity may have played in their crimes.

White privilege is knowing that if the Boston bomber turns out to be white, we will not be asked to denounce him or her, so as to prove our own loyalties to the common national good. It is knowing that the next time a cop sees one of us standing on the sidewalk cheering on runners in a marathon, that cop will say exactly nothing to us as a result.

White privilege is knowing that if you are a white student from Nebraska — as opposed to, say, a student from Saudi Arabia — that no one, and I mean no one would think it important to detain and question you in the wake of a bombing such as the one at the Boston Marathon.

And white privilege is knowing that if this bomber turns out to be white, the United States government will not bomb whatever corn field or mountain town or stale suburb from which said bomber came, just to ensure that others like him or her don’t get any ideas. And if he turns out to be a member of the Irish Republican Army we won’t bomb Belfast. And if he’s an Italian American Catholic we won’t bomb the Vatican.

In short, white privilege is the thing that allows you (if you’re white) — and me — to view tragic events like this as merely horrific, and from the perspective of pure and innocent victims, rather than having to wonder, and to look over one’s shoulder, and to ask even if only in hushed tones, whether those we pass on the street might think that somehow we were involved.

It is the source of our unearned innocence and the cause of others’ unjustified oppression.

That is all. And it matters.[/QUOTE]

Does white privilege exist in an Arab world to? Is there any kind of privilege in any other country for any people of non white decent in countries dominated by a race other than white? Say if it was a marathon in an Middle Eastern country, with 95% or more people being of Middle Eastern decent. Then there is a bombing, and a white person was seen fleeing the scene, would SOME of the people their pursue that white person, because after all you seem to generalize all white people as tackling this guy when it was probably just a couple people. Would a white person not be profiled their, would the people of any country which has one race dominant that country, whether it's a Latin American country, an African village, or a Russian or Asian town or country not be inclined to view outsiders as suspicious?

Then again you realize that in the Middle East that bombing occur daily there, by people born and raised in that country, done to their own neighbors, including strapping bombs to themselves, and planting bombs in crowded marketplaces. Then you realize that people from there hate the US, and have plotted such terrorists attacks such as 9/11, of which all 19 of them were of Middle Eastern decent, the Fort Hood shooting, TImes Square bomber, Shoe Bomber, and it goes back further than the last 10 years, the first WTC attack. It happens in England to, with 4 more Middle Eastern immigrants plotting to pack a toy car full of explosives. In the end, we know that most of the terror attacks, such as it appears that these brothers claimed to be Muslim in spite of looking white, occur by Al-Queda or whatever subset of them and they are mostly Middle Eastern in origin. THey hate us, they want to kill us, and we can either be so PC that we just let it happen or if we see suspicious activity we can at least be vigilant.

Nobody is denying that white people have used bombs as well, but get your head out of your ass with the race crap, we know class acts like the Weather Underground were composed of trust fund marxists whiteys. In a post 9/11 world however, where even little old ladies get body checked at airports, a certain amount of profiling is going to occur.

It's less a race issue and more like a there's people trying to kill us issue, and whatever they end up looking like they will be found and prosecuted regardless of race or religiion.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Love the white privilege baby!!! LOL

That is all. And it matters.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHHEHEHEHEHHE...this crap is priceless, bud, please keep posting....:applause:whooooo...the fact that approximately 70% of the US is white makes racial profiling of whites a little difficult, right? And do you truly believe that the majority of white guys hold an entire race or religion responsible for the actions of a few select idiots? Whew, sorry, I gotta get back to my "privileged" life of a 52 hour work week of taxiing mofo's with multiple kids and no job to the ER for toothaches and hemorrhoids. Thank you God for making my ass WHITE!!!:roll:

You cant reason with some people ego. There's a common liberal phenomenon of self hating being a proud thing to do. It has little to do with being white anyway, numerous black people view arabs and these incidents in the same way. Hell im sure many indians do as well

But it's important to stick to the truth even if there's a dozen lines, labels and what not attempted to be an obstacle in being truthful or saying what you think. If people want to be cowards so be it.

The uncle's interview was pretty good. Incidents like these shouldn't be divisive, but seriously some people need to wise the fuck up. This whole racial barrier is not necessary.
Check this story about London plotters http://news.yahoo.com/4-uk-men-jailed-toy-car-terror-plot-121629664.html Again a very similar looking type of wannabe attackers.
It's not racial profiling in a negative sense, it's profiling most likely to commit such a thing.
I remember reading awhile back al qaeda were looking for white americans to join them or commit attacks, as they would be less suspicious and it was difficult for arabs to go undetected....isn't that a success in this profiling? That people are naturally suspicious of a certain type of person the extra cautious or alertness can prevent and maybe has attacks or incidents?
Or should we bury our heads in the sand just to prove we're pure and not prejudice in anyway despite possible ramifications in doing that?
I think the truth is more important.

No the news tell everyone that everyone is cooperating with the police and are very happy having their stuff searched, and their whole town locked down.

Don't you know looking for a 19 yr old kid, means you have to close down a entire state ..

Oh I see the future police state... Alex Jones maybe wacked out but he is right when it comes to where our rights and freedoms are headed

bread's done
Back