2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

[quote name='pyschonerd']You cant reason with some people ego. There's a common liberal phenomenon of self hating being a proud thing to do. It has little to do with being white anyway, numerous black people view arabs and these incidents in the same way. Hell im sure many indians do as well

But it's important to stick to the truth even if there's a dozen lines, labels and what not attempted to be an obstacle in being truthful or saying what you think. If people want to be cowards so be it.

The uncle's interview was pretty good. Incidents like these shouldn't be divisive, but seriously some people need to wise the fuck up. This whole racial barrier is not necessary.
Check this story about London plotters http://news.yahoo.com/4-uk-men-jailed-toy-car-terror-plot-121629664.html Again a very similar looking type of wannabe attackers.
It's not racial profiling in a negative sense, it's profiling most likely to commit such a thing.
I remember reading awhile back al qaeda were looking for white americans to join them or commit attacks, as they would be less suspicious and it was difficult for arabs to go undetected....isn't that a success in this profiling? That people are naturally suspicious of a certain type of person the extra cautious or alertness can prevent and maybe has attacks or incidents?
Or should we bury our heads in the sand just to prove we're pure and not prejudice in anyway despite possible ramifications in doing that?
I think the truth is more important.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if we consider the facts, if there is a race and religion that is connected to terrorism to the nth degree: white and Christian. So, don't give me that racist bullshit your view the ROTW (rest of the world) through.

WHO has committed the most overthrows of democratically elected governments?
WHO has constantly sent in its agents to subvert governments to achieve their political aims despite it being against the interests of the population?
WHO has invaded the most nations slaughtering more civilians than any fringe terrorist non-state actor could dream of?
WHO has supported groups to commit acts of terror against civilian populations, beautiful things such as gutting pregnant women?
WHO has trained the most human rights abusers in the world in such democratic methods such as torture?
WHO has attempted and successfully assassinated the most leaders?
WHO sells the most arms in the world especially to militias fueling civil war and conflict?
WHO is the only state convicted of international terrorism by the World Court?

Suggestions:
1. You look up the definition of terrorism
2. You understand it.
3. You look up who has done the above.

So, if you want to do racial profiling, what are the skin color and religion of the people of this government who hold the above honors? You want to profile then profile RIGHT!

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']No the news tell everyone that everyone is cooperating with the police and are very happy having their stuff searched, and their whole town locked down.

Don't you know looking for a 19 yr old kid, means you have to close down a entire state ..

Oh I see the future police state... Alex Jones maybe wacked out but he is right when it comes to where our rights and freedoms are headed[/QUOTE]
Ummm...context matters, man. People have been killed and it can reasonably concluded that this kid is armed and dangerous. Now personally, I find it interesting that they didn't kill the carjacking victim, but I don't think that anyone wants to be the next victim.

[quote name='dohdough']Well, you could say...

Oh, so you admit that you don't really know shit. Yet, you feel that your ignorance qualifies you to be taken seriously when you make strong assertions based on...well...ignorance.

Protip: No one is saying that any of those acts are ok, but in order to mitigate them, we must look at what's causing them. Most people generally don't suddenly decide to kill people for the fuck of it. HTH.

Aren't you in bio-engineering? You should fucking know better than "life understanding.":roll:[/QUOTE]

Bingo. The kid has no fucking world vision at all. Doesn't understand the history of US foreign policy, can't admit that the US has royally fucked some things up, both intentionally and accidentally, but rather he thinks if anyone wants to do us harm, it's entirely meritless, and one of the unknowns of the world.

I really wonder where some of these people live, if they were some weird closeted homeschool kid who never got to read a history book because Noah's Ark wasn't in it. It's just puzzling...and as an American, frustrating, that people can be brought up in our educational system with such a lack of curiosity, that they wouldn't question any past events, want to know more about them, or care to know what's happening outside of their own backyard.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Does white privilege exist in an Arab world to? Is there any kind of privilege in any other country for any people of non white decent in countries dominated by a race other than white? Say if it was a marathon in an Middle Eastern country, with 95% or more people being of Middle Eastern decent. Then there is a bombing, and a white person was seen fleeing the scene, would SOME of the people their pursue that white person, because after all you seem to generalize all white people as tackling this guy when it was probably just a couple people. Would a white person not be profiled their, would the people of any country which has one race dominant that country, whether it's a Latin American country, an African village, or a Russian or Asian town or country not be inclined to view outsiders as suspicious?

Then again you realize that in the Middle East that bombing occur daily there, by people born and raised in that country, done to their own neighbors, including strapping bombs to themselves, and planting bombs in crowded marketplaces. Then you realize that people from there hate the US, and have plotted such terrorists attacks such as 9/11, of which all 19 of them were of Middle Eastern decent, the Fort Hood shooting, TImes Square bomber, Shoe Bomber, and it goes back further than the last 10 years, the first WTC attack. It happens in England to, with 4 more Middle Eastern immigrants plotting to pack a toy car full of explosives. In the end, we know that most of the terror attacks, such as it appears that these brothers claimed to be Muslim in spite of looking white, occur by Al-Queda or whatever subset of them and they are mostly Middle Eastern in origin. THey hate us, they want to kill us, and we can either be so PC that we just let it happen or if we see suspicious activity we can at least be vigilant.

Nobody is denying that white people have used bombs as well, but get your head out of your ass with the race crap, we know class acts like the Weather Underground were composed of trust fund marxists whiteys. In a post 9/11 world however, where even little old ladies get body checked at airports, a certain amount of profiling is going to occur.

It's less a race issue and more like a there's people trying to kill us issue, and whatever they end up looking like they will be found and prosecuted regardless of race or religiion.[/QUOTE]

You should heed the ancient wisdom of "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me."
"Does white privilege exist in an Arab world to?" You assume the rest of the world is like the US... or rather your skewed ideas of the US. Are you in your teens with that stupid speculative scenario?

"THey hate us, they want to kill us, and we can either be so PC that we just let it happen or if we see suspicious activity we can at least be vigilant." Again, you ASS-ume they hate this, hate that, hate, hate, hate for no good reason or likely because 'MERICA!!!!! YEE HAWWWWW!!!! You ever think there is a reason why? Besides they pop out of the womb crying "DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!!" Ever consider that it is politically motivated? You too need to read up on the definition of terrorism. The part of political motivation.

[quote name='berzirk']Bingo. The kid has no fucking world vision at all. Doesn't understand the history of US foreign policy, can't admit that the US has royally fucked some things up, both intentionally and accidentally, but rather he thinks if anyone wants to do us harm, it's entirely meritless, and one of the unknowns of the world.

I really wonder where some of these people live, if they were some weird closeted homeschool kid who never got to read a history book because Noah's Ark wasn't in it. It's just puzzling...and as an American, frustrating, that people can be brought up in our educational system with such a lack of curiosity, that they wouldn't question any past events, want to know more about them, or care to know what's happening outside of their own backyard.[/QUOTE]

Translation:

I'm muslim. We don't believe in violence.

But when it happens---it's because of U.S. foreign policy.

Is U.S. foreign policy to blame for the attacks predicated by Muslims that occur in other nations or within their own Islamic states?

Let's say that this was an religious based attack---is it odd for me to have a hard time understanding why a child, that was granted not just access to the U.S. but amnesty would commit such a horrific act against this country?

[quote name='joeboosauce']You should heed the ancient wisdom of "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me."
"Does white privilege exist in an Arab world to?" You assume the rest of the world is like the US... or rather your skewed ideas of the US. Are you in your teens with that stupid speculative scenario?

"THey hate us, they want to kill us, and we can either be so PC that we just let it happen or if we see suspicious activity we can at least be vigilant." Again, you ASS-ume they hate this, hate that, hate, hate, hate for no good reason or likely because 'MERICA!!!!! YEE HAWWWWW!!!! You ever think there is a reason why? Besides they pop out of the womb crying "DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!!" Ever consider that it is politically motivated? You too need to read up on the definition of terrorism. The part of political motivation.[/QUOTE]

Much of the hate is instilled a very young age. Are you trying to say it isn't?

They also dislike our freedoms and liberties.. are you trying to say they don't?

It's easy to say "foreign policy" but as it has been pointed out their have been attacks prior to September 11th and attacks against other countries too. But is our foreign policy that is to blame for their domestic acts of terrorism... against themselves?

[quote name='GBAstar']^ you're the same idiot who described the newton shooting as an act of "terrorism".[/QUOTE]

Really, it's not terrorism? Why then? Is it because of race of the perpetrator?

Again, you speak on things you know nothing about. At least you admit it. Now, with that admission go and reflect on why people who know nothing should not be so confident in their ill-informed opinions.

Now, no one should be ill-informed on what their gov't does, especially a so-called citizen of a democracy. So, here, your welcome. There are many books on US foriegn policy. William Blum has written excellent ones. Killing Hope is an expertly researched book citing numerous gov't documents, mainstream press, etc. You can even read a few chapters here:
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/William_Blum.html

Also read his book Rogue State. Free intro here:
http://williamblum.org/books/rogue-state

If you got the book, the chapter "Why do terrorists keep picking on the United States?" will prove illuminating.

[quote name='GBAstar']Much of the hate is instilled a very young age. Are you trying to say it isn't?

They also dislike our freedoms and liberties.. are you trying to say they don't?

It's easy to say "foreign policy" but as it has been pointed out their have been attacks prior to September 11th and attacks against other countries too. But is our foreign policy that is to blame for their domestic acts of terrorism... against themselves?[/QUOTE]

Haha! Thanks for the laugh. :applause: "They also dislike our freedoms and liberties.. are you trying to say they don't?" Throw in a "'Merica" while you're at it! Sorry, but that is the most uneducated thing I think I've seen here. REALLY? You believe that? I'm curious now. Why do you believe that? Based on what? That they attack us because they are jealous of us? Not because we have been overthrowing their elected governments since the 50s?

[quote name='joeboosauce']Really, it's not terrorism? Why then? Is it because of race of the perpetrator?

Again, you speak on things you know nothing about. At least you admit it. Now, with that admission go and reflect on why people who know nothing should not be so confident in their ill-informed opinions.

Now, no one should be ill-informed on what their gov't does, especially a so-called citizen of a democracy. So, here, your welcome. There are many books on US foriegn policy. William Blum has written excellent ones. Killing Hope is an expertly researched book citing numerous gov't documents, mainstream press, etc. You can even read a few chapters here:
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/William_Blum.html

Also read his book Rogue State. Free intro here:
http://williamblum.org/books/rogue-state

If you got the book, the chapter "Why do terrorists keep picking on the United States?" will prove illuminating.[/QUOTE]

It's not terrorism because it doesn't fit the definition of terrorism. It has nothing to do with someones skin color.

You do understand that right?

Terrorism - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

[quote name='joeboosauce']Actually, if we consider the facts, if there is a race and religion that is connected to terrorism to the nth degree: white and Christian. So, don't give me that racist bullshit your view the ROTW (rest of the world) through.

WHO has committed the most overthrows of democratically elected governments?
WHO has constantly sent in its agents to subvert governments to achieve their political aims despite it being against the interests of the population?
WHO has invaded the most nations slaughtering more civilians than any fringe terrorist non-state actor could dream of?
WHO has supported groups to commit acts of terror against civilian populations, beautiful things such as gutting pregnant women?
WHO has trained the most human rights abusers in the world in such democratic methods such as torture?
WHO has attempted and successfully assassinated the most leaders?
WHO sells the most arms in the world especially to militias fueling civil war and conflict?
WHO is the only state convicted of international terrorism by the World Court?

Suggestions:
1. You look up the definition of terrorism
2. You understand it.
3. You look up who has done the above.

So, if you want to do racial profiling, what are the skin color and religion of the people of this government who hold the above honors? You want to profile then profile RIGHT![/QUOTE]

None of those are in league with Christian ideas. I would love to know specific white Christians associated with all of them because I already named several people involved in terrorists attacks who killed in the name of Islam, and since literally thousands are killed abroad every month in terror attacks again in the name of Islam, so I will anxiously wait for those who you didn't mention that killed in the name of the pope or church or the like. If you don't give several examples of each of known evil white Christians who kill expressly for terror purposes in the name of their Christian God I will have to call you out for being full of shit.

It sounds more like you mistake government for evil white Christians even though not all whites are Christian and even people who do don't actually practice or follow Christian ideals like helping the poor and doing good. It's Obama doing the drone strikes, not the Vatican.

I think we can also agree that people that kill in the name of Islam are just as misguided I'm sure as the people that kill in the name of the pope that you are going to name. Neither religion preaches this, there are people who want to kill and hate others regardless, they just want their virgins perhaps and they think its the best way to get them. I think you need counseling to help you with your white issues and your hatred for religions including Christianity. If you really hate all the things the government does, feel free to leave the country as well.

[quote name='GBAstar']Translation:

I'm muslim. We don't believe in violence.

But when it happens---it's because of U.S. foreign policy.

Is U.S. foreign policy to blame for the attacks predicated by Muslims that occur in other nations or within their own Islamic states?

Let's say that this was an religious based attack---is it odd for me to have a hard time understanding why a child, that was granted not just access to the U.S. but amnesty would commit such a horrific act against this country?[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are such a fucking moron, it's painful. There are like, 2-3 people on here that I can't contain personal attacks against. I really try, I just can't.

Muslims believe in an eye for an eye, but that it's best to forgive. That's like, in the Quran and stuff dude. In the Bible, you're supposed to be "forced" to marry a woman if you rape her. Sure you want to turn this into a theological debate?

If the country of Iraq hated your neighbor, and bombed his house, and in this attack, your mother and father died and your brother was maimed, would you be annoyed with Iraq? I sure would be. In fact, I might be so pissed at Iraq, that I would want to retaliate with violence! Apparently you would sing the Iraqi Spangled Banner, and support them with all your might. I guess we're different.

Since you don't know shit about world history, and you clearly don't know shit about US foreign policy, hearing you admit to it, while crafting an opinion, is astounding. You don't know shit. Brag about not knowing shit. Then craft opinions based on your bullshit, and tell us we're wrong. Is Wikipedia blocked in your homeschool? Borrow someone's iPhone and check it out. I'm not optimistic you could read a fact and digest it, but I'd at least feel better if you tried.

We should all be concerned why and how a person elects to attack this country. Why did Newtown happen? Why did 9/11 happen? Why did all of these mass killings happen? I hope we can know, so we can prevent them in the future. But sticking your head in the sand and regurgitating stupid shit uttered by stupid people, doesn't make you informed. It makes you a misguided sheep.

fuck sake. It's depressing to understand how little people know about this big ass planet of ours.

(Oh, and continue to Muslim-blast away. It further exposes you as a bigot and discredits your nonsensical posts)

edit: and to prevent you from going further down the rabbit hole, I'm technically a son of the American Revolution, as one of my many times great grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War. I'm ethnically about as fucking American as you can be.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's not terrorism because it doesn't fit the definition of terrorism. It has nothing to do with someones skin color.

You do understand that right?

Terrorism - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear[/QUOTE]

You make my point. Thanks. When whites like, let's say, Joe Stack commit their act, it's not framed as terrorism. But, a brown man or some Muslim, "terrorist" is the first word used. Even now with Boston. We don't know the motivation but its called terrorism.

So, what is politically motivated violence AKA terrorism? How about attacking a country to achieve a political aim? THAT is terrorism. So, please exercise consistency unless you want to be a hypocrite.

023769ae-e37f-4525-9f32-4aed14e21d18-big.jpg

Hmmm......one in the cap looks the most suspicious to me, what about you?

[quote name='pyschonerd']
023769ae-e37f-4525-9f32-4aed14e21d18-big.jpg

Hmmm......one in the cap looks the most suspicious to me, what about you?[/QUOTE]

I actually think the fat, bald dude in the suit looks sketchy too. Standing there in a sportscoat chilling, while everyone else is running away in tears? I mean, if we're being totally honest here.

And actually, as I take a second look, the guy with the MIT sweatshirt who is clearly packing something under his arm and not looking scared. He's kinda standing out in the pic.

[quote name='joeboosauce']But, a brown man or some Muslim, "terrorist" is the first word used. [/QUOTE]

Or workplace violence in the case of Nidal Malik Hasan so it works both ways jackass.

[quote name='jputahraptor']None of those are in league with Christian ideas. I would love to know specific white Christians associated with all of them because I already named several people involved in terrorists attacks who killed in the name of Islam, and since literally thousands are killed abroad every month in terror attacks again in the name of Islam, so I will anxiously wait for those who you didn't mention that killed in the name of the pope or church or the like. If you don't give several examples of each of known evil white Christians who kill expressly for terror purposes in the name of their Christian God I will have to call you out for being full of shit.

It sounds more like you mistake government for evil white Christians even though not all whites are Christian and even people who do don't actually practice or follow Christian ideals like helping the poor and doing good. It's Obama doing the drone strikes, not the Vatican.

I think we can also agree that people that kill in the name of Islam are just as misguided I'm sure as the people that kill in the name of the pope that you are going to name. Neither religion preaches this, there are people who want to kill and hate others regardless, they just want their virgins perhaps and they think its the best way to get them. I think you need counseling to help you with your white issues and your hatred for religions including Christianity. If you really hate all the things the government does, feel free to leave the country as well.[/QUOTE]

I hope you save your above for people who think Muslim when they think terrorism. I'm simply applying the same logic that many Americans apply to this group of people. I mean, REALLY? You are oblivious to the public discourse on "why do they hate us" and "terrorism is committed by Moozlums"???? REALLY? So, when religion is raised when there is a Muslim perpetrator, then Christianity should be brought up for Christian perps like Dubya (born again Xtian, admits to consult invisible man in the sky for advice) and Obama and the rest of their goons. Much of the higher ups are Christian. Good luck running as a non-Christian or being appointed to a high-level cabinet position (Jews are ok for this). Same with race. Why isn't "white" brought up as it is with all other races? If that is what white Americans want to do, then they should be consistent. It clearly demonstrates a bias.

I don't care to argue the race and religion of any terrorist. I'm just using your logic against you. It's about political motivations when it comes to terrorism. And for that, the US is the biggest sponsor/perpetrator of terrorism.

[quote name='GBAstar']Or workplace violence in the case of Nidal Malik Hasan so it works both ways jackass.[/QUOTE]

You didn't follow the news when that occurred did you then? Again, I will repeat myself:

So, what is politically motivated violence AKA terrorism? How about attacking a country to achieve a political aim? THAT is terrorism. So, please exercise consistency unless you want to be a hypocrite.

So, do you enjoy having THE gov't that commits the most acts of terror worldwide? Do you??? You guys are sick fucks who do. Really the question that we need to ask is
"WHY DO AMERICANS LOVE COMMITTING TERRORISM AROUND THE WORLD?" LOVE IT!!!
And I do mean they love them some terr'ism. Supporting it, so they can get their cheap consumer goods with their heels on everyones neck.

THAT is the question that everyone avoids. The elephant in the room. The emperor with no clothes. America=Terrorism, America ♥ Terrorism

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy on the run has a twitter account.

Here's a couple of his messages.

Jahar @J_tsar I don't argue with fools who say islam is terrorism it's not worth a thing, let an idiot remain an idiot
5:57 AM - 16 Jan 2013

505 Retweets 132 favorites

505 Retweets. That's quite a lot. I imagine a lot of liberal sympathizers. ''Yeah fuck those bigots bro'' 3 months later.....

Jahar @J_tsar Idk why it's hard for many of you to accept that 9/11 was an inside job, I mean I guess fuck the facts y'all are some real #patriots #gethip
4:37 AM - 2 Sep 2012

174 Retweets 42 favorites

Cool to be anti establishment and side with this type of person right?

Jahar @J_tsar how i miss my home land #dagestan #chechnya
8:26 AM - 5 Apr 2012

24 Retweets 4 favorites

Kinda contradicts his uncle....

Jahar @J_tsar a decade in america already, i want out
10:32 AM - 14 Mar 2012

51 Retweets 7 favorites

Talk about gratitude....

Obama fan apparently

Barack.jpg

And After the bomb he kept tweeting.

Here's one

Jahar @J_tsar There are people that know the truth but stay silent & there are people that speak the truth but we don't hear them cuz they're the minority
5:34 AM - 16 Apr 2013

& Another

Jahar @J_tsar Ain't no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people
1:04 AM - 16 Apr 2013

2,241 Retweets 490 favorites

Apparently they didn't try and rob the 7/11 either, they were just there at a time it was being robbed or something.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston-bombing-tweets

[quote name='GBAstar']Or workplace violence in the case of Nidal Malik Hasan so it works both ways jackass.[/QUOTE]

Thought your definition of terrorism was 'violence against civilians'?

[quote name='joeboosauce']I hope you save your above for people who think Muslim when they think terrorism. I'm simply applying the same logic that many Americans apply to this group of people. I mean, REALLY? You are oblivious to the public discourse on "why do they hate us" and "terrorism is committed by Moozlums"???? REALLY? So, when religion is raised when there is a Muslim perpetrator, then Christianity should be brought up for Christian perps like Dubya (born again Xtian, admits to consult invisible man in the sky for advice) and Obama and the rest of their goons. Much of the higher ups are Christian. Good luck running as a non-Christian or being appointed to a high-level cabinet position (Jews are ok for this). Same with race. Why isn't "white" brought up as it is with all other races? If that is what white Americans want to do, then they should be consistent. It clearly demonstrates a bias.

I don't care to argue the race and religion of any terrorist. I'm just using your logic against you. It's about political motivations when it comes to terrorism. And for that, the US is the biggest sponsor/perpetrator of terrorism.[/QUOTE]

You have an amazing ability to not answer the question as well as accuse people and fold faster than superman on laundry day when someone calls you out on it. Your posts honestly give me headaches. I dont agree with most of the liberal posters on here, but at least I can wrap my head around what the hell they are talking about. You say much of the higher ups are Christian, again WHO, you can not make an accusation like that without backing it up with SEVERAL names of devout Christians, it would also help to know what denomination of Christians they are, since it they are Baptist for instance they may not listen to the pope, so maybe these mysterious "Christians" that don't act very Christian are taking their orders from someone else. Your ideas that only Christians are elected to office, in fact I believe their was only one Catholic president and he got a bullet in his head. Elected office is up to people to run and achieve, not be given to them. And if the bulk of the country is Christian, which I don't even know if that is true then it's going to be reflected in the makeup of business and governement. You assume everyone who is white is Christian, do you know a Christian by looking at them? Do Christians have some sort of identifying mark? Is the government of Iraq have a lot of Christians?

I'm not exactly pro government when it comes to the size and scope and what we do overseas so please don't lump everyone because you and I don't know who makes the decision, what race they are, what religion they belong to, if any, and what their motivations are. Governement actions does not equal race or religion so you'd be even stupider than you already are to make that distinction especially when you can't name a single white Christian. With that said, we were attacked on 9/11 and the governement I would hope did what they felt was right. It is war and I know that things will end badly and I am not defending those who did anything illegal or immoral on purpose. But I do realize that we have to defend ourselves and as we saw on 9/11 innocent people die. I don't know if what we did was considered terrorism, I hope not but again Obama does drone strikes, not the church.

I think in all honesty you miss my point, I have already acknowledged on this thread alone that acts of terrorism are commited by whites as well, and in the case of the weather underground they got out very quickly and got cushy jobs. I also said already that anybody that kills in the name of any God is doing the opposite of what that religion entails. But in spite of whites using bombs, they don't claim it as having anything to do with Christianity, in the case of the OKlahoma bombing or Unabomber it was against the gov., or bombing an abortion clinic, again not defending these people in anyway, but their motivations were not in the name of God. So when those of MIddle Eastern decent get caught and say they do it in the name of Allah then yeah they get that stigma attached. If they say they are protesting capitalism like Bill Ayers then we wouldn't make that association. Also understand that many of these "Islamic terrorists" are not born here, but came here after they've had their idea, which agains falls into terrorism. These Boston guys it's being reported, had anti American and other

[quote name='jputahraptor']You have an amazing ability to not answer the question as well as accuse people and fold faster than superman on laundry day when someone calls you out on it. Your posts honestly give me headaches. I dont agree with most of the liberal posters on here, but at least I can wrap my head around what the hell they are talking about. You say much of the higher ups are Christian, again WHO, you can not make an accusation like that without backing it up with SEVERAL names of devout Christians, it would also help to know what denomination of Christians they are, since it they are Baptist for instance they may not listen to the pope, so maybe these mysterious "Christians" that don't act very Christian are taking their orders from someone else. Your ideas that only Christians are elected to office, in fact I believe their was only one Catholic president and he got a bullet in his head. Elected office is up to people to run and achieve, not be given to them. And if the bulk of the country is Christian, which I don't even know if that is true then it's going to be reflected in the makeup of business and governement. You assume everyone who is white is Christian, do you know a Christian by looking at them? Do Christians have some sort of identifying mark? Is the government of Iraq have a lot of Christians?

I'm not exactly pro government when it comes to the size and scope and what we do overseas so please don't lump everyone because you and I don't know who makes the decision, what race they are, what religion they belong to, if any, and what their motivations are. Governement actions does not equal race or religion so you'd be even stupider than you already are to make that distinction especially when you can't name a single white Christian. With that said, we were attacked on 9/11 and the governement I would hope did what they felt was right. It is war and I know that things will end badly and I am not defending those who did anything illegal or immoral on purpose. But I do realize that we have to defend ourselves and as we saw on 9/11 innocent people die. I don't know if what we did was considered terrorism, I hope not but again Obama does drone strikes, not the church.

I think in all honesty you miss my point, I have already acknowledged on this thread alone that acts of terrorism are commited by whites as well, and in the case of the weather underground they got out very quickly and got cushy jobs. I also said already that nobody that kills in the name of any God is doing the opposite of what that religion entails. But in spite of whites using bombs, they don't claim it as having anything to do with Christianity, in the case of the OKlahoma bombing or Unabomber, it was against the government. So when those of MIddle Eastern decent get caught and say they do it in the name of Allah then yeah they get that stigma attached. If they say they are protesting capitalism like Bill Ayers then we wouldn't make that association. Also understand that many of these "Islamic terrorists" are not born here, but came here after they've had their idea, which agains falls into terrorism. These Boston guys it's being reported, had anti American and other[/QUOTE]
Do YOU make the distinction between Sunni's and Shi'ites? If not, then what the fuck does being Catholic or Baptist have to do with anything?

It's pretty common knowledge at this point that Bush invaded Iraq because he felt it was his duty as a Christian. What the fuck do you call that?

edit: As for your little snippet about not being able to identify someone's religion by they're race, I sure as fuck don't see you applying that to those posts that are supportive of all no-holds-barred knee-jerk racial profiling.

[quote name='joeboosauce']I hope you save your above for people who think Muslim when they think terrorism. I'm simply applying the same logic that many Americans apply to this group of people. I mean, REALLY? You are oblivious to the public discourse on "why do they hate us" and "terrorism is committed by Moozlums"???? REALLY? So, when religion is raised when there is a Muslim perpetrator, then Christianity should be brought up for Christian perps like Dubya (born again Xtian, admits to consult invisible man in the sky for advice) and Obama and the rest of their goons. Much of the higher ups are Christian. Good luck running as a non-Christian or being appointed to a high-level cabinet position (Jews are ok for this). Same with race. Why isn't "white" brought up as it is with all other races? If that is what white Americans want to do, then they should be consistent. It clearly demonstrates a bias.

I don't care to argue the race and religion of any terrorist. I'm just using your logic against you. It's about political motivations when it comes to terrorism. And for that, the US is the biggest sponsor/perpetrator of terrorism.[/QUOTE]

You have an amazing ability to not answer the question as well as accuse people and fold faster than superman on laundry day when someone calls you out on it. Your posts honestly give me headaches. I dont agree with most of the liberal posters on here, but at least I can wrap my head around what the hell they are talking about. You say much of the higher ups are Christian, again WHO, you can not make an accusation like that without backing it up with SEVERAL names of devout Christians, it would also help to know what denomination of Christians they are, since it they are Baptist for instance they may not listen to the pope, so maybe these mysterious "Christians" that don't act very Christian are taking their orders from someone else. Your ideas that only Christians are elected to office, in fact I believe their was only one Catholic president and he got a bullet in his head. Elected office is up to people to run and achieve, not be given to them. And if the bulk of the country is Christian, which I don't even know if that is true then it's going to be reflected in the makeup of business and governement. You assume everyone who is white is Christian, do you know a Christian by looking at them? Do Christians have some sort of identifying mark? Is the government of Iraq have a lot of Christians?

I'm not exactly pro government when it comes to the size and scope and what we do overseas so please don't lump everyone because you and I don't know who makes the decision, what race they are, what religion they belong to, if any, and what their motivations are. Governement actions does not equal race or religion so you'd be even stupider than you already are to make that distinction especially when you can't name a single white Christian. Again Obama does drone strikes, not the church.

I think in all honesty you miss my point, I have already acknowledged on this thread alone that acts of terrorism are commited by whites as well, and in the case of the weather underground they got out very quickly and got cushy jobs. I also said already that nobody that kills in the name of any God is doing the opposite of what that religion entails. But in spite of whites using bombs, they don't claim it as having anything to do with Christianity, in the case of the OKlahoma bombing or Unabomber, it was against the government. So when those of MIddle Eastern decent get caught and say they do it in the name of Allah then yeah they get that stigma attached. If they say they are protesting capitalism like Bill Ayers then we wouldn't make that association. Also understand that many of these "Islamic terrorists" are not born here, but came here after they've had their idea, which agains falls into terrorism. These Boston guys it's being reported, had anti American and other

Oh people will enjoy this.

Lindsey Graham
‏@GrahamBlog

The last thing we may want to do is read Boston suspect Miranda Rights telling him to "remain silent."

Lindsey Graham ‏
@GrahamBlog 1h
If captured, I hope Administration will at least consider holding the Boston suspect as enemy combatant for intelligence gathering purposes.

Lindsey Graham ‏
@GrahamBlog 1h
If the #Boston suspect has ties to overseas terror organizations he could be treasure trove of information.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Oh people will enjoy this.

Lindsey Graham
‏@GrahamBlog

The last thing we may want to do is read Boston suspect Miranda Rights telling him to "remain silent."[/QUOTE]

I see your tweet and raise you with this:
1smwpv7.png

[quote name='dohdough']I see your tweet and raise you with this:
[/QUOTE]

I added a few more good ones but you have nice nugget there also.

[quote name='jputahraptor']You have an amazing ability to not answer the question as well as accuse people and fold faster than superman on laundry day when someone calls you out on it. Your posts honestly give me headaches. I dont agree with most of the liberal posters on here, but at least I can wrap my head around what the hell they are talking about. You say much of the higher ups are Christian, again WHO, you can not make an accusation like that without backing it up with SEVERAL names of devout Christians, it would also help to know what denomination of Christians they are, since it they are Baptist for instance they may not listen to the pope, so maybe these mysterious "Christians" that don't act very Christian are taking their orders from someone else. Your ideas that only Christians are elected to office, in fact I believe their was only one Catholic president and he got a bullet in his head. Elected office is up to people to run and achieve, not be given to them. And if the bulk of the country is Christian, which I don't even know if that is true then it's going to be reflected in the makeup of business and governement. You assume everyone who is white is Christian, do you know a Christian by looking at them? Do Christians have some sort of identifying mark? Is the government of Iraq have a lot of Christians?

I'm not exactly pro government when it comes to the size and scope and what we do overseas so please don't lump everyone because you and I don't know who makes the decision, what race they are, what religion they belong to, if any, and what their motivations are. Governement actions does not equal race or religion so you'd be even stupider than you already are to make that distinction especially when you can't name a single white Christian. Again Obama does drone strikes, not the church.

I think in all honesty you miss my point, I have already acknowledged on this thread alone that acts of terrorism are commited by whites as well, and in the case of the weather underground they got out very quickly and got cushy jobs. I also said already that nobody that kills in the name of any God is doing the opposite of what that religion entails. But in spite of whites using bombs, they don't claim it as having anything to do with Christianity, in the case of the OKlahoma bombing or Unabomber, it was against the government. So when those of MIddle Eastern decent get caught and say they do it in the name of Allah then yeah they get that stigma attached. If they say they are protesting capitalism like Bill Ayers then we wouldn't make that association. Also understand that many of these "Islamic terrorists" are not born here, but came here after they've had their idea, which agains falls into terrorism. These Boston guys it's being reported, had anti American and other[/QUOTE]

Oh so, in reality, religious organizations, groups, or individuals do not use the state to fulfill their crazy Biblical goals? Sorry, if you get most your politics from the ANCIENT Bible then no wonder you can't understand a damn thing being said by people who question the dominant narrative that you just spew out. You're reading comprehension sucketh. Did you not see the name Dubs typed in my last post? Dubya? As in GWB??? And Barry Obama? As in HEADS OF MOTHERfuckING STATES? Who are just as Christian as OBL is Muslim. BTW, OBL clearly raised his POLITICAL grievances. Dubs "spoke to god" to get his advice. He says he's Christian. So, ergo Christian empire. Good luck running as a Muslim for high office. Stupid ass fuck. Can't even see how religion bleeds over into state. No, that can't happen in the land of "separation of church and state." Need I get all biblical on you a la Sam Jackson? Need I quote Leviticus (or some shit) about "the hypocrite"?

Yousef Munayyer ‏@YousefMunayyer 6m
Probably why he hid in the boat RT @daveweigel: I never thought he'd be in a boat. RT @blakehounshell: So the dude was in a boat?

[quote name='dohdough']I see your tweet and raise you with this:
1smwpv7.png
[/QUOTE]
I love how mature and classy that is. Really sets a good example for everyone else to follow.

[quote name='IRHari']Yousef Munayyer ‏@YousefMunayyer 6m
Probably why he hid in the boat RT @daveweigel: I never thought he'd be in a boat. RT @blakehounshell: So the dude was in a boat?[/QUOTE]

I'd lose my shit if he was singing this when they caught him:

http://youtu.be/avaSdC0QOUM

Lil fucker was hiding in a boat. Think they should coax him out and arrest him. Not shoot. The guy is young and careless he'll be a sucker in interrogation.

He made it about 16+ hours longer then I would of in a manhunt (although I think I'd stick out a little bit more then he would).

Not sure what to make of these developments. Like other said I hope he can be taken alive but I'm not sure what the loud bangs were about 10 minutes ago.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Oh so, in reality, religious organizations, groups, or individuals do not use the state to fulfill their crazy Biblical goals? Sorry, if you get most your politics from the ANCIENT Bible then no wonder you can't understand a damn thing being said by people who question the dominant narrative that you just spew out. You're reading comprehension sucketh. Did you not see the name Dubs typed in my last post? Dubya? As in GWB??? And Barry Obama? As in HEADS OF MOTHERfuckING STATES? Who are just as Christian as OBL is Muslim. BTW, OBL clearly raised his POLITICAL grievances. Dubs "spoke to god" to get his advice. He says he's Christian. So, ergo Christian empire. Good luck running as a Muslim for high office. Stupid ass fuck. Can't even see how religion bleeds over into state. No, that can't happen in the land of "separation of church and state." Need I get all biblical on you a la Sam Jackson? Need I quote Leviticus (or some shit) about "the hypocrite"?[/QUOTE]

Wow two people, and one's not white.

So there was no military reason behind it, these were all unprovoked attacks against other countries? Religion was a factor, it just was the factor of the guys flying the planes. I don't think either president said I am Christian, therefore we will attack Iraq. I'm not defending either of these so called Christians, but it's a flimsy connection, a declaration of war has to go through the house and senate I believe, it's not just one guy, and they can't declare it cause there God told them, I think its a little more complicated and relies on intelligence and a network of thousands of people. Maybe taking at Saddam was the humane, moral thing to do, again that was not the reason we went to war and I won't defend the reasons we did. Then look at people like Mao who used his political power to kill tens of millions of people, so religion or lack thereof is hardly an excuse for anyone with a military to slaughter people.

War predates modern religions by the way, anybody in a position of power will use it to invade and destroy. It's just something else to hide behind and something politicians use to get votes, your silly to think that wars and deliusional dictators or anyone in power couldn't say anything to justify their actions.

And please don't hate the billions of religious people for the actions of a few misguided folks.

Oh and please go all Samuel Jackson on me, better yet get him to debate, I'm sure he'd actually answer the questions I pose that you ignore.

Interesting theory.
Some woman on TV made the suggestion because they did not run away straight after, and tried to act as normal. They possibly planned more attacks. Maybe we'll find out.

This is not going to be a popular post, but here it is:

I am not happy nor am I relieved that this is over. If anything, I'm saddened by the entire spectacle. The bombers are a reflection of our society. We are them and they are us. At what point do we as a society take some responsibility for what happened? What is it about our society that causes people to take such extreme action? These two young men were full of positive potential and it was completely wasted along with all of the other victims. And for what? With the arrest, hopefully we'll get some answers. I don't need to talk about the other victims because you can find commentary about them everywhere, but I'm glad he was caught alive.

Tamerlan and Dzjokhar Tsarnaev are just as human as anyone of us. To imagine them as something other than one of us is to ignore any lessons we can glean from this and there are indeed things we can learn about ourselves. Events like this truly bring out some of the worst in all of us to reveal our prejudices that's ever present and always simmering just underneath our superficial veneer of civility. This thread is clearly evidence of that.

By no means do I condone any of the Tsarnaevs' actions, but I'm not going to jump on some nationalistic bandwagon and dismiss them as crazy loons or something that's inexplicable or as something done without reason. THAT, would be the greatest injustice to their victims. It's our duty as a society to figure out what went wrong and to do our damnedest to make sure things like this don't happen. Merely punishing those that committed the acts is NOT justice...that's just revenge.

I'm not going to lie. There's something extremely sick about all the cheering. I understand it, but there's a mindlessness to it. There was a woman that was interviewed while the cruisers were leaving the scene and the crowd was cheering. When asked why she was crying, she said, "Now, it's over." If only that were true...this is nothing more than a Pyrrhic victory.

[quote name='dohdough']This is not going to be a popular post, but here it is:

I am not happy nor am I relieved that this is over. If anything, I'm saddened by the entire spectacle. The bombers are a reflection of our society. We are them and they are us. At what point do we as a society take some responsibility for what happened? What is it about our society that causes people to take such extreme action? These two young men were full of positive potential and it was completely wasted along with all of the other victims. And for what? With the arrest, hopefully we'll get some answers. I don't need to talk about the other victims because you can find commentary about them everywhere, but I'm glad he was caught alive.

Tamerlan and Dzjokhar Tsarnaev are just as human as anyone of us. To imagine them as something other than one of us is to ignore any lessons we can glean from this and there are indeed things we can learn about ourselves. Events like this truly bring out some of the worst in all of us to reveal our prejudices that's ever present and always simmering just underneath our superficial veneer of civility. This thread is clearly evidence of that.

By no means do I condone any of the Tsarnaevs' actions, but I'm not going to jump on some nationalistic bandwagon and dismiss them as crazy loons or something that's inexplicable or as something done without reason. THAT, would be the greatest injustice to their victims. It's our duty as a society to figure out what went wrong and to do our damnedest to make sure things like this don't happen. Merely punishing those that committed the acts is NOT justice...that's just revenge.

I'm not going to lie. There's something extremely sick about all the cheering. I understand it, but there's a mindlessness to it. There was a woman that was interviewed while the cruisers were leaving the scene and the crowd was cheering. When asked why she was crying, she said, "Now, it's over." If only that were true...this is nothing more than a Pyrrhic victory.[/QUOTE]

I like what you said (so maybe you're right and it will be unpopular).

It is always surprising to me that when something horrific like this occurs people with ties to the accused (friends, class mates, relatives) are interviewed and the majority didn't see any signs.

I am relieved that he was taken alive. I wish more would be taken alive because crazy or not I am always fascinated by the other half of the story. I hope he talks. I hope he is honest.

I am not sure equating the worst of what a person can do as a reflection of society in general is fair. One could very well take the opposite stance and say the best people are a reflection of society. It is more complicated than that.

Now are there certain cause and effect reasons for this particular bombing? Sure, but to say it is "society" that is to blame in every case seems too simplistic. For whatever reason they give for committing this bombing I am sure we would find someone with the same reasons who would never do such things.

I edited the first sentence to reflect the point I was trying to make.

I'm not going to lie. There's something extremely sick about all the cheering. I understand it, but there's a mindlessness to it. There was a woman that was interviewed while the cruisers were leaving the scene and the crowd was cheering. When asked why she was crying, she said, "Now, it's over." If only that were true...this is nothing more than a Pyrrhic victory.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

I don't think it has anything to do with "society" - when you have 7 billion of anything there are bound to be a few defects.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure equating the worst of what a person can do as a reflection of society in general is fair. One could very well take the opposite stance and say the best people are a reflection of society. It is more complicated than that.

Now are there certain cause and effect reasons for this particular bombing? Sure, but to say it is "society" that is to blame in every case seems too simplistic. For whatever reason they give for committing this bombing I am sure we would find someone with the same reasons who would never do such things.

I edited the first sentence to reflect the point I was trying to make.[/QUOTE]
I don't disagree at all, but you can find the type of edification you're talking about everywhere.

[quote name='Javery']I don't think it has anything to do with "society" - when you have 7 billion of anything there are bound to be a few defects.[/QUOTE]
And this is exactly the type of unthinking dehumanization that I'm talking about. What makes you think they're "defects?"

Because something in their brain does not click like the rest of ours, thus they turn to violence to get their point across. What makes you think that everyone has the capacity for good?

They aren't crazy. They rationalized their own actions and went through with them for whatever reason they had.

I think this bombing will end up being just like Newtown and Aurora. We'll find out that these individuals were severely disenfranchised, hurting, and seeking to make others hurt while also gainijg their own infamy. It really is sad that the only takeaway many will have from this whole event is "we got those fuckers" because they'll fail to see what was affecting these guys preferring to merely villainize and de-humanize them. You don't have to support or even tolerate what they did to have the viewpoint that no one wins in this situation, no matter the outcome.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Because something in their brain does not click like the rest of ours, thus they turn to violence to get their point across. What makes you think that everyone has the capacity for good?[/quote]
Maybe because I don't? I just understand that a vast majority of people aren't(edit) narcissistic sociopaths.

They aren't crazy. They rationalized their own actions and went through with them for whatever reason they had.
Exactly. They're NOT crazy and that's the scary part. Given the same circumstances, upbringing, and experiences, how many of us would be capable of doing what they did? Psychology and sociology tells us that many of us are.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I do not want to change gears but I am reading that the older brother was married and had a child? Sounds like they were no longer together before all this happened though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/tamerlan-tsarnaev-wife-family_n_3119679.html[/QUOTE]
A psychopathologist was talking about triggers like this too.

Society failed them in the sense that they weren't given the support and help they obviously needed. Somebody doesn't just randomly decide to blow shit up one day. They most likely had little to no support system, probably felt isolated and alone.

Despite the lone wolf philosophy a number of Americans seem to believe in, we all have a responsibility to one another to recognize when people need help and to do something if we can. Had these two men been given the help they needed they may not have done this in the first place. These weren't two crazies, and they weren't radical terrorists. From their bios I've read, they seemed to both have pretty promising futures, and were about as far from being terrorists as any of us.

It's a tragedy that this happened, but it's also a tragedy that probably could have been avoided. It's far, far easier to simply label them, cheer for their death/capture, and move on though.

[quote name='dohdough']
A psychopathologist was talking about triggers like this too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was going to postulate that this could be a trigger for something like this. Coming to America, wanting the "American dream", getting it maybe and then losing it could cause him to lash out. I will be interested in knowing if the older brother held some influence over the younger one or if they were both absolute believers in what they were doing.

If the suicide vests turn out to be true and the older brother used his and the younger did not that could be an indicator in their level of commitment. Of course that is A LOT of ifs.

bread's done
Back