2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

[quote name='IRHari']So Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should have been read his Miranda rights immediately, yes?[/QUOTE]

Sure, but I don't take pity on the guy because they weren't.

Obviously I know it's not how it should go, but it is hard to get the general public to acknowledge an infringement such as this when they see a picture of him placing the bomb with a smirk on his face, right next to an 8 year old boy. At that point most people are like fuck him.

Maybe that isn't how it should go, but that is reality.

[quote name='dohdough']You're not reading into anything I'm say. All you're doing is projecting your own biases onto it. Operating from the assumption of people being solely responsible for their actions and immune from any outside influence completely flies in the face of how psychology and sociology work.

If you just want to squabble about the ratio of influence and responsibility of society, it's something that we can discuss when more information becomes available, but since the only thing you're interested in is saying that society has no responsibility whatsoever because you want to use the dictionary as your argument, then you didn't really understand what you read.

Hmmm...in that post you quoted, I was responding to 3 different points by 2 different people and you're wondering why it doesn't seem consistent(it actually is)?

Btw, I know the difference between being sociopathic and psychopathic, but you don't seem to. Also, a psychological trigger can also be a catalyst, not just a light switch. Since I need to explain these things to you, maybe I'm not the one that should be looking up definitions.

Re-read my posts until you understand them. Or I dunno, maybe read the first paragraph where I said that maybe we'll get some answers now that he was arrested.

The Milgram Experiment and the Stanford Prison Experiment say otherwise. Given the right leverage, your "average" person is capable of some pretty cruel and violent behavior as well as passive and docile behavior when experiencing the former. You might as well ask why the IRA was bombing the shit out of everything when England and Ireland are such a great places to live.

Actually, I specifically said that we should do our damnedest to make sure this doesn't happen again, which is different from saying that we completely stop it from ever happening again. A more apt analogy is that you saw my door, didn't want to go through it, and decided to use a sledgehammer to make your own because you didn't like the moulding.

Seriously, my quote is on the same damn page as your reply and for everyone to see. It's even in one of your own posts! How hard is it to look a couple posts up and correctly reference it?

Do YOU know the difference between psychopaths and sociopaths? Seems to me like you're assuming that only psychopaths exist and sociopaths don't. I still don't know how you jumped from me saying that most people aren't narcissistic sociopaths to the Tsarnaevs being psychopaths. Are you confusing me with someone else? Cause I'm not making the arguments that you're accusing me of.
[/quote]

You debate like a politician, never actually saying anything that answers the core questions. I liked the part where you claimed to know the difference between between sociopaths & psychopaths, but never actually said what is was. So we obviously don't agree here I don't like to waste anymore time here besides what I write below, so if you feel like I'm an idiot and want to scream and shout to try and make your point go for it. Congrats, you're opinion will be king of the vs. section on discount gaming online forum. None will oppose you...

Let me break down your own statement then explain how I see it differently:

"We are them and they are us. At what point do we as a society take some responsibility for what happened? What is it about our society that causes people to take such extreme action?"

"Tamerlan and Dzjokhar Tsarnaev are just as human as anyone of us. To imagine them as something other than one of us is to ignore any lessons we can glean from this and there are indeed things we can learn about ourselves. Events like this truly bring out some of the worst in all of us to reveal our prejudices that's ever present and always simmering just underneath our superficial veneer of civility."

My question is what makes you think it is just this society that causes such actions? How do you have any idea besides the one in your mind that that is even the case? You hide behind the idea that with the arrests maybe answers will come, but the problem is you are already making a statement (yet posing it as a question) that shells out blame to society with no real reason behind it. What do you think is so "not crazy" about the 2 suspects & the events that have taken place? Did you do a psychological evalution on Tamerlan when nobody else was looking? I never said society has no responsibility, our society pushes people everyday and everyday people lash out. I am simply saying that unlike yourself there is no evidence yet to say it does in this situation. You think I'm altering and projecting things, you are the one simply projecting your impression of society on this situation. I could be off base with my thoughts too. I could sling around big words and be a dick about everything said here like you. But I won't make an empathic interrogative statement and then say I hope maybe we'll get some answers. No I'll take a more rational approach and wait for answers before I start blaming society ills and acting like these brothers are victims of our society.

On the topics of sociopaths & psychopaths. Psychopaths have no empathy or conscience for anyone. Sociopaths on other hand may not feel empathy for the society in general but often there are a select few in his or her life for which that is not the case. (See it wasn't that difficult) There are other things like the theory of the origin of them being different. Sociopathy is said to often be rooted in one's development in early environment where as psychopathy is rooted more in one's biology & psychology, yet can still be affected by environment. Other theories like sociopaths are typically less calculating & organized vs. psychopaths who are more calculating. Sociopaths thrive in a social network of people vs. psychopaths who tend to be more loners clinging to a false reality of sorts. There are perhaps even more similarities than differences, but those are the differences I know of. Both exist yet one person cannot be both a sociopath & psychopath.

Now to be fair, I didn't intend to call the 2 bombers psychopaths though I can see where you think I may have inferred that at some point. From what we know now, I'd fairly certain only the older brother could put fairly into that category (he beat his wife, no friends, people who met him seemed to think he was abrasive/unfriendly, didn't understand nor care for the society he lived in, was deep into the jihadist/extremist movement, etc.), The younger brother seemed much closer to his family and had a real network of friends. The point I was eluding to by bringing up psychopaths is to question how society takes the burden for & work towards stopping people like psychopaths? Charles Manson for instance, by even most professional opinions a true psychopath, is he really society's creation? Is it an affront to his victims to say he is psychopath (as you suggest it is with this case to call the bombers crazy or mad)? What about Kaczynski? Norway has some different societal norms than we do in the States, but do you say their society bears some responsibility for what Breivik did? If it is embedded in the biology of some humans what is it that society is doing wrong? Sociopath, psychopath, etc, the actual word doesn't matter really but you're point seems to be that the bombers are a reflections of us and a problem in our society and it's wrong to say otherwise. I'm simply asking you why do you think that is?

And yes, you are in fact being at least a little inconsistant here. You said that society is not largely sociopaths and you also said that the bombers were just like us (meaning society). You also said they were not crazy or mentally defective. So is it that the suspects are sociopaths or just that society is largely capable sociopathic behavior such as blowing up a sidewalk full of innocent people? You seem to infer that both are true at different times. Now you are putting you're reasoning behind the Milgram & Stanford Prison Experiments. I see what you are saying but I am not seeing how it entirely applies to what happened. Despite both experiments show a darker side of human nature in general, the point of the experiments revolved around what happens when some subjects have full authority and the other subjects have none. You have no authority figure in this scenario. Who has the leverage, the bombers or society? Besides the fact the it proved many people have sadistic tendencies buried in them & use those tendencies given the right conditions I don't see much there relating to this.

I'm not saying society is perfect the way it is, but as long as people exist so will sociopaths, psychopaths, etc. and society's defense against that is absolutely limited unfortunately. Crazy & sadistic behaviors have existed in our society and essentially every society ever since the start of mankind. Has that suddenly changed, is our society so different now in this regard than it always has been. Neither experiment reinforces your concept that society is suddenly broken somehow, is responsible for the work of even sociopath, psychopaths or whatever in it, and must work toward trying to mitigate things like the bombings in the future. Hell the Milgram experiment is over 50 years old, yet even according to you applies today. You could easily argue that today's society is different than it was back then.

You also talk about the lessons to be gleaned from all this, but what lesson? Besides political fervor such as immigration issues and so on what is the lesson for society to learn? Prejudice exists, and again it is a problem that has always existed in every society. I view that superficial civility as society's best coping mechanism against it.

People target innocent individuals every day in every society around the world, but very little can be done about it. So then why does society suddenly take the gutshot from you now for the actions of 2 individuals who at this point may or may not have been somewhat deranged? Your whole theme seemed to be that if we simply classify this as the work of 2 crazed individuals then society has failed all the victims. Yet some times tragedies like this, like Dorner, like Norway, etc. are just that. Society has no good explanation or defense for it. Society cannot in my opinion be brought to bear the burden for the ill deeds of each individual. It sucks but that is how things work. I actually really hope you are right and somehow society has all the responsibility here and do it's damnedest to work toward a better tomorrow, but deep down I don't really believe that is the case.

And one last thing, you can't take a quote that is basically expressing the same opinion as you and then call it superficial and step up to your high horse. The point of that quote is similar to the one you raised. That the punishment for a crime is revenge not justice. Her point was the legal system has to go beyond merely a prison sentence or the like to ensure justice is maintained. Your quote, "Merely punishing those that committed the acts is NOT justice...that's just revenge." I know you think every thing is superficial & I'm wrong. Yet still curious, if you can respond and not sound like an angst ridden teenager that is, in your opinion what is the difference between revenge & justice? If Dzhokhar is found guilty and sentenced to death for example, is that revenge or justice to you?

On the Miranda thing, while you don't have to be read your rights immediately, the police/FBI/etc can detain & take you into custody first. You only have to be read your rights before being charged & questioned I believe. I also don't know his condition when he was captured but you have to be able to acknowledge and respond to the Miranda warning too. So if he was unconscious or bleeding out or something it would not have done any good legally to read his rights to him on the spot.

But I don't like the feel of the whole public safety exception decision. Like most provisions it was no doubt created with good intentions but now is being stretched a bit too thin for my liking. Especially since he is accused of an extremely high profile crime, you don't want to see any technicalities come up during a trial.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']On the Miranda thing, while you don't have to be read your rights immediately, the police/FBI/etc can detain & take you into custody first. You only have to be read your rights before being charged & questioned I believe. I also don't know his condition when he was captured but you have to be able to acknowledge and respond to the Miranda warning too. So if he was unconscious or bleeding out or something it would not have done any good legally to read his rights to him on the spot.

But I don't like the feel of the whole public safety exception decision. Like most provisions it was no doubt created with good intentions but now is being stretched a bit too thin for my liking. Especially since he is accused of an extremely high profile crime, you don't want to see any technicalities come up during a trial.[/QUOTE]

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...he_public_safety_exception_and_terrorism.html

Someone always drops the ball. I guess the authorities were expecting someone with a darker skin tone, even though terrorists come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

[quote name='Knoell']Not sure where this even comes from. You were talking about number of deaths being an indicator of how we should commit ourselves.

Owning and having a gun is not and will never be an indicator of impending violence.[/QUOTE]

No need to continue the discussion but my point was not about how the number of deaths should determine how we commit ourselves. My only point was the hypocrisy of some people (mostly conservatives) who turn a blind eye on eroding Constitutional rights in the name of terrorism, an activity that to date has killed about 4,000 people on American soil, compared to the 2nd Amendment rights which remain untouchable. If we live in a changing world that requires the Constitution to be bent to fight terrorism then debating the 2nd Amendment in terms of today's world realities is fair game.

I would argue that if we decided to clone people without their consent because the research could result in better treatments for heart disease or cancer then we would all be comparing the same things. As it stands we fund research into those diseases already and as far as I know we are not infringing on anyone's Constitution rights.

[quote name='cancerman1120']No need to continue the discussion but my point was not about how the number of deaths should determine how we commit ourselves. My only point was the hypocrisy of some people (mostly conservatives) who turn a blind eye on eroding Constitutional rights in the name of terrorism, an activity that to date has killed about 4,000 people on American soil, compared to the 2nd Amendment rights which remain untouchable. If we live in a changing world that requires the Constitution to be bent to fight terrorism then debating the 2nd Amendment in terms of today's world realities is fair game.

I would argue that if we decided to clone people without their consent because the research could result in better treatments for heart disease or cancer then we would all be comparing the same things. As it stands we fund research into those diseases already and as far as I know we are not infringing on anyone's Constitution rights.[/QUOTE]

I can see what you mean however you focused on the number of deaths a bit too much.

My point still stands though. If number of deaths means nothing, then you going after 2nd amendment rights in an attempt to stop violence is just as bad as them going after the other rights that are being countermanded in an attempt to stop violence.

Unless you have a soft stance on the constitution.

I will steal Spokkers question:

do you believe eroding our rights to protect us is fine?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Someone always drops the ball. I guess the authorities were expecting someone with a darker skin tone, even though terrorists come in all shapes, sizes and colors.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense .... thats why we only go after MUSLIM terrorists....:roll:

According to some people here and certain groups, Muslim comes in only one color, one shape, one sex, and one size...:roll:

[quote name='Knoell']I can see what you mean however you focused on the number of deaths a bit too much.

My point still stands though. If number of deaths means nothing, then you going after 2nd amendment rights in an attempt to stop violence is just as bad as them going after the other rights that are being countermanded in an attempt to stop violence.

Unless you have a soft stance on the constitution.

I will steal Spokkers question:

do you believe eroding our rights to protect us is fine?[/QUOTE]

No I do not. I am fine with the 2nd Amendment as it is written.

I am for tighter controls as long as they do not include a registry. I think using background checks and requiring proof of transactions is where I stand. Also, harsher penalties for committing crimes while using a gun or providing a gun to someone illegally is a step I could support. I would rather fill jails with violent criminals for longer sentences than the drug use crimes we currently fill them with.

I've no problem with a outright gun registry. That figures, you dirty liberal commie, I hear some of you saying, but wait I can explain (for all the good it will do some of you...). We register our homes already, any level of government can find out the size of your home, the number of bedrooms/bathrooms, property value etc. Yet our houses aren't dangerous weapons capable of killing someone in the wrong hands.

We also register our vehicles, and although they can be dangerous, and can even be used to kill someone, they are not weapons, yet we register them. We register all of these things for various reasons, but what stands out is that they aren't weapons, the very things that are so dangerous you'd think we'd WANT to keep track of them. No, gun ownership is the thing we feel is private information that no one has a right to know.

Meanwhile I could find out how much some of you paid for your homes with an address, could also find out what cars are registered in your name with a fair amount of ease. Yet if I want to know if any of my neighbors have a arsenal big enough to supply a small army, I can't find that information. If I was cruious about how many bathrooms they have though, no problem there.

Will gun registration stop people from shooting each other? Will it stop registered guns from accidentally going off in a home causing a child or adults death? Will registered guns not find themselves in the hands of criminal using them to commit crimes or shootings? Will a gun being registered stop someone from stealing it and shooting someone or committing a crime with it? Will a registered gun do anything different than creating on more un-necessary registry?

Your vehicle registry does nothing to keep anyone safe. Your car will still get stolen regardless of it is registered or not. Registering your car will not stop you from driving drunk and making it a weapon. Having a law to register your car will not make everyone register their car. Having a car that is registered does not mean that the only person who ever drives it has their license. Having a registered car does not make you or I any safer on the roads.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Someone always drops the ball. I guess the authorities were expecting someone with a darker skin tone, even though terrorists come in all shapes, sizes and colors.[/QUOTE]
Yea there is alot of controversy around this theory personally i dont know what to believe

[quote name='perdition(troy']Will gun registration stop people from shooting each other? Will it stop registered guns from accidentally going off in a home causing a child or adults death? Will registered guns not find themselves in the hands of criminal using them to commit crimes or shootings? Will a gun being registered stop someone from stealing it and shooting someone or committing a crime with it? Will a registered gun do anything different than creating on more un-necessary registry?

Your vehicle registry does nothing to keep anyone safe. Your car will still get stolen regardless of it is registered or not. Registering your car will not stop you from driving drunk and making it a weapon. Having a law to register your car will not make everyone register their car. Having a car that is registered does not mean that the only person who ever drives it has their license. Having a registered car does not make you or I any safer on the roads.[/QUOTE]
In case you haven't noticed, I've been "discussing" the problems with Magic Bullet-type legislation in another thread.

The fact of the matter is that areas with high rates of gun-related fatalities and have strict gun laws tend to have the guns come from places with looser gun purchasing/selling regulations. Tightening up regulations in other municipalities will have an effect on the overall supply and lessen those fatalities.

On the subject of a registry, simply putting more accountability on those that make straw purchases and selling weapons used in crimes in addition to making it easier for law enforcement to solve, prevent, and/or mitigate them are important tools. Either way, gun registries already exist. The problem is that there are probably thousands of them and they're not centralized because every FFL dealer has to keep records for 20 years. If the government really wants to track a gun, they have the legal right to do so. The only thing that the current system does is waste time and resources.

Exactly, they're already registered in some way or another, it's just so horribly managed that it's not much good in it's current state. A single, centralized registry would assist law enforcement agencies greatly. I wouldn't expect them to understand the value of intelligence anyway. The idea that knowledge is power doesn't mean shit when you have none.

[quote name='dohdough']In case you haven't noticed, I've been "discussing" the problems with Magic Bullet-type legislation in another thread.

The fact of the matter is that areas with high rates of gun-related fatalities and have strict gun laws tend to have the guns come from places with looser gun purchasing/selling regulations. Tightening up regulations in other municipalities will have an effect on the overall supply and lessen those fatalities.

On the subject of a registry, simply putting more accountability on those that make straw purchases and selling weapons used in crimes in addition to making it easier for law enforcement to solve, prevent, and/or mitigate them are important tools. Either way, gun registries already exist. The problem is that there are probably thousands of them and they're not centralized because every FFL dealer has to keep records for 20 years. If the government really wants to track a gun, they have the legal right to do so. The only thing that the current system does is waste time and resources.[/QUOTE]

Man get that logic shit outta here

[quote name='dohdough']

[/QUOTE]

Show your work.

[quote name='Clak']I've no problem with a outright gun registry. That figures, you dirty liberal commie, I hear some of you saying, but wait I can explain (for all the good it will do some of you...). We register our homes already, any level of government can find out the size of your home, the number of bedrooms/bathrooms, property value etc. Yet our houses aren't dangerous weapons capable of killing someone in the wrong hands.

We also register our vehicles, and although they can be dangerous, and can even be used to kill someone, they are not weapons, yet we register them. We register all of these things for various reasons, but what stands out is that they aren't weapons, the very things that are so dangerous you'd think we'd WANT to keep track of them. No, gun ownership is the thing we feel is private information that no one has a right to know.

Meanwhile I could find out how much some of you paid for your homes with an address, could also find out what cars are registered in your name with a fair amount of ease. Yet if I want to know if any of my neighbors have a arsenal big enough to supply a small army, I can't find that information. If I was cruious about how many bathrooms they have though, no problem there.[/QUOTE]

So you are a fan of the sexual offender registry then?

(Not that a gun is anything remotely close to doing something wrong.)

However I am curious to see how you or others will vouch for the criminals but your fear of guns is just too much to handle.

Also I wonder how a gun registry would affect crime if made public. Not to mention how would it reduce crime in the least?

If you were a criminal would you rob the area with a lot of guns or a few? But go ahead, take the guess work out of it.

[quote name='Clak']Exactly, they're already register in some way or another, it's just so horribly managed that it's not much good in it's current state. A single, centralized registry would assist law enforcement agencies greatly. I wouldn't expect them to understand the value of intelligence anyway.[/QUOTE]

I already thought it was. Shows how much I know. :what:

Not all states require registry, mine doesn't for example. Which is why a national registry is needed.

[quote name='Knoell']So a registry would help how?[/quote]
Read my posts again. It's pretty damn clear how. We've already established that there is no magic bullet, so why the fuck do you keep wanting to go back to it?

Sounds to me like the law they need is there. They just need proper enforcement.
We've also already established that gun regulations vary from state to state and county to county, so how the hell would "proper enforcement" even work when what's allowed in one place isn't allowed in another in relatively close proximity of another?

All three of your articles go on and on about how these gun dealers are known for this and yet are rarely audited.
Straw purchases are like speeding tickets. Everyone does it, but you're more likely to suffer more consequences from going 85mph than buying a gun with the goal of selling it illegally. Just because there are laws, doesn't mean that they have teeth.

[quote name='dohdough']Read my posts again. It's pretty damn clear how. We've already established that there is no magic bullet, so why the fuck do you keep wanting to go back to it?

We've also already established that gun regulations vary from state to state and county to county, so how the hell would "proper enforcement" even work when what's allowed in one place isn't allowed in another in relatively close proximity of another?

Straw purchases are like speeding tickets. Everyone does it, but you're more likely to suffer more consequences from going 85mph than buying a gun with the goal of selling it illegally. Just because there are laws, doesn't mean that they have teeth.[/QUOTE]

1. Reread your own articles.

2. Reread your own articles.

3. Reread your own articles.

I am guessing you just googled all three and said "that'll do"

[quote name='Knoell']1. Reread your own articles.

2. Reread your own articles.

3. Reread your own articles.

I am guessing you just googled all three and said "that'll do"[/QUOTE]

What.The.Mother.fuck.

You asked me for sources and I provided them. Then you make two comments about the problems that the articles point out and talk about how they're not effective. And then you tell me to re-read the articles to again give you the same answers that I and the articles already gave to those problems? I don't even...LIKE SERIOUSLY? Are you drunk or something?

[quote name='dohdough']What.The.Mother.fuck.

You asked me for sources and I provided them. Then you make two comments about the problems that the articles point out and talk about how they're not effective. And then you tell me to re-read the articles to again give you the same answers that I and the articles already gave to those problems? I don't even...LIKE SERIOUSLY? Are you drunk or something?[/QUOTE]

You must be drunk. In both of these threads your sense of who said and started what is discombobulated.

All I stated is that your articles consistently state that enforcement is the issue and that I think more laws (especially a registry) won't do much if they aren't enforced like the existing ones aren't.

Maybe this is a question for Clak since he is pushing for a registry, but how will this help Clak?

[quote name='Knoell']You must be drunk. In both of these threads your sense of who said and started what is discombobulated.

All I stated is that your articles consistently state that enforcement is the issue and that I think more laws (especially a registry) won't do much if they aren't enforced like the existing ones aren't.[/QUOTE]
ORLY? I must've been so drunk out of my mind that I imagined the mention of straw purchases in the articles!

Hell, I must've been smoking some serious meth while rolling on E when I mentioned how different municipalities have different rules in regards to gun sales too! It must've been the LSD that I dropped that made me imagine the NYT article that talked about it!

I think we should require background checks and registration for voting.

Hell, we should require background checks and registration before you're allowed to speak freely in public, practice a religion, or be protected from an illegal search.

Maybe, once a year, we should just have to go to a central processing center where the government can process paperwork on us all and determine if we get to be free for the next year or if they want to go ahead and lock us up.

Who needs freedoms and rights anyway?

[quote name='UncleBob']I think we should require background checks and registration for voting.

[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you voted? We basically already do this, at least everyone except North Dakota (unless that has recently changed). Calling them background checks is probably a stretch but you have to meet certain qualifications in order to register, much like a gun permit. A person can also be purged from the registry or not allowed to register, felons in prison for example. It's a right just like owning a gun is, but pretty much every state will block you from voting (or at least claim to) if you are not registered or don't meet the qualifications to be registered.

Every time I go to buy a gun, I have to show my photo ID. That I had to pay the state for.

I say we require that for voting.

(PS, I've never actually bought a firearm, but I've sold many.)

With the tragedy behind us, can we at least all agree on this- thank God there will be about 800% fewer people with that annoying ass Boston accent on TV. If I have to hear one more person pretend like the letter "r" doesn't exist, while replacing it with a nasally "ahhhhh" I'm cancelling cable.

That blasted Canadian foreign policy....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...arts-plot-to-blow-up-us-canada-rail-line?lite

Canada thwarts plot to blow up U.S.-Canada rail line

Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced the two accused, Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, of Montreal, and Raed Jaser, 35, of Toronto, were conspiring to carry out a terrorist attack against a "VIA Rail Canada" passenger train. VIA runs trains in partnership with Amtrak.

The men were receiving support from al-Qaeda elements in Iran, according to officials, who added that there was no information to indicate the support was state-sponsored.

I like how so many conservatives don't seem to give a fuck that Dzhokharis an American citizen, with all the rights that go along with citizenship.

[quote name='Clak']I like how so many conservatives don't seem to give a fuck that Dzhokharis an American citizen, with all the rights that go along with citizenship.[/QUOTE]
They don't give a fuck because he wasn't born here; that's the only citizenship they recognize or care about.

[quote name='UncleBob']Every time I go to buy a gun, I have to show my photo ID. That I had to pay the state for.

I say we require that for voting.

(PS, I've never actually bought a firearm, but I've sold many.)[/QUOTE]

Again, this is also required to vote, or at least in my state it is. And yes is had to be a government issued photo ID. I've never bought a gun either to be honest, perhaps it's much more like voting than I thought...

There are those who think it should be illegal to require someone to show a government issued photo ID in order to vote because it infringes on their right to vote.

Some of these same folks think it should be required for someone to show a government issued photo ID in order to buy a firearm because something something right to something something...

So I was looking at the hearing transcripts they did in the hospital room. His public defender is William Fick. He has been an Assistant Federal Public Defender for almost 7 years. He went to Yale law. Man if you are going to get representation it sure is nice to get a Yale grad I guess.

His next court appearance is not till May 30th.

[quote name='Clak']I like how so many conservatives don't seem to give a fuck that Dzhokharis an American citizen, with all the rights that go along with citizenship.[/QUOTE]

Besides Miranda, what rights are being infringed?

Edit: And before everyone jumps down my throat, I am really asking. I haven't been paying attention since he was caught and not mirandized.

[quote name='Knoell']Besides Miranda, what rights are being infringed?

Edit: And before everyone jumps down my throat, I am really asking. I haven't been paying attention since he was caught and not mirandized.[/QUOTE]

I assumed he was talking about some of the idiotic stuff people are saying, like that he should just be executed or denied health care...

With every post bob makes it just reinforces the idea that he doesn't "get" it at all. To equate buying a gun to voting, that's just....I don't even know. I guess in bob's world logic doesn't work the same way as it does for the rest of us.

Clak - you're right. I totally see it now. Some rights are more important than other rights. I like when our government picks and chooses which rights are important and which aren't.

Thought I'd drop this in here.

http://politicker.com/2013/04/senat...based-torture-im-just-speaking-for-greg-ball/
“All I can tell you is what I would do as an American. If we saw what just happened where we had men, women and children–a child–killed,” he said at one point, for example. “I can tell you that as Greg Ball, if I felt that torture–whether it be making them listen to music at night, or using a baseball bat–would save one innocent life, including that of a child, I would use it. But I’m just speaking for Greg Ball.”
I'm not going to include any political affiliation, I think we can figure it out. ;)

That would be torturing an American citizen btw.

[quote name='Clak']Thought I'd drop this in here.

http://politicker.com/2013/04/senat...based-torture-im-just-speaking-for-greg-ball/

I'm not going to include any political affiliation, I think we can figure it out. ;)

That would be torturing an American citizen btw.[/QUOTE]

Have we really lost ourselves this much that an elected official is outright supporting torture? He doesn't even dip his toe in the waterboarding debate but rather outright states the use of a baseball bat as torture... So much for the politician's oath of office requiring them to support and defend the Constitution...

By the way, I wonder what his stance on drone strikes is? Particularly in light of him mentioning the deaths of innocent men, women, and children...

Ends justify the means, at all costs?

Diane Sawyer will interview America's top War Criminal tomorrow can't wait to see that

So we deport Nazi War Criminals ( even tho they hold citizenship in the USA ) for trial, yet a man who is also a war criminal and actions against our Constitution as treason, gets a library build under his name and live happily ever after in the United States just because he is a "citizen"

Imagine that

[quote name='Clak']Thought I'd drop this in here.

That would be torturing an American citizen btw.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that at least he's not bullshitting us. I can guarantee he's not the only politician with the same view, he's just the only one with balls enough to speak it.

[quote name='Access_Denied']All I can say is that at least he's not bullshitting us. I can guarantee he's not the only politician with the same view, he's just the only one with balls enough to speak it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that he isn't the only one, but I can't think of any others right this second.

[quote name='UncleBob']Clak - you're right. I totally see it now. Some rights are more important than other rights. I like when our government picks and chooses which rights are important and which aren't.[/QUOTE]

HAAAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHHA....:applause:

[quote name='UncleBob']Clak - you're right. I totally see it now. Some rights are more important than other rights. I like when our government picks and chooses which rights are important and which aren't.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='egofed']HAAAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHHA....:applause:[/QUOTE]

Are you guys being serious? This happens pretty regularly throughout history. It's why you can't call someone you don't like and threaten to kill him/her.

You can argue for a completely free gun market (I'd be interesting in reading it), but most people throughout history agree that our rights are subject to scrutiny.

[quote name='willardhaven']but most people throughout history agree that our rights are subject to scrutiny.[/QUOTE]

As they should. People make these rights out like they were given to us by God instead of created by regular individuals a few hundred years ago. Times change and what worked then may not work now. These should be questioned and tested, and if changes need to be made to make this country a better place, then so be it.

But jeezus, why do people hold the founding fathers as this untouchable unquestionable force of patriotism that nobody in the rest of history will be able to have more reasonable views than?

bread's done
Back