2014 Yardsale thread

[quote name="Neuropod" post="12123352" timestamp="1411843140"]
And finally a big purchase that I'm still not really sure about. I paid $100 for this unlocked iPhone 4S 8GB. Wasn't really sure what it was worth so I called my sister who I thought was the family iPhone expert, and she said it should be worth about $300 - clearly that's not the case but at least I didn't get ripped off. I might keep it as an upgrade to my aging android phone instead of flipping it like I originally planned to. At least it has the box & charger and is in damn near mint condition.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you got, but there was no 8gb iPhone 4s. It started at 16gb.

The 8gb came out once the 5 was out as a budget option. Just like the new 8gb 5c. I should know, I troubleshoot them for a living.

Went to the rich part of town, had to take a bus most of the way, and didn't find anything video game related. The houses over there were just bonkers compared to the regular houses I usually walk past, so it was worth a sight. Anyway, saw a flea market by a church with an animal adoption clinic. Bought for $1 each: Fight Club (with that fancy packaging), Das Boot (Dual sided disc very nice condition), and Gamera: Attack of Legion. Walked around the block for a multi family sale, saw some sealed 24 seasons ($5) but didn't want to buy them now. Another sale had a microscope and a very nice condition Sanyo tape deck. Went to another block sale, didn't see anything worth of note, except maybe Starcraft II.

[quote name="Neuropod" post="12123558" timestamp="1411852521"]I think you are mistaken. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939

The model # is A1387 and even Apple's site says it came in 8GB. Oh, and

attachicon.gif
Img_0822.jpg[/quote]

Wow, I guess I missed the release. Sorry.

That store is doing it wrong then b/c GS sells Modern Warfare 3 on 360 for $10 and can barely keep it in stock.
It was the old version. Without the maps or whatever. This one: http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00503E8S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411915878&sr=8-1&keywords=mw3+360

That store is a gold mine when they have something good. They are a discount store similar to Big Lots. I forgot to buy my tea there. Usually I buy 15 boxes when I go there to last me the year.

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone. Eventually I'll get some stuff posted. I plan to catch up today with pics (then I can pput the stuff away and start posting some old stuff).

It was the old version. Without the maps or whatever. This one: http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00503E8S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411915878&sr=8-1&keywords=mw3+360

That store is a gold mine when they have something good. They are a discount store similar to Big Lots. I forgot to buy my tea there. Usually I buy 15 boxes when I go there to last me the year.

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone. Eventually I'll get some stuff posted. I plan to catch up today with pics (then I can pput the stuff away and start posting some old stuff).
Yeah the normal version of MW 3 is $10 at GS. They have been hit hard by people fleeing Ghosts for the older CoD games.

CoD 360 used prices at GS:
CoD 2- $13
CoD 3- $10
CoD 4- $10
CoD WaW- $18
CoD MW 2- $18
CoD BLOPS- $30
CoD MW 3- $10
CoD BLOPS 2- $35
CoD Ghosts- $30

I went to a few sales today and only found this GB lot. Sadly, no Resident Evil game or GBA games. The pocket works great though so I may sell my GB fat and keep this one. The lady mentioned somebody passed on it earlier so I wonder if I missed out on other stuff.

$10

I have no clue what that 3d2 battery pack is so it might just get recycled.

Last edited by a moderator:
That 3d2 battery pack goes to a set for the first game boy advance. That clipped into the battery comportment (yes, sticking way out and making it a little awkward to hold) then there was a light that clipped on the gba with an adjustable arm, and that plugged in one side of the battery and the wall charger plugged in the other side.

Found a few decent games today. The victory was sweeter because I beat "My Enemies" (the two old guys that resell...although they seem to have backed off since I put them in their place) to them even though they beat me to the sale. I saw some PS2 games and DVDs on a shelf and boxed them out. I could hear them shuffling stuff on the table slightly behind me while trying to look over my shoulder, but I kept my hands on everything so even if they could reach, they wouldn't be able to grab anything. haha.

slow's adventures: (read if you are into drama with other buyers/sellers - This one is a douche update) 
Saw the douche (that threatened to beat me up) today (he must not have recognized me). He started to talk to me as I was leaving a sale and asked if I buy video games and if I resell them. (I had bought a junk game at the sale for 50 cents).

I said "yes, I collect them."

douche: Are there a lot of sales today? Did you find any games?

slow: Yeah there are some sales today. I bought a lot of games today.

douche: (looks pissed and does not hide it well)

He then said he had a ton of n64 games- a big box and asked if I would be interested.

slow: "Yes if they are cheap".

douche: "$5 each".

slow: That is more than I would like to pay unless they are something decent.

douche: I have Zelda and smash brothers

slow: Yeah, I would be willing to spend $5 each on those.

douche: Those are worth at least $30 each! That is all you would pay!?

slow: That is the price you offered and yes I would be willing to pay your asking price.

douche: I have the boxes too.

slow: Well yeah I would definitely be willing to pay $5 each for them.

douche: OK, see ya...starts walking away. (since he was just feeling me out trying to gather info and I know he wasn't selling those games for $5 each)

slow: Your name is _____, right?

douche: (Looks surprised) How did you know my name? (looks at his friend who also looks surprised. This guy was also with him when I got my "crazy lot" -still not posted)

slow: I keep tabs on all the game buyers in the area.

douche: (to his friend) I remember him. He is the guy that is at SAVERS all the time!

I walk away to my car and as I am driving by he says "Jerk!" and gives me the finger.

I respond with the finger out my window as I drive down the street and leave them in the dust. :wave:

I love when these guys think they are slick. I didn't mind wasting the time because I was already done for the day. ;)

:bouncy:

That is awesome.  I rarely have any interaction with competition, we just exchange glares and move along.

Maybe I've forgotten or maybe I just wasn't paying attention...... how did you find out the guy's name?

That is awesome. I rarely have any interaction with competition, we just exchange glares and move along.

Maybe I've forgotten or maybe I just wasn't paying attention...... how did you find out the guy's name?
He copied my ad for buying games and he put his name in it. I know most of my other competition's names because generally we get along. So it was deduction, I guess.

I've also been doing this for over 20 years in the same general area (with a few years in other areas), so when someone new comes into the mix, I either see them on a regular basis or overhear them at sales. I always pay attention to what people are looking for because it either clues me into something that may be valuable that I am unaware of, or it indicates who is into the same stuff. I never leave a sale empty handed, even if I only leave with information. 8-[ :ninja

slow's adventures: (read if you are into drama with other buyers/sellers - This one is a douche update)
Saw the douche (that threatened to beat me up) today (he must not have recognized me). He started to talk to me as I was leaving a sale and asked if I buy video games and if I resell them. (I had bought a junk game at the sale for 50 cents).

He then said he had a ton of n64 games- a big box and asked if I would be interested.

slow: That is the price you offered and yes I would be willing to pay your asking price.

douche: OK, see ya...starts walking away. (since he was just feeling me out trying to gather info and I know he wasn't selling those games for $5 each)

douche: (Looks surprised) How did you know my name? (looks at his friend who also looks surprised. This guy was also with him when I got my "crazy lot" -still not posted)

douche: (to his friend) I remember him. He is the guy that is at SAVERS all the time!

I walk away to my car and as I am driving by he says "Jerk!" and gives me the finger.

I respond with the finger out my window as I drive down the street and leave them in the dust. :wave:

I love when these guys think they are slick. I didn't mind wasting the time because I was already done for the day. ;)

flipbird3_thumb.jpg

Should've just smiled and waved as you drove away or just ignored them. Sometimes idiots get more riled when they see they're not actually affecting the person they're being a douche to.

Life has been a bit crazy lately so I'm falling behind on these posts. Unfortunately no pics this week, most of the stuff I bought is already on its way to the MAGFest warehouse.

First stop Saturday morning was a flea market/community sale down the street from me. I usually find decent stuff there, but this time all I saw were some crappy 360/PS3 sports games.

Next up were a series of sales in a series of neighborhoods about 20 minutes away. Kept asking about video games, but there weren't any to be found. Finally found some and I picked up a few PS2 games (Silent Scope, Winback, Jak and Daxter sealed, etc.) along with some PS1 memory cards, a PS1 Gameshark, and a couple of Weird Al albums for $20. When I asked about Nintendo stuff the man there mentioned his son has a bunch of stuff in the attic but he needs to ask about it. He then proceeded to bring out a nearly mint Super Scope in box as an example. He asked me to make an offer, I said $20, and he said he'd ask his son and get back to me. I'm not terribly hopeful about this paying off, but it's worth a shot.

A few houses later I ran into a friend from high school and college that does yard sales to collect old Pyrex dishes. She pointed to a guy selling a "Playstation," and it turned out to be a PS3 slim. I asked him how much he wanted, he told me to make him an offer, I said "$20?", and he said sure. A PS3 slim for $20! Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I get the feeling he didn't use it much so I'm not terribly worried. As much as I'd like to keep it, it's going to MAGFest since we desperately need PS3s.

Lastly I hit up a neighborhood sale near my house. I ran into a guy I've bought a couple of games off of before, so we chatted a bit and I picked up a copy of Deadly Towers in really nice condition for $2. He mentioned how he's waiting for the game collecting scene to implode so that he can buy bunches of games off of guys like me who have kids and are moving on, and I graciously replied that I've been playing games for 25+ years and I doubt I'll be stopping anytime soon. Then I walked up the street and found a complete Wii with 4 remotes, 2 of which had Motion Plus attachments, for $25 for MAGFest. I chatted a bit with the woman selling and then noticed there was a 3DS charger in the box. I gave it back to her saying she still might need it, then she mentioned she had forgotten about all the portable stuff her kids have. She said it was buried away somewhere, but I gave her my card and told her to give me a call if she finds.

So another weekend of stuff I'm not *terribly* excited for, but finding a PS3 slim for $20 was pretty cool and definitely a first. I've got a line on a sale with a bunch of Gamecube and Wii games for tomorrow, here's hoping that pans out!

He mentioned how he's waiting for the game collecting scene to implode so that he can buy bunches of games off of guys like me who have kids and are moving on, and I graciously replied that I've been playing games for 25+ years and I doubt I'll be stopping anytime soon.
It's funny the number of people who do have kids and move on though. I've gotten some of my best finds from people who are "moving on" because of a wife or maybe kids. I've also seen wives give the guy a dirty look when the guy says the wife wants him to get rid of it.

I did feel a little bawhen I bought some guys comic statues a few weeks back. Before I took it away he asked if he could open one of them up and take one quick look at it again before i pack it my car. I'm kind of surprised the wife didn't relent at that point and see if I would maybe give them their money back for it something, but she was like get that crap out of here.

People tell me that will happen to me eventually. I just laugh. If anything I will get more stuff. I still need to unpack my big Red Sonja statue I got delivered on Tuesday and I plan on eventually getting a Donkey Kong arcade machine so I can stop using MAME on my couch all the time.

Should've just smiled and waved as you drove away or just ignored them. Sometimes idiots get more riled when they see they're not actually affecting the person they're being a douche to.
I know. That was a misstep, I guess. I killed him with kindness at SAVERS and then he threated to kick my ass that day, so I figured this will show that I won't be bullied by some doofus . I smiled as I flicked him off though. (I didn't peel out or anything, I know the 'left them in the dust' comment sounded like I did, but I meant I drove off before they got into their car. He had to wait for me to pass him to get in because there were cars on both sides of the street.)

short story:

I saw a guy I have no qualms with at a sale last week. He talked to me and said "You are the game guy right?"

I said "Yes. Don't you buy games too?"

"No, I don't buy games."

"My mistake, I thought you were into gaming too."

----

Fast forward to today. I drive up to a sale and see him walking off with some wii games. I say "Hello and he says "Hi" back.

I left it at that, but I hate when people lie to my face.

I know that story sounds like a Harvey Pekar tale...sorry it wasn't exciting.

I did feel a little bawhen I bought some guys comic statues a few weeks back. Before I took it away he asked if he could open one of them up and take one quick look at it again before i pack it my car. I'm kind of surprised the wife didn't relent at that point and see if I would maybe give them their money back for it something, but she was like get that crap out of here.
Ooof. Something tells me that marriage isn't going to survive in the long run.

A few houses later I ran into a friend from high school and college that does yard sales to collect old Pyrex dishes. She pointed to a guy selling a "Playstation," and it turned out to be a PS3 slim. I asked him how much he wanted, he told me to make him an offer, I said "$20?", and he said sure. A PS3 slim for $20! Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I get the feeling he didn't use it much so I'm not terribly worried. As much as I'd like to keep it, it's going to MAGFest since we desperately need PS3s.
What happens to all the equipment you provide for MAGFest after it's over? Do you get any of it back?

Not looking good for sales tomorrow. Rain all day today and high temperatures in the upper 40's tomorrow. There are some community sales listed but the quantity of sales from even last week is a drastic difference.

Went to a few sales today but the only video game related stuff I found was a Wii in box with balance board and 6 shovelware games. They wanted $50 for it.

I passed on a shoe box full of yugioh cards. The lady wanted $.50 for a handful. Should I have grabbed the box? I have no experience with those cards.

I went out and hit 2 sales that started today and listed games in their ads. I was the first one at both sales (probably because it is 37 degrees outside), but I got some quality (rare?) stuff. Pics in 2017.

First time I've been out in a while. There was an absurd amount of sales out today. Found some good stuff. Came across of box of games and I asked how much one was and he told me to take the whole box for $5. Also came across Empty cases for

New Super Mario Bros :-({|= . 

Scream Collection - $2

Ring Two - $2

Season 1 True Blood - $2

Also the kid at one of the yard sales was going to sell me Donkey Kong for 3ds but his mom wouldn't let him.

I passed on a shoe box full of yugioh cards. The lady wanted $.50 for a handful. Should I have grabbed the box? I have no experience with those cards.
I'd say yes - some of the rare cards are worth a decent amount by themselves, and the rest can be bundled up and sold in a big lot if you don't know anyone who wants them. That's a good price unless they're in really bad shape.

As for my area today, it was mostly overpriced stuff, people asking $35 for a PS1 without any games and things like that. Ended up getting Mario Galaxy 1, Sly 2, Devil May Cry 1, and NightCaster (still sealed) for $2.50 each. Then picked up some PS3 games (Disney Universe, FFXIV A Realm Reborn, and Dungeon Siege 3) for $18 total. They originally wanted $10 each, still feel like I overpaid a bit.

Went to 2 sales today. The first had a few Wii games for $1 each and iron man 3 for $5. I picked up Boom Blox and some books/games for my son for $5. The next sale had nothing except for a brand new Mario hat and gloves for my son for $2.

Edit: thanks for the yugioh feedback. I have no idea if there were any rares. They were in OK condition but the corners were bent a bit. She said she had a ton more at home but her son didn't want to get rid of them all yet.

I wasn't planning on going out this weekend since it was rainy on Saturday morning, but then on Craiglist I saw there were alot of sales posted and turned out it was the annual Yard Sale day. I ended up at like 30 of them. I try to get out, but they drag me back in.

$6

Bunch of train DVDs

$10

Mario Sluggers Wii

Mario Strikers Wii

Wii Sports Resort

Morrowind Xbox

All were mint and complete. Left my number.

$1.50

Winnie the Pooh DVD

2 Different California Raisin wind up toys (like 4 inches tall each)

Left my number.

$5

A new but slipcover on the box is ripped Wacom Bamboo tablet. I have an old Intuos somewhere that I never use.

$5

Just Cause 2 - 360 complete

Just Case - 360 disc only

Dahken (or Draken or something) - PS2 complete

Left my number.

$40

I have to sort through it all, but I bought alot of 80's toys (all girls sadly).

Jem & the Holograms boxed

Rocker Barbies boxes

Big My little Pony Playset boxed

Small My Little Pony playset boxed

Cabbage Patch stuff

Multiple Barbie playsets boxed

Everything was pretty much either a dollar or two dollars except for the large My Little Pony set for $5 Some of the boxes are in excellent condition like the barbie and my little pony stuff where as the Gem box is pretty horrible. Most of the playsets are complete or have a few extras in there. Didn't go through them all though.

$3

WWE 2k14 for 360 - complete

$4

Modern Warfare 1

Modern Warfare 2

World at War

Far Cry 2

All for 360 and all complete

Left my number

$4

Big diecast mixing truck

Diecast soapbox race car in collector's case

$21

DS lite - excellent condition

New Super Mario DS

Cosmos PBS Documentary sealed

Probably should've passed on the DS lite but it was in really nice shape and has screen protector on the touch screen

50 cents

One of Voltron's legs (the yellow one)

Overall the one sale with all the Barbies and Gem made the day. Looking online it seems to be like 400+ in stuff since it has all the boxes, etc. I know it will take forever to sell it all, but I'll toss it on the shelves until then.

Sadly this was a day where I didn't find a single thing to keep for myself. I pretty much have the few things I'd keep (Just Cause, New Super Mario Bros, etc.) Why couldn't that garage with all the Barbie and My Little Pony have been a house with two twin boys and not girls. Would've been full of Transformers, TMNT, Voltron, etc.

What happens to all the equipment you provide for MAGFest after it's over? Do you get any of it back?
Nah, it stays with MAGFest at our warehouse for use at our other events. I get a little cash from the organization to spend on yard sale stuff, so it's not like I'm spending my own money.

I wasn't planning on going out this weekend since it was rainy on Saturday morning, but then on Craiglist I saw there were alot of sales posted and turned out it was the annual Yard Sale day. I ended up at like 30 of them. I try to get out, but they drag me back in.
You should start posting pics. Did you get the gem stage? I bought one at savers a couple years ago and it is pretty cool.

Life has been a bit crazy lately so I'm falling behind on these posts. Unfortunately no pics this week, most of the stuff I bought is already on its way to the MAGFest warehouse.

First stop Saturday morning was a flea market/community sale down the street from me. I usually find decent stuff there, but this time all I saw were some crappy 360/PS3 sports games.

Next up were a series of sales in a series of neighborhoods about 20 minutes away. Kept asking about video games, but there weren't any to be found. Finally found some and I picked up a few PS2 games (Silent Scope, Winback, Jak and Daxter sealed, etc.) along with some PS1 memory cards, a PS1 Gameshark, and a couple of Weird Al albums for $20. When I asked about Nintendo stuff the man there mentioned his son has a bunch of stuff in the attic but he needs to ask about it. He then proceeded to bring out a nearly mint Super Scope in box as an example. He asked me to make an offer, I said $20, and he said he'd ask his son and get back to me. I'm not terribly hopeful about this paying off, but it's worth a shot.

Lastly I hit up a neighborhood sale near my house. I ran into a guy I've bought a couple of games off of before, so we chatted a bit and I picked up a copy of Deadly Towers in really nice condition for $2. He mentioned how he's waiting for the game collecting scene to implode so that he can buy bunches of games off of guys like me who have kids and are moving on, and I graciously replied that I've been playing games for 25+ years and I doubt I'll be stopping anytime soon. Then I walked up the street and found a complete Wii with 4 remotes, 2 of which had Motion Plus attachments, for $25 for MAGFest. I chatted a bit with the woman selling and then noticed there was a 3DS charger in the box. I gave it back to her saying she still might need it, then she mentioned she had forgotten about all the portable stuff her kids have. She said it was buried away somewhere, but I gave her my card and told her to give me a call if she finds.

So another weekend of stuff I'm not *terribly* excited for, but finding a PS3 slim for $20 was pretty cool and definitely a first. I've got a line on a sale with a bunch of Gamecube and Wii games for tomorrow, here's hoping that pans out!
Niiiice. I've been dying for a PS3, and $20 for a slimmy would be the right price!

You should start posting pics. Did you get the gem stage? I bought one at savers a couple years ago and it is pretty cool.
I got some Barbie recording studios but no Gem stage. The 80's Rocker Barbies look like something that would be released today at Comic-Con.

I use to post pics in the Craigslist find thread, but it feels like it takes away from valuable sorting time. The stuff has really piled up this summer and my spare room is almost stacked up to the ceiling with stuff to sort through.

I will post a few pics of the better things. I'm keeping the Pee-Wee Herman doll for now. I was going to toss it on fleabay right away, but it looks pretty cool sitting next to my TV. Also looks like it might come alive and get me though.

I had a pretty good time yard saling on Saturday. Got a lot of good stuff for my collection, so if this is the last time I get to go for this year (and it may be) I can feel like I ended the season on a satisfactory note.

The first sale I went to was a multi-family one that advertised Wii and Nintendo stuff. When I got there I didn't see a Wii but there was a Gamecube and a box mainly full of sports games but featured some disc-only 1st party stuff. The seller was a kid who had looked up stuff on eBay, but his price were about half the going rate for the games I got. For $20 I picked up StarFox Adventures, Mario Baseball, and Pokemon Colliseum disc-only along with NBA Street Vol. 3 (with the Nintendo characters) and a few random sports games to use for boxes until I get ones for the good games. Not the best deal I've ever gotten, but I've been wanting to play those. Down the street I found a family selling kids movies for $1, so for $10 I picked up all of the DVDs pictured, mainly for my wife. Another house was selling PS2 games for $1 each, so grabbed Ecco and a Korean version of Herdy Gerdy for $2.

Next up was a sale that I knew had Wii and DS games. I got there and it turned out to be a former collector selling off a bunch of his stuff. I managed to get the stuff pictured below for $55, which is way more than I usually pay but I've really been big on filling out my DS and Wii collections lately. FF3 is still sealed, so I'm hoping I can make back a bit of money on that one, plus I really only needed the box for Lunar Knights. Additionally, I bought a few giant puzzles for my wife from a house up the street for $0.50 each.

And lastly I hit up a neighborhood sale that was on my way home. Struck out at most of the houses, though one guy mentioned having some PS1 and old Nintendo games stuffed away somewhere that he's going to look for for me (got his number, too). I mentioned video games at the last house I went to and they brought out this N64 lot. I got it plus the Psyduck pictured for $20.

So yeah, I'd say it was a pretty good end to the season. Now here's hoping all the people I passed cards out to over the summer end up calling me...

Now here's hoping all the people I passed cards out to over the summer end up calling me...
I've only ever had two people contact me after a yardsale (one this year and one last year). One the guy then said nevermind his roomate was gonna take the Nintendo stuff. The 2nd I actually got to go pick up more stuff which was cool.

I should start demanding their numbers. How about you give me your number and I'll call you lol.

Mike, seriously play Portrait of Ruin. It's probably my favorite Castlevania DS game.

Play it. Love it.
Oh, I have and I do. It's already in my collection (the only DS one I'm missing is Order of Ecclesia) and I mainly picked it up because my brother needs to the box and manual.

I've only ever had two people contact me after a yardsale (one this year and one last year). One the guy then said nevermind his roomate was gonna take the Nintendo stuff. The 2nd I actually got to go pick up more stuff which was cool.

I should start demanding their numbers. How about you give me your number and I'll call you lol.
Yeah noones ever called me back. But I guess ya never know, so I still leave my number.

I haven't posted in a while!!! Looks like I've gotta to make a major post to get caught up!

9-12-14

15048332550_8433aec6d2_b.jpg

I was on the way to work and found this sale. I was looking and asked if there were more Thomas figures. The lady went inside and brought out a small tote. After going through them, we found all the die cast Thomas cars and I asked how much. She said to make an offer and she would get a bag. I offered $10 and she said yes. My son was very happy to fill in some gaps in the collection. He was especially happy to get Kevin and Captain.

15231946051_157f5c7b14_b.jpg

I only bought this originally for one thing. A portable air compressor. however, it was in a box and the guy running the sale would only sell things by the box and they were $5 each. So I ended up buying the box for $5. In it I got a lot more than I thought and made it well worth it. There was a Hot Rod Magazine clock, Hand Driver set, sockets, drill bits, and a bunch more in tools. And I got my air compressor.

9-13-14

15212027296_b953bcce86_b.jpg

I pilled up and immedtialy saw a LARGE box of dvd and sets marked at $1 and $2 respectively. I only have $1 left and saw a 320 GB portable hard drive on the table marked $1. I looked at it and the seller said it had never been opened. I bought it. I got it home and there were name tags on it and some system files but it worked just fine!

15212034866_396c332420_b.jpg

This was from the sale I'd previously scored some of these books. I went back after seeing the ad on the local forums and he had finally found all his books. After looking through them, he said he wanted $15 but I countered with $12 and he took it. Here's the list:

d20 Cyberscape
d20 Urban Arcana
d20 Menace
d20 Modern
d20 Future
Traps and Treachery II
Fading Suns
Shadowrun 4th Ed
Digital Burn
Legend of the Five Rings: Oriental Adventures
D&D Oriental Adventures
D&D Expedition to Undermountain
D&D Eberron Campaign Setting
Eberron Sharn: City of Towers
Eberron Explorer's Handbook
Eberron Five Nations
D&D Races of Eberron
D&D Races of Destiny
D&D Races of the Wild
D&D Races of the Dragon
D&D Complete Warrior
D&D Arms & Equipment

9-20-14

15111309428_72996f1785_b.jpg

This was one of the first sales I hit. I ended up looking and immediately saw the xbox on the table. I asked how much and they said it was $10 but the disc drive doesn't open all the time. But it's the Modern Warfare edition so that's something. Also the controller and power brick were included. In addition, I found the 2 board games on the other side of their driveway. They were Guess the Gargoyle and Digimon the Board Game.

Afterwards, I offered $10 for everything and they took it. 

9-27-14

15204659387_327357bc87_b.jpg

I pulled up to this sale and started looking and found bunch of random games laying out. I started looking around and picked up some games and systems and asked how much. They told me $15 for everything and I countered with $10 and they took it. I ended up with:

SNES Console Only
SNES Controller (x2)
Genesis Console Only
Wii Console Only
Zombies Ate My Neigbors (SNES)
Gradius III (SNES)
Bubsy (Genesis)
Streets of Rage 3 (Genesis)
Sonic 2 (Genesis)
NHL 98 (Genesis)
Mortal Kombat 3 (Genesis)
Incredible Hulk (Genesis)
Jammit (Genesis)
Mystery Flying Edge Game (Genesis)
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (Gamecube)
Champions: Return to Arms (PS2) (case only)

Nice find on Streets of Rage 3, pretty rare item you found there.

That second clock you got in the box looks interesting.  What brand is it?

I'm actually in the middle of restoring a 60's or 70's Crown Royal advertising clock that I picked up a year ago.  I had to replace everything inside including the clock movement, circular fluorescent bulb & ballast and the in-line switch.  I kept the original cord which is kinda grungy, may replace it eventually.  Just have to re-finish the bezel and it should be like new.

Last weekend might've been the last one of the year. Supposed to be raining and high 40's / low 50's tomorrow morning. This season I wasn't rained out once since I started going in April. I only didn't go out for a few weeks in July when I was at SDCC and just stopped at a few on another weekend trip.

I'm kind of happy it is down since I'll be able to sleep in on Saturdays. No more 730 am. I will keep an eye on the weather to make sure, but it looks like it might be all over.

That second clock you got in the box looks interesting. What brand is it?
If I recall, it's by American Clock Company but I'm not looking at it right now. It plugs in just fine and runs. Very interesting looking clock though I thought as well. Nice bonus from all the tools.

Not doing yard sales alot now since I work full time and it's been cold the past couple weeks. Bought all of this today for $7 at a yard sale. $1 for each Jurrasic Park watch was probably too much but oh well.

T3sr7eQ.jpg

KHWPkao.jpg

bread's done
Back