Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
the DLC is multiplayer only and the multiplayer is dead
Cool, I can ignore it like I did with Hitman then.

Not all of it. The skins and skill upgrades are for single player. As is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer pack, which adds a new tomb map to the single player game. The skins are cosmetic and the skills are unlocked just through playing the game, so ultimately not necessarily worth it. The Tomb, though, adds a bit more to the game. There really should have been more like it in the game to begin with though.
So the TotLA is all that matters? It's only $3 so if the base game were $5 it would just be under $10 for all that I need. I'll wait around Xmas and see how thing go.

Keep in mind, there's a new version of SF4 coming out next year-- a few more characters/stages, balance updates, and Steamworks instead of GFWL. Super is still very good though, good port and the online works well.

Keep in mind, there's a new version of SF4 coming out next year-- a few more characters/stages, balance updates, and Steamworks instead of GFWL.

But it will take almost a year after launch to reach this price.

I wouldn't be in any rush to buy any GFWL game unless there's confirmation of support after they shut it down next year.

Tried castlevania demo. It isn't castlevania. I don't know if it gets better later, but not even the soundtrack was good. And I loved castlevania ost

Lastly, upcoming deals:

10/10-10/16:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - $14.99

Cubetractor - $4.99 (Was listed in original post as $9.99 and corrected by Tony in a later post)

10/10-10/13:

Street Fighter X Tekken - $7.49

10/13-10/16:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition: $7.49

Cheers,

Tony
Gracias! I imagine SSFIVAE would be fun for that price as I am a casual FG fan, but as a side effect it would let you buy the new Ultra Steamworks version for $15. Hmm.

Definitly getting Castlevania at 14.99, Street Fighter Vs Tekken is probably worth 7.49 but I hear multiplayer is dead
I just started SFxT and the multiplayer is sometimes a bit empty but there's an arcade feature where you can wait for someone to challenge you online. Usually I can get half a round in before the matchmaking system finds me someone to lose to. SFxT will be moving over to Steam in the near future and I believe was confirmed over at the capcom boards. If you can try to get the COMPLETE VERSION of SFxT as there are a bunch of characters that are part of a DLC pack + all the gems + all costume changes. If you're not OCD and don't need the extra characters then go buy the base games --it's still definitely worth it.

BTW --> if you're serious about playing these fighting games / interested I highly advise you to invest in a Arcade Fightstick. Some of them are daaaaaamn expensive but you can usually find some of the cheaper ones for around $30-50 that are of lesser quality.

For everyone interested in Street FIghter 4: Arcade Edition be aware that the Ultra *snicker* Street FIghter 4 version is coming out early 2014. Here are the new features that are included if anyone is interested. I believe if you have the SF4:AE its only $15 to upgrade plus you get all the previous DLC for costume changes. The ultra edition will be STEAM and not GFWL.

Here is a list of the new features coming with the Ultra version

• New Characters: Five new characters, including: Poison, Hugo, Elena, and Rolento, join the fight, complete with their own unique play styles, bringing the current roster count to a massive 44 characters.
  • New Stages: Six new battle environments: Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility, have been added for even more visual variety.
  • Rebalanced Gameplay: Direct fan feedback was gathered on all of Super Street Fighter IV AE’s original 39 characters and core system mechanics in order to achieve the most balanced Street Fighter ever.
  • New Modes and Features: Yet to be announced brand new modes and features further add to the suite of gameplay options.
  • Disc and Digital Delivery: Available as both a downloadable upgrade and full retail product, making it easy for veterans and newcomers to experience the fight of the century.
  • Complete DLC Costume Offering (retail or full download ver. only): Consumers who purchase the retail or full download version will also receive all previously released costume DLC for the Street Fighter IV series (a $40 value) for free, making it the most complete offering of the game ever

I've played a bit of SFxT online on PC and I usually get a good amount of people when it's the weekends.  Playing arcade mode and I'd get challengers pretty often, usually don't even finish arcade mode.  I don't ever fight against people who have a low rated computer though. It seems those with a lacking computer often lag the game more than playing someone across the USA.  Results may vary and I play from California. 

The game itself is pretty good.  DLC gems might be unfair but other than that the strategies of a fighting game are definitely there.  It's unfortunate that so many people hate it because of the on disc DLC fiasco, but that's Capcom marketing for you.  For the price I'd say both SFxT and SF4AE are worth it, moreso if PC users are granted the 15 dollar upgrade for Ultra SF4 which remains to be addressed. 

Street Fighter X Tekken Complete is a bit of a misnomer since the last set of costumes for all characters never saw a PC release.  There are ways to access them, but not legally.  I have not seen any response from Capcom Unity about their potential release.

I don't see Castlevania or Super Street Fighter 4 even on the dotw anymore. Looks like both were replaced with Tomb Raider.
SSFIV is supposed to be from Sunday to Wednesday. Waiting for CV myself though; it'll probably show up later today.

I was flying from Seattle to Florida yesterday. I just woke up. I'll be updating the OP shortly.

Apparently we're having some issues with the Castlevania pricing, I"m working remotely and will let you guys know when I've got an update.

Sorry about any confusion.

Cheers,

Tony

I was flying from Seattle to Florida yesterday. I just woke up. I'll be updating the OP shortly.

Apparently we're having some issues with the Castlevania pricing, I"m working remotely and will let you guys know when I've got an update.

Sorry about any confusion.

Cheers,

Tony
Hey Tony, Capcom is doing a huge catalog-wide weekend deal over at Steam. Will any of those be pricematched, or will you be having better deals for the same games in the future?

Definitly getting Castlevania at 14.99, Street Fighter Vs Tekken is probably worth 7.49 but I hear multiplayer is dead
Ever since that recent sale for SFxT, there seemed to be a drastic number of new players online than before. With the sale repeating, it seems like it would pick up a couple more players. Real fun game if you got a partner!

Near as I know, there has been no word on that title.

Current list of games having GFWL removed

I would stay away from the Capcom forums since they never answer and it's camped by resident White (or is that Brown?) Knight DarthEnder.

Since my copy of SF 4 Arcade Ed. is a physical copy, I'm of the belief I'm screwed from just 'updating', since I would need my GFWL live key to somehow be converted to a Steam one.  Sure I could get a 'Steam' key from these sales, but why should I have to rebuy the same version twice in an already large calvacade of Street Fighter 4 editions?

no im talking bout overal ur hardcore died since mkk or bioshock infinite u been saying if im going to play it now i buy sunasun is 75% + no matter what and lots of girl on the fly while mysterd who cares bout girls that must be why sunasun on all time work and ladies and get cheap sale reeally hardcore. hardcore is 75% off or gtfo u blur the lines
Seriously

wat wuz answer 1st time?
me said, " is there anyway you going to start patching ur old games to get rid of GWFL so your old games to last game with GWFL be playable after next July? Since I have alot your games and I like to play it with friends?"

codemaster reply "Microsoft have not officially announced any plans, at the moment, to close Games for Windows Live, so all GFWL games can continue to be played without hindrance at the current time.

Additionally most of our GFWL games can be played using an offline profile which is unaffected by the Windows Live service.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services"

me said, " is there anyway you going to start patching ur old games to get rid of GWFL so your old games to last game with GWFL be playable after next July? Since I have alot your games and I like to play it with friends?"

codemaster reply "Microsoft have not officially announced any plans, at the moment, to close Games for Windows Live, so all GFWL games can continue to be played without hindrance at the current time.

Additionally most of our GFWL games can be played using an offline profile which is unaffected by the Windows Live service.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services"
That sounds like a "No, screw you customers."

That sounds like a "No, screw you customers."
Actually, it sounds more like details for what is going to happen with GFWL are in flux. I don't think that the announcement was pulled because of the complaints of gamers. I think MS saw some complaints and backlash from a number of publishers and retailers.

Actually, it sounds more like details for what is going to happen with GFWL are in flux. I don't think that the announcement was pulled because of the complaints of gamers. I think MS saw some complaints and backlash from a number of publishers and retailers.
I mean, the guy could've just said they hadn't made any official plans/plans are in flux. Instead he said "Microsoft hasn't announced any plans to close GFWL," which is, um, not true, and then basically said since you can play the games offline it doesn't matter anyway. Plans could very well be in flux, but I don't see how you can get that from that reply.

I mean, the guy could've just said they hadn't made any official plans/plans are in flux. Instead he said "Microsoft hasn't announced any plans to close GFWL," which is, um, not true, and then basically said since you can play the games offline it doesn't matter anyway. Plans could very well be in flux, but I don't see how you can get that from that reply.
It's a customer service rep.. they don't know shit, so they give a generic response. The official response was that they want to patch GFWL out of DiRT 3, but nothing has been announced for their other games (although they are looking into them).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317429-the-steam-deals-cards-thread-v9-capcom-30-year-anniversary-deals/?view=findpost&p=11112900

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back