Amazon Year End Video Game Deals

Zurcamos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19944[/IMG-R]Amazon's Year End Video Game Deals sale highlights include:

:360::ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West $19.99
:360::ps3: Splatterhouse $25.99
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $16.99

iconamazon.gif
Year End Video Game Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jkam']Guys buy Enslaved seriously. It's a great game. Granted I bought it at Amazon for $25 and traded it back to them for $25...but it's a very worthy purchase at $20. Even if you just get it and play through it and re-sell or trade in you'll be glad you did. I agree the combat mechanics don't pick up until later in the game but the story and voice acting is top notch it kept me interested until it really took off. Overlooked gem.[/QUOTE]

I think i'm just going to rent enslaved, i agree that it seems worth playing though. Enslaved strikes me as a short game worth playing but probably not something i'm going to want to keep. Too linear to play again. I did cave and bought Majin during the black friday sale, i thought $22 was a good price :p Cheaper!

I did buy Knights in the Nightmare and Resonance of Fate ($15.99), i'm tempted to wait for Resonance to be cheaper too......

How is tekken 6 psp for 10 bucks?

It's cheap, but ordering that alone will cost about 17 bucks shipping and tax included.

Any impressions?

Man... the Lords of Shadow and FUII special editions are really tempting.:whistle2:k

I'm surprised by Splatterhouse dropping so low, so quickly.

Placed an order for Majin, then cancelled. I realized $17.49 could get me Darksiders and Death Spank from Steam, which I had decided not to get due to my backlog. Great price, but I just can't justify it right now.

Over a month ago I got the normal TFU2 for $12.50 so I got the CE for $40 and trading my standard in for $30, so for $22.50 for the CE I think it's worth it.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I liked the demo of Enslaved for the 360 but I went with the PS3 version because I heard there's a 3D update for it.[/QUOTE]

I was also looking at the PS3 version since Ninja Theory did Heavenly Sword. In IGN's review they said there are serious framerate slowdowns in the PS3 version. I'll wait for the game to drop between 10-$15 but I would have went with the 360 version.

[quote name='Rodster']I was also looking at the PS3 version since Ninja Theory did Heavenly Sword. In IGN's review they said there are serious framerate slowdowns in the PS3 version. I'll wait for the game to drop between 10-$15 but I would have went with the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

From a Google search:

GaIatasaray_35 says:

"Enslaved

Enslaved does not support native 3D when you pop the disc, however if you buy the DLC for it, both the game and the dlc becomes native 3D. There is an option within the game called 3D settings and in this setting you can adjust the amount of depth you want to see. There is a slider and the more you increase it, the more you see depth in the game. Also there is a nice reminder that it says the more you increase the depth, the less focus you can have while playing it.Or something like that.

I truly recommend this game in 3D. Although I just played the DLC in 3D, it was much better than playing in 2D and takes the game 1 more step further in the enjoyment department.

One last note is that the cinematic does not support 3D, but the menu does.

My rating for Enslaved is a B"

... So I'm hoping he's right and it's good, although you do have me a little worried.

[quote name='Rodster']I was also looking at the PS3 version since Ninja Theory did Heavenly Sword. In IGN's review they said there are serious framerate slowdowns in the PS3 version. I'll wait for the game to drop between 10-$15 but I would have went with the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I played through the entire PS3 version and never once experienced a framedrop issue. I did experience a slight issue where my character disappeared and I had to restart the game, but everything else was smooth with no issues. This is honestly the reason I don't listen to reviews anymore, as they always call out things I never notice. They often never update their reviews to mention changes after game patches, which is one of the biggest problems.

I want Knights of the Nightmare, but I don't have prime... Might see if there's something I want to pick up with it.

Want Majin at that price, but for PS3 =(

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Damn, if they had the 360 version of the Castlevania CE I totally would have picked it up :/[/QUOTE]

I agree with this guy.

And I'll wait for te star wars CE to drop more. :D

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Really wanted Castlevania for 360. Why are they not dropping the price on the 360 version? Any opinions on which version is better?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is 'better,' and it was the lead platform. In the end, I guess it really doesn't matter if the 360 is the only one you own. The game still plays fantastic on either system.

I'd recommend Majin for sure at that price, but be warned that there is no replay value whatsoever and time for a platinum is like 17 hours.

Enslaved I can't recommend at it's current price. No replay value at all and can be beat in 7 hours easily. combat is just boring too. It's an okay experience but I recommend you just rent beat and return it.

I highly recommend Majin and Enslaved at those prices. They are two of my favorite games this year, and have the potential to be GOTY for some people. Also, both games are much better than their demos.

For what its worth, The 360 version of Enslaved also supports 3D. I don't know how I feel about buying dlc just to unlock it.

Highly recommend Majin at this price. Only took me roughly 12 hours to get the true ending. Also, Amazon's TIV for the game is $16... easily bought, beaten, and traded back in for $1.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I played through the entire PS3 version and never once experienced a framedrop issue. I did experience a slight issue where my character disappeared and I had to restart the game, but everything else was smooth with no issues. This is honestly the reason I don't listen to reviews anymore, as they always call out things I never notice. They often never update their reviews to mention changes after game patches, which is one of the biggest problems.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you're just a terrible, terrible judge of framerates then. There are plenty of times, as witnessed by both fps counts done by websites and by myself this week, where the PS3 version framerate is in the teens. It's a slideshow at times, and mediocre at its smoothest. Sorry you have no standards bro.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Highly recommend Majin at this price. Only took me roughly 12 hours to get the true ending. Also, Amazon's TIV for the game is $16... easily bought, beaten, and traded back in for $1.[/QUOTE]

How long do I have to trade-in with Amazon after I lock it in?

I'm so glad that I waited for Castlevania. I've been keeping my eye for the price to drop for awhile. I'm still on the fence for Majin.

One more thing, the surround sound in Enslaved is totally jacked up. Sound cut out during fights for me like 3 times and during at least 2 cut scenes the sound was WAY off from the character animations going on. Just incase anybody here uses surrond sound fir all their games.

This is for the ps3 version of the game not 360 .

Picked up Majin thnx for post
EDIT: Just realized I had a 10$ credit from cataclysm, total for Majin was 7$ great deal.

[quote name='whitereflection']How long do I have to trade-in with Amazon after I lock it in?[/QUOTE]
you have 7 days to ship but only 6 days to print label from the day you lock in the price.

Got Knights in the Nightmare even though I need another game like I need a hole in the scrotum. The CIA is investigating me because they heard I am stockpiling games.

Waiting for a $10 price on Majin and Enslaved. 2010 was the year of the $10-and-under game (Bayonetta, Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect 2, Prototype, Dante's Inferno, God of War Collection, Infamous, Killzone 2, Crackdown 2, Uncharted, etc.) so you know it's going to happen.

[quote name='$hady']you have 7 days to ship but only 6 days to print label from the day you lock in the price.[/QUOTE]

So if I order Majin right now, lock in the price, it takes three days to ship to me, I'll only have four days left to ship it? And I'll probably lose another two days because of Christmas weekend?

fu2 was pretty bad, platted it 100% w dlc in 2 days. also i got splatterhouse and the tiv is only .75 cents less so its a good rental, problem is even 2 day shipping wont be here til 29th, ouch.

Enslaved is not bad. Very fantastic production value. The game is VERY similar to the first Uncharted. (gameplay, trio of characters, environments, short…)

So tempted with C:LoS CE, but anyone here think an eventual GOTY edition will come out now that the DLC's have been announced? I'm thinking I'd rather have those extra stuff on disc.

great deal traded in my 360 Castlevania for $30 and picked up PS3LE for $40. I was tempted on TFUII but ill wait for it to drop lower

[quote name='youenvy']fuck it im picking up naruto

and inception-now $6 for the dvd or $14 for blu ray.mmm[/QUOTE]
The BD still shows $18 for me. However, A-Team and Expendables for $13 each on BD. Yes please. :bouncy:

Edit: The Other Guys is $13 too!

[quote name='Blumpkin']The BD still shows $18 for me. However, A-Team and Expendables for $13 each on BD. Yes please. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

sorry bout that here you go

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Get the free VOD credit of $5 then rent a movie from the qualifying list and get a $4 dollar credit towards that Blue Ray or DVD.

Pulled from SD:
Free $5 Amazon Video on Demand Credit (Twitter Account Required)
Tweet and get $5 from Amazon Video

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_354933362_2&docId=1000646031

• To receive this offer, you must sign up to follow Amazon Video On Demand on Twitter and tweet the above message between December 23 at 2010, at 12:00 AM PST and January 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM PST.

Rent Inception [amazon.com]title through Amazon Video On Demand and get $4 off your purchase of the DVD or Blu-ray [amazon.com]= $13.99

Plus Rent a $.99 movie like Toy Story 3 and get $4 off Blu-ray or DVD = $9.49 Full List see link below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1284630742&pf_rd_i=16261631[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
i had $111 amazon credit on monday... and now i have $20. lol wtf. luckily i found some new junk books and games to trade in and will soon be getting $100. hell yes amazon, hell yes.

bread's done
Back