Amazon Year End Video Game Deals

Zurcamos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19944[/IMG-R]Amazon's Year End Video Game Deals sale highlights include:

:360::ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West $19.99
:360::ps3: Splatterhouse $25.99
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $16.99

iconamazon.gif
Year End Video Game Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I wasn't going to buy anything but KITN for $15 with a free game is too hard to pass up, plus it's Atlus. Hopefully they still have copies when I get home later.

Also question, can I stack multiple promitions? I got a $5 credit from buying a movie a few days ago and if I can stack on that with the $5 twitter deal I would have $10 which I can use to buy something off VoD for cheap with my KITN deal.

I'm going to try Naruto out, I'll send it off to Gazelle in a month and be out only 79 cents.

I still have my PS3 Majin from BF still unopened. I thought the TiV would increase a little seeing that it was so new. I'll get around to playing it eventually.

EDIT: I really enjoyed Enslaved. I got it earlier at $25. It's kind of a melting pot of other games as far as gameplay (a little PoP, a dash of GoW, and there's even some chest high walls for good measure) but they mesh really well together.

I was checking out trade in values. For the PS3 version of Castlevania Lord of Shadows the trade in value for the limited edition is $4 LESS than the value of the standard. Thats funny

[quote name='Xenogears']I was checking out trade in values. For the PS3 version of Castlevania Lord of Shadows the trade in value for the limited edition is $4 LESS than the value of the standard. Thats funny[/QUOTE]
It's not as funny as seeing the standard edition sell for $10 more. j/k

Thanks OP picked up Majin, Enslaved and Knights. I was going to late for a cheaper price on Enslaved but everyone's positive comments about it persuaded me to pick up.

Bought Knights. I would of held off but getting a game that costs $14.99 for free with another game that is on sale for $14.99 is a no brainer for me. Plus it's Atlus.

[quote name='ddp72984']splatterhouse is totally worth the 25 bucks. Hell, buying one game from the original trilogy is about 30 bucks on ebay easy[/QUOTE]

As someone who owns a Turbo Grafx-16 and its butchered port of the original, it's worth $25 to me just to have the uncensored arcade port without PC pirating.

I bought enslaved for $59.99 and am not regretting it.

I was going to buy Majin for $39.99 the pre-order price, but I had such a large backlog, still do. Glad I got it for 16.99 though.

Damn it...I'm going to stop buying games until they reach the $20 point...Picked up enslaved a couple of weeks ago for $26 on amazon....No more :p.

[quote name='EarthKing']Damn it...I'm going to stop buying games until they reach the $20 point...Picked up enslaved a couple of weeks ago for $26 on amazon....No more :p.[/QUOTE]
That's not a bad idea. But when you consider online sales often have additional factors or incentives, it's a hard practice to follow. Like I bit on the Lords of Shadow CE after deliberating through the pros and cons. I had $75 in promotional credit, but wasn't sure if I should spend it and risk the possibility that it could sell for less in the future. Then I thought to myself, it would be worth getting now, and if it ever sold for less I'd buy it then as well. :cold:

[quote name='sadboy']That's not a bad idea. But when you consider online sales often have additional factors or incentives, it's a hard practice to follow. Like I bit on the Lords of Shadow CE after deliberating through the pros and cons. I had $75 in promotional credit, but wasn't sure if I should spend it and risk the possibility that it could sell for less in the future. Then I thought to myself, it would be worth getting now, and if it ever sold for less I'd buy it then as well. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Ya. I usually wait for that point anyway, but with amazon it's always hard to tell when the prices go back up...I usually wait for the $20 or the GOTY/Ultamite edition of games (like I predict that red dead redemption will get a GOTY edition soon with ALL the DLC included)...Since my main focus with games are the single player campaign, I don't mind waiting...Plus it helps me catch up with my backlog. I just wanted Enslaved that's why I bit for the $26 a couple of weeks ago.

I just finished beating Enslaved last night. (Rented it for free from UI's library). The gameplay/story itself was kinda meh, but I thought how the post-apocalyptic world was created was very well done. I guess I have the videogame equivalent of not really liking a movie, but totally appreciating the cinematography.

i think someone should start a thread where we all post what/how many games we've bought on amazon since black friday. i think ive bought 9. now if there was a thread that was just how many games you've bought in general since bf, mine would be 23.
wow, wtf.

I'm surprised at all of the love for Splatterhouse. It was pretty universally panned by critics. New game or not, a 60 metacritic score is not something i'm going to jump on because it's on sale...

Being the CE freak that I am, I had to bite on both Castlevania CE & SWTFU CE
I know for sure that at least one of them will go $30 or below in future but at that point, I will not have luxury to ask for a replacement - if mine comes with any damage at all.
And to me that is worth the extra bucks

[quote name='S_DOG34']I'm surprised at all of the love for Splatterhouse. It was pretty universally panned by critics. New game or not, a 60 metacritic score is not something i'm going to jump on because it's on sale...[/QUOTE]

Nostalgia.

[quote name='uscommander']Thread should be called games that are either overpriced or games that nobody wants.[/QUOTE]

here, have some more haterade, mr "im too good for castlevania LOS le AND 3d dot game heroes."

Picked up Castlevania LoS Collectors edition and GTA IV lock box set. I almost got singularity and Enslaved but I didn't want to spend anymore.

I'm tired CAG, gnite.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

lolol this was meant for here.

[quote name='uscommander']Thread should be called games that are either overpriced or games that nobody wants.[/QUOTE]
Originally, I had said it was mostly stuff we've seen on sale off and on since Black Friday, but I guess Cheapy knew what I meant better than I did, because he changed the title and replaced my post. Haha.

I'd get Naruto if it was the 360 version. I swear half the time Amazon only seems to have the PS3 version of a game on sale :/

I kind of wanted Majin at 40. I really thought about it when it was like 22 or 24. But for 17, and like 12 after a discount...I couldn't say no.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i think someone should start a thread where we all post what/how many games we've bought on amazon since black friday. i think ive bought 9. now if there was a thread that was just how many games you've bought in general since bf, mine would be 23.
wow, wtf.[/QUOTE]

30+ games for me. *hangs head in shame*

[quote name='thegreek']30+ games for me. *hangs head in shame*[/QUOTE]

lol. there there, its ok, don't feel bad...etc etc. mine will be be up to 27 in a few days so don't feel too bad.

Got Majin for 360. The story and graphics appeal to me. I imagine I will find it fun. Never even heard of the game before this thread.

I liked Splatterhouse on TG16, but mindless violence games don't do a lot for me anymore.

I'm slowly playing through Enslaved right now. The setting and mech enemies are done well. It the game looks appealing to you, it's probably a good buy at $20 or a good rental.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol. there there, its ok, don't feel bad...etc etc. mine will be be up to 27 in a few days so don't feel too bad.[/QUOTE]

i'm at 27.... and I also bought a PS3 from amazon on black friday. Also I got an extra PS3 Controller and the Energizer PS3 Controller charger stand.

i barely have enough to pay rent. i am so ashamed.

Between Steam and Amazon sales I think I'm right there with you guys.

I got a few PS3 games for xmas and just ordered Enslaved not to mention a huge Steam backlog growing each day of the sale.

[quote name='vze4kg9g']For what its worth, The 360 version of Enslaved also supports 3D. I don't know how I feel about buying dlc just to unlock it.[/QUOTE]

Damn ... I guess I should have looked into it more. I thought it was just an update not that I had to buy DLC to unlock it. That's lame. I hate DLC on a good day, nevermind when it's almost forced on you like that.

[quote name='whoknows']If I only get one game should it be Majin, Enslaved, or Splatterhouse?[/QUOTE]

Splatterhouse is going to be one of those games you see cheap everywhere soon.
The only thing I wish I would have gotten it for is that f'n mask that came with gamestop pre-orders but if I really want that bad enough I guess I can get it off of ebay.

However, Splatterhouse is going to easily be a sub $20 game in the coming months.

Out of the other two, I have never even heard of Majin until recently.
Reading the reviews on the game I, personally, am not going to pick it up until I get it it for maybe $10. I just don't see it holding value for long, and I'm sure Gamefly will have it cheap soon enough.

Enslaved seems to be the best game of the trio, getting great reviews from everybody - websites and gamers alike.

Well, I wanted to get Splatterhouse, Enslaved, and 3D Dot Game Heroes, but I think I will wait Splatterhouse out until it gets cheaper. I could get all three, but that would leave me a bit tapped out on money until next Friday, so I'll just stick with two.

Picked up Enslaved and will get Majin on Monday as Im hoping Amazon will match the B1G1 50% off sale. Then ill get that and some DVD box sets.

bread's done
Back