B2G1 Used @ EB/Gamestop B&M coming back soon...

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Not sure when specifically, but pretty soon. I found the marketing for it yesterday, and the marketing rolls over on Tuesday; I'll update when I know the specific dates. Just figured some of you might want to hold off on buying any used games you were waiting on.

update 03/25: as everyone has now said, it starts on april 2nd. glad i was able to give you guys a bit of a heads up.

Time to pick up more DS Games! And w/ 2 GS and an EB within 15 minutes of each other, I should find a lot to pick up. :D

Please keep us posted!

Resident Evil DS 24.99
Age of Kings 19.99
Tales of Phantasia 24.99
Peach 29.99
Kirby 29.99

All of these are in my local gamestop according to the locator, ill pick out the ones that are complete

[quote name='Weedy649']Resident Evil DS 24.99
Age of Kings 19.99
Tales of Phantasia 24.99
Peach 29.99
Kirby 29.99

All of these are in my local gamestop according to the locator, ill pick out the ones that are complete[/QUOTE]

No way Phantasia will be complete... if its anything like my local GS's, maybe 1 out of 20 DS games come complete.

Decent sale, but everything I want is spread out across many different stores, and I'm pretty sure I can get Tales of Legendia and Grandia 3 cheaper brand new in the coming months.

[quote name='starman9000']Does software etc. usually do these deals at the same time as well?[/QUOTE]

They've always had the same promotions in my experience.

Hopefully this'll be back at eb.com and you'lre be able to stack with the edge card. I picked up a ton of stuff in december when you could do that.

Awesome! This is what I have been waiting for, so I can grab Rez and Gitaroo Man from my local EB. They also have Tales of Symphonia, and some other titles I want. My wife is gonna be so pissed......

Sweet.Time to pick age of empires,marvel vs capcom 2,mario and luigi,soul cailbur dreamcast,kingdom hearts 2,grandia iii,metal gear 3 substance,shadow hearts new world and large batch of complete ps1 games.The eb and gamestop I know,younger kids always trade in game very quick,so I know their will be Kingdom Hearts 2 very soon.I can't wait for this deal.

So somone can confirm that this is started already?! If so, kickass as i have been waiting for this for a VERY long time.

Sweet. I was hoping they could have one at the end of April, so I could get BF2:MC, Burnout, and Far Cry, but I guess it will be happening a little sooner.

[quote name='abhinav']So somone can confirm that this is started already?! If so, kickass as i have been waiting for this for a VERY long time.[/QUOTE]

the op said SOON (not right now)

Can I buy two new games and get 1 old? (I want to get Tetris DS, and MP:H, then an old Nintendogs)

[quote name='Kirra']Can I buy two new games and get 1 old? (I want to get Tetris DS, and MP:H, then an old Nintendogs)[/quote]

If they are used games, then obviously you can do that.

[quote name='wbc1228']the op said SOON (not right now)[/quote]

Yes, but jimfoley said "It's back".

Let's take a gander at gamestop.com. 20% off used game for the next 18 hours.

And at ebgames.com ... Nope, no B2G1.

So, it's not back ... yet.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Yes, but jimfoley said "It's back".

Let's take a gander at gamestop.com. 20% off used game for the next 18 hours.

And at ebgames.com ... Nope, no B2G1.

So, it's not back ... yet.[/QUOTE]

Seems like we're all excited about this deal.

:)

[quote name='aaa']
[quote name='Kirra']Can I buy two new games and get 1 old? (I want to get Tetris DS, and MP:H, then an old Nintendogs)[/quote]
If they are used games, then obviously you can do that.[/quote]

I am speechless.

It's got to be in the next couple days doesn't it? Don't they give no avanced warning to employees to reduce the risk of having people hold off on purchases just to get 1 free?

Any employees know if that is how they do it?

[quote name='mackaikai']if this deal keeps coming once in a while...i don't see how i can convince myself to buy new games =D[/QUOTE]
I only buy new games if it's something like the CC clearance. Otherwise it's a really tough sell. I think I've got maybe a half dozen current gen games I paid more than $10 for and those are mostly all GC or GBA games (which don't come down like other platforms).

I stoped by a local GS while getting some errands done today and the deal hasnt started yet. Did spot some nice games that i'll snag when it does.

crap i just bought two used games yesterday. Any chance i can just bring the receipt when the sale starts and walk out with a third game? haha

I usually use this sale to buy used DVD TV Box Sets. You can't beat buying three seasons of great TV, only paying for two used ones. And with the used merchandise cards are handy here too. :D

[quote name='wbc1228']Seems like we're all excited about this deal.

:)[/quote]

It's definitely a good deal. If the Edge card stacks, used games for 64 cents on the dollar is a good deal.

Hopefully, the GS 10% off card will stack, too.

Typically, they start the sale on a Friday and end it on a Sunday.

Online, I doubt this deal with be any good. EB's online inventory is almost nil. In the past, there has been a limit on the number of games that could be bought online, but no such limit B&M.

As for Gamestop ... about 50% of their games come complete. My data from bulk purchases indicates a defect rate of about 10%.

Its about time they did this again. I love this sale and using the discount card with it too. Why buy new when you can get 3 games for the price of 2 and 10% off?

[quote name='the_gloaming']I usually use this sale to buy used DVD TV Box Sets. You can't beat buying three seasons of great TV, only paying for two used ones. And with the used merchandise cards are handy here too. :D[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for any other areas, but all the GameStops I go to have had the Buy Two, Get One Free promotion with DVDs for as long as I can remember.

[quote name='psincubus']what happens if you buy two get one free, and then have to return one of the games?[/quote]

I had to do this once. One of the games I had to buy needed to be returned. They put the wrong discs in the box, and I didn't catch it. It was supposed to be Parasite Eve 2 and I got Parasite Eve.

The store I purchased it from was about an hour from home. I took it to the local store and the manager let me return it as long as I took another game at least in value to the "free" one (so the B2G1 deal still ended up working out). I ended up getting something that cost $5 more, so the store ended up making a few bucks.

But, as many Gamestops are crap, YMMV with this.

TBW

[quote name='defiance_17']I can't speak for any other areas, but all the GameStops I go to have had the Buy Two, Get One Free promotion with DVDs for as long as I can remember.[/QUOTE]
I know my GS and EB ALWAYS has b2g1 free on dvd movies. I probably got about 50 dvd's from these stores in the last few months. Again, no need to buy new movies when these deals are out there.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I had to do this once. One of the games I had to buy needed to be returned. They put the wrong discs in the box, and I didn't catch it. It was supposed to be Parasite Eve 2 and I got Parasite Eve.

The store I purchased it from was about an hour from home. I took it to the local store and the manager let me return it as long as I took another game at least in value to the "free" one (so the B2G1 deal still ended up working out). I ended up getting something that cost $5 more, so the store ended up making a few bucks.

But, as many Gamestops are crap, YMMV with this.

TBW[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was able to return one of the ones that I paid for for store credit. So you essentially will end up paying the same amount, just not necessarily in the same transaction.

Well, I got $20 in EB credit, and been waiting to pick up Warrior Within (GC), Phantasy Star Collection, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, I was able to return one of the ones that I paid for for store credit. So you essentially will end up paying the same amount, just not necessarily in the same transaction.[/QUOTE]

i see. this gives me an idea. if you only want one game, you can buy 2 and get that one free, return the two for store credit, and use that whenever you'd like. would that work? haha

Haha, I remember last time Gamestop had this deal B&M.

I bought Dynasty Warriors 4XL, Alien Hominid, and Star Ocean TTET (all $17.99 each at the time SO was the free game). I play DW for about 5 minutes and then decide it sucks. I take it back and they ask me if I want to get a diferent game or my money back...so I gladly take the money. I then remember a certain game I wanted is coming out so I decide to see if I can return Alien Hominid and see if they'll let me put that amount towards store credit, and sure enough they do...so basically I got Star Ocean for free. Yay for me.

[quote name='psincubus']i see. this gives me an idea. if you only want one game, you can buy 2 and get that one free, return the two for store credit, and use that whenever you'd like. would that work? haha[/QUOTE]

We actually had a lot of people try this at our store the last time we had this sale. Basically, what most stores do (unless their manager/employees are complete douchebags) is that they'll let you return one game out of the three for store credit but if you try to return two games, you have to bring the third game back. At my store, if you try to return the game that you got for free, you have to pick another game on the spot...

[quote name='defiance_17']I can't speak for any other areas, but all the GameStops I go to have had the Buy Two, Get One Free promotion with DVDs for as long as I can remember.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the b2g1 free on used dvds is s permanent deal, but i often have trouble finding 3 dvd season sets that are the same price that i actually want to watch, when they run the b2g1 free on games in conjunction with the permanant b2g1 free on dvds, i just get say 2 dvd boxsets and then pick a game of equal value free, so the b2g1 free on games really makes a difference in the deals i can get at gs.

Will the gamestop card work at EB games now? or would i have to buy an edge card?

[quote name='dracula']yeah, the b2g1 free on used dvds is s permanent deal, but i often have trouble finding 3 dvd season sets that are the same price that i actually want to watch, when they run the b2g1 free on games in conjunction with the permanant b2g1 free on dvds, i just get say 2 dvd boxsets and then pick a game of equal value free, so the b2g1 free on games really makes a difference in the deals i can get at gs.

Will the gamestop card work at EB games now? or would i have to buy an edge card?[/quote]

Actually, the DVD promo is ending on the 21st. It's a new marketing period and they are actually going to end that deal. As far as they GS card working at EB games, I am not sure. I think it might at the newly converted stores, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='allout1986']Actually, the DVD promo is ending on the 21st.[/QUOTE]

right...just like it "ended" on the 27th last month, and started up again four days later. i'm pretty sure it's actually indefinite at this point, there are just several day long breaks while the promotions rollover. weird, i know, but that's how it is.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']right...just like it "ended" on the 27th last month, and started up again four days later. i'm pretty sure it's actually indefinite at this point, there are just several day long breaks while the promotions rollover. weird, i know, but that's how it is.[/QUOTE]

:)

This is reassuring, tho i suppose it could end at some point, but this has easily been consistently the only reason i shop at gamestop the past months, the dvd seasons deals can be nothing short of fantastic

Ok question. There are some gamestops around that have some games i really want. If i went tomorrow and bought them, and then the sale was within 7 days, could i take the receipt and get credit on a gift card or something for the free ones?

bread's done
Back