B2G1 Used @ EB/Gamestop B&M coming back soon...

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Not sure when specifically, but pretty soon. I found the marketing for it yesterday, and the marketing rolls over on Tuesday; I'll update when I know the specific dates. Just figured some of you might want to hold off on buying any used games you were waiting on.

update 03/25: as everyone has now said, it starts on april 2nd. glad i was able to give you guys a bit of a heads up.

[quote name='Jaket']This starts either april 1st or 2nd... can't confirm which, but i know it is one of the 2 for sure[/quote]
...And then the Cheap Ass Gamers emerge from their homes on April 1st to their local EBGames and Gamestops in hopes of getting that 3rd free game. But upon their arrival a sign was up for their eyes to see "APRIL FOOLS CHEAPSKATES!"

And then began the April 1st Cheap Ass Gamer Riot of 2006.

The End.

if this is april 1/2, I hope EB/GS will drop the used prices on the newly Greatest Hits'd GBA titles... those would make for an awesome buy 2 get 1 deal at under 35 bucks for all 3 :whistle2:D

[quote name='Vegastar']if this is april 1/2, I hope EB/GS will drop the used prices on the newly Greatest Hits'd GBA titles... those would make for an awesome buy 2 get 1 deal at under 35 bucks for all 3 :whistle2:D[/quote]

they'll be be dropped for sure.

I called my local eb and they said it has already started... Maybe he read his marketing papers wrong or something. I think he said it was going to run to the middle of april or something.

So, which is it? Already running or starting Sunday after next?

By the way, when was the last time Gamestop started a B2G1F sale on a Sunday or a Wednesday?

They tend to start B2G1F on a Friday and end it on a Sunday.

Damn it! It doesnt matter when it starts now. I had hidden Valkyrie Profile behind some other games and now its gone. I should have just bought it. Right now I dont know what I want so I can wait for this sale to start.

They had the advertisements out on the counter. I saw that the back page have an advertisement for B2G1 used. In fine print, it said the date started April 2nd

[quote name='asdfasdfasdf']They had the advertisements out on the counter. I saw that the back page have an advertisement for B2G1 used. In fine print, it said the date started April 2nd[/quote]

Thanks for the confirmation. Did it say when the sale would end?

Dang,the deals always come in bad timing.One of the gamestop and eb have Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II.Should I wait or buy it now?I can't exchange it yet because 7 days return policy.Still April 2 will be great since Kingdom Heart 2 will be out and I know someone will exchange it.Wow,I'm surprised, only a few days after release people already exchange Metroid Prime Hunters and Suikoden V.

[quote name='fatbeer']Dang,the deals always come in bad timing.One of the gamestop and eb have Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II.Should I wait or buy it now?I can't exchange it yet because 7 days return policy.Still April 2 will be great since Kingdom Heart 2 will be out and I know someone will exchange it.Wow,I'm surprised, only a few days after release people already exchange Metroid Prime Hunters and Suikoden V.[/quote]

it always happens. people are dumb when they buy games. im just waiting for a copy of oblivion to come in used so i can get my 20% off.

Rare PSX - The other day a guy came in and traded Tactics Ogre, Suikoden 2, and Valkyrie Profile.

Immediately EB displayed them and they were sold. :whistle2:( I was a day late. boohoo

Matthew

[quote name='aaa']How long so these sales normally last?[/QUOTE]

They normally last seven days from Sunday to the next Sunday

[quote name='xrickyb86x']it always happens. people are dumb when they buy games.[/quote]

Yeah. I put it on the Minnesota Deals Thread. I went shopping tonight in Roseville, MN, at the Gamestop. Low and behold, behind the counter - Xbox360 regular edition used for $279.99. THe idiot wasn't even courteous enough to include the box. I know he's still got it in his closet! He probably was one of the few who actually got it early too.

This is most likely YMMV, but I stopped at Gamestop today and they had the B2G1 sale already going. It wasn't advertised, but the employees were telling people as they came in. Something about not being allowed to hang signs yet.

I ran by a local EB and asked the clerk about their next B2G1 free sale. She said "Soon is all I can say."

BTW: If your EB still has used PC games, you may want to ask if they don't have the sign posted because the ones around here are still running the Buy 3 Get 2 free on the used PC games. I picked up 5 used PC games ($1.99 each) for just under $6.50. :}

[quote name='STATIC3D']I ran by a local EB and asked the clerk about their next B2G1 free sale. She said "Soon is all I can say."

BTW: If your EB still has used PC games, you may want to ask if they don't have the sign posted because the ones around here are still running the Buy 3 Get 2 free on the used PC games. I picked up 5 used PC games ($1.99 each) for just under $6.50. :}[/quote]

Sounds promising then.

[quote name='STATIC3D']I ran by a local EB and asked the clerk about their next B2G1 free sale. She said "Soon is all I can say."

BTW: If your EB still has used PC games, you may want to ask if they don't have the sign posted because the ones around here are still running the Buy 3 Get 2 free on the used PC games. I picked up 5 used PC games ($1.99 each) for just under $6.50. :}[/quote]

Well that does sound promising.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']This would be a great time to pick up a few 360 games.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan. The Gamestop near me (Cincinnati) confirmed the April 2nd date. I'm hoping I don't have to be at work before they open.

Yea, I'm totally going to capitalize on this deal. Grandia 3, Tales of Legendia, Kingdom Hearts 2, Suikoden V, and all the good PSP games I've been wanting. I'll be buying a PSP by the end of April, so I might as well take this opportunity to pre-build a library.

In sadder news, the other day I was in my local EB when I saw a used copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS2, complete and in pretty good condition. I didn't buy it! I could :twoguns: myself......

[quote name='the ender']

In sadder news, the other day I was in my local EB when I saw a used copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS2, complete and in pretty good condition. I didn't buy it! I could :twoguns: myself......[/QUOTE]

i still don't understand why people are paying 49.99+ for this game used! ;o

[quote name='sanjuro']Anyone know how much a used Phoenix Wright goes for at EB? I know it's $20 @ Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
EB is gone in all but name, so whatever it is at GS, it is at EB.

[quote name='the ender']Yea, I'm totally going to capitalize on this deal. Grandia 3, Tales of Legendia, Kingdom Hearts 2, Suikoden V, and all the good PSP games I've been wanting. I'll be buying a PSP by the end of April, so I might as well take this opportunity to pre-build a library.

In sadder news, the other day I was in my local EB when I saw a used copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS2, complete and in pretty good condition. I didn't buy it! I could :twoguns: myself......[/QUOTE]

It only sells for $100.00 easy on ebay, Nice job!:bouncy:

[quote name='shes_history']It only sells for $100.00 easy on ebay, Nice job!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

what is? marvel vs. capcom 2?

is that why people want it so bad on CAG?

[quote name='sanjuro']Anyone know how much a used Phoenix Wright goes for at EB? I know it's $20 @ Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Mention in the post below,since the merge of eb and gametop prices are almost simliar. I picked up a used phoenix wright at eb for $20 for cager.

[quote name='mackaikai']what is? marvel vs. capcom 2?

is that why people want it so bad on CAG?[/quote]

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is a fighting game made by Capcom.Capcom loss the Marvel liscense to EA.Thus,Capcom is unable to make anymore.As a result,the game become rare and very high demand going around $70-100 on ebay.

The dreamcast is vast superior version because it is almost a perfect port of the arcade version unlike the ps2 version riddle with problems.The dreamcast version is even better when you have the agetec arcade stick.Some people perfer the ps 2 version for the controller and convience rather than digging up dreamcast system.

[quote name='fatbeer']Mention in the post below,since the merge of eb and gametop prices are almost simliar. I picked up a used phoenix wright at eb for $20 for cager.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is a fighting game made by Capcom.Capcom loss the Marvel liscense to EA.Thus,Capcom is unable to make anymore.As a result,the game become rare and very high demand going around $70-100 on ebay.

The dreamcast is vast superior version because it is almost a perfect port of the arcade version unlike the ps2 version riddle with problems.The dreamcast version is even better when you have the agetec arcade stick.Some people perfer the ps 2 version for the controller and convience rather than digging up dreamcast system.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the great explanation!

i think that game is only going for ~50 dollars now on ebay..but still an amazing price for an used game... (i still like Marvel vs. Capcom 1 better than 2....6 buttons were so much better than the 4 buttons control in 2! )

When does the sale start? I thought it was April 2nd but on the way in to work this morning I heard an ad on the Radio. It sounded like it starts today.?

Edit......I just called GS and the guy said the flyer says it starts April 2nd. I asked him if I came in today and bought 3 used games could I bring them back and get credit? He said sure within 7 days and they haven't been opened. Guess what I'm doing at lunch. :)

I'm getting the feeling that this is starting at different times, which is making it very confusing. I might as well call over today just to check it out. A few 17.99 games are waiting for me.

I called an EB too, just to see. He didn't know anything about it. I said there's supposed to be a flyer out about it. It took him forever to find the flyer but it says April 2nd too. So, at least in southern Ohio...its April 2nd.

[quote name='Tmorg']Edit......I just called GS and the guy said the flyer says it starts April 2nd. I asked him if I came in today and bought 3 used games could I bring them back and get credit? He said sure within 7 days and they haven't been opened. Guess what I'm doing at lunch. :)[/QUOTE]

How can you not open a used game? :whistle2:s

Called EB & GS.
EB had no clue.
GS told me to call back tomorrow because it will be "any day now".
I just got a 360 like an hour ago and he told me this sale will include 360 games.

[quote name='Ecofreak']How can you not open a used game? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
EBGames (can't recall if GS does) stickers their used games with a seal you (theoretically) have to break to open the game. You could probably get the game out without breaking the seal if you really wanted to, but I've never actually tried. The tough part would be getting the disc off the post.

[quote name='Damian']EBGames (can't recall if GS does) stickers their used games with a seal you (theoretically) have to break to open the game. You could probably get the game out without breaking the seal if you really wanted to, but I've never actually tried. The tough part would be getting the disc off the post.[/QUOTE]
I absolutely HATE all those stickers EB puts on its used games. They are a pain to take off completely. I was talking to the EB employee and he said since they are bought out by GS, they are only putting on the price stickers now and not all those extra bullshit stickers all over the case. I am so glad. It seems the GS stickers peel off much more easily than the EB ones. Hopefully EB uses the GS stickers as well.

[quote name='addicted2games']I absolutely HATE all those stickers EB puts on its used games. They are a pain to take off completely. I was talking to the EB employee and he said since they are bought out by GS, they are only putting on the price stickers now and not all those extra bullshit stickers all over the case. I am so glad. It seems the GS stickers peel off much more easily than the EB ones. Hopefully EB uses the GS stickers as well.[/quote]

I second that. Those damn yellow stickers they put them all over the cases, and they are IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I usually end up replacing the cases b/c of that.

All the gamestops around here are using yellow ebgames stickers now. I was pissed when I bought a few things because it's impossible to take off the sticker cleanly.

bread's done
Back