B2G1 Used @ EB/Gamestop B&M coming back soon...

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Not sure when specifically, but pretty soon. I found the marketing for it yesterday, and the marketing rolls over on Tuesday; I'll update when I know the specific dates. Just figured some of you might want to hold off on buying any used games you were waiting on.

update 03/25: as everyone has now said, it starts on april 2nd. glad i was able to give you guys a bit of a heads up.

There are used games as low as $35 amped, but also a bunch in the $40-$45 range.

If the trade 2 360 games, get a new one free is still active, you could buy 3 for $90-10% or $81 then trade two for a new game.

Thus, you'll have a new game and a used game for $81...not too bad.

[quote name='vietgurl']The 30 days sounds great; will EB also start allowing returns for used items if you just don't like it?[/QUOTE]

Now that is something I would like to know and if it moves to 30 days it is going to be awesome because I don't buy anything new from Gamestop anyway.

I'm looking at Phantasy Star Collection, Warrior Within, and possibly Burnout 2... though I've decided the copy I got was decent enough, so I'd only get a second one so I can save a few bucks and return the other. Or if I can't find another ~17.99 game at my EB.

[quote name='vietgurl']The 30 days sounds great; will EB also start allowing returns for used items if you just don't like it?[/quote]

It's the defective warranty, not a play it and don't like it warranty. The play it and not like it/return for any reason warranty is still going to stay 7 days from what I remember.

I haven't heard anything about a Buy 2 Get 1 coming up, but maybe the OP is getting more info from his DM than we are in our area. I find it hard to believe that they would do a buy 2 get 1 when all of these new games are coming out but then again, they will have added traffic and people will be more likely to buy more games that way. Who knows.

Generally they dont tell the stores until the day of, or the night before so virtually all of the stores would not know yet. Generally info about these B2G1 sales has been very accurate when posted on here. As for doing the sale right now, its actually a great idea for several reasons. One, they have not done it in a while. Two, they need to clear as much inventory from both Eb's and gamestops as possible for several reasons (new systems coming out soon, tons of new games, also I am sure they will close some of the EB's and gamestops and move inventory to other locations). Three, this is a pretty dead part of the year for retail and businesses like this need any promotion they can sell to the customer, if nothing else just to get people inside the stores. Even if it does not start tomorrow, expext this sale very soon.

There is no doubt it will start very soon. Im just wondering about the post that said it started tomorrow. It would be nice to hear it from more than 1 person.

i went to EB today and the guy workin confirmed that they got paper work saying to be prepared for it because it is happening this month. he said it should start somewhere between 22nd - 28th but it is happening without a doubt.

[quote name='addicted2games']I put some games I want behind other games hoping they will be there if this sale starts tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You do know the cases are empty, right? And that someone can just ask the employee for the games by name?

I never even bother looking, I just ask them as soon as I walk in and if they have it, they go grab the case for me.

[quote name='Roufuss']You do know the cases are empty, right? And that someone can just ask the employee for the games by name?

I never even bother looking, I just ask them as soon as I walk in and if they have it, they go grab the case for me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know that, but if the case isnt in front of someone, I hoping they wont think about that particular game. Unless they are like me and use the online inventory system to see if the game is in stock.

I saw the marketing paper, and the Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Games/DVDs begins tomorrow 3/22, and goes through mid/late April. There is also another deal if you were to trade in any game towards a pre-order for any game coming out you will get an extra 10% trade in credit.

[quote name='tenzor']I saw the marketing paper, and the Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Games/DVDs begins tomorrow 3/22, and goes through mid/late April. There is also another deal if you were to trade in any game towards a pre-order for any game coming out you will get an extra 10% trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

gamestop or EB or both? (oh...you work at EB..so i guess u saw it at EB)

gosh, i hope Gamestop has the offer too =p i have the Gamestop card but not EB card ;(

[quote name='Roufuss']You do know the cases are empty, right? And that someone can just ask the employee for the games by name?

I never even bother looking, I just ask them as soon as I walk in and if they have it, they go grab the case for me.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for the poor employee who's going to have trouble finding the game case because it's hidden behind another game. :)

[quote name='mackaikai']gamestop or EB or both? (oh...you work at EB..so i guess u saw it at EB)

gosh, i hope Gamestop has the offer too =p i have the Gamestop card but not EB card ;([/quote]

should be both Gamestop and EB, since their marketing program/promotions are all the same now.

[quote name='tenzor']should be both Gamestop and EB, since their marketing program/promotions are all the same now.[/QUOTE]

thank you!

I just saw this at the gamestop site. Great news!!! can't wait to get out of work and swing by for my copies of God of war, RE 4, and shadow of the colossus.

Buy any pre-owned DVD or Game valued at $19.99 or more and receive second pre-owned video game or DVD valued at $19.99 or less absolutely free!

spop_step1.gif

ADD any pre-owned title, valued at $19.99 or more, to your cart. Next add one pre-owned DVD or game for $19.99 or less to your cart.

spop_step2.gif

Enter coupon code POB1G1 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page. Ignore all other coupon codes.

spop_step3.gif

PROCEED to checkout as normal & select your shipping method. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

I'm guessing this is in effect at the stores also. I'll call later to confirm.

[quote name='roselindo']I just saw this at the gamestop site. Great news!!! can't wait to get out of work and swing by for my copies of God of war, RE 4, and shadow of the colossus.

Buy any pre-owned DVD or Game valued at $19.99 or more and receive second pre-owned video game or DVD valued at $19.99 or less absolutely free!

spop_step1.gif

ADD any pre-owned title, valued at $19.99 or more, to your cart. Next add one pre-owned DVD or game for $19.99 or less to your cart.

spop_step2.gif

Enter coupon code POB1G1 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page. Ignore all other coupon codes.

spop_step3.gif

PROCEED to checkout as normal & select your shipping method. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

I'm guessing this is in effect at the stores also. I'll call later to confirm.[/QUOTE]

sorry to burst your bubble,but that deal already been posted.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86477

As I recall, the last time Gamestop had a buy 2 get 1 free, which was in the neighborhood of early January, EB was NOT mimicing it.

Also in the past, I dont remember such a deal lasting for more than maybe 10 days at the very very most. From now to mid april or beyond would be a first.

April 2nd is the date that the sale starts i believe.

My store recieved flyers today! As well as the b2g1 free deal, there were some other noteworthy deals as well. Off the top of my head there were some $40 games where if you purchased one, you recieved conker live and reloaded or Fable TLC for free. Also there was sonic gems collection for $15 on gamecube, and advertised GBA players choice games.

edit: i'm not posotive about the april 2nd date... i will try to get conformation later

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']As I recall, the last time Gamestop had a buy 2 get 1 free, which was in the neighborhood of early January, EB was NOT mimicing it.

Also in the past, I dont remember such a deal lasting for more than maybe 10 days at the very very most. From now to mid april or beyond would be a first.[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about that buy 2 get 1 free.It was same time when the Game Informer issue came out with the extra 10% coupon.I wonder is coupon expired of not?

The closest for the time period for the buy 2 get 1 free deal was Thankgiving week last year and a few weeks later there was another buy 2get 1 free deal

I got a hold of an EB Games in Athens, GA and they said they aren't having one.

Target S/C
3061 Atlanta Hwy
Athens, GA

Im going to try some other ones.

Just called EB and GS in Austin, nope.

One guy said he thought there is supposed to be a sale coming up on used games sometime soon, but wasn't sure when it was going to start.

[quote name='mackaikai']grrrrrrrr i woke up for this....guess it's not for today..back to sleep i go[/QUOTE]

Being awake is overrated anyway.

(ninja tag)

I'll be the only one to celebrate this sale being put off until a little later. Have a mountain of work here, and I had no idea how I was going to get to the stores!

Hopefully the deal lasts until late April. If it does, I will pass on Far Cry for X360, and pick it up along with Burnout and maybe BF2:MC if they have it in stock.

i went into the eb games here and asked if they or the gamestop stores were running the b2g1 free and they said they were not BUT they called gamestop and apparently gamestop is running b2g1 free on used PS2 games(only ps2 used games, and of course the b2g1 free on dvds)

The people at the eb games in westwood told me this, i have not confirmed this at any gamestops(yet) but i may swing by later, i want winning eleven 9 and some tv seasons

Called a couple gamestops near me and they are not running buy 2 get 1 free on anything buy the DVD's, same thing with EB. hopefully someone gets some definitive information on the dates etc.

yep, definately stopped by a Gamestop and an EB today and neither were running the sale

a girl at Gamestop said that they had the marketing for it, but no definite date for the beginning of the sale

y'all should really get your facts straight before you go posting specific dates

I went to several eb and gamestop stores, the employees are clueless about the promotion.I did pick up New Limited Edition Metal Gear Substiance 3 so it wasnt a total waste of time

[quote name='fatbeer']I went to several eb and gamestop stores, the employees are clueless about the promotion.I did pick up New Limited Edition Metal Gear Substiance 3 so it wasnt a total waste of time[/QUOTE]
You were EXTREMELY lucky to find the MGS3 LE still at a store. They are sold out everywhere and go for $100-$150 on ebay. I dont want to pay that price and cant find the LE anywhere. I should have preordered it. :(

[quote name='addicted2games']You were EXTREMELY lucky to find the MGS3 LE still at a store. They are sold out everywhere and go for $100-$150 on ebay. I dont want to pay that price and cant find the LE anywhere. I should have preordered it. :([/quote]

wow, that much on ebay???? i should have just bought the extra copy from work when i had the chance. fuck! i would have put it on ebay in a heratbeat.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']wow, that much on ebay???? i should have just bought the extra copy from work when i had the chance. fuck! i would have put it on ebay in a heratbeat.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that you guys didn't see the 3+ threads devoted to MGS 3: LE... Heck, there was even a thread w/ a poll about "What will you do with your MGS 3:LE?" with options like keep it, sell it, or trade it...

Price have gone down since the peak rush, though.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'm surprised that you guys didn't see the 3+ threads devoted to MGS 3: LE... Heck, there was even a thread w/ a poll about "What will you do with your MGS 3:LE?" with options like keep it, sell it, or trade it...

Price have gone down since the peak rush, though.[/QUOTE]
A few are over $150 shipped.

bread's done
Back