B2G1 Used @ EB/Gamestop B&M coming back soon...

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Not sure when specifically, but pretty soon. I found the marketing for it yesterday, and the marketing rolls over on Tuesday; I'll update when I know the specific dates. Just figured some of you might want to hold off on buying any used games you were waiting on.

update 03/25: as everyone has now said, it starts on april 2nd. glad i was able to give you guys a bit of a heads up.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Is this possibly regional? Sometimes that happens[/QUOTE]

i very much doubt it. almost everything is now standardized throughout the company, such as store hours, etc.

[quote name='psincubus']i see. this gives me an idea. if you only want one game, you can buy 2 and get that one free, return the two for store credit, and use that whenever you'd like. would that work? haha[/QUOTE]

a lot of people did that during the TRU B1G1F sale. it was quite annoying.

thanks OP for posting this. hopefully it'll be when some people trade in Ghost Recon for 360 :)

No way...would anyone trade in MGS3 Subsistence and GRAW within the next upcoming months? That would be sweet but I highly doubt it. But then again, last month, on the Game Crazy deals, someone reported finding a used mint/complete RE: Deadly Silence like 4 days after its release.

[quote name='nintendokid']No way...would anyone trade in MGS3 Subsistence and GRAW within the next upcoming months? That would be sweet but I highly doubt it. But then again, last month, on the Game Crazy deals, someone reported finding a used mint/complete RE: Deadly Silence like 4 days after its release.[/QUOTE]

there's a couple Gamestops with preowned GRAW around my place

[quote name='nintendokid']No way...would anyone trade in MGS3 Subsistence and GRAW within the next upcoming months? That would be sweet but I highly doubt it. But then again, last month, on the Game Crazy deals, someone reported finding a used mint/complete RE: Deadly Silence like 4 days after its release.[/QUOTE]

Their is a possibility people trading in those games within a few day of its release.I saw someone traded in Metal Subsistence in one day after its release and returning it saying the game was "too hard".Way back,when Kingdom hearts was release a person traded open Kingdom Hearts within a few hours because the parents mistakly bought the wrong disney type game.

[quote name='dracula']yeah, the b2g1 free on used dvds is s permanent deal, but i often have trouble finding 3 dvd season sets that are the same price that i actually want to watch, when they run the b2g1 free on games in conjunction with the permanant b2g1 free on dvds, i just get say 2 dvd boxsets and then pick a game of equal value free, so the b2g1 free on games really makes a difference in the deals i can get at gs.

Will the gamestop card work at EB games now? or would i have to buy an edge card?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did last time. Grabbed the two Dark Angel sets, and made Radiata Stories my freebie. :) It's also nice having one of those newer Gamestop...And Movies Too! in the area, since they have a much-expanded dvd section.

[quote name='schuerm26']Ok question. There are some gamestops around that have some games i really want. If i went tomorrow and bought them, and then the sale was within 7 days, could i take the receipt and get credit on a gift card or something for the free ones?[/QUOTE]
Last time this sale showed up, I had just bought three games... depending on the manager you talk to, its possible to get credited back the amount of the cheapest game.

[quote name='spiderdog']Complete games or not?[/QUOTE]

When it comes to complete games it is almost luck of the draw when it comes to either ebgames.com or gamestop.com.

[quote name='cdeener']When it comes to complete games it is almost luck of the draw when it comes to either ebgames.com or gamestop.com.[/quote]

Ebgames.com usually guarantees their used games to come complete with case and instructions...

I Picked up that Age of Kings complete for 20, if the sale starts soon ill return it and get 2 more games, either way im happy just getting the game for that price.

Hey, do you know if this marketing is coming with a new trade in promotion as well? Ideally a PO trade in deal.

is the "marketing" like marquees and posters and stuff? I don't know the lingo...

[quote name='gotech']Hey, do you know if this marketing is coming with a new trade in promotion as well? Ideally a PO trade in deal.[/QUOTE]

didn't see anything.

I will hopefully be able to tell you all tonight about a new marketing program. Hopefully we received that shipment today and I'll let you all know of any new trade promos/deals.

Well, yes, you can return one of the items you purchased on a B2G1 free deal, but only for an exchange.

And yes, we do occasionally get an uber-genius who figures out that he can just return the two games he bought and can keep the free one!!! Swear to God, that is common.

Gamestop, and I assume EB now too, get marketing kits about a week before they are up. All of our B2G1 free signage is kept in the back, we do not get new signing or anything similar to that before the sale. Which is why I am curious as to what the OP is talking about.

All B2G1 free signing is in the back, as it always is. We are told by our DM's, with only a couple of days warning, if that, if there is a B2G1 free sale coming.

[quote name='schuerm26']Since you have 7 days to return everything couldn't you return and buy again or something?[/quote]

Yeah, you can do that, but try not to do that at the same store. I have to cut off people who treat us like the local BlockBuster.

Man, if I had a dollar for every chump I cut off from the Alhambra, Ca store.

[quote name='schuerm26']Ok question. There are some gamestops around that have some games i really want. If i went tomorrow and bought them, and then the sale was within 7 days, could i take the receipt and get credit on a gift card or something for the free ones?[/quote]

Yeah, you can buy them and tell the clerk that you did not know there was going to be a B2G1. And that you would like to return then and exchange them with the sale so you get a free game.

Oh yeah, you would have to do the return and exchange at the same time, no credit will be given, you will have to do the B2G1 free sale right then and there.

Well, we didn't get the new marketing kit today and I have the day off tomorrow. I don't know if there is going to be any major deals since I think all stores are going to be changing dramatically. Gamestops will look more like EB's with all used games being gutted and displayed on the shelves. Used games will also be priced with yellow stickers and new games with white stickers. Another new change for GS is that the warranty on used games is now 30 days and you have the option to extend the warranty to a year with a game play guarantee like EB.

I'll have more info on this as it becomes available.

[quote name='botticus']Ugh... does that mean they're going with the shitty EB stickers over the easy-to-remove GS stickers?[/quote]

No, they are sticking with the easy to remove stickers. Also, EB will stop putting the 4 or 5 extra stickers on their games and just go to 2 stickers, 1 on the front and the other on the back over the barcode. They are actually making all of the EB games around here pull the stickers off of the cases.

Is B2G1 Free really that big of a deal? The main St. Paul, Minnesota Gamestop runs that deal almost year round. And they also run 50% trade-in value increase IF the game is non-sports and is over $5 credit year round. But that's also because that store is always flooded with customers. 9am, 11am, 2pm, 6pm, closing time, I always go at obscure times to avoid the rush and there are ALWAYS mother-effers in line.

[quote name='defiance_17']I can't speak for any other areas, but all the GameStops I go to have had the Buy Two, Get One Free promotion with DVDs for as long as I can remember.[/QUOTE]

Mine are very, very anal then. The ones in my area (there are only two within 50 miles) usually don't let you do B2G1 on DVDs, but I manage to convince them usually.

When I go home to Houston though, they DO have B2G1 at the local GS ... but it's only on really old, $5 movies with no cases. Terrible selection. The TV Box Sets and fully packaged movies (I usually go for $29.99 sets or expanded edition movies) only get B2G1 during the sales period.

But! That's my area.

BUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 USED GAME or DVD starts in ALL EBGAMES store on Wednesday (3/22). Buy the games now and return them later on this week to get the one for FREE!!

Austin usually has the $5.99 or less DVDs near the front of the stores on sale @ 2 for $10. When the B2G1 free is going on (on just DVDs or games and DVDs) you can pick up 2 of the $5.99 DVDs for $10 and get a 3rd for free.

The funny thing is that as little as GS/EB pays (allows store credit, $1 to $2 if not less) for some of the cheaper games, they are STILL making money at the B2G1 free sales.

Anywho, I've been waiting on the next B2G1 free sale as I missed the last one...rrrggg...lol.

[quote name='amos_82']BUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 USED GAME or DVD starts in ALL EBGAMES store on Wednesday (3/22). Buy the games now and return them later on this week to get the one for FREE!![/QUOTE]

this wednesday? yayyy time to buy those 360 games =)

[quote name='amos_82']BUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 USED GAME or DVD starts in ALL EBGAMES store on Wednesday (3/22). Buy the games now and return them later on this week to get the one for FREE!![/quote]

Question 1 would be: This lasts until when?

Question 2 would be: Is Gamestop mimicing this as well?

Question 3 would be: Can we get a confirmation on that? 'cause yeah, I don't wanna rush out to EB on Wednesday for nothing..

...but damn, I need more than one 360 game, and I need those games on the cheap.

Darnit, I just bought a used Zone of the Enders 2 last night and I don't feel like driving that long distance again to return it & rebuy it tomorrow. It was the only complete copy within a 50 mile radius.

Still, good deal for everyone else.

[quote name='Caliburn']Darnit, I just bought a used Zone of the Enders 2 last night and I don't feel like driving that long distance again to return it & rebuy it tomorrow. It was the only complete copy within a 50 mile radius.

Still, good deal for everyone else.[/QUOTE]
You could return it at a store closer to you if there is one.

[quote name='nintendokid']Is B2G1 Free really that big of a deal? The main St. Paul, Minnesota Gamestop runs that deal almost year round. And they also run 50% trade-in value increase IF the game is non-sports and is over $5 credit year round. But that's also because that store is always flooded with customers. 9am, 11am, 2pm, 6pm, closing time, I always go at obscure times to avoid the rush and there are ALWAYS mother-effers in line.[/quote]

There used to be a store here in St. Louis (on bamberger) that always had the B2G1 running. I asked one time and they said it was because there is an Eb and a Game Crazy right down the street from it.

They stopped doing it permanently awhile ago though. Maybe when Gamestop bought EB?

Also, i saw it was posted that it was starting at EB. Should i now assume that whenever 1 store is posted it is also happening at the other?

[quote name='amos_82']BUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 USED GAME or DVD starts in ALL EBGAMES store on Wednesday (3/22). Buy the games now and return them later on this week to get the one for FREE!![/QUOTE]

I hope this apply to gamestop as well because all the gamestop I know carry ps1 games unlike most ebgames stores.

[quote name='allout1986']Well, we didn't get the new marketing kit today and I have the day off tomorrow. I don't know if there is going to be any major deals since I think all stores are going to be changing dramatically. Gamestops will look more like EB's with all used games being gutted and displayed on the shelves. Used games will also be priced with yellow stickers and new games with white stickers. Another new change for GS is that the warranty on used games is now 30 days and you have the option to extend the warranty to a year with a game play guarantee like EB.

I'll have more info on this as it becomes available.[/QUOTE]

The 30 days sounds great; will EB also start allowing returns for used items if you just don't like it?

It makes the prices of used games worthwhile. Last time I managed to score Ikaruga, Shadow Hearts 2, and Super Smash brothers all for under 50. Pretty good deal in my opinion.

bread's done
Back