Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Now this has been the week of trailers....from Antman to Terminator to Star Wars and now this.   I am betting we are going to get another trailer over the summer and around when Star Wars hits...maybe but that depends if Disney will allow for a rival studio to have a trailer played before one of it's movies....  I've seen it happen before.

I am glad to see that we got a chance to see Batman  and Bruce Wayne. So far they have done a good job keeping Wonder Woman and the rest of the league out of the teaser and keeping it a surprise.    I am pretty sure that's the hall of justice being the Superman's statue. 

I find it very interesting that there are WWII German type troops wearing the "S" on their arms and kneeing before Superman.   Could this be a vision of what is to become of Superman if he lets his power corrupts him?  Could the reason why the Justice League exists so that Superman doesn't become too powerful so they keep him in check as the league?

I did not like Man of Steel so my expectations dial for this Goyer/Snyder movie are set to low. Interesting trailer though. I can't really wrap my head around how so many people treat Superman like a god, unless it's one that is to be feared. To go from an inspiring figure to a deathbringer and world destroyer. Oh modern comic book grittiness.

Imagine is someone like Superman did show up in real life. People would treat someone who could fly and do all that stuff as a god. People can be crazy.

It made sense in the traditional Superman mythos because he is basically Good incarnate, plus so many powers he can handle most situations by himself. That hasn't been established in this universe.

Lol! Alternate scene

Batman_v_Superman_Dawn_of_Justice_Do_You_Bleed_L.png

Apparently this is how the real trailer ended

wCHiPig.jpg

Between the Bat-armor and the scenery, I finally pegged down the look this movie reminds me of. It's Injustice the movie, it looks so much like the game.

I wonder if Goyer and Snyder really wanted to make a Miracleman movie, but were clearly thwarted by Alan Moore, so they decided to do the next best thing this WB franchise.

Step 1: Bitch about Frank Miller being overrated

Step 2: Read Dark Knight Returns

Step 3: Read Dark Knight Strikes Again

Step 4: See the movie.

Step 5: Understand Frank Miller is why you have post "Batman and Robin" (1997) Batman movies.

Batman is one of the dumbest comic book characters with some of the things he does.

Also the way he's in love with the Joker gets ridiculous.

Step 1: Bitch about Frank Miller being overrated

Step 2: Read Dark Knight Returns

Step 3: Read Dark Knight Strikes Again

Step 4: See the movie.

Step 5: Understand Frank Miller is why you have post "Batman and Robin" (1997) Batman movies.
Are.. are you saying Dark Knight Strikes Back is a GOOD book? I mean, it is nowhere near the travesty that was All-star Batman and Robin or Holy Terror, but it had a horrid story, bad characters, useless cameos, and ultra-ugly art. And Batman himself was a giant dick, topped only by Crazy Steve.

Are.. are you saying Dark Knight Strikes Back is a GOOD book? I mean, it is nowhere near the travesty that was All-star Batman and Robin or Holy Terror, but it had a horrid story, bad characters, useless cameos, and ultra-ugly art. And Batman himself was a giant dick, topped only by Crazy Steve.
I'm saying it seems from the teaser that the movie is based on a combination of these books and no matter how "horrid" they seem, they are the reason the film exists. Every successful live action DC movie since 2005 is based on Alan Moore's or Frank Miller's work.

That does sound like a form of a stick up a WB executive's butt if every movie has to be a derivation of Alan Moore or Frank Miller's work.  Nobody's asking for the return of Donner, but jeez to go down the same path since 2005's Batman Begins and a comic printed in 1986 that most people today haven't actually read. It's this hemming and hawing that allowed Marvel to be sooo much more successful in this movie genre.

Every year there is a Marvel movie of some form, and DC takes too long and we end up getting rather polarizing movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does sound like a form of a stick up a WB executive's butt if every movie has to be a derivation of Alan Moore or Frank Miller's work. Nobody's asking for the return of Donner, but jeez to go down the same path since 2005's Batman Begins and a comic printed in 1986 that most people today haven't actually read. It's this hemming and hawing that allowed Marvel to be sooo much more successful in this movie genre.

Every year there is a Marvel movie of some form, and DC takes too long and we end up getting rather polarizing movies.
The price of art. Marvel movies are a bastardization of the source material. Marvel movies are basically mindless action movies. They might as well have Dolph, Stallone, and Arnold in them. I'm not a super fan of any comic company in particular and Spider-man is my favorite character, but I am still waiting on a "great" Spider-man movie. I guess it comes down to if people prefer an adult story or a feel good story for children.

Well according to Snyder there is going to be an extended trailer for those who are seeing it at the free IMAX preview tonight... All tickets were GONE within mins of being listed.  Damn.... it's just a preview and yet people grab them like it's the last trailer they will ever see in their lives.

So reports are coming in that those who attended the free preview of the trailer got free tickets to see the movie one week ahead of the release.......holy shit wow! :O

I'm not sure if the tickets will be free or just the opportunity to buy tickets for a week early showing.

It's something like that though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

Thankfully there's a scene that confirms we'll get to see Batman's parents getting shot since we've never seen that before.

While I liked it more than the other trailers, it still had a lot of problems. I am going to assume Lex somehow mind controls Superman, because I don't think we've seen him talk once.

Also, WTF is Bruce doing just strolling down the street when Zod attacked? I would imagine he would be in some kind of business meeting. And where is his Batsuit?

While I liked it more than the other trailers, it still had a lot of problems. I am going to assume Lex somehow mind controls Superman, because I don't think we've seen him talk once.

Also, WTF is Bruce doing just strolling down the street when Zod attacked? I would imagine he would be in some kind of business meeting. And where is his Batsuit?
I don't like that guy as lex. He is always the same character, but I don't like that character for lex.

Was that Zod attacking? I thought it was Supes? He was walking to his building for work (Wayne Financial). If this follows the comics Batman is basically retired when all of this happens.

Man that was awesome!!!!

and IGN pulls it apart

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/07/11/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer-2-rewind-theater?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=32&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Was that Zod attacking? I thought it was Supes? He was walking to his building for work (Wayne Financial). If this follows the comics Batman is basically retired when all of this happens.
It's supposed to be during the final battle of the first film.

And the trailer makes it seem like Batman is still in Urban Legend mode. Which makes no sense whatsoever so whatever.

Well I think they are borrowing elements from TDKR.
Which makes even less sense since TDKR takes place after decades of the Justice League. How does Batman retire as an Urban Legend? Especially since Joker exists and has a long-standing rivalry with Batman as shown in the Joker graffiti scene. Is Batman known or not?

That's the thing, they don't have to follow the timeline from the comics.  They can just pull things out and make it into a new apple pie.

i thought it was the riddler.

This is my Star Wars. Super excited for it being a DC Comics (specifically Superman) fanboy. I fully expect people to shit all over this film, but I cannot wait.

Having said that, my biggest complaint is the performance of Lex Luthor. I would love to see a Lex Luthor in the vein of the animated shows instead of what feels like another Hackman/Spacey Luthor with a different actor.

Most people are calling him Joker Luthor rather than Spacey.

My biggest problem is the end of the trailer. Why the trailer makers felt it important to show off Doomsday and Wonder Woman and basically tell us the film is beyond me.

I thought the last trailer was a lot better personally. I'm going to assume they showed Doomsday because there's more to the movie that they aren't showing.

Having said that, my biggest complaint is the performance of Lex Luthor. I would love to see a Lex Luthor in the vein of the animated shows instead of what feels like another Hackman/Spacey Luthor with a different actor.
I would much prefer the Luthor from All Star Superman. Still a crazy supervillain but his motives and his demeanor are a lot more grounded and sensible.

I still think they're just trying to mess with people by giving Eisenberg ridiculous hair. I'm surprised they stopped short of giving him a red afro.

I would much prefer the Luthor from All Star Superman. Still a crazy supervillain but his motives and his demeanor are a lot more grounded and sensible.

I still think they're just trying to mess with people by giving Eisenberg ridiculous hair. I'm surprised they stopped short of giving him a red afro.
I would be perfectly fine with All Star Luthor. Morrison writes a fantastic Luthor.

I hope something goes wrong that causes Luthor to lose his hair and also change his personality, but I guess we'll see.

And I dont mind if this shows the entire film essentially. Most Marvel movies do it to and I dont see people complain.

And I dont mind if this shows the entire film essentially. Most Marvel movies do it to and I dont see people complain.
Most of the Marvel movies are advertised as hero vs. villain. Here, it's hero vs. hero.

Compare this trailer to the Civil War trailer. That one did not showcase Spider-Man, Vision, Ant-Man, or Baron Zemo, nor did it show what exactly Black Panther is doing in the film. And even though Widow appears, the trailer keeps you guessing as to whether she will side with Cap or Iron Man. It also wouldn't surprise me if Fury appears at some point either. There is a metric shit ton of stuff we don't know about the film, compared to this movie where we now know the entire plot structure before we go into the theater.

There was NOTHING to gain from putting Doomsday and Wonder Woman in the trailer. Nothing. Anyone going to see this movie is going to see Batman and Superman duke it out.

bread's done
Back