Battlefield 4 out on OCT 29th

The only reason they took off in between Battlefield 3 & 4 is Medal of Honor. Now that MOH is dead I can easily see DICE releasing a Bad Company BF or a major expansion pack ala Vietnam as I said earlier. Star Wars Battlefront is coming out in 2015 so I doubt we see a BF game next year. With Halo 5 releasing this year maybe they wont release anything, but this is EA and we will no for sure by E3

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the thing Ea forced everyone at dice to put feature projects on hold to fix and work on bf4. i hope we don't get new bad company this year not sure how good it would be.

If the rumors are true, Visceral games is working on the next battlefield game and its going to be police themed. I don't see a true sequel till after battlefront is out.

Also, the last two map packs have most likely been leaked with Dragon's Teeth out in May and Final Stand in September.

As much as I would love for Halo 5 to come out this year, it won't. If what that neogaf poster said is true, Halo 2 anniversary is coming this fall. As well as ports of Halo 3 and 4 to Xbox One. If that is true, I would be very happy with that.

Would you rather them release buggy not ready shit?
You mean like the full game at launch?

Id rather them get it together and figure it out. Its been one thing after another with this game. I love BF and I love BF 4, but Dice is starting to look like the Cleveland Browns here. They can't do anything right. Why is it that they just now figured out that the Xbox One and PC versions were broken?

You mean like the full game at launch?

Id rather them get it together and figure it out. Its been one thing after another with this game. I love BF and I love BF 4, but Dice is starting to look like the Cleveland Browns here. They can't do anything right. Why is it that they just now figured out that the Xbox One and PC versions were broken?
I'm saying you can't have it both ways, you can either complain the release is buggy or the release gets delayed but not both pal.

While they certainly screwed the pouch initially, most likely related to the little arms race that Microsoft and Sony had, with the newly-being-developed-by-the-day consoles, the game's fairly patched up now.

So I was wondering if I were to upgrade to BF4 some time what's my time limit-asking mainly with Ghost's upgrade time limit being the end of this month? Checked out the official FAQ on the matter but they say check your local retailer. Looked at other sites but couldn't find this information.

Saw a reddit post that recommended playing on Asian servers, which I experimented with last night.  Still experienced some rubberbanding but not nearly as bad as with East Coast US servers from the previous launch night.  

I have a feeling the main problem is overall server load.  Our evening is their morning, so it would seem that server load is lighter in Asia during US peak times.  Give it a try.

The new maps are well designed -- personally I think more variety would have been nicer than having all 4 being part of a single theme, but each one is different enough to make them enjoyable.

Been eyeing the game on Xbox One but nobody knows any info on the upgrade thing if it's still in the works. It's $30 at the Microsoft Store, the upgrade from BF4 360 to BF4 One goes to 64 players aside from the visual improvements.

Been eyeing the game on Xbox One but nobody knows any info on the upgrade thing if it's still in the works. It's $30 at the Microsoft Store, the upgrade from BF4 360 to BF4 One goes to 64 players aside from the visual improvements.
I skipped BF4 on the 360, but it is great on the One. 64 vs 64 is absolutely a blast among the bigger maps for all of the vehicle warfare.

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike rolling out for non-Premium players on all platforms: http://bit.ly/1ijnDxp

What's your strategy for taking down the enemy Carrier?
pl1bD.jpg

Update: Got the game at a good price so I grabbed it for Xbox One. Transferred over my stats and unlocks, huzzah. See ya online, also add me if you wanna partake in those little challenges.

Better late than never.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-bf4-rubber-banding-issues/

I played several matches in Large Conquest servers with some clanmates last night, both on the new Naval Strike and vanilla maps, and noticed a significant improvement in server-related lag.  There are still a bunch of bugs to be addressed, but this was the "elephant in the room" that caused the most internet rage.  I'm going to try again tonight, and if all goes well, I feel good about DICE eventually addressing the other bugs to positive effect.

First level spoilers (Does anybody really care?) PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE!

I am stuck on the first mission. The part where he yells "burn the motherfuckers!" and hands you the grenade launcher. I can't shoot the helicopter down for the life of me. I have replayed it at least twenty times. I shoot and it just doesn't explode. Any tips/ideas? I wouldn't be surprised if it's glitched.

First level spoilers (Does anybody really care?) PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE!

I am stuck on the first mission. The part where he yells "burn the motherfuckers!" and hands you the grenade launcher. I can't shoot the helicopter down for the life of me. I have replayed it at least twenty times. I shoot and it just doesn't explode. Any tips/ideas? I wouldn't be surprised if it's glitched.
I didn't even aim down sight. Just raise it up a tad bit and boom.

Is this game still broke as dicks on X1? Bought it at launch, played a few hours, put it down ever since.

So is the single player still messed up with saving progress? I just went to play, hit resume, and lost about an hour of progress. I'd hate to have it happen again so I'm hesitant to start up again. Anyway to play the single player??? Can't believe it's still screwed up.

So is the single player still messed up with saving progress? I just went to play, hit resume, and lost about an hour of progress. I'd hate to have it happen again so I'm hesitant to start up again. Anyway to play the single player??? Can't believe it's still screwed up.
Save to the cloud. I had no trouble getting beating it that way so I could promptly trade it in.

So is this game still unplayable? I can't even connect still and I've searched and searched and no one seems to be able to explain the "Can't connect to EA servers" error that I keep getting for no reason.

There must be something being blocked on your router side. I have no problems connecting.
There's nothing wrong on my end, I have been playing online no problem across all platforms, 360/PS3/X1/PC this is the only game that gives me a problem, there's a lot of threads on the EA message boards about this, just no resolution.

To all the vets, I'm having a problem. I bought this early on, got frustrated with some of the problems and after a couple of months, ended up selling and recently bought it again and it has been playing great so far but I happened to notice that I am back down to a level 1. I can't remember where I was but my guess was in the 20-30's and had unlocked a good bit of weapons but now I have crapola. I am using the same hard drive and do see where some of the downloads on my hard drive go back to 12/2/13 so not sure why it deleted all of my saved rankes/weapons/etc. I called EA and the guy was just like "um, well, if it's not there, I guess you have to start over" so I thought the brain trust here might be more help since EA was none at all...lol. Thx all.

That's always been a problem in battlefield games. Usually it just reverts after a game or two. I would definitely check out the battlefield forums. I have noticed a lot of server restarts lately announced weakly.

Never got around to playing chainlink, damn its a lot of fun. The game plays fantastic now

Battlefest is back! After the successful celebrations in July, the time is right for another season of fan appreciation. For Season 2, we’ve planned a full month of giveaways, a 2XP event, community missions*, and exciting announcements.

Battlefest is our way of thanking Battlefield 4 fans, old and new, for all the support. Your feedback has been invaluable to us; we recently deployed the highly appreciated Fall Update based on your suggestions, and Battlefield 4 Final Stand is being perfected thanks to your contributions in the Community Test Environment. Of course, the DICE studios will continue to improve the Battlefield 4 experience going forward.

We’ve seen many new players hit the Battlefield recently – and we’d like to heartily welcome you all! We’re not forgetting about you veterans though. There are many activities planned for you during Battlefest, and we also hope to respond to your suggestions and wishes for the future of Battlefield. So, let’s have a peek at what Season 2 has to offer:

Double XP Event

What’s better than a 2XP weekend? A five-day 2XP weekend, of course. Make sure to hit the game between November 6 and November 10 for double XP, making you level up faster.

Community Missions and New Dog Tags

Time to pull together! In two new Community Missions, you have the chance to collectively unlock two new Dog Tags with a Cops and Robbers theme – a nod to the upcoming Battlefield Hardline. You don’t want to miss these. Details to follow.

Gold Battlepacks

Starting November 8, we’ll hand out a Gold Battlepack every Saturday up until December 6. Inside these shiny cases you’ll find camos, weapon attachments, XP boosts, and other in-game goodies.

Special Announcement

Stay tuned to the official Battlefield social channels on Facebook and Twitter for a special announcement around 6pm PT today. You won’t want to miss this one!

So how about it – let’s declare Battlefest Season 2 officially opened. Stay tuned for more announcements this month, check out the Battlefield Blog regularly, and welcome to the fest!

Not a Battlefield 4 owner but want to join Battlefest? Secure Your Copy of Battlefield 4 Premium Edition

I liked the single player. What I really enjoyed was getting points for every enemy you killed. This gave me incentive to play it more. I wish more FPS games did this. Or if you could level up or something in 1 player mode, that would kick ass too.

Do you guys watch Battlefield Friends? They had an episode last year where they made a joke about a 100 colonel unlocking a bipod for his knife. Apparently they added it to battlefield now which is pretty awesome.

B2pAhN4CcAAIn8U.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvU3M6Ya1JI

bread's done
Back