Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

wait so is this just a map pack or will there actually be some missions? it's very misleading since it is called an expansion pack. either way I'll wait till it goes on sale as dotw or something

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wait so is this just a map pack or will there actually be some missions? it's very misleading since it is called an expansion pack. either way I'll wait till it goes on sale as dotw or something[/QUOTE]

At the end of the trailer it says "Multiplayer Expansion Pack" :D If you go the official website it tells you the key features of the DLC. Pricing is still TBA.

[quote name='benjamouth']$20 seems a bit much for 4 maps, if it's more than 800 I won't be buying.[/QUOTE]

As someone else said... There is no way in hell that this releases for 800. After all, we are talking about EA here. The same company that made buying used games pointless because they would rather charge you an additional $10 so that you can play online. Plus, it isn't like it is just 4 maps, it is 4 maps, 15 weapons, 6 vehicles, and a 49 song soundtrack. (See IW and Activision, that is a fucking DLC release).

[quote name='MSUHitman']You have this MVP? Aren't Shan, Khondor, and I are the only Ragtag's at level 22?[/QUOTE]

Sure do MSU... I've had it since a couple days after release. I would be more than happy to play sometime but no one else does. Shan invited me once, but I was house-sitting for my brother and only had MW2 and some other game with me for the weekend.

[quote name='htown01']At the end of the trailer it says "Multiplayer Expansion Pack" :D If you go the official website it tells you the key features of the DLC. Pricing is still TBA.[/QUOTE]

fuck that then! if I can get a code for $8 or under on ebay then maybe. expansion my ass

[quote name='mvp828']As someone else said... There is no way in hell that this releases for 800. After all, we are talking about EA here. The same company that made buying used games pointless because they would rather charge you an additional $10 so that you can play online. Plus, it isn't like it is just 4 maps, it is 4 maps, 15 weapons, 6 vehicles, and a 49 song soundtrack. (See IW and Activision, that is a fucking DLC release).[/QUOTE]

Um I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong to assume that you just compared an entire full fledged expansion pack to 2 map pack dlc's?

Also I guess you're forgetting that MW2 map packs actually were map packs, not just game types added into existing maps *Cough Conquest in Port Valdez Cough*

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Um I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong to assume that you just compared an entire full fledged expansion pack to 2 map pack dlc's?

Also I guess you're forgetting that MW2 map packs actually were map packs, not just game types added into existing maps *Cough Conquest in Port Valdez Cough*[/QUOTE]

Yea you are wrong... Expansion doesn't mean jack shit. DLC is DLC. A company could slap "expansion" on whatever the hell they please and what's to say it isn't?

In addition, I never said that one was better than the other... All I was implying is that those greedy motherfuckers at Activision could learn a thing or two when it comes to releasing DLC for the CoD games.

As for the game types being added into maps... What do you call MW2's map packs that just went ahead and re-used 4 maps from CoD4? Or how about the 2 maps they recycled to use in the retail game? Don't forget about the 2 maps (arguably a third and part of a fourth) that were scrapped from CoD4 and then brought back for MW2.

Bottom line is that companies are getting away with absolute bullshit and half-assed DLC releases, and for once this one seems like it could actually be a good one to get.

[quote name='mvp828']Yea you are wrong... Expansion doesn't mean jack shit. DLC is DLC. A company could slap "expansion" on whatever the hell they please and what's to say it isn't?

In addition, I never said that one was better than the other... All I was implying is that those greedy motherfuckers at Activision could learn a thing or two when it comes to releasing DLC for the CoD games.

As for the game types being added into maps... What do you call MW2's map packs that just went ahead and re-used 4 maps from CoD4? Or how about the 2 maps they recycled to use in the retail game? Don't forget about the 2 maps (arguably a third and part of a fourth) that were scrapped from CoD4 and then brought back for MW2.

Bottom line is that companies are getting away with absolute bullshit and half-assed DLC releases, and for once this one seems like it could actually be a good one to get.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you make plenty of good points, but dlc can be anything really and as long as people are willing to pay outrageous prices for it then there nothing we can do, except maybe dont buy it.

Not to go off topic here slightly, but I'm thinking this expansion pack dlc is going to be costly. I mean look at Dragon Age: Origins Awakenings that has a price tag of 2400 ms points. I'm willing to be that the Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion will have a similar price tag.

Also just to respond to your point on the MW2 map packs, they were actually map packs and IW let us know that they were including the 2 old but renewed maps from COD4. Dice claimed that the VIP code would allow you to download free content like map packs, but it turned out to be nothing more then gametypes for existing maps. People want to play on new maps, not new gametypes on the same maps.

Thats one thing that IW did right and the map packs sold really well. I dont agree with the price tag, I think they should have made it 800 ms points, but hey people bought them and in the end thats what matters to IW.

played for several hours last night and actually started to get decent scores (rush), high 1000s and broke 2000s several times. it took a bit getting use to maps and how that play but I think Recon and Engie are the best for me. Was also able to knife someone twice and get 2 of their tags. I tried to get that drill kill with engie but it didn't work the first time, think lagged a bit and got killed:bomb:. Second time however *achievement unlocked* :applause:

Several rounds in I got matched with 2 good people on the team. We spawned trapped like hell. The other team didn't get one m-comm until like

I'm new to bc2 but I am liking it better than mw2. first off, voice communication in bc2 is eases in for me because people either don't talk or if they do talk, they are friendly and not annoying like those people on mw2. second, the only negative thing I can say a bit about bc2 is that it has it's fair share of campers but every game does but i've managed to kill them anyways and finally, bc2 just feels smoother and a better game overall. Am glad I got rid of mw2 to play this game now instead. Anyone looking to squad up?

I'm a crap soldier in this game more often than not, but I'm one helluva medic. I've had conquest rounds where I'll get 4,500 or so points while being a medic just because I zap my buddies when they drop. Also, never walk in a straight line, you're just sniper bait at that point.
The best way to play this game is to have a squad that talks and sticks together. If you go Rambo in BC2 you're useless and likely won't get much done for the team or the squad.

Ah i'm already annoyed by the people in this game. Alot of people just rely and use tanks, it's so damn annoying and they need a game mode where it's just team slayer type and that's it. No vehicles, no bullshit. I got away from mw2 to not be annoyed by the glitchers/hackers/modders/kids and what not then I come to bc2 and alot of people use tanks and camp.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Ah i'm already annoyed by the people in this game. Alot of people just rely and use tanks, it's so damn annoying and they need a game mode where it's just team slayer type and that's it. No vehicles, no bullshit. I got away from mw2 to not be annoyed by the glitchers/hackers/modders/kids and what not then I come to bc2 and alot of people use tanks and camp.[/QUOTE]

Tanks are pretty easy to take down :roll:

Campers - camping happens in all FPS. period.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Ah i'm already annoyed by the people in this game. Alot of people just rely and use tanks, it's so damn annoying and they need a game mode where it's just team slayer type and that's it. No vehicles, no bullshit. I got away from mw2 to not be annoyed by the glitchers/hackers/modders/kids and what not then I come to bc2 and alot of people use tanks and camp.[/QUOTE]

Engie with rpgs or mines. Recon with c4 or mortar. Assault with tubes or c4. Medic...just revive? I haven't played mich but tanks don't seem much of a threat since most people (even higher ranks) seem terrible and don't know how to use them. copters and other aircraft however are insane if the driver/gunner are good, though haven't seen much yet

[quote name='lordopus99']Tanks are pretty easy to take down :roll:

Campers - camping happens in all FPS. period.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I dont think he means regular campers I think he means those annoying sniper campers. Back when I used to play I got matched up with a whole squad of sniping campers in Squad Deathmatch. They would find the thickest foliage to sit and then snipe the whole game. Thats what they would do all game, eventually the other squads started doing the same thing and the whole match went to shit.

On Modern Warfare 2 at least I can see the sniper properly and can find them pretty easily. On Bad Company 2 its next to impossible, and downright frustrating.

Don't get me wrong I really liked the game, but only when there weren't so many people sniping in the match.

Got the ultimate edition last Saturday from Amazon when it was $40.

Wish there was a way to record matches like BF2 (PC).
Could make a nice highlight video of me failing.
While I have knifed over 40 people so far, more than a dozen times now I have stabbed someone 2-3 times (sounds,blood,screams of pain) only to have them turn around and kill me with one slash. :lol:

I went on Live today to play and received a message that due to my inactivity my skill level was reset to 0 :whistle2:k Has anyone else received that message before?

[quote name='htown01']I went on Live today to play and received a message that due to my inactivity my skill level was reset to 0 :whistle2:k Has anyone else received that message before?[/QUOTE]

no idea since I have less then 10 hours of MP time. now what exactly is "skill level" anyway? I saw some people on my FL with various ranks and times played but the skill levels don't seem to correspond.

[quote name='htown01']I went on Live today to play and received a message that due to my inactivity my skill level was reset to 0 :whistle2:k Has anyone else received that message before?[/QUOTE]

It knocked you back to 0 for inactivity? You got punished for taking a break from the game? Lawdy. That's a douche move.

When I played this game like a crack fiend months ago, I used to randomly get this message -- yet my skill level was never reset.

I just got the game again recently, wondering if I should pop it in and see if mine was truly reset this time.

I checked my stats and it wasn't 0 anymore :???: That was odd. I had later googled this error after posting here and found that others have had this occur to them before and then later disappearing :error:

Of course the deal of the week in a few weeks is going to be Onslaught for half price. Of course, of course of fucking course. I just bought it at full price two days ago.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Of course the deal of the week in a few weeks is going to be Onslaught for half price. Of course, of course of fucking course. I just bought it at full price two days ago.[/QUOTE]

Lol, how about that. I checked the Xbox Live DOTW thread and sure enough Onslaught mode and the SPEACT Upgrade Bundle are on the list to vote for 50% & 33% off, respectively. I am voting for that :bouncy:

Will it get enough votes for it to win though? Perfect Dark and BC:BC2 are the only ones with 50% off so I think it will come down to those two.

EDIT: Changed my mind, I voted for Perfect Dark. When I voted, the results were:

Deathspank: 17%
Perfect Dark: 20%
Dragon Age: 18%
Trials HD: 18%
BC:BC2: 26%

Last edited by a moderator:
from the Battlefield Blog:

Xbox Game with Developers
As it was announced last week, we are running a great event for Xbox 360 Bad Company 2 Players tonight. From 18:00 to 22:00 CET we will be crowding the servers to get our game on. In case you would like to game with us on the different servers, add our gamertags and let's have a good fight!

zh1nt0

Gomenasai

FairDinkvm

Bazajaytee

GreasyQuill

Bought this game on release for quite a bit and got bored of it, wanna try get back in it..add me GT: Elite Hunter24 if ya want to play.

[quote name='TLFerrill']What exactly is onslaught mode? I got it in my ultimate but have yet to redeem it in case i want to trade that bad boy.[/QUOTE]

Four player Conquest against AI enemies.
It's okay the first few times.

Just like in a PvP room, helicopters are annoying when your team doesn't help try to take them down.

Picked up the Ultimate Edition yesterday at Best Buy and I'm loving it so far. Glad I held out this long haha. Multiplayer is a steep learning curve and I wish there was some kind of match making system like the one Bungie uses in Halo Reach. I should go up against newcomers or low levels, not rank 25-50!

For the SPECACT bundle; is one Dr. Pepper code needed for each class or is it one code for all of them?

I don't drink Dr. Pepper and since its 320 points (approx. $3.xx) this week I'm thinking of grabbing it. Unless of course someone out there would be so kind as to PM one of them codes :cool:

if you have any left, I'd be much appreciative. I seemingly never found them on any of my Dr. Peppers (though I only drink cans of Cherry + Vanilla)

Update on the Vientam DLC that I mentioned previously...

Old Stuff -
[quote name='mvp828']
Raised from the dead... EA just got my attention by punching me in the face.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vientam Add-On

The DLC includes four brand new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam war, each bringing fresh visuals and characteristics, such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles. It also adds 15 Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles available from the moment you go online. Included in that is the M79 grenade launcher, the Navy SEAL XM22 machine gun, the American Huey helicopter and the Russian T54 tank.

DICE have confirmed that the new maps will work in all four multiplayer modes in BFBC2, stating that the expansion is fully integrated with the full game, meaning that "no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual."

To enhance the complete 60's vibe, man, DICE have also recorded all new voice-overs for both sides, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam War. On top of that, it'll included 49 songs of the "rocking soundtrack" to set the mood, including CCR's "Forunate Son," Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" (as heard in the above trailer) and "Ride of the Valkyries."

The Vietnam add-on will not be included in the recently-announced UItimate Edition of the game, but will release exclusively on XBLA some time this Winter. And yes, of course it adds new achievements - ten of them to be precise.

If this releases for less than 1200 MSPs I will definitely purchase it. If it is 1600 I will definitely consider it.
[/QUOTE]

New Info - [quote name='TrueAchievements.com']EA announced today the pricing for the Vietnam expansion to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. 1200 MSP will get you the complete expansion, which yes, will come with achievements.[/QUOTE] LINK

Now we just have to sit and wait for the release date... Had they been able to get this out this month I definitely would have bought it. However, now since I have been playing MoH and Black Ops is so close it will be up in the air. Although I think the price is definitely right for all that you get.

[quote name='mvp828']Update on the Vientam DLC that I mentioned previously...[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, even though it took them a long time to release something new, I'm excited about this expansion. I've played MoH and MW2 online recently but it feels uneventful to me. And whatever we achieve in this expansion counts towards our BF:BC2 stats :D

VIP Map Pack 7 is on its way to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This pack will include four maps never before available in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer, two of them being fan favorites Oasis and Harvest Day. As always, this content is free for PC and console VIP players. Read on for the full story.

VIP Map Pack 7 is all about listening to the community. When we ask for your favorite maps from Battlefield: Bad Company, Oasis and Harvest Day always come out on top. We are happy to announce that in VIP Map Pack 7, these two much-loved maps have been reworked for Battlefield : Bad Company 2. This means full Destruction 2.0 (buildings collapsing and micro destruction), enhanced graphics and lighting, and remastered ambient sounds and backgrounds. Below is a full brief of what's included in VIP Map Pack 7:

Map 1: Oasis
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 2: Harvest Day
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 3: Cold War
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 4: Heavy Metal
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Never bought the VIP code, I will now.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ay-heading-for-battlefield-bad-company-2.aspx

Yeah :D I can't wait to try those out. I guess they're feeling the heat from CoD and MoH. According to Raptr statistics for the :360:, in the last 30 days MoH has accumulated 185k hours of gameplay from 15k+ gamers where BF:BC2 has 60k+ gamers and only approximately 79k hours of gameplay :shock:

They needed to do this to reignite the Battlefield fans online gameplay. This is great news :D

[quote name='htown01']Yeah :D I can't wait to try those out. I guess they're feeling the heat from CoD and MoH. According to Raptr statistics for the :360:, in the last 30 days MoH has accumulated 185k hours of gameplay from 15k+ gamers where BF:BC2 has 60k+ gamers and only approximately 79k hours of gameplay :shock:

They needed to do this to reignite the Battlefield fans online gameplay. This is great news :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought this when it came out on the PS3, I have since sold my PS3 and I never thought I would buy the VIP code. I am now. I wish they would bring Backstab from BF2:MC. That was my fav map out of all the games I have ever played.

Dang, awesome to hear they're still putting this much effort into the "free" (for VIP, anyway) content. This is Burnout Paradise-level support.

Not the least bit interested in Black Ops right now so this will definitely bring me back to Battlefield for a while.

bread's done
Back