Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Dec 2011 issue) - Catherine,Warhammer,Red Faction - $20 off

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
From the Atgamer facebook page

Look out for our November issue, on sale 11/27!

@Gamer Magazine Issue 15 - December 2011

Coupons ($130 worth) in this issue are:

• $10 off L.A. Noire (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Red Faction: Armageddon (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Catherine (PS3, X360)
• $20 off LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS3, Wii, X360, NDS, 3DS)
• $20 off Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (X360)
• $20 off Tritton AX180, AX 720, AX Pro, and Gears of War 3 headsets
• 30% off Any one pre-owned game

[quote name='meatball2112']Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you buy a single issue of the magazine and use the coupons?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
The cashier I had about two months ago let me buy the magazine and then rip the coupon for a game out of it (Hunted) at the time of purchase to save us both some effort.

[quote name='TheNeck']im going to sign up for the @gamer mag finally, just wondering why is it only 10 issues for a year?
ive missed a lot of deals in the past, so im finally jumping on this train. :D[/QUOTE]they extend the coupons for certain months...which can be good in the long run depending on which games/coupons are being extended since there's a better chance of getting a lower sale price to stack. Hopefully, you'll get some exclusive coupon packs too.

So, I tried to pick up "Once Upon a Monster" tonight, but the coupon said it rang up for "Catherine" and had to be overridden by a manager - who turned me down because the game was on sale and that the coupon is not valid with any other "coupons or offers" and told me that a sale price is an offer. She wouldn't even consider trying scan the other coupons to find the correct coupon code. Anyone have a list of what correct coupons match the correct games? Such a fucked up store that only has spectacular deals when the starts all align and the right manager is working.

[quote name='spideymike']So, I tried to pick up "Once Upon a Monster" tonight, but the coupon said it rang up for "Catherine" and had to be overridden by a manager - who turned me down because the game was on sale and that the coupon is not valid with any other "coupons or offers" and told me that a sale price is an offer. She wouldn't even consider trying scan the other coupons to find the correct coupon code. Anyone have a list of what correct coupons match the correct games? Such a fucked up store that only has spectacular deals when the starts all align and the right manager is working.[/QUOTE]

I think @gamer mag said in their nov issue that they allow this so called "double dipping". You shouldve said, instead of finding the right upc for the coupon and helping corporate, I'll let them know of the service I received.

[quote name='Enuf']they extend the coupons for certain months...which can be good in the long run depending on which games/coupons are being extended since there's a better chance of getting a lower sale price to stack. Hopefully, you'll get some exclusive coupon packs too.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean hopefully, i will get some exclusive coupon packs too?

[quote name='galbyman']I am in for a $20 Red Faction.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this game $7 used at Gamefly like 2 weeks ago? Very average game at best anyway.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone who dont want their Harry potter for the Ds coupon i buy it off you[/QUOTE]

I won't be using mine when I get my magazine.

[quote name='spideymike']So, I tried to pick up "Once Upon a Monster" tonight, but the coupon said it rang up for "Catherine" and had to be overridden by a manager - who turned me down because the game was on sale and that the coupon is not valid with any other "coupons or offers" and told me that a sale price is an offer. She wouldn't even consider trying scan the other coupons to find the correct coupon code. Anyone have a list of what correct coupons match the correct games? Such a fucked up store that only has spectacular deals when the starts all align and the right manager is working.[/QUOTE]

On the back of the coupons, they now have the words "Markdowns taken from sale prices." This is new. You should have received the discount on it.

[quote name='foster1887']On the back of the coupons, they now have the words "Markdowns taken from sale prices." This is new. You should have received the discount on it.[/QUOTE]

I know. Going to try again tomorrow and hope that the game is still on sale as a part of Cyber Monday.

[quote name='TheNeck']What do you mean hopefully, i will get some exclusive coupon packs too?[/QUOTE]Don't know when the next sets are going out.

[quote name='foster1887']On the back of the coupons, they now have the words "Markdowns taken from sale prices." This is new. You should have received the discount on it.[/QUOTE]well they finally made the correct change bout time.

yeah I had the same thing happen rang up for cathrine than we tryed that coupon and it still didnt pull up manager overrided it and it was all good though wasnt able to grab one with the 480 microsoft points thought still cool game for 10 bucks

[quote name='Enuf']Don't know when the next sets are going out.[/QUOTE]
sorry im a noob to the whole @gamer coupon thing, what were the previous set of exclusive coupons?
[quote name='halofreak64']yeah I had the same thing happen rang up for cathrine than we tryed that coupon and it still didnt pull up manager overrided it and it was all good though wasnt able to grab one with the 480 microsoft points thought still cool game for 10 bucks[/QUOTE]
catherine for $10?

How would I go about using the 30% off a used game coupon? My Best Buy has jacksquat for used games (and no clearance bin either), and the coupons seem to indicate that they can't be used online. Do I basically have to buy it at full price online, then return/rebuy? How does that work?

Just got my $25 GC from cokerewards and was looking at Warriors Legends of Troy, which is $40 used.

You can place an OMS order in-store for any pre-owned game that's eligible to be shipped from their warehouse or another local store and still use the coupon.

And once again, they're not supposed to allow these to work with CM sale prices because those clearly state online-only. You can try, but don't throw a fit if they deny you.

[quote name='TheNeck']

catherine for $10?[/QUOTE]

That's what i'm wondering as well. It still shows up as $59.99 on the site, but if Catherine were to drop to $30, i'd be all over this

[quote name='Wario64']• 30% off Any one pre-owned game[/QUOTE]

Is this stackable with the unlocked buy 2 get 1 free coupon for used games?

[quote name='wargod']Is this stackable with the unlocked buy 2 get 1 free coupon for used games?[/QUOTE]

Since they are both coupons, I believe the register will only allow one or the other.

[quote name='halofreak64']yeah I had the same thing happen rang up for cathrine than we tryed that coupon and it still didnt pull up manager overrided it and it was all good though wasnt able to grab one with the 480 microsoft points thought still cool game for 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

Just in case anyone is wondering but the correct coupon code for OUAM is behind the red faction coupon. When it scans the register will show "$20 off Sesame."

[quote name='jazzman']Just in case anyone is wondering but the correct coupon code for OUAM is behind the red faction coupon. When it scans the register will show "$20 off Sesame."[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Can someone post what each of the coupons are scanning for?

So far, it seems like Red Faction is scanning as OUAM, and OUAM is scanning as Catherine. Knowing what the rest are doing would help a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
never used one of the coupons before...question, if Harry Potter 5-7 DS is priced $19.99 will it be free after the coupon?
• $20 off LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS3, Wii, X360, NDS, 3DS)

[quote name='h2dk']never used one of the coupons before...question, if Harry Potter 5-7 DS is priced $19.99 will it be free after the coupon?
• $20 off LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS3, Wii, X360, NDS, 3DS)[/QUOTE]

Non-Sale price is $29.99.

[quote name='TheNeck']sorry im a noob to the whole @gamer coupon thing, what were the previous set of exclusive coupons?[/QUOTE]these are the 1st set of unlocked coupons that were sent out
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307422
they go out in batches so those who haven't got these won't & there's no set time table for when they go out.

The current months(Dec) are here
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309577

Based on what I've been told/shown by gaming reps BB will be pulling out all the stops to become THE PLACE to get games. The specifcally mentioned AMZ/Kmart/GS as "threats". The whole gamers club revamp, @gamer coupons stacking with sale prices & the 5 for $100 promo are all like "phase 1-2". They still have a few more "tricks" up their sleeve like the unadvertised deals/sales which if you watch starting in 2012 they will start matching AMZ's top #___(unsure of the actual #) selling items. The $15 per yr will pay itself off usually in 2 months or less depending on your gaming taste/flipping skills.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']So is Decembers mag in stores currently? I haven't received my issue yet. [/QUOTE]Yep, in-store & I haven't got mine either

Ok, I went to Best Buy trying for Warriors Legends of Troy (which is not a CM deal, mind you) from the website. I had 3 employees scratching their heads and trying to figure out a way to use the coupon for me, and then one of them went to a higher level and came back with the OMS information, which I guess they didn't know about, and I would not have known how to ask. After playing with it, they managed to set up a store pickup order for me with the coupon applied. Woot. I have to say, the one that went to ask her manager was the most helpful representative I've seen in a long time. Is there any way to give a good rep to an employee?

Apparently both local Best Buys by me are not allowed to sell used games due to the high number of pawn shops in the area. Only the Porter Ranch one (people might recognize it as being next to the walmart with the pepper spray incident on BF) sells used games, and that's too far for me to want to go to (plus they didn't have it anyway).

Guess I need to find out where these pawn shops are.

Oh, and now I have a page of useless coupons. I wonder how I can give them away...

[quote name='h2dk']never used one of the coupons before...question, if Harry Potter 5-7 DS is priced $19.99 will it be free after the coupon?
• $20 off LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS3, Wii, X360, NDS, 3DS)[/QUOTE]

people are saying the coupons NOW SAYS You need to buy Harry potter 1-4 and 5-7 to get the 20 off

[quote name='AkariK'] Is there any way to give a good rep to an employee?
Oh, and now I have a page of useless coupons. I wonder how I can give them away...[/QUOTE]use the feedback section on the bottom of the receipt & there will be plenty of demand for this months coupons when the stacking starts mid Dec, sell them for $1 ea + stamps.

[quote name='Enuf']use the feedback section on the bottom of the receipt & there will be plenty of demand for this months coupons when the stacking starts mid Dec, sell them for $1 ea + stamps.[/QUOTE]

I'm new to the unlocked thing. What do you mean when you say the stacking starts mid december?

[quote name='Althax']I'm new to the unlocked thing. What do you mean when you say the stacking starts mid december?[/QUOTE]you'll see more sale prices as we get closer to x-mas, MSRP isn't going to move units not after seeing the BF prices so the only way to get people to buy is to continue discounting which will stack. Some of these games may even have their MSRP dropped further.

here's the new wording on the coupons

2isw1hx.jpg

[quote name='Enuf']these are the 1st set of unlocked coupons that were sent out
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307422
they go out in batches so those who haven't got these won't & there's no set time table for when they go out.

The current months(Dec) are here
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309577

Based on what I've been told/shown by gaming reps BB will be pulling out all the stops to become THE PLACE to get games. The specifcally mentioned AMZ/Kmart/GS as "threats". The whole gamers club revamp, @gamer coupons stacking with sale prices & the 5 for $100 promo are all like "phase 1-2". They still have a few more "tricks" up their sleeve like the unadvertised deals/sales which if you watch starting in 2012 they will start matching AMZ's top #___(unsure of the actual #) selling items. The $15 per yr will pay itself off usually in 2 months or less depending on your gaming taste/flipping skills.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, i really appreciate it. :D

Hopefully if catherine drops in price, i will buy my 1st @gamer, and subscribe to it. :D

[quote name='Enuf']

Based on what I've been told/shown by gaming reps BB will be pulling out all the stops to become THE PLACE to get games. The specifcally mentioned AMZ/Kmart/GS as "threats". The whole gamers club revamp, @gamer coupons stacking with sale prices & the 5 for $100 promo are all like "phase 1-2". They still have a few more "tricks" up their sleeve like the unadvertised deals/sales which if you watch starting in 2012 they will start matching AMZ's top #___(unsure of the actual #) selling items. The $15 per yr will pay itself off usually in 2 months or less depending on your gaming taste/flipping skills.
[/QUOTE]

This is in large part because BB's financial outlook is far from rosy. BB is taking a major retail blow by announcing it is pulling out of the UK altogether. The investment the co. put in over the last several years has been a fiasco (to put it nicely). BB has to make up ground somewhere and it appears it may be relying on North America to help pull its numbers out of the gutter.

I doubt the numbers we've seen thus far for consumer spending will hold, no matter how much BB is willing go the extra distance.

[quote name='slidecage']people are saying the coupons NOW SAYS You need to buy Harry potter 1-4 and 5-7 to get the 20 off[/QUOTE]

I will need to check the mag when I stop there tonight to confirm this. If so then I am sad I did not get it at Amazon when it was $35.

Edit: It is still $35 at amazon on 360 or PS3.

Got the coupons, but no mag yet.
Hmm, and figures, just in time they're running a B2G1 for this coming week. Useless coupon for me, unless there're some good sales during Christmas.

If I bought Once Upon a Monster Could I get it again with the $20 code and the discount price of $25 they sold it for - $20 = $5? If so how?

[quote name='lilmotto']If I bought Once Upon a Monster Could I get it again with the $20 code and the discount price of $25 they sold it for - $20 = $5? If so how?[/QUOTE]
Online it shows as 49.99 now so not looking pretty. Also, the sale was 29.99 so potential best was 9.99.

Alas, my magazine never showed up yet. Way to drag your feet Best Buy...

[quote name='slidecage']people are saying the coupons NOW SAYS You need to buy Harry potter 1-4 and 5-7 to get the 20 off[/QUOTE]

yup, it says 'AND' in all capitals. Won't be using that coupon I bet

My December issue has not arrived yet, can't remember when I got the November one, but it's time to raise hell on the customer service line...again.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']My December issue has not arrived yet, can't remember when I got the November one, but it's time to raise hell on the customer service line...again.[/QUOTE]

My November one came something like 2 or 3 days before the coupons expired. I don't think BB understands how to get magazines out (or really how to do anything).

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to just buy a copy or two in store if there's anything I want.

[quote name='shadowkast']yup, it says 'AND' in all capitals. Won't be using that coupon I bet[/QUOTE]

Crap...I guess I am getting it at Amazon. This is my nephews Xmas gift and he is pretty much expecting it. I was hoping to pay $31 but $35 will have to do.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Crap...I guess I am getting it at Amazon. This is my nephews Xmas gift and he is pretty much expecting it. I was hoping to pay $31 but $35 will have to do.[/QUOTE]

Tried the harry potter game saying AND could be either game

save 20 bucks off harry potter 1-4 and 5-7

SO does that mean save 20 when you buy both or save 20 on ech of them ...
:)

i know for a fact doesnt not work with one copy

[quote name='romeogbs19']This is in large part because BB's financial outlook is far from rosy. BB is taking a major retail blow by announcing it is pulling out of the UK altogether. The investment the co. put in over the last several years has been a fiasco (to put it nicely). BB has to make up ground somewhere and it appears it may be relying on North America to help pull its numbers out of the gutter.

I doubt the numbers we've seen thus far for consumer spending will hold, no matter how much BB is willing go the extra distance.[/QUOTE]BB killed it BF thru CM
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re.../BB-won-black-Friday-Cyber-Monday/td-p/383564

[quote name='brauma']Wait, does that mean these coupons no longer stack with sales? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?[/QUOTE]Yes, they stack my point is that the deals late in Dec. will be near BF levels so the stacks will be even better.

[quote name='dragonjud']Got the coupons, but no mag yet.
Hmm, and figures, just in time they're running a B2G1 for this coming week. Useless coupon for me, unless there're some good sales during Christmas.[/QUOTE]Pretty sure you'll get your with with that they love how they performed during BF/CM.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re.../BB-won-black-Friday-Cyber-Monday/td-p/383564

[quote name='DerClaw']My November one came something like 2 or 3 days before the coupons expired. I don't think BB understands how to get magazines out (or really how to do anything).

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to just buy a copy or two in store if there's anything I want.[/QUOTE]The timely mag issue actually isn't their fault directly but they need to light a fire under @gamer for sure. All the other issues yep BB :joystick: takes ALL the credit for that LOL.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']My December issue has not arrived yet, can't remember when I got the November one, but it's time to raise hell on the customer service line...again.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, my November issue came last week & I just got my December mag today.

I just got the coupons two days ago (4 special for Unlocked). Still waiting on my Dec. magazine but November (first issue) came no problem.

Does anyone know if you can still use the B2G1 ($39.99 or under) and purchase 2 really cheap games (Metroid M was previously used)and then get a $39.99 game for free (if scanned in that order)?

Also, can you still price match a game down to $39.99 and use that with the B2G1 coupon?

MK7 comes out on Sunday and depending on the status of the codes, I'll get that and possibly Starfox / Pokemon: Rumble (I know the reviews aren't great). I'd love to see Rayman Origins drop to $39.99.

Thanks for any help!

[quote name='paulwekiva']I just got the coupons two days ago (4 special for Unlocked). Still waiting on my Dec. magazine but November (first issue) came no problem.

Does anyone know if you can still use the B2G1 ($39.99 or under) and purchase 2 really cheap games (Metroid M was previously used)and then get a $39.99 game for free (if scanned in that order)?

Also, can you still price match a game down to $39.99 and use that with the B2G1 coupon?

MK7 comes out on Sunday and depending on the status of the codes, I'll get that and possibly Starfox / Pokemon: Rumble (I know the reviews aren't great). I'd love to see Rayman Origins drop to $39.99.

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

If you are looking for Rayman on Wii, it will be 39.99 at Target next week.

Should you be able to stack the B2G1 with a sale price, since the @gamer coupons stack with the sale items but thats probably wrong.

It doesnt say anything on the coupon about it not stacking with other offers.

hummm if the buy 2 get 1 free deal and coupon works

and doing the harry potter

harry potter 30
MIS game 30
harry potter 20 free
TOTAL 60 - 20 for the coupon
End up with harry potter 5-7 harry potter 1-4 and another game for 40 (around 13 each)

Toss in the 2nd game at 20

free
50- 20
30 bucks be 10 per game... tempted but that is even too high

[quote name='paulwekiva']I just got the coupons two days ago (4 special for Unlocked). Still waiting on my Dec. magazine but November (first issue) came no problem.

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

No CAG has reported that the 2 cheap/1 expensive game has stopped yet so I'd assume it works for now.

The register doesn't allow 2 promos to stack. So a PM and the B2G1 will not work.

bread's done
Back