Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Dec 2011 issue) - Catherine,Warhammer,Red Faction - $20 off

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
From the Atgamer facebook page

Look out for our November issue, on sale 11/27!

@Gamer Magazine Issue 15 - December 2011

Coupons ($130 worth) in this issue are:

• $10 off L.A. Noire (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Red Faction: Armageddon (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Catherine (PS3, X360)
• $20 off LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS3, Wii, X360, NDS, 3DS)
• $20 off Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (X360)
• $20 off Tritton AX180, AX 720, AX Pro, and Gears of War 3 headsets
• 30% off Any one pre-owned game

[quote name='Donut2922']No CAG has reported that the 2 cheap/1 expensive game has stopped yet so I'd assume it works for now.

The register doesn't allow 2 promos to stack. So a PM and the B2G1 will not work.[/QUOTE]

PMs do work. @Gamer coupons won't stack.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']PMs do work. @Gamer coupons won't stack.[/QUOTE]

I thought the register doesn't let 2 promotions stack? Interesting. So essentially the PM and B2G1 next week will be YMMV then. My local BB's are very strict about the "double dipping" rule.

Used my B2G1 on black friday, cant wait to use the 50% off coupon on Skyrim CE guide tomorrow but I havent gotten my first mag yet (I signed up in September or October?) CSR said it takes about 2 months a few days ago. Praying Catherine goes on sale next week otherwise I'm picking up used from Gamefly

Got my Dec issue a few days ago and was disappointed to see the Lego Harry Potter coupon required the purchase of both years 1-4 and 5-7 (since I already have 1-4). Ah well, I will likely use the Catherine and LA Noire coupons if we do indeed see good sales on those later in the month.

By the way, does anyone know yet whether the LA Noire coupon is only for the vanilla version? Or can it be used towards the "complete" edition? I'm hoping for the latter...

Best Buy weekly ad Dec. 11-17
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 is on sale this coming week for $40, so one could get 1-4 AND 5-7 for $40 by using the coupon. However, I seem to be like everyone else and already have 1-4, so I'm not thrilled by the "AND" part of the coupon.

For anyone looking for L.A. Noire, you may want to check your local Target clearance shelves for a $12 copy of the vanilla version.

Finally, I wish Catherine would go on sale already!

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']Best Buy weekly ad Dec. 11-17
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 is on sale this coming week for $40, so one could get 1-4 AND 5-7 for $40 by using the coupon. However, I seem to be like everyone else and already have 1-4, so I'm not thrilled by the "AND" part of the coupon.

For anyone looking for L.A. Noire, you may want to check your local Target clearance shelves for a $12 copy of the vanilla version.

Finally, I wish Catherine would go on sale already![/QUOTE]

Yeah me too man....I have too many games to play now though....

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but RFA is $20 after coupon, though after hearing how linear it was and that it went mostly shooter instead of sandbox-y title like RFG I would only pay around $10 for this title.:razz:

[quote name='alexbhp']I keep seeing Red Faction dropped to 19.99 in most stores, I wonder if BB will drop it to 19.99, then I will be able to use my $20 off coupon.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/red-faction-armageddon/78038
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Faction-A...FRGA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323552494&sr=8-4
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11316539&CAWELAID=806600141[/QUOTE]

When the killzone 3 he dropped to 25 red faction was 20 but it was before the coupons were avalible. When these current ones expire then it will probibly hit 20 again. No way bestbuy will just basically give us red faction for free with the coupon

[quote name='strait edge follower']When the killzone 3 he dropped to 25 red faction was 20 but it was before the coupons were avalible. When these current ones expire then it will probibly hit 20 again. No way bestbuy will just basically give us red faction for free with the coupon[/QUOTE]

I know they wont give it for free, but they can drop it to 29.99 or 24.99 that would be okay. I would definitely pay 9.99 or 4.99 for it.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']Best Buy weekly ad Dec. 11-17

Finally, I wish Catherine would go on sale already![/QUOTE]

Me too. I already played the heck out of HP 1. I got 1000/1000 achievements. I wish I knew someone to give or sell a copy to but I don't personally know anyone else who likes the lego games.

This is completely dishonest and against the inention of the coupon, but will it be possible to return Harry Potter 1-4 ? I mean, will the receipt show up as Harry Potter 1-4 $19.99, Harry Potter 5-7 $19.99? Or will the receipt say something like "all items must be returned for refund" ???

If not, I have lego star wars 3 and lego Pirates of the carribean sitting on my shelf untouched, so I can wait a year or so for harry potter 5-7 to drop.

[quote name='alexbhp']I know they wont give it for free, but they can drop it to 29.99 or 24.99 that would be okay. I would definitely pay 9.99 or 4.99 for it.[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. I had the game before but I flipped it before its tiv got nuked to get the most value out of it while I could. it was a fun little blow em up while I had it so for 5 or 9 $ I would buy it again to Finnish it.

Any chance Catherine will go on sale in the next few weeks? $45 with coupon (including the magazine price) is more than what Gamestop has it on sale for right now, and I'm interested in buying it.

[quote name='ROB64']Any chance Catherine will go on sale in the next few weeks? $45 with coupon (including the magazine price) is more than what Gamestop has it on sale for right now, and I'm interested in buying it.[/QUOTE]
Good luck even finding it in store.

[quote name='9Tale']Good luck even finding it in store.[/QUOTE]

This is true. My bestbuys don't seem to have it in stock. unless of course They are hiding behind copys of brink or something so I can't see it lol.

The BB and GS near me both have it in stock (I saw a few PS3 copies in BB the yesterday, and the GS stock locator says it's in stock.)

If you guys have UNLOCKED membership, it will show when they scan your RZ card. If you haven't received the mag yet, make your purchase thru the game dept register and ask the employee to scan the coupon from a mag in store. Obviously if you have UNLOCKED, you have every right to use a coupon.

[quote name='9Tale']Good luck even finding it in store.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a bunch of copies near me. New and used. Gamefly had it used for $17.99 or $19.99 a couple days ago. The year-end sale is Dec. 21 I'll bet they put it up again.

I still haven't received my 'Welcome Packet' and I signed up the first day the program was available, so don't feel too bad. I'm sure I'll receive them soon, right after they expire..:(

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Anybody else tried the 30% off (40% w/ RZGCU) coupon? I was thinking of picking up MW3 for less than $30.[/QUOTE]

You mean for used games? Yes, this works

Red Faction Armageddon is on sale and now its price is $29.99 on its website, but i am not sure if it is online only or in store too. Any idea?

[quote name='infini2001']Red Faction Armageddon is on sale and now its price is $29.99 on its website, but i am not sure if it is online only or in store too. Any idea?[/QUOTE]

The $30 price should be in stores as well, so that means that it can be had for $10! I think im in!

[quote name='SeanTM22']The $30 price should be in stores as well, so that means that it can be had for $10! I think im in![/QUOTE]
I might have to buy this at $10 as well. I already platinum the game but for this price why not.

hell yeah, was coming in to report the $30 RF:A..CAGs are already on top of it! I'm going first thing this morning after skipping out on throwing it into a B2G1 pile for $18 at GameStop last night..

but if its not the same price in-store and they refuse to PM website AND take coupon, I will be sad..

[quote name='infini2001']Red Faction Armageddon is on sale and now its price is $29.99 on its website, but i am not sure if it is online only or in store too. Any idea?[/QUOTE]

Good find as all the online prices are instore ! If the b2g1 free is still going on I could use red faction as one of the 2 games you need to buy while using the coupon ?

Hmmm... LA Noire (complete edition) is on sale for $40. Anyone think the $10 @gamer coupon will work even though the picture on the coupon only shows the regular edition?

And... What about the Harry Pottter coupon? Do I need to buy both or just one? Years 5-7 is on sale for $40, and 20 off would be a good price point.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Hmmm... LA Noire (complete edition) is on sale for $40. Anyone think the $10 @gamer coupon will work even though the picture on the coupon only shows the regular edition?

And... What about the Harry Pottter coupon? Do I need to buy both or just one? Years 5-7 is on sale for $40, and 20 off would be a good price point.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you have to buy both.

Good luck finding the first lego harry potter in the store though...I can't find any within 100 miles it seems. Kinda defeats the purpose of the coupon.

i cant even redeem the 20 dollar lego harry potter 5-7 coupon, they wont redeem it at the bronx store since it is on sale, spoke to the dept manager JC in the fordham road bronx store, and he would not override:hot:

[quote name='Jojooi812']i cant even redeem the 20 dollar lego harry potter 5-7 coupon, they wont redeem it at the bronx store since it is on sale, spoke to the dept manager JC in the fordham road bronx store, and he would not override:hot:[/QUOTE]

did you try buying both Lego Harry years 1-4 and 5-7? Coupon says you need to buy both. Could explain why you'd need an over ride.

Yeah, all of the lego harry potter years 1-4 games were on sale for $9.99 @ Best Buy during black friday, one would be hard pressed to find one and down right lucky to find this needle in a haystack =(

[quote name='SeanTM22']The $30 price should be in stores as well, so that means that it can be had for $10! I think im in![/QUOTE]
Not exactly, there have been cases where the in-store and on-line price don't match, and the store won't manual override it because of red tape. I found this out with the Deus Ex $15 coupon. In store price was $59.99 and the on-line price was $40.99 (yeah I know, weird on-line total). I know the managers and employees at my store pretty well due to consistent/constant shopping there, but they told me that there is a lot of red tape when they do manual overrides for the sake of the coupons when matching a Best Buy.com price. There was even one time when they did a manual override for me, I believe it was for the ico/shadow of colossus collection for $24.99 w/$10 gaming coupon. I got that game for a sweet $15.00, the next time I came into the store they told me that the store received a nasty e-mail from upper management about doing the manual override when dealing with gaming coupons. In reality their in-store/on-line prices should always match, but the truth is they don't always match. But hopefully this is a case where they are the same =)

But you can't get too mad at them because you have wal-mart which has prices "VARY" store to store and they refuse to match their on-line prices.

[quote name='Alwayzgivemyall']Not exactly, there have been cases where the in-store and on-line price don't match, and the store won't manual override it because of red tape. I found this out with the Deus Ex $15 coupon. In store price was $59.99 and the on-line price was $40.99 (yeah I know, weird on-line total). I know the managers and employees at my store pretty well due to consistent/constant shopping there, but they told me that there is a lot of red tape when they do manual overrides for the sake of the coupons when matching a Best Buy.com price. There was even one time when they did a manual override for me, I believe it was for the ico/shadow of colossus collection for $24.99 w/$10 gaming coupon. I got that game for a sweet $15.00, the next time I came into the store they told me that the store received a nasty e-mail from upper management about doing the manual override when dealing with gaming coupons. In reality their in-store/on-line prices should always match, but the truth is they don't always match. But hopefully this is a case where they are the same =)

But you can't get too mad at them because you have wal-mart which has prices "VARY" store to store and they refuse to match their on-line prices.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to bestbuy to try to get a 10$ red faction. I'll let you guys know if its 30 in store or not

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm going to bestbuy to try to get a 10$ red faction. I'll let you guys know if its 30 in store or not[/QUOTE]

Please do...thank you sir.

Oh damn, I was hoping someone would have already gone and checked so I can head up during my lunch to try it out. Guess I am going to wait it out until tomorrow.

Catherine is still $39.99 at Gamestop, so conceivably you could get BBY to PM that price, but would they let you use the $20 off coupon then? If it isn't on sale at BBY next week (ad or non-ad), then this might be the best option, but I think it's only on sale at GS until Thursday.

[quote name='Vigilante']Catherine is still $39.99 at Gamestop, so conceivably you could get BBY to PM that price, but would they let you use the $20 off coupon then? If it isn't on sale at BBY next week (ad or non-ad), then this might be the best option, but I think it's only on sale at GS until Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Huge ymmv on that. Usually best buy won't pricematch and take a coupon. Its one or the other. But you could try

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Huge ymmv on that. Usually best buy won't pricematch and take a coupon. Its one or the other. But you could try[/QUOTE]

It is actually against their policy to PM (even their website) AND apply the coupon. Though people will and have had it done, don't through a fit if you don't as it is outside their policies. In fact the December issue coupons I believe even state that you can't PM and use the coupon

And no they have Internet only sales as confirmed by their BBY reps on the boards. The prices aren't supposed to ALWAYS be the same, but sometimes it should be that price in store also.

This is all from the BBY forums.

[quote name='token2k6']Ok RF:A is shelf tagged at $29.99. Not at register yet, but we're all good![/QUOTE]

Good news is these are horrible flips so those that actually want this can get it

[quote name='aspen1284']Please do...thank you sir.[/QUOTE]

I will as well when I go into work today. Hopefully it does.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Good news is these are horrible flips so those that actually want this can get it[/QUOTE]

Yep, just another good game that got lost in the shuffle. Picked up mine along with Homefront from gamefly for around $12 total with the BF sale.

yup, rang up $29.99 no problem (and I don't think I noticed an asterisk next to it, can't remember) coupon worked without a problem! Girl even started reading the fine print, I was ready to slam her if she denied it, but she let it go through. They had copies in the regular area, and on some stand with all the games feature for the @gamer coupons, so check for that..

bread's done
Back