Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Dec 2011 issue) - Catherine,Warhammer,Red Faction - $20 off

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
From the Atgamer facebook page

Look out for our November issue, on sale 11/27!

@Gamer Magazine Issue 15 - December 2011

Coupons ($130 worth) in this issue are:

• $10 off L.A. Noire (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Red Faction: Armageddon (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Catherine (PS3, X360)
• $20 off LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS3, Wii, X360, NDS, 3DS)
• $20 off Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (X360)
• $20 off Tritton AX180, AX 720, AX Pro, and Gears of War 3 headsets
• 30% off Any one pre-owned game

Do you guys think Catherine will go on sale next week? It sucks that the mag came out AFTER Catherine was on sale before.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Good news is these are horrible flips so those that actually want this can get it[/QUOTE]
$10 into $19 at Blockbuster isnt horrible. Not amazing.........but far from horrible.

HOLY %@@#&$$?$& !!!!!!!!! I GOT CATHERINE FOR 20 ! I went back to bestbuy after finding out gs had it for 40 and bestbuy did the coupon overide after the price match for me. They always go the extra mile for me and I'm really greatfull for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Good news is these are horrible flips so those that actually want this can get it[/QUOTE]

That won't keep El Hoardo away. They'll buy them up anyway.

I also can confirm the Red Faction does stack but the Lego Harry Potter & the L.A. Noir do not yet.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That won't keep El Hoardo away. They'll buy them up anyway.

I also can confirm the Red Faction does stack but the Lego Harry Potter & the L.A. Noir do not yet.[/QUOTE]

As in you tried to buy Lego Years 5-7 separately?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That won't keep El Hoardo away. They'll buy them up anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Needing the coupon will.

[quote name='strait edge follower']HOLY %@@#&$$?$& !!!!!!!!! I GOT CATHERINE FOR 20 ! I went back to bestbuy after finding out gs had it for 40 and bestbuy did the coupon overide after the price match for me. They always go the extra mile for me and I'm really greatfull for it :)[/QUOTE]

Did you have to show them an official GameStop ad to get the price match? If not, what kind of proof do you have to show them for the price match?

[quote name='JoePianist']Did you have to show them an official GameStop ad to get the price match? If not, what kind of proof do you have to show them for the price match?[/QUOTE]

I showed them the gamestop price from my smart phone (an important cag tool when shopping). Not every bestbuy will do what mine always does for me though as price matches don't stack with the coupons. Just give it a try though and good luck

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Red Faction is barely worth $10 imo. It's so bland, I forgot about it while I was playing it. It's a shelf game if I've ever played one.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about picking this up after the football game, but after watching some YouTube videos I think I'll pass. I'll go back and play Guerrilla if I get an urge for some Red Faction. Now if we're able to get it free before the coupon expires...

[quote name='Donut2922']As in you tried to buy Lego Years 5-7 separately?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did it separately and it didn't stack.

[quote name='strait edge follower']HOLY %@@#&$$?$& !!!!!!!!! I GOT CATHERINE FOR 20 ! I went back to bestbuy after finding out gs had it for 40 and bestbuy did the coupon overide after the price match for me. They always go the extra mile for me and I'm really greatfull for it :)[/QUOTE]

Which Manhattan BBY did you go to?

yeah RFA $10 no problem. They really wanted to give me LA Noire Complete for 30 but the system wouldn't let them, they were like it's the exact same but it won't, but we can get a manager over here but i said no problem i had to run to work but i would try later in the week. it was two chix and they really wanted to give it to me, but i had to leave. ;)

Just got Lego Harry Potter 5-7 for $19.99. They had to manually adjust the price since the coupon didn't work automatically. I guess that makes it YMMV, so good luck to others. I was ready with my argument that the coupon also says PS3, X360, DS, and 3DS but you clearly don't have to buy it on every system. Luckily they adjusted the price based on the picture on the front of the coupon. They read the fine print on the back but didn't pay much attention to the writing on the front.

[quote name='rwflores']Just got Lego Harry Potter 5-7 for $19.99. They had to manually adjust the price since the coupon didn't work automatically. I guess that makes it YMMV, so good luck to others. I was ready with my argument that the coupon also says PS3, X360, DS, and 3DS but you clearly don't have to buy it on every system. Luckily they adjusted the price based on the picture on the front of the coupon. They read the fine print on the back but didn't pay much attention to the writing on the front.[/QUOTE]

you seriously would have used that as your argument? lmao.

every gaming coupon states all the systems it can be used on. if a coupon doesnt work do you always have the idea to say this?

[quote name='Velo214']yeah RFA $10 no problem. They really wanted to give me LA Noire Complete for 30 but the system wouldn't let them, they were like it's the exact same but it won't, but we can get a manager over here but i said no problem i had to run to work but i would try later in the week. it was two chix and they really wanted to give it to me, but i had to leave. ;)[/QUOTE]

When two chix want to give it to you, you show up to work late.

[quote name='rwflores']Just got Lego Harry Potter 5-7 for $19.99. They had to manually adjust the price since the coupon didn't work automatically. I guess that makes it YMMV, so good luck to others.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I never would have thought the coupon was for buying BOTH games, so weird.

[quote name='craig.courtney']When two chix want to give it to you, you show up to work late.[/QUOTE]

This is the trade in thread all over again

[quote name='Silence4520']still haven't got my magazine yet, should i talk to someone in best buy?[/QUOTE]
If it is your first, it took almost 2 months to get it going. Even then, I still don't have the Dec Issue. Take it for what is worth.

Can I stack the 30% extra trade in coupon with their buy 3 get 30% off AND 10% of used GCU?

I want to do something like:
$5 used game $3 (40%: 30% buy 3 + 10% GCU)
$5 used game $3 (same)
$45 used game $13.50 (70% off, all 3 bonuses)

$18.50 for Dead Island or Deus Ex (or whatever big games you have in your area) plus two fillers . Maybe more depending on if I can use the fillers for Christmas gifts.

[quote name='fmwross2']Can I stack the 30% extra trade in coupon with their buy 3 get 30% off AND 10% of used GCU?

$5 used game $3 (same)

$18.50 for Dead Island or Deus Ex (or whatever big games you have in your area) plus two fillers . Maybe more depending on if I can use the fillers for Christmas gifts.[/QUOTE]

Im confused but I can tell you this wont work the way you think it will

[quote name='craig.courtney']When two chix want to give it to you, you show up to work late.[/QUOTE]:rofl:yeah, if there's ever a reason to be late this is it but depending on the chix I don't know if going in is even an option might just call out altogether.

[quote name='Silence4520']still haven't got my magazine yet, should i talk to someone in best buy?[/QUOTE]1st issue?

[quote name='fmwross2']Can I stack the 30% extra trade in coupon with their buy 3 get 30% off AND 10% of used GCU?

$5 used game $3 (same)

$18.50 for Dead Island or Deus Ex (or whatever big games you have in your area) plus two fillers . Maybe more depending on if I can use the fillers for Christmas gifts.[/QUOTE]The 10% GCU should stack with EITHER ONE of those promos but probably not both

I dont see why the 30% off preowned coupon wouldnt stack with the "buy 3 get 30% off" deal. The coupons are suppose to stack with sale prices, and the 30% off is technically a sale I suppose... Right?

[quote name='neil1115']These coupons will they take it off the sale price or do they jack it back up to the regular price?[/QUOTE]the new coupons have been worded differently so if a $60 game is $40 then the discount comes off the $40 sale price not the $60. We just wait for prices that will be below $40 after coupon since it's easy enough to get games for this discounted price usually w/o a month.

[quote name='aspen1284']I dont see why the 30% off preowned coupon wouldnt stack with the "buy 3 get 30% off" deal. The coupons are suppose to stack with sale prices, and the 30% off is technically a sale I suppose... Right?[/QUOTE]2 words "package deals" they never stack even with BB's messed up system they don't mess that up. Basically, when you scan a coupon expect the other deal to go away UNLESS you can fulfill the sales requirements w/o the game(s) being affected by the coupon. YMMV on manager override at that point. The only thing that should ALWAYS be stacking is the GCU 10% bonus.

I tried today. They won't stack. Even the guys in gaming thought they should.

Read the back of the coupon. It says pretty much that it's non-stackable AND it says it's not for use with pre-owned games. No joke. The 30% of any pre-owned game coupon is not for use with pre-owned games.

[quote name='fmwross2']I tried today. They won't stack. Even the guys in gaming thought they should.

Read the back of the coupon. It says pretty much that it's non-stackable AND it says it's not for use with pre-owned games. No joke. The 30% of any pre-owned game coupon is not for use with pre-owned games.[/QUOTE]

All the coupons have the same wording, and I believe that it says not valid on pre-owned games unless it says otherwise (not exact wording but you get the point). Basically, all the coupons say not valid on pre-owned games unless the coupon specifically says it's for pre-owned games.

Been looking all over for the SKYRIM Hardcover guide (calling stores to check inventory and lots are sold out). Went to 2 different stores that I had called ahead of time to check stock and was told "yes we have lots of them on the shelf" only to get there and it is the regular guide... after the first store I called the second store, had them verify it was the actual Hardcover and they also said "yes we have about 7 of them" only for them to also be the regular guide. Stupid Bestbuy customer service can eat shit they are so worthless.

I guess the Hardcover guide is really limited and worth money (I wanted to use the 50% coupon on the strategy guide).

[quote name='nakanenui']Been looking all over for the SKYRIM Hardcover guide (calling stores to check inventory and lots are sold out). Went to 2 different stores that I had called ahead of time to check stock and was told "yes we have lots of them on the shelf" only to get there and it is the regular guide... after the first store I called the second store, had them verify it was the actual Hardcover and they also said "yes we have about 7 of them" only for them to also be the regular guide. Stupid Bestbuy customer service can eat shit they are so worthless.

I guess the Hardcover guide is really limited and worth money (I wanted to use the 50% coupon on the strategy guide).[/QUOTE]

Someone on another thread here said there's a reprint of about 70K coming 12/16.

[quote name='pROvIs']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Red+Faction%3A+Armageddon+-+Xbox+360/1067948.p?id=1218216965748&skuId=1067948&st=red%20faction%20&lp=1&cp=1 Red faction is $14.99 right now. Does that make it free with coupon?[/QUOTE]

I tried pulling this off in store...they were willing to price match but not use the coupon. The manager came out and told me that the coupon is applied to what the stores price is listed as not the matched price. I asked her if she could just override that but in the end she wouldnt. So i think we need the price to be $20.01 in store before we can get this that cheap :)

[quote name='aspen1284']So is La Noire $20 in store or just online?[/QUOTE]

20$ ? Looks like I'm going to bestbuy (for the 1000'th time over the past two months lol) to use another coupon. This months mag has been great :)

Grabbed LA Noire for $10 at BB. Managed to grab a copy that still had the Sharpshooter suit DLC included too. Now to wait for Space Marine to go down in price....

there's no point in getting the Complete Edition of LA Noire if I already bought that Rockstar Pass, is there?

I ended up selling this game uncompleted a while back when i sold all my games and old system, but wouldnt mind picking up the vanilla version for $10 to beat it and just redownload my "Pass" off the Marketplace.

Question. My brother bought a Unlocked membership and hasn't received any @Gamer issues in the mail.

Anyone know who he should contact? I wouldn't mind using his coupon to get Catherine for 19.99.

[quote name='SkankButta']Question. My brother bought a Unlocked membership and hasn't received any @Gamer issues in the mail.

Anyone know who he should contact? I wouldn't mind using his coupon to get Catherine for 19.99.[/QUOTE]
If he still has the receipt from when he signed up, he could always try going in store to get the current issue with the coupon for Catherine. That's what I had to do several times when either they hadn't begun to send me my issues for the subscription as of yet or that month's issue was late and I would miss out on a great deal because of it.

At worst, they'll simply scan the coupon(s) from in the issue of the magazine and let him use whichever coupons he wants to. But like I said, they usually would give me the magazine as long as I showed proof that my subscription was paid for.

[quote name='jcp42877']there's no point in getting the Complete Edition of LA Noire if I already bought that Rockstar Pass, is there?

I ended up selling this game uncompleted a while back when i sold all my games and old system, but wouldnt mind picking up the vanilla version for $10 to beat it and just redownload my "Pass" off the Marketplace.[/QUOTE]
I think everything on the pass is on the complete edition.

So there is a deal this week for buy 2 get 3rd free on kinect games. Anyone think this can be combined with the $20.00 off coupon for Once Upon a Monster?

bread's done
Back