Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Ordered 3 games, let's see how this goes
Got:
:ps3: Wet (Somehow I want to play this game)
:ps3: FO: NV
:ps3: Time Crisis Razing Storm (Need a rail shooter since HoTD is almost finished)[/QUOTE]

I saw the cover to Wet, and thought it was about something completely different.

_-Wet-Xbox-360-_.jpg

[quote name='TooPoor']Ordered 3 games, let's see how this goes
Got:
:ps3: Wet (Somehow I want to play this game)
:ps3: FO: NV
:ps3: Time Crisis Razing Storm (Need a rail shooter since HoTD is almost finished)[/QUOTE]

And........Wet and Time Crisis backordered. If they just ship me FO:NV (which was my filler), it would make me very angry:hot:/sad:cry:.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I saw the cover to Wet, and thought it was about something completely different.
_-Wet-Xbox-360-_.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Glad you sorted that out, or I would probably sound like pervert(?) to you.

[quote name='TooPoor']And........Wet and Time Crisis backordered. If they just ship me FO:NV (which was my filler), it would make me very angry:hot:/sad:cry:.[/QUOTE]
Except if they shipped you the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for the same price. Don't forget that BB doesn't differentiate between versions when taking these games in for trade.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except if they shipped you the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for the same price. Don't forget that BB doesn't differentiate between versions when taking these games in for trade.:D[/QUOTE]
Yeah....but I doubt anybody would ever trade in the Ultimate Edition to BBY since they don't offer more for it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah....but I doubt anybody would ever trade in the Ultimate Edition to BBY since they don't offer more for it.[/QUOTE]
You'd be surprised. I just picked up a GOTY edition of Borderlands that was marked as the regular version. It has the extra content ON DISC even. So it CAN happen.;)

[quote name='Jrittmayer']7/9 games got backordered....what happens now?[/QUOTE]
I have 2/3 backordered. Let's see if the non-backordered games ship or not.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You'd be surprised. I just picked up a GOTY edition of Borderlands that was marked as the regular version. It has the extra content ON DISC even. So it CAN happen.;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I read your post. Maybe the gaming gods can smile upon me as well.

[quote name='Toss']Back orders get cancelled and we pay full price for the ones they ship. We should all start tweeting complaints.[/QUOTE]
Really? This happened to some of you before?

Although some GOTY editions aren't exactly the same as their standalone counterparts. Case in point: The GTA IV Complete and the RDR GOTY versions for PS3 are fuckin' horrible.

The standalone RDR: Undead Nightmare version used to have it's own free roam mode for online multiplayer. But when going through the GOTY edition menus there is no option for it.:cry: The only reason that's a shame is that I believe that was the only way to play the online poker and dice with other players.

The GTA IV Complete version has save loading issues, where when you load into GTA IV it will tell you every time that it has to start a new game. Although this may also be due to them using the same set of save slots for all three titles on the Complete and standalone editions and people saving in the wrong slot, as some of them are marked for GTA IV only saves.:roll:

[quote name='TooPoor']Really? This happened to some of you before?[/QUOTE]

Not on a b2g1 sale. But I've had backorders cancelled. And I picked up games today I was charged the regular price for at least on the receipt. They were paid with gift cards so I won't know for sure until everything is settled.

Ended up biting on some cheaper games using my trade-credit:

First bundle:
Rockband Track Pack: Metal
Rockband Track Pack: Volume 2
Enslaved Odyssey to the West

Total w/ Free Shipping 8.98

Second Bundle:
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Star Wars Force Unleashed II
Crackdown.

Total w/ Free Shipping after $5 RZ Cert - $9.78

I've been curious to give Enslaved a spin, and the rest are re-buys into my backlog that I traded away already. Hopefully I'll get to them at some point.

Regarding the $5 coupon, I'm not sure what I would even use it on. I flipping through the list of 9.99 and 12.99 games on the site and none of them that I'm interested in are even available around me. I'd prefer to use it on a game to keep it under $10.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Although some GOTY editions aren't exactly the same as their standalone counterparts. Case in point: The GTA IV Complete and the RDR GOTY versions for PS3 are fuckin' horrible.

The standalone RDR: Undead Nightmare version used to have it's own free roam mode for online multiplayer. But when going through the GOTY edition menus there is no option for it.:cry: The only reason that's a shame is that I believe that was the only way to play the online poker and dice with other players.
[/QUOTE]

Nah, you can still play Poker and Liar's Dice on the GOTY edition.

SWTFUII was backordered for me on 360. It was the free game. Kind of having buyers remorse, so I may cancel it and return the other two (SWTFU I and Sly Collection [which I thought they'd put me on backorder for]).

This deal is fucked online. I got the backordered notice for 3 games, yet they're all still showing as available online and I'm able to get to the final checkout page with them.

Am i safe if i haven't receive any backorder email for my order that was place lat 10 last night? Its worrying me with all these backorder emails you guys seem to be receiving.

This is bullshit. I order 3 games and it just so happens my "free" game is backordered. I can't even cancel the first two games because they've apparently been processed for shipping.

The 3rd game is Etrian Odyssey II, a 4 year old DS game. Am I supposed to just wait for someone to trade this in or what?

[quote name='LemonJelllo']Nah, you can still play Poker and Liar's Dice on the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]
Where? I thought those were only available on the RDR: UN free roam. Then again, it was a while since I played either game and maybe I'm wrong on UN having free roam.

EDIT: After Googling, it does appear I was mistaken.#-o#-o:dunce::imwithst: fuck. I really did think that the poker and dice were in a free roam mode that apparently NEVER existed.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Ended up biting on some cheaper games using my trade-credit:

First bundle:
Rockband Track Pack: Metal
Rockband Track Pack: Volume 2
Enslaved Odyssey to the West

Total w/ Free Shipping 8.98

Second Bundle:
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Star Wars Force Unleashed II
Crackdown.

Total w/ Free Shipping after $5 RZ Cert - $9.78

I've been curious to give Enslaved a spin, and the rest are re-buys into my backlog that I traded away already. Hopefully I'll get to them at some point.

Regarding the $5 coupon, I'm not sure what I would even use it on. I flipping through the list of 9.99 and 12.99 games on the site and none of them that I'm interested in are even available around me. I'd prefer to use it on a game to keep it under $10.[/QUOTE]

Well, Enslaved and Force Unleashed II both went on back order. Someone trade your copies so I get mine. XD

[quote name='AZR43L']This is bullshit. I order 3 games and it just so happens my "free" game is backordered. I can't even cancel the first two games because they've apparently been processed for shipping.

The 3rd game is Etrian Odyssey II, a 4 year old DS game. Am I supposed to just wait for someone to trade this in or what?[/QUOTE]

lol I ordered that too.....

[quote name='tylerh1701']What's up with these backorders?[/QUOTE]

LOL Best BUY has figured out how to increase sales with out price reductions...backorder the free game and then cancel it once the return period runs out. They then just sold 2 games at full price. The new sale is called Buy 2 and get them at full price! You guys better not open your games until you receive all 3 games because other wise there will be no returns for you if the free one never arrives.

[quote name='Toss']LOL Best BUY has figured out how to increase sales with out price reductions...backorder the free game and then cancel it once the return period runs out. They then just sold 2 games at full price. The new sale is called Buy 2 and get them at full price! You guys better not open your games until you receive all 3 games because other wise there will be no returns for you if the free one never arrives.[/QUOTE]

alll you do then is contact the BBB and best buy will fix it within 3 days ,,,

dont contact the BBB and best buy will screw you over

i say my shit never ships
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard — PRE-OWNED -
Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontie
for 30

hell i can dump odyssey 3 for 30 easy on ebay

big shock here..

ALL BACKORDERED USED GIFT CARD THAT I TOSSED So might as well say letter to the BBB tonight

[quote name='confoosious']The BBB has no jurisdiction. And certainly can't even send out a letter in 3 days.[/QUOTE]

back in june i had a game that best buy said i would get release day...

release day came and they said the game has been delayed for 2 weeks and i had to wait 2 weeks to get the game to make up for this they would send me a 25 buck gift card in 14 days

14 days came no gift card (mid of june) called them up and they said they would put a request for the gift card to come in 14 days

14 days later (2nd week of july) no gift card so i call them up seeing what is going on and get the same responce we will put a request for the gift card to be shipped out to you in 14 days

14 days later (think it was end of july or first of aug) no gift card and i call them up for the 3rd time get the same responce we will put in a request and you will get it in 14 days

tell them hell with it Im contacing the BBB... i did and in around 3 to 5 days later i got my gift card

point is best buy was never going to send out that gift card until the BBB got in the deal

[quote name='slidecage']back in june i had a game that best buy said i would get release day...

release day came and they said the game has been delayed for 2 weeks and i had to wait 2 weeks to get the game to make up for this they would send me a 25 buck gift card in 14 days

14 days came no gift card (mid of june) called them up and they said they would put a request for the gift card to come in 14 days

14 days later (2nd week of july) no gift card so i call them up seeing what is going on and get the same responce we will put a request for the gift card to be shipped out to you in 14 days

14 days later (think it was end of july or first of aug) no gift card and i call them up for the 3rd time get the same responce we will put in a request and you will get it in 14 days

tell them hell with it Im contacing the BBB... i did and in around 3 to 5 days later i got my gift card

point is best buy was never going to send out that gift card until the BBB got in the deal[/QUOTE]

?

BTW - I don't believe Best Buy cares about the BBB. Most consumers are using the BBB to validate local, "mom & pop" stores and mostly service industry businesses. Plus, I don't think the BBB has as much stigma today as they used to 10-20 years ago.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Got Fallout New Vegas (PS3), Darksiders (360), and Enslaved (360). Did I make the right decision in choosing New Vegas over Vanquish?[/QUOTE]

More gameplay value out of it for sure.

I ordered 6 games and 3 (the ones I wanted the most) are on back order. The other 3 say they can't be cancelled now because they're in process, so I'm assuming if I cancel the back ordered games I should be able to return the other ones I'll get in the mail with no problems, right?

[quote name='gldoorii']I ordered 6 games and 3 (the ones I wanted the most) are on back order. The other 3 say they can't be cancelled now because they're in process, so I'm assuming if I cancel the back ordered games I should be able to return the other ones I'll get in the mail with no problems, right?[/QUOTE]

I feel as if though we're all getting the same games backordered...

At worst you're going to have to go complain to CS.

Has anyone ordered pre-owned games from BB before? I've never bought them in the store either. Do they come with a sticker that is "sealing" the game so the store knows if it's been "opened" or not if you try to return it?

words of advice...if it says "Ships in 6-10 days" on the used product page..you prob shouldn't order it..and just got a backorder notice for 2 of my games...BUT THE ONE THATS NOT BACKORDERED IS THE FREE ONE BWAHAHA.

[quote name='gldoorii']Has anyone ordered pre-owned games from BB before? I've never bought them in the store either. Do they come with a sticker that is "sealing" the game so the store knows if it's been "opened" or not if you try to return it?[/QUOTE]
They come re-sealed in plastic with a pre-owned sticked on it and another sticker covering the original barcode.

Way I look at it, if I can't pick them up locally...I don't need them. I'm not about to go through the headache of waiting weeks to get a $5 game.

Apparently my local store has one of my back-ordered games in stock, I'm thinking I may try calling CS over my lunch break and see if I can get that one switched to store pickup.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Apparently my local store has one of my back-ordered games in stock, I'm thinking I may try calling CS over my lunch break and see if I can get that one switched to store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was trying to save money by shipping my games but 1 is backordered and the other 2 say 6-10 days. Now I see one of my BBY (not super close 20 miles one way) has all 3 in stock. I am not going to order them though because I cannot cancel the 2 games that are "shipping". It used to be the games were not in the dam stores and everything was online. :wall:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I was trying to save money by shipping my games but 1 is backordered and the other 2 say 6-10 days. Now I see one of my BBY (not super close 20 miles one way) has all 3 in stock. I am not going to order them though because I cannot cancel the 2 games that are "shipping". It used to be the games were not in the dam stores and everything was online. :wall:[/QUOTE]

I understand that gripe. For the longest time I could never find the pre-owned in-store. Apparently the inventory is finally starting to trickle out.

Hey Fellas,

I haven't really read an answer when it comes to the backorders. I ordered 3 games (Nier, The Incredible Hulk, and Qauntum of Solace) and The Hulk went on backorder. Should I wait it out or should I call CS and try to pick it up around me somewhere?

Thanks for your reply.

*edit: I called Customer Service and they said it wasn't available for store pickup. She said that it would remain on backorder status and I would be able to renew that status every 30 days. I just hope it will ship eventually. I don't mind waiting with my backlog.

Has anyone asked in advance whether or not a particular game was on backorder, gotten confirmation that it wasn't, and it was still backordered anyway? I chatted online with some CS rep and confirmed that none of the games I want are on backorder, but I'm still concerned.

Will the gamers club coupons stack with this deal? Was thinking about using the $5 off one and the fable 3 one and get something else free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back