Big Sale on Xbox 360 and PC Games/Accessories at MicrosoftStore.com

tackhawk

CAGiversary!
A lot of the prices were just lowered even further. If you were holding back before, you might want to check one last time before the year ends. There is another topic about this, but it shows the old prices. I'm creating this one for it to get a little bit better visibility. There are other "deals" but some of them aren't in stock (Skyrim, SFxTekken, Starcraft 2).

EDIT (1/18): Most of the 'Highlights' and best deals are no longer in stock. There is a chance some of these will come back in stock, but your best bet is probably to try and price match or get lucky with a local Microsoft Store having it in stock.

http://holiday.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.List/Xbox-Black-Friday-Game-Deals/categoryID.67557100/size.80?Icid=Xbox360Games_Spot_6_Clearnace_122513

In Stock as of last edit (1/18):

Darksiders 2 - 8.99

Fuse - 9.99

Aliens: Colonial Marines - 6.99

Medal of Honor Warfighter - 4.99

Neverdead - 4.99

Darkspore (PC) - 2.99
Xbox 360 Highlights (Out of Stock / Price match):

Skyrim - 4.99

SFxTekken Special Edition - 4.99

Dishonored - 4.99

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - 4.99

Borderlands 2 - 4.99

Star Trek - 4.99

Quake 4 - 4.99

Remember me - 8.99

DmC - 6.99

Far Cry 3 (xbox360) - 6.99

Resident Evil: Revelations - 8.99

Resident Evil 6 - 5.99

Just Dance 4 - 4.99

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance - 7.49

Starcraft 2 (HoD) - 7.49

Also mentioned (thanks DealSeeker4U):

Hitman Absolution Professional Edition: $14.99 

Dead Island Rigor Mortis Edition: $14.99 

Assassins Creed 4 Limited Edition: $59.99 

Kontrol Freeks Prestige: $3.99 

CoD Ghosts Hardened: $54.99 (Comes with season pass) 

Injustice Collectors Edition: $29.99 

Ghosts Turtle Beach Headset: $49.99 (Pretty good Turtle Beach/ Tritton sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was this close to paying $33 for the Injustice statue alone on ebay a few days ago, something I've wanted for a while.  Nice to get the whole thing new with the game for $40 after tax.

Now to trade or sell that PS4 Ultimate version I have...

1336894801890.jpg

My wallet!

I only ordered a couple of games before and the order was shipped in a bubble mailer (both game cases were completely crushed).  This time I ordered four games so hopefully they'll send a box...

If only they would work on ps3, they look like damn sexy headphones!

I only ordered a couple of games before and the order was shipped in a bubble mailer (both game cases were completely crushed). This time I ordered four games so hopefully they'll send a box...
I'd file a complaint with your post office. I've sent and received 50+ games in bubble mailers without any problems.

Looks like I missed MGR. SFxT special edition was also dirt cheap. Would've liked it for the comic I can probably find online for free.

Paid $15 and $10 for FC3 and Dishonored on the last sale and they're not even here yet... wonder if I can get the difference back.

They said no... although I could return my first order and rebuy them. But you have to call them for an RMA. Too much work.
Also tried, had an order on 12/25 for $10 each on BL2 & Tekken (BL2 arrived, Tekken in transit) asked if they would price match the new lower $7 price and the rep said he understood me but MS policy is they do not PM and all sales are final. Returning is only an option if it's defective. Was worth a shot.

Snagged a Dishonored. Figured for $7, it's worth a try. Thanks, OP!

Tempted by the Tritton Warheads, but I just got a set of XP400's from BB for $99 a few months back.

after buying my first order i went back in and got 2 copys of Defiance (one for me one for son) and i was gonna order another for a friend but its now sold out. glad i got ours last night

If I wasn't about to buy a new PC, I would probably bite on a bunch of stuff to add to the backlog. Might try to PM at TRU so I can use my discount, depending on how much cash I have left after the computer.

Best of luck to those getting the good deals, but over the holidays I had the worst problems I've ever had with an online retailer with the Microsoft Store.  Their customer service is absolutely the worst.  No one ever returns calls or emails, despite taking your information and making promises to do so.  I had to call them like seven times and every single time they had like no record of any previous contact, so it was like starting at square one again.  Endless hold times and people that barely speak English.  Multiple escalations that never went anywhere.

I ordered three games and was only sent one in an envelope only big enough to fit one (not like two were stolen).  Getting the other two sent apparently required the approval of Bill Gates himself, so after dealing with it for weeks and threatening a BBB report they finally refunded my card and I missed out on the deals.  No sorry, here's a discount or credit to make up for our screw up - just the absolute minimum effort.

My opinion is that if their ordering system is giving you fits, take it as a sign and walk away.  Because they will not fix any problem that comes up as a result.  And if you are ordering it on the same account you use for XBoxLive a chargeback is not an option because they will ban your account for non-payment and you lose all of your Live games and content.

Best of luck to those getting the good deals, but over the holidays I had the worst problems I've ever had with an online retailer with the Microsoft Store. Their customer service is absolutely the worst. No one ever returns calls or emails, despite taking your information and making promises to do so. I had to call them like seven times and every single time they had like no record of any previous contact, so it was like starting at square one again. Endless hold times and people that barely speak English. Multiple escalations that never went anywhere.

I ordered three games and was only sent one in an envelope only big enough to fit one (not like two were stolen). Getting the other two sent apparently required the approval of Bill Gates himself, so after dealing with it for weeks and threatening a BBB report they finally refunded my card and I missed out on the deals. No sorry, here's a discount or credit to make up for our screw up - just the absolute minimum effort.

My opinion is that if their ordering system is giving you fits, take it as a sign and walk away. Because they will not fix any problem that comes up as a result. And if you are ordering it on the same account you use for XBoxLive a chargeback is not an option because they will ban your account for non-payment and you lose all of your Live games and content.
You do realize that you're dealing with Digital River... and not Microsoft.

Scroll down to the bottom of the store pages:

"This site is hosted by Digital River"

Went for Inversion, Borderlands 2, Price is Right Decades, a set of Control Freeks and Anarchy Reigns. Surprised it went through since the last two orders I tried on Microsoft's store didn't go through.

You do realize that you're dealing with Digital River... and not Microsoft.

Scroll down to the bottom of the store pages:

"This site is hosted by Digital River"
Yep, I know that. Regardless, I didn't say "Microsoft", I said "Microsoft Store" which is exactly who this thread is about. Not sure what your point is other than to say "hey I know something special". The customer support I dealt with was the correct place for where I ordered, and others will be ordering from here. Should they get an issue, they will have to call the same number I did. I don't care if the site is hosted by Shoney's Big Boy, this is what happened when dealing with the support for ordering from the same place in the OP. And from what I saw, my experience is not unique. Buyer beware. The site is buggy, and their customer support is very unhelpful in fixing problems.

Yep, I know that. Regardless, I didn't say "Microsoft", I said "Microsoft Store" which is exactly who this thread is about. Not sure what your point is other than to say "hey I know something special". The customer support I dealt with was the correct place for where I ordered, and others will be ordering from here. Should they get an issue, they will have to call the same number I did. I don't care if the site is hosted by Shoney's Big Boy, this is what happened when dealing with the support for ordering from the same place in the OP. And from what I saw, my experience is not unique. Buyer beware. The site is buggy, and their customer support is very unhelpful in fixing problems.
Um.. do you even no who Digital River is? I guess I'll spell it out for you since you seem to think I was trying to be rude to you in my previous post and seem to have no clue what youre talking about.

Digital River is a 3rd party company that other companies outsource to sell their products and handle customer service. They are very popular in the game industry with big names from Capcom, Namco, Square Enix using them and even yes -- Microsoft. They can care less about customer service to you or making you happy as their primary role is to fulfill orders. Their business units are most likely stretched very thin across the company handling multiple vendor orders at any given time.

They have no connection with the company other than the ones fufilling and handling customer support. You say you wont buy another game from "X" company? They dont care as the sale does not directly affect them. They get paid either way. (They used to fulfill THQ and when theywent under, guess what happened to Digital River? Nothing its business as usual with one less company to fulfill orders for).

If you were expecting Amazon type CS then you're in for a surprise with them. They most likely have a fail rate / complaint rate with their current contract and only when it approaches critical levels will they give a crap as they want a renewal for future business.

Last time I had to return an item to the MS store, it was a pain-in-the-a phone call, and the rep wanted me to explain why I am returning. Being spoiled by Amazon this is somewhat annoying and makes me hesitant to make my purchases at the MS store.

I ordered a few things this morning, no problem.

Revisited this thread, heard about Remember me and tried to place a new order. Site seems to be borked. 

Anyone else having difficulties?

*To be more specific - once I click checkout it attempts to process the order and I land on sort of a broken page with nothing but a header and footer.  Damn it site, don't you want my money?! haha

Revisited this thread, heard about Remember me and tried to place a new order. Site seems to be borked.

*To be more specific - once I click checkout it attempts to process the order and I land on sort of a broken page with nothing but a header and footer. Damn it site, don't you want my money?! haha
I haven't been able to place an order with three different browsers since the sale launched. I kind of gave up.

*To be more specific - once I click checkout it attempts to process the order and I land on sort of a broken page with nothing but a header and footer. Damn it site, don't you want my money?! haha
You should have been there during BF, MS Store was all kinds of "fun".

Um.. do you even no who Digital River is? I guess I'll spell it out for you since you seem to think I was trying to be rude to you in my previous post and seem to have no clue what youre talking about.

Digital River is a 3rd party company that other companies outsource to sell their products and handle customer service. They are very popular in the game industry with big names from Capcom, Namco, Square Enix using them and even yes -- Microsoft. They can care less about customer service to you or making you happy as their primary role is to fulfill orders. Their business units are most likely stretched very thin across the company handling multiple vendor orders at any given time.

They have no connection with the company other than the ones fufilling and handling customer support. You say you wont buy another game from "X" company? They dont care as the sale does not directly affect them. They get paid either way. (They used to fulfill THQ and when theywent under, guess what happened to Digital River? Nothing its business as usual with one less company to fulfill orders for).

If you were expecting Amazon type CS then you're in for a surprise with them. They most likely have a fail rate / complaint rate with their current contract and only when it approaches critical levels will they give a crap as they want a renewal for future business.
Look, apparently YOU are misunderstanding what I said. I know who Digital River is and what they are doing. My whole point was dealing with Microsoft Store online results in this happening. Be it because their fulfillment is Digital River or whoever bears absolutely ZERO impact on the situation. I never said I wouldn't buy a game from Microsoft again, go back and read my posts again. I've gone back and read my posts again, and I simply do not see what you seem to think I was saying. And yeah, I did take your post as being rude, given it had no bearing on what I was saying, assumed I said things that I did not and had a condescending tone. It's like walking up to a group of people talking about a football game, then inserting yourself by saying "you DO realize they got a new office manager in the head office last week". Thanks for the input.

If it makes you happy, then fine, the point of my post is buyer beware when ordering from DIGITAL RIVER. Feel better? Of course, most people won't realize by saying that that this is what they are doing when they order from the Microsoft Store online, which is what this whole deal involves. And just out of curiosity, Microsoft has chosen Digital River to represent them, so that bears no impact in your eyes on the company itself? To the average user Microsoft Store = Digital River because Microsoft has contracted them, and you cannot order from their online store without dealing with Digital River.

I wasn't expecting Amazon type customer service, I was expecting them to send me what I ordered. And to correct the mistake within a reasonable timeframe when I called them. Is that what is considered "Amazon-like" customer service these days? To me, that should be the minimum. Unfortunately, as I said that took many phone calls and emails over several weeks and hours on hold, to which I received almost zero response. Oh and I was really nice about it too, it isn't like I was yelling at them or anything - despite my annoyance. And on top of it all, the deal that was advertised and I ordered was completely lost in the process, by the time it was all resolved of course it was back to regular price.

I thought this had bearing on the conversation, especially since several posted they were having ordering issues. If you get what you ordered, then great. If not, expect to have difficulties in getting it resolved.

Staring hard at the Tritton Warheads.  I've read that the audio is solid, but not elite compared to the competition.  But can you do better than this at $110 or less?  I'm looking at this as an audio only headset, don't care about chat.

I ordered hitman absolution collectors edition and some kontrol freeks thing. Both are instock but I just got a email saying only the hitman game got shipped and charged just for that. What happened to my kontrol freeks?

I never recieved another email for them though. Maybe they just hate bulk shipping o_O cause I ordered the injustice CE for a friend and I got that email aswell. Just no email for the kontrol freeks.
they didnt ship yet then. i had 4 games ordered and 2 of the 4 shipped and they shipped separately. don't worry you'll get the email when they ship it

Best of luck to those getting the good deals, but over the holidays I had the worst problems I've ever had with an online retailer with the Microsoft Store. Their customer service is absolutely the worst. No one ever returns calls or emails, despite taking your information and making promises to do so. I had to call them like seven times and every single time they had like no record of any previous contact, so it was like starting at square one again. Endless hold times and people that barely speak English. Multiple escalations that never went anywhere.

I ordered three games and was only sent one in an envelope only big enough to fit one (not like two were stolen). Getting the other two sent apparently required the approval of Bill Gates himself, so after dealing with it for weeks and threatening a BBB report they finally refunded my card and I missed out on the deals. No sorry, here's a discount or credit to make up for our screw up - just the absolute minimum effort.

My opinion is that if their ordering system is giving you fits, take it as a sign and walk away. Because they will not fix any problem that comes up as a result. And if you are ordering it on the same account you use for XBoxLive a chargeback is not an option because they will ban your account for non-payment and you lose all of your Live games and content.
Yup to many think it is untrue info to... To bad they run the company like the soup guy on seinfeld...

Look, apparently YOU are misunderstanding what I said. I know who Digital River is and what they are doing. My whole point was dealing with Microsoft Store online results in this happening. Be it because their fulfillment is Digital River or whoever bears absolutely ZERO impact on the situation. I never said I wouldn't buy a game from Microsoft again, go back and read my posts again. I've gone back and read my posts again, and I simply do not see what you seem to think I was saying. And yeah, I did take your post as being rude, given it had no bearing on what I was saying, assumed I said things that I did not and had a condescending tone. It's like walking up to a group of people talking about a football game, then inserting yourself by saying "you DO realize they got a new office manager in the head office last week". Thanks for the input.

If it makes you happy, then fine, the point of my post is buyer beware when ordering from DIGITAL RIVER. Feel better? Of course, most people won't realize by saying that that this is what they are doing when they order from the Microsoft Store online, which is what this whole deal involves. And just out of curiosity, Microsoft has chosen Digital River to represent them, so that bears no impact in your eyes on the company itself? To the average user Microsoft Store = Digital River because Microsoft has contracted them, and you cannot order from their online store without dealing with Digital River.

I wasn't expecting Amazon type customer service, I was expecting them to send me what I ordered. And to correct the mistake within a reasonable timeframe when I called them. Is that what is considered "Amazon-like" customer service these days? To me, that should be the minimum. Unfortunately, as I said that took many phone calls and emails over several weeks and hours on hold, to which I received almost zero response. Oh and I was really nice about it too, it isn't like I was yelling at them or anything - despite my annoyance. And on top of it all, the deal that was advertised and I ordered was completely lost in the process, by the time it was all resolved of course it was back to regular price.

I thought this had bearing on the conversation, especially since several posted they were having ordering issues. If you get what you ordered, then great. If not, expect to have difficulties in getting it resolved.
Why this country is going down the pooper cause companies have to much power and then we got replies like you got trying to troll and put blame on you and DR... MS hired them so blame them but they are a perfect couple of evil.

bread's done
Back