Big Sale on Xbox 360 and PC Games/Accessories at MicrosoftStore.com

tackhawk

CAGiversary!
A lot of the prices were just lowered even further. If you were holding back before, you might want to check one last time before the year ends. There is another topic about this, but it shows the old prices. I'm creating this one for it to get a little bit better visibility. There are other "deals" but some of them aren't in stock (Skyrim, SFxTekken, Starcraft 2).

EDIT (1/18): Most of the 'Highlights' and best deals are no longer in stock. There is a chance some of these will come back in stock, but your best bet is probably to try and price match or get lucky with a local Microsoft Store having it in stock.

http://holiday.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.List/Xbox-Black-Friday-Game-Deals/categoryID.67557100/size.80?Icid=Xbox360Games_Spot_6_Clearnace_122513

In Stock as of last edit (1/18):

Darksiders 2 - 8.99

Fuse - 9.99

Aliens: Colonial Marines - 6.99

Medal of Honor Warfighter - 4.99

Neverdead - 4.99

Darkspore (PC) - 2.99
Xbox 360 Highlights (Out of Stock / Price match):

Skyrim - 4.99

SFxTekken Special Edition - 4.99

Dishonored - 4.99

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - 4.99

Borderlands 2 - 4.99

Star Trek - 4.99

Quake 4 - 4.99

Remember me - 8.99

DmC - 6.99

Far Cry 3 (xbox360) - 6.99

Resident Evil: Revelations - 8.99

Resident Evil 6 - 5.99

Just Dance 4 - 4.99

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance - 7.49

Starcraft 2 (HoD) - 7.49

Also mentioned (thanks DealSeeker4U):

Hitman Absolution Professional Edition: $14.99 

Dead Island Rigor Mortis Edition: $14.99 

Assassins Creed 4 Limited Edition: $59.99 

Kontrol Freeks Prestige: $3.99 

CoD Ghosts Hardened: $54.99 (Comes with season pass) 

Injustice Collectors Edition: $29.99 

Ghosts Turtle Beach Headset: $49.99 (Pretty good Turtle Beach/ Tritton sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I monitor their site for a week and the day my wife has to be CHECKED INTO THE HOSPITAL!!!!  all these things go on sale...rotten luck.

Of course I monitor their site for a week and the day my wife has to be CHECKED INTO THE HOSPITAL!!!! all these things go on sale...rotten luck.
I would care about my wife WAY more than some videogames (not saying that you don't).

Anyways just got the shipping confirmation for my copy of Deadpool. Didn't know they exclude weekends for shipping, so now the earliest my copy could arrive is Monday. I Really want to see the funny plot of the game.

I would care about my wife WAY more than some videogames (not saying that you don't).

Anyways just got the shipping confirmation for my copy of Deadpool. Didn't know they exclude weekends for shipping, so now the earliest my copy could arrive is Monday. Hopefully it gets here Tuesday. I Really want to see the funny plot of the game.
Guaranteed to tickle your funny bone. Deadpool is batshit insane in that game.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Ear Force Shadow Limited Edition .. Any good comments on this headset? I own a x12 with the original DSS amp. And I've been looking to get anther headaet since my girlfriend stepped on mine. Is this just a skinned x12?

Is Ghost Recon good? I never got the appeal of the Ghost games.
It's actually pretty damn good. In 2012, when Modern Warfare 3 was such a let down, my friends and I flocked to Future Soldier. Awesome game and an absolutely steal at that price point.

I snagged a copy of the Resident Evil 6 Archives considering all that's packaged, it's a great deal. Glad I passed on this at $80 I saw sometime last year. I really would of liked to grab DmC for $5.99; insta-buy at that price but it's OoS. :(

Well...I bought Inversion for $5.  Whatever I like Gears of War ripoffs, even kinda shitty ones.  I passed on Star Trek and Colonial Marines, though, and Ghost Recon was out of stock.

Thought about Deadpool but something tells me we'll see that for $9.99 from Gamefly soon enough.

Got Star Trek and Inversion for 5 each and I didn't even like Inversion. Most of the other games are OOS, even the horrible ones.

Grabbed DMC, Dishonored, and Hitman Absolution all price matched at BBY, they were also all considered platinum hits due to an error, which dropped one to free.  With the 10$ RZ cert, I paid $2.13 for 3 games.

Grabbed DMC, Dishonored, and Hitman Absolution all price matched at BBY, they were also all considered platinum hits due to an error, which dropped one to free. With the 10$ RZ cert, I paid $2.13 for 3 games.
What did they price match under? Doesn't the policy state that if the item is out of stock, they won't be able to price match?

Yeah. Some games show in stock but when you add them to cart the MS troll face shows up and says "Nope!."

I'm playing Deadpool right now. Borrowed it from a friend, the intro level was beyond hilarious, but otherwise the rest of the game is pretty meh so far. Still want to grab a copy considering it will most likely go up in the future.

What did they price match under? Doesn't the policy state that if the item is out of stock, they won't be able to price match?
All I can say, is that if you screenshot the page quick enough, it shows "add to cart". Used print outs for it and they never asked a question.

I'll answer my own question about b &m prices. They were not the same, but when I told them about the prices on the website they offered to match them. I got Hitman and Far Cry 3, both of which were only in the back room. Sadly, no 7.1 tritons...
Thanks for that! Went to my local store, got Remember Me, Resident Evil Revelations and DMC for $22. None of them where on the floor, they had to be pulled from the back. Manager had to override the price, but no problems at all. They didn't have Far Cry 3.

Same.

They actually lowered prices further on items that have been OOS a few days.
I bought games during the previous year's sale as well, and every game I've followed has never been restocked online, which is why I assume it's a clearance. Maybe they lower prices further to clear out remaining in-store inventory.

I really wanted CoD: Ghosts Hardened Edition (mostly for the cheap season pass since I already own the game) and DmC. I printed out the pages and went to Best Buy, 2 Wal-Marts and Target. Only tried DmC at Best Buy; they refused. First Wal-Mart said they only price match newspaper ads -- for CoD. Second Wal-Mart took forever but denied because they only match "local competitors" -- also for CoD. Target looked it up and was about to allow it but then they noticed both were OoS so they too denied me.

fuck. If either pop up again on the MS Store, I'll insta-buy them.

Best Buy price matched!! (YMMV)

Got Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Typically would cost like $100. Total? A cool $20.63 :)

I bought games during the previous year's sale as well, and every game I've followed has never been restocked online, which is why I assume it's a clearance. Maybe they lower prices further to clear out remaining in-store inventory.
What in store inventory?

What in store inventory?
They have brick&mortar stores too, but there is not many of them.

First post- has SC2: HOTS ever been in stock at 7.49? I can never get it when it goes down to 9.99, but 7.49 is insane!
I thought I saw it the other day but I could be wrong. Also most of their stuff that has been out of stock dropped in price anyways, without anything actually being restocked.

I got darksiders 2 at best buy with a print out of it at MS store and snagged a prototype 2 collectors ed for 20. Didn't see any cod:g boxes though. The Walmart near me has a ton of hardened editions at the bottom of the display case and one expensive headset for cod:g. I'm not sure if Walmart will price match it though.

if i screenshot the TB headset and bring it to bestbuy you think they'll price match as well?
i tested it out myself i just printed out the page and the cashier at best buy just priced matched it herself i noticed microsoft wasn't on the list but she just put "other competitors" in the system.

I haven't tried that trick yet and haven't determined if I will, but workers at my nearest BB often tend not to bother actually looking up price matches, simply taking my word for it. So YMMV, but I'd say your chances are decent, unlike stubborn-ass Walmart and always-verify Target.

Unrelated, I PM'd Pokemon X at BB the other day and the cute blonde got all Pokeflirtatious with me. It was nice but I kept my Diglett in my pants.

manage to snag Metal Gear Rising at my local Best buy and had them price match the online microsoft store price. might go back for some more games.

The manager at the local BBY is super firm on policy. She actually called Walmart one day to confirm they had an item in stock before agreeing to do the PM.

I wish I could get Borderlands 2 done but I just don't expect it to happen.

Has anyone had any luck price matching simply pulling up the site? Cuz that's what my Best Buy tends to do.
I got them to price match some things by showing them the item on the website through my phone. I only showed them the sale page but they clicked the item individually and then the manager noticed it said out of stock. He said he's not supposed to price match it if it's out of stock but then he also said that he didn't care and gave me the deal. So yeah, YMMV.

I got them to price match some things by showing them the item on the website through my phone. I only showed them the sale page but they clicked the item individually and then the manager noticed it said out of stock. He said he's not supposed to price match it if it's out of stock but then he also said that he didn't care and gave me the deal. So yeah, YMMV.
I'm gonna give it a shot after work tomorrow. Wish me luck!

with all those bestbuys who are being strict about oh we can't price match because its Out of stock, im sure theres a pretty simple way to make it look in like its in stock...  ;) i mean all you would have to do is pretty much when you print the page with the product just save it as a pdf and edit it by whiting out the pesky out of stock part

with all those bestbuys who are being strict about oh we can't price match because its Out of stock, im sure theres a pretty simple way to make it look in like its in stock... ;) i mean all you would have to do is pretty much when you print the page with the product just save it as a pdf and edit it by whiting out the pesky out of stock part
Well, if they're gonna be ~strict~ about it, they'd also look up the site themselves, so...

How the hell did I not know revelations was $8.99 and Dishonored was $5? Screenshots PMable for these two would be great. Would like to try my luck at Target

Thanks OP!!!!! I went to my local Microsoft Store and picked up Metal Gear Rising ($7.49), Resident Evil Revelations ($8.99), and Remember Me ($8.99). I am thrilled.

I really figured they would be sold out but I found a really helpful employee who located them in the back room. So to any CAGS out there looking, be sure to ask someone to check! :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back