Bioshock 2 Limited Edition - $10 - Best Buy (Dead)

Gamegod2x

CAGiversary!
BioShock 2 Limited Edition - Xbox 360 - $10 (Free Shipping)

bioshock.2.special.edition.111909-580px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived tonight in less than great condition. It was packed in an oversized box with little support. The slipcover was crushed on the top and had a Best Buy sticker on it, so I assume it came from a store. The box had small notches on the top, which was probably the result of the security device. For the price, I can't complain about what I received, but I can complain about Best Buy half-assing the packaging.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Mine arrived in perfect condition. It was shipped in specialized packaging from the factory. Still had the "do not sell before" sticker.

How was yours shipped?[/QUOTE]

Mine was shipped the exact same way. Probably the best packaging I've ever seen.

What the hell.. Best Buy must of literally had these pulled from stores to fulfill online orders. My definitely was one that sat on a store shelf for a while with the spider wrap prior to it being shipped to me because it has a price tag on it and the corners are impressed from spider wrap and their is a three in tear in the sleeve.

I really have nothing to complain about though.. if I return it I'll feel shortled for just the $10 but I bought it to collect and it is in too shitty to do that either. I guess I'll just have to open and display the contents but damn. I thought when they shipped items they were new sealed items from a warehouse not ones that were displayed and handled in some best buy somewhere

[quote name='gamingdroid']Mine arrived in perfect condition. It was shipped in specialized packaging from the factory. Still had the "do not sell before" sticker.[/QUOTE]

Mine too.

One bad thing about Best Buy, their free shipping moves slower then a fart going upwind.

None of my Black Friday purchases have showed up yet, let alone the Bioshock 2 CE that I bought on the Monday before.

Even though the sleeve was damaged in a couple spots, and had a bestbuy price tag on it, I don't have any complaints for it being $10. The outer sleeve has been tossed in the trash, and the black box now sits next to the other collectibles I have.

[quote name='Blumpkin']One bad thing about Best Buy, their free shipping moves slower then a fart going upwind.

None of my Black Friday purchases have showed up yet, let alone the Bioshock 2 CE that I bought on the Monday before.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I have a few orders as well that I'm waiting on. Nothing has been shipped yet.

[quote name='krashhole']Even though the sleeve was damaged in a couple spots, and had a bestbuy price tag on it, I don't have any complaints for it being $10. The outer sleeve has been tossed in the trash, and the black box now sits next to the other collectibles I have.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of my take on my situation. Although I have a PS3 one (the sleeve cover is in good shape on that one) but without the sleeve cover they look identical. Unless I missed it I can't find a distinguishing mark on the outher box.

[quote name='Blumpkin']One bad thing about Best Buy, their free shipping moves slower then a fart going upwind.

None of my Black Friday purchases have showed up yet, let alone the Bioshock 2 CE that I bought on the Monday before.[/QUOTE]

probably just depends on how far you are from the warehouses and what time you ordered ie someone who ordered at 1am on black fri is going to be way ahead of someone who ordered 1pm. that being said, everything i've ordered from 11-22 up to the helghast ed. deal has arrived at my house except the helghast ed which is still in process.

At issue with Bestbuy is sometimes their orders can stay in the same location for more than 24 hours even after they have traveled cross country.

[quote name='technicalstylez']someone who ordered at 1am on black fri is going to be way ahead of someone who ordered 1pm.[/QUOTE]
I wish that was true. I ordered just after 1 AM and mine is backordered while some people who ordered at 7 AM have already received theirs.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wish that was true. I ordered just after 1 AM and mine is backordered while some people who ordered at 7 AM have already received theirs.[/QUOTE]

hmm how did u pay? i paid w./ paypal so it might be that credit cards take longer to process due to verification and charging wheras with paypal the funds are taken immediately.

Received my copy yesterday. The sleeve is pretty torn up(obviously had been spider-wrapped).. still deciding if I'm going to return it or not.

I remember when the deal first hit and I got my two copies this Wednesday the 30th, a day earlier than they originally said. Granted there was a major holiday between ordering time and delivery it was fast enough for me and the price was right. Because let's face it, if they charged shipping it would cost more than the $9.50 product itself.

Anyway got both copies, one I opened the other I'm shipping to a friend as a gift and the sleeve is blemish free but the box itself has a weird minor dent. But it was fully wrapped up as new and both boxes have a crazy amount of cardboard packaging material and even have the original "Do not open until 2-9-10" stickers on the shipping box. So these were just sitting in a major warehouse, never sold, likely never made it to stores period in the boxes that came from the production line. Crazy, no?

I have a couple cheapo games coming in as well from Best Buy, I'll see how fast those come in but I can't imagine it won't be any slower. Any case, good luck with you guys, it's a bang up collection. The only way it could have been better is if it also had the Big Sister/Little Sister figurines that Toys R Us had when the game launched. But really I can't complain too much now can I?

[quote name='technicalstylez']hmm how did u pay? i paid w./ paypal so it might be that credit cards take longer to process due to verification and charging wheras with paypal the funds are taken immediately.[/QUOTE]
I used PayPal as well. I've been trying to figure out what happened, but I haven't been able to get ahold of customer service yet.

Received my copy yesterday and it threw me off, because it didn't have the sleeve at all! Otherwise the box was in perfect condition and still sealed, so I think I might let this one slide. Kind of annoying, however.

[quote name='Masume']Received my copy yesterday and it threw me off, because it didn't have the sleeve at all! Otherwise the box was in perfect condition and still sealed, so I think I might let this one slide. Kind of annoying, however.[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing that happened to me.... I was taken aback at first, but really for $10 I can't complain. The box was in pristine condition so clearly the sleeve was either lost or badly damaged and they just left it off.

[quote name='kramer0731']Exact same thing that happened to me.... I was taken aback at first, but really for $10 I can't complain. The box was in pristine condition so clearly the sleeve was either lost or badly damaged and they just left it off.[/QUOTE]
I think there was a reprint or at least different versions of this. I saw an unboxing of a version with the outer sleeve, and the inner box didn't have the BioShock 2 logo on it, only the butterfly image. My copy, without the sleeve, does have the logo under the butterfly. So I don't think it ever had a sleeve in the first place.

i'm pretty upset. I ordered at 12:20am on 11/26 and people that ordered much later are getting theirs, and mine is on backorder. Why do I always get screwed on deals! Same shiz happened with the Amazon Penny Deals!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man is this true. I got Metroid: Other M relatively quickly, but everything else is taking FOREVER. Bioshock 2 should be coming today, and my Toy Story 3 :360: is stuck in Streamlite/USPS limbo somewhere. BB Customer Service is getting a call today. My Lara Croft trilogy better not get stuck there too!

Used PayPal, bought it on 11/21, received it yesturday.

It was literally the first item I bought during the BF "week" and it was the first item I've gotten so far. Bought other stuff from BB (games + accessories) and I think using PayPal does mean it gets processed faster. Maybe because it's linked directly to your bank account?

Bought some other stuff from Buy.com from like 11/21-11/23 and I've just got some of those items yesturday, so I agree BB's confirmation and shipping is extremely slow. Especially when I'm used to Amazon Prime's services.

AP's 2 day free shipping has spoiled me, lol. I now expect all of my item to get here in 2 days and get annoyed when it takes about a week and a half to get here.

[quote name='ManChowder']Received my copy yesterday. The sleeve is pretty torn up(obviously had been spider-wrapped).. still deciding if I'm going to return it or not.[/QUOTE]

Unless the contents or the case is really, really, damaged why would you? It was $10 and the game itself will almost cover that. Not to mention I doubt you would have a hard time selling it to a CAG here that had their order lost/delayed/whatever or just generally anyone. That black box with the handprint butterfly is hauntingly beautiful.

I am not all that thrilled with Best Buy as of yet. I placed 3 orders (a bluray, xbox 360, and Bioshock 2), the latest being on 11/25 and every single one of them still says "In Process"...Amazon has spoiled me!

[quote name='iamsobroke']i'm pretty upset. I ordered at 12:20am on 11/26 and people that ordered much later are getting theirs, and mine is on backorder. Why do I always get screwed on deals! Same shiz happened with the Amazon Penny Deals!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I ordered mine the Monday before BF and it is maybe 15 miles away ATM. I think most people getting theirs now ordered long before you.

I'm actually surprised they let you order the deal that late. I was afraid I missed out when I ordered on the 21st.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I used PayPal as well. I've been trying to figure out what happened, but I haven't been able to get ahold of customer service yet.[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem with several of my BB orders. I think I have 5 in process that were ordered Thursday (other items like Big Bang Theory).

Got B2SE 3 days ago and in exellent shape ,no bumps or bruises...sure beats the one i got for 18 at Target clearance that was beat down...I have to place a call about SWTFU2CE that arrived yesterday and the box was frayed a little but there was no tape at the top and the flap was torn and open...maybe im being anal but if i pay for a CE no matter at what price i at least expect it to be sealed. Now im just waiting on Vanquish,Tropico 4, DA:O, Bulletstorm and Other M...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think there was a reprint or at least different versions of this. I saw an unboxing of a version with the outer sleeve, and the inner box didn't have the BioShock 2 logo on it, only the butterfly image. My copy, without the sleeve, does have the logo under the butterfly. So I don't think it ever had a sleeve in the first place.[/QUOTE]

interesting! the ps3 one i got from gamestop when it was on clearance has the bioshock 2 logo and the 360 one i just got from best buy has it as well.

Just got mine. It was slightly damaged at the top, nothing that is really worth getting excited over. Pretty much great condition. Wouldn't be too surprised if it was because the UPS guy literally dropped the package at my doorstep.

I ordered mine on the 21st and it got here yesterday. The slip cover and box have damage on the top and bottom from the spider (is that the name for them?) electronic tag that must have been on it. The slip cover also has enough marks and gouges that I thought at first it was embossed everywhere, not just the logo. The contents are all perfect, but that's to be expected.

The only thing that saves me from being super disappointed is that it was only $10, but the damage is bad enough that I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I assume this was coming from a warehouse, so why the need for the spider tags and what's the excuse for the damage?

Sidenote: the posters included are kind of lame. Of all the great art assets in the Bioshock world, they chose three especially lame images. I haven't looked at them under a blacklight, but I doubt that will save them.

Just got mine today too. Slip cover has some very minor damage but no big deal. But wow, this is one fine collectors edition! I'm very impressed by the quality of all the contents. Well worth every penny even though I only care for the first game and not the second.

just got mine and it was in the "do not sell until" box. the tape holding the sleeve at the bottom was torn but the sleeve and box were good.

Got mine few days ago, came perfect in the box it originally shipped in. I had the ps3 one from year or so ago when Walmart had it for 30. Now I will use the extra set of posters etc. The box art is awesome, (without sleeve) looks great on shelf

Just received mines now. The sclipcover is damaged and the box has small dents on the edges. It doesn't really bother me though since it was only $10. Would've been nice if it was in better condition though.

The slip cover on mine was ripped as well, a good 3 inch rip at least. The back was ripped too. This is ridiculous, but for $10 I'll let it slide.

Mine came in the original shipping carton. Perfect condition. I got this one to keep sealed, I already have one I've opened from Target a long time ago. That one is pretty beat up, I'm happy to have one in good shape for collecting purposes.

Mine arrived yesterday. Slipcover torn, but inner contents perfect. This thing weighs 8lbs(!). BB barely covered shipping @ 9.50. Why don't they ship these out the the stores and at least make a little $.

To anyone picking this up for the 1st time - try putting the posters under a black light - you will be pleasantly surprised! A nice little addition to make it feel even more a part of Rapture.

bread's done
Back