Bioshock 2 Limited Edition - $10 - Best Buy (Dead)

Gamegod2x

CAGiversary!
BioShock 2 Limited Edition - Xbox 360 - $10 (Free Shipping)

bioshock.2.special.edition.111909-580px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigC777']To anyone picking this up for the 1st time - try putting the posters under a black light - you will be pleasantly surprised! A nice little addition to make it feel even more a part of Rapture.[/QUOTE]

Haha that's pretty neat.

This is indeed a very nice CE set. As far as I'm concerned, these were free from BB, all we had to pay was discounted shipping. :p

Got mine last night and it was packed really horribly. There was a huge gash/hole in one side of the box and almost no packing materials. The slipcover is pretty banged up around the edges. Oh well. I'm probably just going to toss this in a closet and never open it anyway.

[quote name='KtMack23']Is the actual game any good? I've never played either one.[/QUOTE]
Most would tell you, the gameplay is more refined in the second, but the story and atmosphere is better in the first. I'm personally of the opinion that 2 is better in both areas. And you should give the multiplayer a try; it's not everyone's cup of tea but some of us liked it a lot.

Got mine last night. Like a lot of peoples, it was packaged pretty terribly. The box it was in was about 3-4x bigger than the item and it only had a couple of those air pillow things. The box also looked like it was delivered by Ace Ventura as it was smashed, dented, and covered in different colors and kinds of tape on just about all sides. The game itself is ok, but the slipcover looks like it was chewed on by a rat. Oh well, guess I can't expect much for $10.

Woot! just got mines last night, great condition, keeping it sealed since I already have the game. (in my backlog) Daym you CAG! I need to quit you!

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Is/was yours backordered?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I ordered late on 11/26, and it currently shows as backordered. Hopefully the status will change tomorrow.

I got mine in the mail with no imperfections whatsoever. What a great pickup! The blacklight posters are sweet. I have no way to listen to the record, but very cool collectible.

Okay, so the really hard part is going to be finding a poster/picture frame and blacklight for the lythographs. I really want to display them all together.

[quote name='cplater']Best Buy just charged my card. I'm assuming that means mine will ship sometime this week. *fingers crossed*[/QUOTE]

Charged mine also. Still says back ordered though. Wonder if its just the system renewing the pending charge. I dunno.

[quote name='cplater']Yes, I ordered late on 11/26, and it currently shows as backordered. Hopefully the status will change tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold your breath. I ordered on 11/25 and its still backordered.

They charged me the day after I placed my order (25th I think), and have yet to get anything from them besides an email saying its backordered and should ship within 1-2 weeks

[quote name='ShadowSx']They charged me the day after I placed my order (25th I think), and have yet to get anything from them besides an email saying its backordered and should ship within 1-2 weeks[/QUOTE]

It's not a charge, it's just a pre-authorization.

[quote name='darksurtur']It's not a charge, it's just a pre-authorization.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on the 25th, card charged on the 27th. The only pending charge I have on the card is an order I placed with BB today.

Still backordered.

[quote name='KtMack23']I just canceled mine because I'd given up hope, if they get restocked tomorrow I'll be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you would cancel it. I won't go as far to say that I'm confident that I'm getting one, but I'm not canceling anything.

No sir, not for $10.

[quote name='KtMack23']I just canceled mine because I'd given up hope, if they get restocked tomorrow I'll be pissed.[/QUOTE]

So uh, why would you cancel it if you still want it?

Someone at Best Buy finally got back to me. They don't have any info for me yet, but I feel a little better now that I've got my foot in the door. Not sure if they'll actually be able to do anything for me, but we'll see...

[quote name='TopsideKracker']I wouldn't hold your breath. I ordered on 11/25 and its still backordered.[/QUOTE]

same, ordered on 11/25 and still back-ordered. still waiting on this and my halo reach LE...

Mine showed up in pretty bad shape. Shipping box was perfect, but as others have discussed, slipcover torn, dents in the box. Perhaps these were blown out from shipments gathered by stores that they were too beat up to easily sell in a retail shop.

That or they just oopsie daisy found a couple of pallets of these that they wanted to get rid of. The price seemed nuts. I'm mildly annoyed, but not really pissed I guess. Will crack it open soon and play the record for novelty-sake. Sounds like I need to find a black light too.

[quote name='Peanut932']Mine came without a slip cover. I didn't open it, so I don't know whether it's for Xbox 360 or for PS3.[/QUOTE]

If you got it from this deal then it should be for 360; PS3 version wasn't on sale.

For those of you recieving your orders, could you state WHEN you placed your order to give those of us waiting an idea of when (or even IF) we can expect ours? I understand BB inventory will eventually run out on this, but at least it will give us an idea of where they are on fulfilling the list of orders.

i ordered mine on the 21st, received it the 28th. haven't actually opened it yet but the box they sent it to me in has a big yellow sticker that says 'DO NOT SELL BEFORE TUESDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2010' and talks about violations for breaking street date so i wonder if this box was ever opened.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']
For those of you recieving your orders, could you state WHEN you placed your order to give those of us waiting an idea of when (or even IF) we can expect ours? [/QUOTE]

I placed my order on 11/21 and received it this past Friday (12/2). As I said before the slip cover was badly torn, but everything inside was fine.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']11/25. Haven't received, labeled as back ordered, but my cc was charged on 12/3.[/QUOTE]

Could mean its processing, but then again I was charged on the 26th (ordered on 25th) and no update since, still back ordered.

Mine was placed on the first day the deal went live, minutes before it died the first time. Received it on Dec. 2, think it shipped the day after Thanksgiving if I remember right.

I ordered mine on 11/23/11 and received it on 12/01/11. I placed another order on 11/28 but that one is still back ordered. The LE box had a slight dent on the side of it.

I've given up on my order arriving. I'll give best buy a call soon and see what they say but I'll probably cancel before the new year.

Mine got here quick last week and I already beat it. Great game and a very impressive LE set.

What's with you guys saying you will cancel your orders because they are on backorder? Who cares? Bioshock 2 is pretty old and the only reason you ordered it was because it is WAY to good a deal to turn down. So what if it takes a month or so to get it?

My Bullestorm is on backorder, but for $7.50 why would I care?

[quote name='Dread Fox']Mine got here quick last week and I already beat it. Great game and a very impressive LE set.

What's with you guys saying you will cancel your orders because they are on backorder? Who cares? Bioshock 2 is pretty old and the only reason you ordered it was because it is WAY to good a deal to turn down. So what if it takes a month or so to get it?

My Bullestorm is on backorder, but for $7.50 why would I care?[/QUOTE]

^^^This... but if you guys want to cancel your order and improve my chances, then by all means...

[quote name='Dread Fox']Bioshock 2 is pretty old and the only reason you ordered it was because it is WAY to good a deal to turn down. So what if it takes a month or so to get it?[/QUOTE]
The point is there's absolutely NO point in waiting. BB is likely out of stock of the LEs, and obviously Take Two has stopped production of them so it's not like you just have to wait until they order some more from the manufactured and all of a sudden a brand new shipment. Anyone who did not get an order shipped by now is not getting an order period. BB will put all of those $10 charges in limbo until the end of time, gathering interest in and out.

But by all means, sit around and wait for an imaginary LE that will never come. Congrats to those of you that got in early and cleared out what little LE stock BB had left, but the rest of you still hanging around are simply on a Fool's Errand.

Just got off phone with Rep because mine is still on back order was told that yes they are getting more in and my purchase is still valid.

it at least makes me feel better.

[quote name='mitchondria']Just got off phone with Rep because mine is still on back order was told that yes they are getting more in and my purchase is still valid.

it at least makes me feel better.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear, mine is still backordered as well, but I have plenty of games to get through first so I don't mind waiting. Thanks for sharing.

If there was anyone who wanted to get the BioShock 2 LE and you missed the deal PM me. I bought two(not sure why) and if anyone wants a second one let me know. I will sell if for the same price I bought it for ($10) just need to have the shipping paid for, i have no idea what that would cost though. I would also trade it for another game as well. PM if interested. Thanks

bread's done
Back