Blocked Bidders List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extreme Pain in the Ass or Failed Scammer: soteloxx69

contacted me AFTER I shipped his item about his PayPal and eBay address being outdated. I explained that I had no way of changing the shipping address since the item was already at USPS (and that shipping to an address not on the PayPal transaction details was a no-no). He requested a refund. I explained that would have to wait until after I got the item back, and would be minus shipping costs. I also recommended contacting his local USPS to set up a mail forwarding if he hadn't already done so.

He left me negative feedback AFTER the item was delivered.

EDIT: @sdragon: I added him to the OP Wiki already.

Nonpaying bidder:

isenberg4_123

Jerkass doesn't reply to any email I've sent him, and he just got feedback today from a seller for the exact same item for $1 less.

edit: already added to the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
3avbargains, for being a idiot.

They bought this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130591682413

I receive a message later the next day.

3avbargains - "Hi, I'm sorry but I didn't realize this only works with the old xbox. Can we cancel the transaction? Thanks"

I had already shipped the item and was a little irritated because no where did I state that it was for 360.

elitewombat - "Sorry, I already shipped them this morning."

The day they receive the item, I get this message:

3avbargains - "Hi, this item has broken plastic pieces inside, I want to return it. Can I"

Really there going to try to pull this on me. So I send back.

elitewombat - "Both of them have broken plastic pieces inside? Or just one? Because they
both were fine went I sent them out."

First they sent back the next day.

3avbargains - "I haven't got a response from you. I will have to leave a negative feedback and open a claim for not as described."

Then

3avbargains - "sorry I didn't see your reply, Ill take the loss for 20 bucks good luck"

Then

3avbargains - "I just examined your controller, its missing the end pieces on both and each controller had at least 10 dead lady bugs and we through the controllers out, god only knows what the lady bugs were eating in there"

My response:

elitewombat - "The listing states that there is no disconnect cables and if you had taken pictures of the lady bugs in the controllers, I would have refund your money."

Anyone have advise on what to do if they leave negative feedback for me?

aintgettingpaid
shelman23

These two are both non-paying bidders. I guess we get more idiots that are click happy around the holidays.

shawtyxred

is just trouble to deal with, I got a neutral for not reading her message in time to ship to a different address than the eBay Registered one. Well excuse me for shipping so quickly, I guess I should just wait a couple days before shipping each package out to let people change their address /sarcastic

hope-n-faith

bought an item from me with insurance, I sent it out and it was delivered on the 31st of December, but she left it out for 10 days before opening it on the 9th. Saw that she had been robbed and tried to blame me for "not sending anything in the box". Opened a case on eBay and I escalated it as i had proof of shipping weight and delivery confirmation. eBay ruled in my favor and I got to keep my money. She then left me negative feedback, which I had eBay promptly remove as they ruled in my favor.

What a hassle, don't deal with her.

Wow really guys blocking people for retracting bids. Seems a bit severe to me as occasionally I have retracted a bid for good reasons.

unitvan144

I've been selling on eBay for 10 years (2 of those years as a full time job) and I've never had anyone attempt to blatantly scam me. Until this person, and they claim to be a video game collector so BEWARE!

They bought a complete in box Pokemon game from me and claimed it was damaged, so I offered them a refund which they declined, they changed their story multiple times then opened a paypal case, then sent me back an obviously different cartridge only copy of the same game with a dead save battery. PayPal is currently deciding my fate, and unless they side with me, looks like I'm out a nice box, instruction manual, and working save battery (which this goober is currently enjoying).

[quote name='finsfan0210']Wow really guys blocking people for retracting bids. Seems a bit severe to me as occasionally I have retracted a bid for good reasons.[/QUOTE]
I've lost so much money, time and effort do to people retracting bids, rarely does anyone accept a second chance offer. Half the time it seems these are shills for someone else bidding up auctions past a responsible cost so there's will sell. I hate bid "retractors" every bit as much as the con artists on eBay, in fact (as a seller) you have more protection from the latter.

I'd love to read some good reasons for retractions, other than a hacked account I see few, if any.

Add

bamboocat

to the list.

Dammmmmnn

I have never had someone contact me on eBay act so freaking entitled to an item for not even having bid or won it!

I listed a doll last week with many watchers but the auction ended with no bids. Someone even offered to BIN the doll but I refused and let the auction run through (hey with so many watchers, I ought to make bazillions right? Nope). I re-list the doll again at a slightly lower price and 2 days later get a BIN offer with a 37% higher price then starting from another person and this time I gladly accepted.

BAM! Less then an hour after the sale I get a nasty message from a watcher telling me how upset they are with me for ending the auction early and that they had planned to bid 3 times the starting price.
The message was so nasty, as if I ran over her dog/cat, crash into her house and set it on fire. :hot:

I'm sure the watcher really wanted the doll and was willing to pay an arm and a leg for it but unfortunately did not bother to even bid or take the initiative to make an offer. Even if the watcher was willing to pay 3 times the starting price that however does not even guarantee the price will even go that high unless others were willing to bid high too (and nobody bid last week). If the doll had any bids I would have not ended the auction early.

I never even had "paying" customers this upset with me before. Even when their was a problem, most were very polite and never threaten to tell everyone they know about my "crappy selling practices". I have no regret taking the BIN offer and can't even imagine dealing with this "watcher" had they actually won the doll. :roll:

If someone from the non-paying bidder list here wins and pays, would you still ship to them or would you cancel/refund?

If you guys go to the mega sellers on ebay like lukiegames. Scroll their negs you'll find people to block.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I've lost so much money, time and effort do to people retracting bids, rarely does anyone accept a second chance offer. Half the time it seems these are shills for someone else bidding up auctions past a responsible cost so there's will sell. I hate bid "retractors" every bit as much as the con artists on eBay, in fact (as a seller) you have more protection from the latter.

I'd love to read some good reasons for retractions, other than a hacked account I see few, if any.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what's the point in forcing someone to pay. If they message me after the auction asking to cancel I do it , then relist, no problem. If I get no messages ebay does it auto after 4 days. Forcing someone to pay is just asking for trouble. The only time I would be pissed is if I sold something time sensitive.

[quote name='TiKi2']If you guys go to the mega sellers on ebay like lukiegames. Scroll their negs you'll find people to block.

[/QUOTE]

Toolhaus.org is great for seeing this information.

[quote name='kodave']If someone from the non-paying bidder list here wins and pays, would you still ship to them or would you cancel/refund?[/QUOTE]

I would send it. That's why I separated out the NPBs from scammers/pitas.

One is much worse than the other.

I also have no problem with bid retractions early in the process. When they cancel at the last minute, that screws things up.

This asshole bid on every single on of my items. I had to go through and cancel each bid. then he reregistered under a different username, sent me a nasty message and rebid on everything. Which I canceled all the bids again. The usernames are inkytheghost0182 (dudes 1st account) and harrypotter061185 (second account). Both are have 0 feedback.

[quote name='GBAstar']hey dummies... BIN with IPR will solve all your problems :)[/QUOTE]

It would also lose 25% in sales, but to each his own.

[quote name='slowdive21']It would also lose 25% in sales, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Proof please.

Edit. I'll do the work for you.

Video Game sold for $89.xx - BIN with IPR

FVF = $8.07

PayPal Fee = 2.9% of ~ $90 = $2.61

Total Fees = $10.68 on a $90 sale = less then 12%

[quote name='GBAstar']Proof please.

Edit. I'll do the work for you.

Video Game sold for $89.xx - BIN with IPR

FVF = $8.07

PayPal Fee = 2.9% of ~ $90 = $2.61

Total Fees = $10.68 on a $90 sale = less then 12%[/QUOTE]

Not money...customers. ;)

About 25% of my customers do not pay right away or email me asking if they can buy the item and wait until they "get paid on Friday".

[quote name='slowdive21']Not money...customers. ;)

About 25% of my customers do not pay right away or email me asking if they can buy the item and wait until they "get paid on Friday".[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suppose you're right.. but I"ve found that people are willing to pay more to secure an item now then wait it out in a auction style listing and if you have immediate payment required you don't have to play games with your bidders/buyers as they will already have paid.

The only reason I don't like BIN with IPR is that it can discourage discounts if a buyer is looking ot purchase multiple items from you but you can always quickly edit the auction and take IPR off and after they purchase the item send them a new invoice

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I suppose you're right.. but I"ve found that people are willing to pay more to secure an item now then wait it out in a auction style listing and if you have immediate payment required you don't have to play games with your bidders/buyers as they will already have paid.

The only reason I don't like BIN with IPR is that it can discourage discounts if a buyer is looking ot purchase multiple items from you but you can always quickly edit the auction and take IPR off and after they purchase the item send them a new invoice[/QUOTE]

I only use BIN (I have a store, but I think I am going to close it and go with the 100 free listings and add BIN to each...I just haven't done the math yet to see which is more cost effective.)

I have noticed that in the Video game category, I have much more problems than other categories, so I may require IPR on them.

As far as combining, I think I have only had 3 people in 3 years that wanted to combine shipping that weren't already set to combine in the listing.

IDK, I think I have to rework some stuff since ebay has changed so much. I am not sure I am getting the best value, even with the 20% top rated seller discount.

Add this one to the list
kevinpamila

This fucker paid & I sent him an online code. Then a week later he sent me an email asking if I was going to send him a card when I clearly stated in the auction I was sending the code via email in BIG RED letters.

Anyway he said the code I sent him didn't work. I even sent him instructions on how to redeem it - step by step - and came back saying he got 'invalid code'. So I contacted microsoft via chat & I was told the code was valid.

I have 100% feedback and didnt want to deal with him so I refunded the money. I sent him a request to go through with the transaction and he never responded after he got this money.

Has great feedback, so either he's an idiot who cant follow simple directions on how to redeem a code or he bought the code and then wanted to return it and 'claimed' it didn't work.

Please add:

EDIT:
Turned out to be a false alarm. Her package got delivered and she was grateful, sorry for the confusion.

Looking for seller advice. I sold one of my items on 4/28 and still haven't received payment from the buyer. I sent an invoice and sent them a reminder email. The buyer has a feedback of zero. What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks

add mayorido2012, cicssifeng

non paying bidders

[quote name='phishhead220']Looking for seller advice. I sold one of my items on 4/28 and still haven't received payment from the buyer. I sent an invoice and sent them a reminder email. The buyer has a feedback of zero. What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would just open a case, saying you want to cancel because the buyer changed their mind (under the resolve a problem option), and then add their name to this list. Basically you're giving them an out instead of doing the whole Buyer has not Paid option and waiting them out, I found they usually take the cancel the transaction option and you can relist your item.

[quote name='phishhead220']Looking for seller advice. I sold one of my items on 4/28 and still haven't received payment from the buyer. I sent an invoice and sent them a reminder email. The buyer has a feedback of zero. What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Shoot off another e-mail and if you don't mind or can afford to wait, give them a few more days and see if they pay and if they don't, just straight out file a NPB (Non-Paying Bidder). You can also follow the advice above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back