Blu-Rays/DVD with Movie Cash List and Deals

Just came back from Walmart. The movie cash is up to $7.50 and is for any Warner Brothers movie from 12/27 through 1/12. A list of movies that you can go see can be found at www.activaterewards.com/wbholiday. Picked up The Blind Side, The Book of Eli, The Shawshank Redemption, and Unknown on blu. Yogi Bear, Red Riding Hood, and Hall Pass on DVD.

that list of movies includes alot that came out in november.

happy feet 2
sherlock holmes 2
j edgar
harold and kumar christmas
loud and incredibly close
new years eve

[quote name='Animal7390']that list of movies includes alot that came out in november.

happy feet 2
sherlock holmes 2
j edgar
harold and kumar christmas
loud and incredibly close
new years eve[/QUOTE]

What is the point of giving movie money for movies not in a lot of theaters anymore? The theater closest to my house only has Sherlock and New Years.

Maybe they'll work on any movie. :).

On a side note, Unknown, The Town, and Inception (at least the ones that my family has opened) has been 2 discs with the digital copy. I can only personally confirm Unknown, though.

There have been some random movies with Underworld tickets. I know Priest and there are some others. I only saw them at Best Buy but there are several on Amazon that come with the same Underworld ticket.

Men of Valor Tickets (up to $7.50; expire 5/1/12) at Walmart on the following blu-rays...

All listed for $10
--------------------
Behind Enemy Lines
Courage Under Fire
Flyboys
Hart's War
ID4
Lions and Lambs
Live Free and Die Hard
Man on Fire
Marine
Master and Commander
Men of Honor
Navy Seals
Rescue Dawn
Tigerland
Valkyre
Windtalkers
X-Men 1
X-Men Origins
and 2 others I can't remember

[quote name='Mikerocosms']And if you've already entered the codes for those movies?

M[/QUOTE]Sometimes you end up with the reward, if it's not a timed purchase reward to get the movie cash. Only thing that might prevent that is the codes have to be entered between 02/24/12 and 04/15/12, regardless of when you purchased them.

I know I've got one or more of those titles, so I wonder if it's one per account or one per title.

too bad, the only elible title I have from the list is Prince Caspian and I redeemed it a long time ago. I don't have much interest in getting any others listed except perhaps the original Tron.

Disney also has a separate offer where, if you enter any two magic codes between now and May 31st you qualify to get A Bug's Life, Tinker Bell, or Bridge to Terrabithia on Blu. You just have to pay $3.95 for shipping.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/twoforblu

[quote name='shrike4242']I know I've got one or more of those titles, so I wonder if it's one per account or one per title.[/QUOTE]

This is what I would like to know as well, I redeemed Sorcerers Apprentice and still have Tron to redeem.

Well no luck finding any tickets for MoV at walmart. They can be sneaky. Sometimes they will put up a stand with the promo for the movies with the tickets which last about a week, then they go POOF.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1347871322&pf_rd_i=B0013BM63O

Amazon is giving a $12 ticket to John Carter with the purchase of select Disney DVDs. Beware though it only applies once per account and only with items sold from Amazon directly. When I checked most of the DVDs came from a 3rd party so pay attention if you do purchase. I also got my code right after purchasing the DVD.

Also I am guessing the code inside these movies will work for another $12 (or $8) ticket through DMR? If so that makes it a really good deal.

[quote name='skiizim']Has anybody figured out yet if the DMR John Carter Movie ticket is one per account?[/QUOTE]

It's not one per account. I just entered two codes and got two tickets. There might be a limit somewhere but I don't know.

[quote name='noone13']It's not one per account. I just entered two codes and got two tickets. There might be a limit somewhere but I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but I think I'm still SOL. I was just reading on another forum that the Tron Legacy/Tron Classic isn't registering for the movie ticket. Any truth to that? I don't want to register a movie for no reason.

[quote name='skiizim']Ok, but I think I'm still SOL. I was just reading on another forum that the Tron Legacy/Tron Classic isn't registering for the movie ticket. Any truth to that? I don't want to register a movie for no reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah from some reason those won't work. I would imagine it will get fixed rather soon though as those are two of the more popular movies on the list.

Looks like I had previously entered most of the ones I had for the promotion (Tron Classic, Tron Legacy, National Treasure, National Treasure 2, Prince Caspian), though I didn't redeem Sorcerer's Apprentice, so was good to go for a free John Carter movie ticket.

Looks like the E-movie cash facebook page just got updated posting tickets for GR 2, Lorax and Good Deeds.. I have yet to find any of these tickets on movies at walmart or BB. :(

Ordered Rocketeer from Amazon and instantly received the code for John Carter. I wish the Amazon and the DMR promotions worked on the blu, but it appears to be DVD only on both sites. Regardless, I wanted to see John Carter in IMAX. For $13 ($10 for the Rocketeer dvd and $3 price difference between the pass and an IMAX admission), it's a heckuva deal.

BTW, when I ordered Rocketeer, there were only 8 left from Amazon.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Looks like the E-movie cash facebook page just got updated posting tickets for GR 2, Lorax and Good Deeds.. I have yet to find any of these tickets on movies at walmart or BB. :([/QUOTE]

I saw Lorax on non-bluray family movies (i.e. Land Before Time, Little Rascals, etc) at Walmart. I can't remember all titles.

[quote name='Havokscry']Ordered Rocketeer from Amazon and instantly received the code for John Carter. I wish the Amazon and the DMR promotions worked on the blu, but it appears to be DVD only on both sites. Regardless, I wanted to see John Carter in IMAX. For $13 ($10 for the Rocketeer dvd and $3 price difference between the pass and an IMAX admission), it's a heckuva deal.

BTW, when I ordered Rocketeer, there were only 8 left from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget if that is on the list you can enter the DMR code for another ticket. I did that with National Treasure 2 so it ended up being $10 for a $12 ticket, $8 ticket, and the dvd. I was happy with that deal and I am pretty sure The Rocketeer is on that list.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Looks like the E-movie cash facebook page just got updated posting tickets for GR 2, Lorax and Good Deeds.. I have yet to find any of these tickets on movies at walmart or BB. :([/QUOTE]

I saw one GR 2 ticket on a dvd copy of Priest at Target and a few Lorax $5 tickets on some $5 dvds at Wal-Mart. Haven't seen any Good Deeds tickets anywhere. Also the Wal-Mart I go to had the display out with the $10 Blus with $7.50 Act of Valor movie cash. Now its gone? Seems dumb to me since the movie has only been out for a couple of weeks.

ok.... So the only Lorax 5 dollar ticket was on some side movie for Despicable Me. The ticket was shrink wrapped over :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok.... So the only Lorax 5 dollar ticket was on some side movie for Despicable Me. The ticket was shrink wrapped over :([/QUOTE]

Unless you plan on stealing the ticket isn't that a good thing? Prevents people from stealing it so I am not sure why that is a bad thing.

Walmart has some preorders up that come with Dark Knight Rises movie money. http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...rk+knight+rises&search_constraint=0&Find=Find

Also, there might be Three Stooges tickets at http://www.shopknuckleheads.com/
It is spend $50 get one ticket, spend $75 get two tickets. I know, not a great deal, but if you were going to buy some stuff anyway, it's not bad. Unfortunately, the deal says both good Feb 6-Feb 29 and good while supplies last. I have emailed them twice in the last week to try to confirm if it is still valid but haven't gotten a response at all.

Why do I have the feeling that some of the marvel movies will have tickets to the Avengers? I just bought the tickets a few weeks ago...grrr.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Why do I have the feeling that some of the marvel movies will have tickets to the Avengers? I just bought the tickets a few weeks ago...grrr.[/QUOTE]

As of now, it's all DVD versions of cartoon movies/TV seasons. I think I'm going to update the OP with the info from another site's forums.

These Blu-Rays are $7.88 at Wal-Mart and have $7.50 to see The Three Stooges:
There's Something About Mary
Office Space
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

[quote name='fmwross2']As of now, it's all DVD versions of cartoon movies/TV seasons. I think I'm going to update the OP with the info from another site's forums.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fmwross2']These Blu-Rays are $7.88 at Wal-Mart and have $7.50 to see The Three Stooges:
There's Something About Mary
Office Space
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story[/QUOTE]

movie tickets for
Wrath of the Titan's on select blu's (8 dollars)
and American Reunion (10 dollars) on select Universal DVD's/BR's at BB.

Now here is the kicker... the AR one REQUIRES you to log in to Fandango and select a time and date for the movie.....:censored:
That sucks as I like to have the ticket so I can go at any time I want to.

[quote name='ITDEFX']movie tickets for
Now here is the kicker... the AR one REQUIRES you to log in to Fandango and select a time and date for the movie.....:censored:
That sucks as I like to have the ticket so I can go at any time I want to.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried going through with getting the ticket? Does it send you to a link to a pdf? Does it print the date and time on the ticket?

When I got the "Wrath" tickets I just posted a theater, but I can go to any theater I wanted. I imagine that you would still be able to go to any theater or time with the fandango ticket. I may be wrong though.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Have you tried going through with getting the ticket? Does it send you to a link to a pdf? Does it print the date and time on the ticket?

When I got the "Wrath" tickets I just posted a theater, but I can go to any theater I wanted. I imagine that you would still be able to go to any theater or time with the fandango ticket. I may be wrong though.

M[/QUOTE]

No...it forced me to select a theater with a time and date for AR...that's why I backed out before submitting it. I really don't like this tactic. I like to just go any time I want to because sometimes I don't get a chance to see a movie just when it comes out. I don't want to be tied to a date and time and then something comes up and I lose it.

Stooge cash isn't at all Wal-Marts, I guess. I looked at the two in my town and saw the $7.88 Blu-Ray section, but not the three titles that were supposed to have Three Stooges cash.

Yeah I could never find the Men of Valor tickets anywhere at the walmarts I have been to...Same with Ghost Rider 2....never could find it then a week before it leaves the theaters I find the ticket on The Taking of P123..

The American Reunion tickets only work on Fandango. Basically they are a Fandango gift card only good for showings of AR. I hope future tickets don't go this route because I have no theaters near me that accept Fandango.

I hope the Wal-Mart by me gets the Stooges movie cash because my son wants to see that movie. I can't in good conscience pay for it but I can pay for a couple of blus.

I purchased The Nutty Professor Blu-Ray 100th Anniversary, I know it didn't have the sticker on the case with the code for American Reunion and I hoped it would be inside but it wasn't. Does anybody know how to contact Universal about this?

[quote name='skiizim']I purchased The Nutty Professor Blu-Ray 100th Anniversary, I know it didn't have the sticker on the case with the code for American Reunion and I hoped it would be inside but it wasn't. Does anybody know how to contact Universal about this?[/QUOTE]

The code is on the back of the sticker...you needed to buy the one that had the sticker.

[quote name='skiizim']I purchased The Nutty Professor Blu-Ray 100th Anniversary, I know it didn't have the sticker on the case with the code for American Reunion and I hoped it would be inside but it wasn't. Does anybody know how to contact Universal about this?[/QUOTE]

Check on the Blu Ray Forums Movie Cash thread. Lots of people there had the same problem and got it fixed. Also the code is on a sticker underneath the slipcover. Different than the sticker on the slipcover.

[quote name='noone13']Check on the Blu Ray Forums Movie Cash thread. Lots of people there had the same problem and got it fixed. Also the code is on a sticker underneath the slipcover. Different than the sticker on the slipcover.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it had the sticker on the slipcover but not the one on the inside. When I picked it up at BBY they only had 2 copies so and hopped there would be something inside which it didn't. I'll check out Blu-Ray.com, thanks for the help!

EDIT: Again, Thanks! I found the corresponding post for the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure on most of the details, but:

The Amazing Spider-Man is going to get the movie cash treatment with all three of the Raimi Spider-man films.

The Dark Knight Rises is going to get movie cash with:
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Inception
Sherlock Holmes
Clash Of The Titans (2010)
Sucker Punch
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
Insomnia
Constantine
Superman: The Movie
Superman II
V For Vendetta
Watchmen
Terminator: Salvation
Blade
Blade: Trinity

Certainly a lot of Blus I'd like to own with TDKR, so I may be going to see it a few times (or taking a few people with me).

[quote name='fmwross2']Not sure on most of the details, but:

The Amazing Spider-Man is going to get the movie cash treatment with all three of the Raimi Spider-man films.

The Dark Knight Rises is going to get movie cash with:
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Inception
Sherlock Holmes
Clash Of The Titans (2010)
Sucker Punch
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
Insomnia
Constantine
Superman: The Movie
Superman II
V For Vendetta
Watchmen
Terminator: Salvation
Blade
Blade: Trinity

Certainly a lot of Blus I'd like to own with TDKR, so I may be going to see it a few times (or taking a few people with me).[/QUOTE]

OHHH SNAP!!
The Blade Movies have been released to BR but for some reason no one is carrying it. I know BB had them listed a while back but never for in store pick up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']OHHH SNAP!!
The Blade Movies have been released to BR but for some reason no one is carrying it. I know BB had them listed a while back but never for in store pick up.[/QUOTE]

that's because they were the Canadian Imports done by Alliance studios (blade I was not in OAR either, it was cropped and zoomed.)

bread's done
Back