Burger King WiiU promotion

[quote name='FadeToOne']What all do they make you fill out on the form?

Send it certified with signature confirmation if you are worried about it getting lost.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. Putting Nintendo Wii U IWG Winner on the front of a envelope had me a bit worried about it arriving.

[quote name='winterlane']Requested a code about 4 hours ago and still nothing. It's not in my spam folder either. Anyone else experiencing long delays in receiving the free code?[/QUOTE]

Same here. .. I thought maybe I put email in wrong, but I checked... Hopefully it'll be in sometime soon. :\

Also, really jealous of all the winners; congratulations though to each winner! ;D I'm glad someone around here is winning, I'm a bit surprised to see so many people from the forums winning!

[quote name='taylynne']Same here. .. I thought maybe I put email in wrong, but I checked... Hopefully it'll be in sometime soon. :\

Also, really jealous of all the winners; congratulations though to each winner! ;D I'm glad someone around here is winning, I'm a bit surprised to see so many people from the forums winning![/QUOTE]

My guess is the servers are on the East Coast and hit by the storm. It's possible to have the front end that shows the website unaffected, but the mail server the codes route through be down due to the storm. I tried to request a 2nd code from the same email, and the system knew I already requested one today. So it must just be the email end that is down.

[quote name='Triz']I'm sending mine out tomorrow. I'm on the west coast storm will be gone before it gets there. I want it as close to launch as I can get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about the form getting lost in the mail due to the storm alone. Storm will be gone by the time it gets there (I'm sending from Mid-West).

It's the disaster zone that whole area is going to be in that I'm concerned about. They were predicting that the storm combined with the cold front could produce Katrina like conditions and we all know how that turned out. Also take into consideration that the Melville place is fairly close to the coast (on a peninsula/island), I'm sure it got slammed. I want to give the USPS (it's going to a P.O. Box) at least 2 weeks get their sh!t figured out in case the building where the P.O. Office is located is under-water or washed away....

Better safe then trusting the USPS.

Ah, you got to put email in first, then click on link that says don't have a code and then reenter email address again.

Hmm... since the free code form isn't working at the moment and no one is able to play for free, would I have a significantly better chance if I go buy something at BK and play? =p

[quote name='Markew001']Hmm... since the free code form isn't working at the moment and no one is able to play for free, would I have a significantly better chance if I go buy something at BK and play? =p[/QUOTE]

I would think so, as long as the server they are getting winning times from isn't having the same issue.

Got mine as well. Didn't win, however. More's the pity. Congrats to everyone who's won so far. Pretty amazing to see so many CAGers win (even if I'm insanely jealous).

Yeah the problem with the late emails is that a whole bunch of people got them at the same time and probably rushed over to play it.

I haven't had many problems with the codes taking a long time to arrive, but I keep getting ones that don't work. It seems like every other time I try to enter, I'm told that the date isn't valid. Thankfully I have a bunch of e-mails to work with; for the first few days, the system let me use the same e-mail address multiple times in one day to request codes.

[quote name='Markew001']Hmm... since the free code form isn't working at the moment and no one is able to play for free, would I have a significantly better chance if I go buy something at BK and play? =p[/QUOTE]
Not really. I mean, your odds technically do improve, but you still have to play at the right time, which is unknown to us. If we actually knew what time to enter, then the difference would really be significant. Of course, if we knew the times, everyone would rush out and get receipts.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Oh dang, didn't even think to use more than one email. Is that what everyone is doing?[/QUOTE]

I am only using one. If they find out you are using more than one you can get disqualified. Plus they are giving you free entries so I don't see a reason to try and cheat the system.

[quote name='Gamer44']I am only using one. If they find out you are using more than one you can get disqualified. Plus they are giving you free entries so I don't see a reason to try and cheat the system.[/QUOTE]

This pretty much. I don't see why I should, and by chance I win, and I get disqualified.. well that would suck so much :\

[quote name='HydroX']Haven't tried yet but I have 3 codes. Just waiting for the right time... if there is a right time. Gah![/QUOTE]
Only one code can be entered a day, so unless you're going to try using multiple email addresses, you're wasting days you could be winning during.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']Only one code can be entered a day, so unless you're going to try using multiple email addresses, you're wasting days you could be winning during.[/QUOTE]

Ah ha.. yeah, planned on using just one. Thanks for that.

Haha dang. I have been trying since this was posted.

I am quite jealous of all the winners but congrats and hopefully my time will come! : )

Used one provided by the link on the first post (free try)

Got it on my second go (no multiple email addresses, just a legit second try after a two day gap) at around 7:50. Thank you

[quote name='Remeard']Used one provided by the link on the first post (free try)

Got it on my second go (no multiple email addresses, just a legit second try after a two day gap) at around 7:50. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I've been trying everyday since this was posted using my email and convincing my wife to use hers. Posts like this give me hope!

[quote name='Remeard']Used one provided by the link on the first post (free try)

Got it on my second go (no multiple email addresses, just a legit second try after a two day gap) at around 7:50. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Wait... it lets you play more than one code per day? Or am I reading that weird?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Wait... it lets you play more than one code per day? Or am I reading that weird?[/QUOTE]

Nonono, first attempt was two days ago, second attempt was today.

[quote name='crazyivan19']Congrats! I've been trying everyday since this was posted using my email and convincing my wife to use hers. Posts like this give me hope![/QUOTE]

Good luck =D

I was reading the rules, and it seems that there are 490 prizes in a 42 day period; meaning roughly 11.5 consoles given out per day assigned at random hours.

Assuming that the majority of the US population participating in this are on the west coast, and that they will more than likely be doing it at the noon-midnight hours, hold off on doing it until super early in the morning. Like I said, i did it at around 7:50am, for the west coast that would be something like 4:50AM. If hours are randomly assigned, then it makes sense to do it in these relatively dead hours.

Good luck!

Thanks OP. I put in my request for an entry. At first it looked like I need a receipt, but there's a link a the bottom for if you don't have a receipt, to request an entry (one per day).

Got my code and ... lost. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks again, OP!

[quote name='Remeard']Good luck =D

I was reading the rules, and it seems that there are 490 prizes in a 42 day period; meaning roughly 11.5 consoles given out per day assigned at random hours.

Assuming that the majority of the US population participating in this are on the west coast, and that they will more than likely be doing it at the noon-midnight hours, hold off on doing it until super early in the morning. Like I said, i did it at around 7:50am, for the west coast that would be something like 4:50AM. If hours are randomly assigned, then it makes sense to do it in these relatively dead hours.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Going to try this... and not win! But congratulations on winning anyway :) lucky duck

[quote name='Remeard']Good luck =D

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I actually wake up at 5:00 am EST everyday to exercise, and have been entering the codes then with no luck. Still, it's probably the best strategy I've got.

So I finally mailed my prize claim form yesterday. I'm a bit worried my hand writing on the envelope was a bit bad. Also I did mine at 7am eastern time if that helps anybody.

bread's done
Back