Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select New Releases at Amazon

ninjatuned

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is matching Kmart, and holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select new titles, including: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Rage, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, my trade-in credit is about to come in soon and I plan on getting MW3 and Skyrim as soon as I can. Should I wait for BF or do you think this is the best deal on Amazon for the two?

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Hey guys, my trade-in credit is about to come in soon and I plan on getting MW3 and Skyrim as soon as I can. Should I wait for BF or do you think this is the best deal on Amazon for the two?[/QUOTE]

That's tough to say unless you can predict the future really. I'm personally going to risk it and wait for BF deals. This current deal isn't bad, but it isn't that great of a deal either. Each game comes out to about $45 each, and that's still a bit high for my tastes.

If these games don't pop up on BF sales, then I'll wait until X-mas. If by X-mas they aren't on sale for $40 or less, then I'll simply keep waiting. At least Batman: AC will be on sale for $28 at Walmart and $30 at Best Buy on BF...so I'm glad I held off on that game.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']That's tough to say unless you can predict the future really. I'm personally going to risk it and wait for BF deals. This current deal isn't bad, but it isn't that great of a deal either. Each game comes out to about $45 each, and that's still a bit high for my tastes.

If these games don't pop up on BF sales, then I'll wait until X-mas. If by X-mas they aren't on sale for $40 or less, than I'll simply keep waiting. At least Batman will be on sale for $28 at Walmart and $30 at Best Buy on BF...so I'm glad I held off on that game.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I guess I'll wait. I'm doing a trial month of Gamefly, so I might as well put it to good use lol.

[quote name='chris916']you guys are so full of shit, if you really thought it was 50 percent off EACH whyd you CONFIRM your order when you saw the total? bunch of greedy bastards and this is why we dont always get the deals we want cause people always try to take advantage and cry like little bitches when they don't get their way. im sorry, truth just had to be said[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I hope some folks decide to be careful. Amazon may drop the banhammer on repeat offenders...

[quote name='Ionotropic']:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I hope some folks decide to be careful. Amazon may drop the banhammer on repeat offenders...[/QUOTE]

Agree 150%!

[quote name='chris916']you guys are so full of shit, if you really thought it was 50 percent off EACH whyd you CONFIRM your order when you saw the total? bunch of greedy bastards and this is why we dont always get the deals we want cause people always try to take advantage and cry like little bitches when they don't get their way. im sorry, truth just had to be said[/QUOTE]

Not to mention AMZ has been slamming the gavel of judgment lately. I and others have mentioned this before, but apparently, it requires repeating...

Amazon keeps track of everything you do on their site...everything. That means all emails, chats, phone calls, etc. Red flags are also thrown on people who are extremely bothersome, especially when it concerns taking advantage of what was blatantly an error.

Now, if someone happened to place an order, and the system glitched and automatically applied 50% off to both while stating 50% off each in the advertisement, that's fine (hell, it could have very well been a real deal, albeit a limited one). But after they fix the system glitch, and especially after they fix the wordings of the advertisement...no one has any business harassing them to honor a glitch they have addressed (or a deal that is obviously dead).

If you do...and get a CSR to cave in...don't think you got away with it. They have different people looking at issues for which to ban accounts. You may find yourself banned 2-3 months from now, seemingly out of nowhere, when in reality your account was finally reviewed and deemed troublesome.

But hey, I'm not here forcing anyone to do anything. I know its nice to have a killer deal, and there are, many times throughout the year. And I personally find inquiring with CSR to be perfectly fine. But when some people start feeling like they are entitled to something that was in reality never meant to be...that's just being a douche.

[quote name='plutoknight']Bah! I literally bought Skyrim on Saturday! Think I could get them to let me get MW3 at 50%? Probably not :/[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you do a return/rebuy?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Couldn't you do a return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]

I used ~45 dollars in Amazon Promo Credits for Skyrim, do I get those back? (I've never had to return at Amazon..)

[quote name='plutoknight']I used ~45 dollars in Amazon Promo Credits for Skyrim, do I get those back? (I've never had to return at Amazon..)[/QUOTE]

That I don't know. Sorry man!

[quote name='plutoknight']I used ~45 dollars in Amazon Promo Credits for Skyrim, do I get those back? (I've never had to return at Amazon..)[/QUOTE]
No promo credit is nonrefundable

[quote name='ShockandAww']No promo credit is nonrefundable[/QUOTE]

Darn :/. I figure so. Oh well. Paying ~15 bucks for Skyrim was good enough (and I got a $10 credit anyway!).

[quote name='plutoknight']Darn :/. I figure so. Oh well. Paying ~15 bucks for Skyrim was good enough (and I got a $10 credit anyway!).[/QUOTE]

Skyrim is worth every bit of $60!

You got a good deal!

I might be in a small minority here, but I REALLY hope for more PC games added to this list... although I've picked up most everything on PC I wanted except Arkham City.

[quote name='Japakneez']Arkham City on ebay goes for $22-$25. Get it from there :)[/QUOTE]

1. stop lying to people. it sells for about 40$ on ebay. period.

2. and the guy above saying amazon bans people who are "troublesome"? WTF? if i search for an item and see a promo then spend 20 minutes looking for the second item in the deal and order without knowing they changed their promo without me knowing, then it is FRAUD on their part. they LURED me in, got me order and pay, then allege that they made an "error" or "mistake". also if they Ban your account call Amazon headquarters in America on the phone and tell them why they did it. They CANNOT ban you unless you did something wrong. Contacting CSR is NOT an offense. If they Discriminate against you for any reason or harass you refer point 4 below

3. the guy above that said promo credit you enter at checkout is not refundable is WRONG. contact CSR and tell them to give it back to you in the form of amazon account credit. if you REFUND something ANYWHERE in america you recieve EVERYTHING you used in the form of payments including credit card, cash, gift cards, etc. anyone who refuses to refund you is committing Fraud

4. those who commit Fraud on amazon or elsewhere in the united states should be referred to the Department of Consumer Affairs in your State. companies are RESPONSIBLE and LIABLE for their actions, and they will be held ACCOUNTABLE and if needed prosectued for violations of consumer and trade law.

[quote name='zanbeak']1. stop lying to people. it sells for about 40$ on ebay. period.

2. and the guy above saying amazon bans people who are "troublesome"? WTF? if i search for an item and see a promo then spend 20 minutes looking for the second item in the deal and order without knowing they changed their promo without me knowing, then it is FRAUD on their part. they LURED me in, got me order and pay, then allege that they made an "error" or "mistake". also if they Ban your account call Amazon headquarters in America on the phone and tell them why they did it. They CANNOT ban you unless you did something wrong. Contacting CSR is NOT an offense. If they Discriminate against you for any reason or harass you refer point 4 below

3. the guy above that said promo credit you enter at checkout is not refundable is WRONG. contact CSR and tell them to give it back to you in the form of amazon account credit. if you REFUND something ANYWHERE in america you recieve EVERYTHING you used in the form of payments including credit card, cash, gift cards, etc. anyone who refuses to refund you is committing Fraud

4. those who commit Fraud on amazon or elsewhere in the united states should be referred to the Department of Consumer Affairs in your State. companies are RESPONSIBLE and LIABLE for their actions, and they will be held ACCOUNTABLE and if needed prosectued for violations of consumer and trade law.[/QUOTE]

I see you are participating in the "lawyer for a day" program. Kudos.

[quote name='zanbeak']1. stop lying to people. it sells for about 40$ on ebay. period.

4. those who commit Fraud on amazon or elsewhere in the united states should be referred to the Department of Consumer Affairs in your State. companies are RESPONSIBLE and LIABLE for their actions, and they will be held ACCOUNTABLE and if needed prosectued for violations of consumer and trade law.[/QUOTE]

You keep thinking that you have a right to shop at Amazon. Which it is not, so they can tell you to take your business elsewhere and have been doing so.

Also, if you do get banned then they really don't care and it won't be reversed. So sure if you want to try to beat the system and push the envelope go for it but remember that they can ban you 100% (track your CC, name, addresses, etc)

WHOA
:rofl:

[quote name='egonpax']I might be in a small minority here, but I REALLY hope for more PC games added to this list... although I've picked up most everything on PC I wanted except Arkham City.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Japakneez']Arkham City on ebay goes for $22-$25. Get it from there :)[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here is the completed listings link.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=arkham city pc&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Easily the stupidest post I've read so far today.

Congrats!

[quote name='zanbeak']
They CANNOT ban you unless you did something wrong. Contacting CSR is NOT an offense.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. They can and will ban you for whatever reason they want, even something that doesn't blatantly go against their policies. If you think it doesn't happen, google "Amazon banning for excessive amount of returns".

I was a baaaad boy yesterday. $45 bucks at Gamefly, Saints Row 3rd preorder kicked in, and then getting MW3 and Skyrim for $85. Cripes, I feel guilty; mostly because I plan on shaking the pillars of heaven to try to get Arkham City for $28 in a couple of weeks. Also maybe Battlefield 3...

GHAAAA! Curse you, gaming hobby!

does anyone know how long the sale's gona last because im currently deciding between waiting for blackfriday deals or just taking the deal now.

[quote name='goUGA']Gonna get in on this if they add saints row to get that and skyrim[/QUOTE]

Waiting on the same combo, but that $10 promotional credit offer on Saints Row makes me weary that it will get added.

[quote name='prayformojo']Waiting on the same combo, but that $10 promotional credit offer on Saints Row makes me weary that it will get added.[/QUOTE]

I also want a saints row to be added to this deal.

[quote name='zanbeak']1. Stop lying to people. It sells for about 40$ on ebay. Period.

2. And the guy above saying amazon bans people who are "troublesome"? Wtf? If i search for an item and see a promo then spend 20 minutes looking for the second item in the deal and order without knowing they changed their promo without me knowing, then it is fraud on their part. They lured me in, got me order and pay, then allege that they made an "error" or "mistake". Also if they ban your account call amazon headquarters in america on the phone and tell them why they did it. They cannot ban you unless you did something wrong. Contacting csr is not an offense. If they discriminate against you for any reason or harass you refer point 4 below

3. The guy above that said promo credit you enter at checkout is not refundable is wrong. Contact csr and tell them to give it back to you in the form of amazon account credit. If you refund something anywhere in america you recieve everything you used in the form of payments including credit card, cash, gift cards, etc. Anyone who refuses to refund you is committing fraud

4. Those who commit fraud on amazon or elsewhere in the united states should be referred to the department of consumer affairs in your state. Companies are responsible and liable for their actions, and they will be held accountable and if needed prosectued for violations of consumer and trade law.[/quote]

lol

all this talk about being banned must be for people who weren't trying to order it during the time it said 50% off "EACH." It read that way from about 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. I don't see anything wrong with asking them to honor the advertised deal at that time. Pretty HUGE difference between "each" and "lesser priced qualifying item" for anyone to blame the consumer for the wording. So even though it said "each" I was supposed to assume that they really meant "the lesser qualifying item?" Yeah right. Get off your high horse, which is really a donkey. So i guess if i see "buy 2 get one free" am I supposed to assume it's "buy 3 get one free?" Again, what they wrote is so different from what they changed it to, the consumer should not be getting "banned or red flaged" for asking them to honor their deal. It's not the deal I made up, or the deal in my head, or the deal i wish it was. It was what THEY advertised. Happens all the time.

Now as far as them changing the wording, that's fine too. And if they don't want to honor the deal that THEY advertised ALL DAY, guess what? That's fine too. But what is the crime in asking them to honor their deal? If they don't, they don't. You move on. It's the holdiay season - many more deals are coming.

All of this cheering on of bashing people reasonably seeking an advertised deal is just anti-CAG.

Bottom line is you knew the price on the confirmation screen and still hit ok because thats what you expected. If it was advertised at ten dollars but on the confirmation screen it said a thousand dollars would you hit ok and then email customer service? Also its funny how no one wanted refunds until someone else pointed out the messed up wording. We all knew it was buy one get one 50 percent off to match kmart. Stop thinking we are all retards so you can save a few bucks. These are new games for a good deal stop trying to be Shady Ass Gamers everyone, including hopefully, amazon can see right through your BS.

Gah... No AC Revelations yet!? I'd rather order from here and save on the tax/shipping (I have prime)/gas of going to Kmart. My combo is either going to be MW3 + Revelations or Skyrim + Revelations. C'mon Amazon don't let me down!

people are taking advantage of Amazon's generous policy, you know full well what the price is at checkout. these people harassing multiple CSRs to get credits I hope will be banned.

Saint's Row or Rayman, and I couldn't resist that and Skyrim! I really want Skyrim, so any deal with it would be awesome! :)

[quote name='Penguin1084']let's gooooooooo amazon! add rayman! gogogogogogoooooo![/QUOTE]

This! I want Rayman Origins bad. Would love to pick it up with Skyrim.

During the buy 2 get 1 they added Uncharted and Battlefield around 2 or 3 PM EST if I recall correctly (that Tuesday during the sale), so there's still a chance.

Can I buy 2 copies of Skyrim and return one to Wal-Mart without a receipt? I know I'll just get Wal-Mart credit but that's fine. Can I do that or are the UPCs different?

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Can I buy 2 copies of Skyrim and return one to Wal-Mart without a receipt? I know I'll just get Wal-Mart credit but that's fine. Can I do that or are the UPCs different?[/QUOTE]

Sigh

[quote name='chris916']Bottom line is you knew the price on the confirmation screen and still hit ok because thats what you expected. If it was advertised at ten dollars but on the confirmation screen it said a thousand dollars would you hit ok and then email customer service? Also its funny how no one wanted refunds until someone else pointed out the messed up wording. We all knew it was buy one get one 50 percent off to match kmart. Stop thinking we are all retards so you can save a few bucks. These are new games for a good deal stop trying to be Shady Ass Gamers everyone, including hopefully, amazon can see right through your BS.[/QUOTE]

well i did NOT place an order. who buys something for more than what its advertised for? why are you assuming this?

[quote name='mgford11']Sigh[/QUOTE]

Instead of going to the trouble of typing out 'sigh', you could have just said 'yes you can do it' or 'no you can't do it' oh benevolent one.

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Instead of going to the trouble of typing out 'sigh', you could have just said 'yes you can do it' or 'no you can't do it' oh benevolent one.[/QUOTE]

That is return fraud and cannot be discussed here. Hence his sigh.

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Instead of going to the trouble of typing out 'sigh', you could have just said 'yes you can do it' or 'no you can't do it' oh benevolent one.[/QUOTE]

You should be banned is a better response.

bread's done
Back