CAGBA NBA 2K13 Official Online Association- Finish Regular Season games by Dec. 1st!

How are you guys scheduling games? Is everyone on your friend's list or is there someway to see who is online?

I love 2k, but damn Madden CCM looks good compared to this shit.

[quote name='ubernes']Playing the CPU is fucking stupid. Lost by 30+.[/QUOTE]

I put every CPU stat down to 10 and it felt like they got even better.

So...the sliders are next to worthless.

[quote name='staticz']How are you guys scheduling games? Is everyone on your friend's list or is there someway to see who is online?

I love 2k, but damn Madden CCM looks good compared to this shit.[/QUOTE]

Nope I was shocked when I heard this too. If they aren't online at that moment, you have to add them as a friend. There's no way to check their gamercard or see a full list of members.

Another 2K screw up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']Nope I was shocked when I heard this too. If they aren't online at that moment, you have add them as a friend. There's no way to check their gamercard or see a full list of members.

Another 2K screw up.[/QUOTE]

ahh ok. I guess I'll be adding everyone tonight. I gotta get a few more user vs user games in.

I've been mostly PMing through here or randomly catching people online after another game I had set up.

As for the CPU, I really thought after playing 7 user games and going 5-2 I'd be ready for the CPU w/ adjusted sliders. It was okay through half, but I literally had to match bucket for bucket just to stay alive--couldn't do it all game. They dropped 100+ on me. So back to .500 for me.

Maybe we could set up a silver live account CAGNBA2K13 or something like that and add that account as a friend so we could just check the friends list to see when folks are online.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Maybe we could set up a silver live account CAGNBA2K13 or something like that and add that account as a friend so we could just check the friends list to see when folks are online.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea, I would also like to suggest downloading KIK messenger to your cell phone I am sure once we get 30 people at least 29 people in the league own smartphones ?

Another Idea I want to suggest is a 14 game season, I was just sitting here doing the math and a 29 game could potentially take about 8 weeks to complete including playoffs, and we have to anticipate some future interest dying down and slowing pace so a 14 game season would be perfect putting us at about 4 weeks getting all games complete, which leaves a year taking 30 days.

[quote name='ubernes']I don't think we are at 29 games now, are we? Seems like I'm done with most of mine already and I only played 10.[/QUOTE]

I thought we were according to the front screen I could be confused though.

14 game season? That would go by really fast. Almost too fast.

But I'm up for suggestions.

Do we want to keep the games at 7 or move them down to 6 minute quarters?

The new league will be All-Star difficulty with sliders untouched. Fast breaks will be a problem, but there's not much I can do if the sliders are this broken.

[quote name='Doomtime']14 game season? That would go by really fast. Almost too fast.

But I'm up for suggestions.

Do we want to keep the games at 7 or move them down to 6 minute quarters?

The new league will be All-Star difficulty with sliders untouched. Fast breaks will be a problem, but there's not much I can do if the sliders are this broken.[/QUOTE]

I think Hall of Fame will be better with 30 users and think about this the Madden League is 16 games plus a shorter playoffs and we barely finish 3 seasons in a decent time.

If we did 14 games than playoffs we will have 16 teams in playoffs the playoffs alone will take about 2 to 3 weeks with scheduling and availability. I also think playoff should be best of 3 in first round than best of Five in semifinals and than best of 7 in conference finals and championship.

Well, the big difference in Madden vs 2k is you could schedule multiple games in one night. I knocked out 3 or 4 the other day one night. That's 2 weeks of Madden in one night. Will that happen all the time? Probably not, but with the open schedule the league will be much easier to schedule games and cruise through.

I like the 7 minute quarters because you can almost get to 100~ pts so I think it reflects a real NBA score. I wouldn't object to 6 though. One less minute I don't think is a big deal either way.

True but the difference with this league is every game is unlocked. You can play anyone at any time unlike the madden league where we have to wait for the advancement. I've knocked out 11 games since we've started.

Annnnnd ninja'd.

[quote name='Doomtime']True but the difference with this league is every game is unlocked. You can play anyone at any time unlike the madden league where we have to wait for the advancement. I've knocked out 11 games since we've started.

Annnnnd ninja'd.[/QUOTE]

Even with that being the case I do agree 14 games can be quick but from expierence 29 games plus playoffs is just to long, I wish we could do like 20 games but since we can't I would rather do 14 and get alot of seasons in. I would much rather get six 14 games seasons in than 3 29 game seasons in assuming we would even get three because after a long 29 game grueling season, we would probably lose some people in the playoffs.

I'm going to finish out this season and I'll probably be done. I got beat by at least 40 last night and am not even close to competitive. Back to my offline association where I can pretend to be a respectable player :D

[quote name='Doomtime']Against the computer or another player?[/QUOTE]

Another player! That is the bad part. I guess I could always blame the CPU for drafting Nash but nobody to pick and roll with :(

[quote name='staticz']I'm going to finish out this season and I'll probably be done. I got beat by at least 40 last night and am not even close to competitive. Back to my offline association where I can pretend to be a respectable player :D[/QUOTE]

you should play me man. I havet gotten close to a win yet

[quote name='staticz']Another player! That is the bad part. I guess I could always blame the CPU for drafting Nash but nobody to pick and roll with :([/QUOTE]

I could send you Greg Monroe ?

[quote name='staticz']Another player! That is the bad part. I guess I could always blame the CPU for drafting Nash but nobody to pick and roll with :([/QUOTE]

check out the knicks squad if you're trying to trade. I wanted Nash to pair up with DIrk

Don't know that I want to trade anyone, just want to get better in general. I'll be on tonight around 10 or 11 if anyone wants to play. Getting blown out sucks but I'll figure it out!

I believe you skip the ID part and it lets you go to the password part.

And no they're not updated yet. Let me know what teams you're interested in and I'll let you know which are available.

I'll be around Thursday night if anyone I haven't played yet wants to get a game in. Probably anytime after 7pm. Off to New Orleans this weekend so I want to get at least one in before then!

GG Cru. But can't defend your shooters better than I did. Really stinks that I go 2 for 24 from deep on decent looks and you sink the game winner with two guys on you. Shit way to lose that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that was a good one Ubernes , I couldn't get anybody open and my point guard couldn't get by yours so I figured I would just launch it with Novak, it was like a Hail Mary play in Madden. I never realized how good of a passer Lowry is , he is def on my next draft list.

Lowry has surprised me from the start. He can even hit the 3, though I've had no luck recently with that. He's a great pick and roll PG.

Is there any way to reset scores? I know this was an option for previous 2ks. Would love to have the chance to redeem myself against teams that now have humans controlling them.

Nope no way to reset scores.

So we have two more joining today which means we have just one team open. The redraft is looking like Monday night. We just need to find a time to agree on.

EDIT: Actually, Zurezo said he wanted to hop in this league as well so we may be at capacity.

Awesome, we just going to call this season a wash and redraft ASAP? Makes sense.

Monday doesn't work for me. Hoops night for me. Tuesday is good though! (Sorry to be a pain)

I thought so too, but a lot of the newer guys have expressed interest in redrafting right away so that they can play with their own drafted team. I know it's a bit of a pain to redraft right away, but this will certainly be the last time.

We are at capacity now. I believe we had around 15 when we last drafted.

We could get this draft out of the way and fix the difficulty issues as well.

bread's done
Back