CAGcast #150: Shipwreck Hates PS3, Killzone 2, and You!

Reference the Killzone 2 Demo: Just because the the demo is exclusive now (pre-launch) isn't a problem. If Sony gets paid to keep the demo exclusive to Gamestop then more power to them. As long as the demo is available to everyone, (post-launch) then that's what is most important. The demo will be able to accomplish what its supposed to accomplish, as long as its available to everyone immediately on day one (post launch). Also, there's already videos of Killzone 2 on PSN as well. Consumers (or fanboys) have already judged this game, and have already decided to buy day one or not, they've decided what the review score should be.. and this is without any demo. Sony's marketing campaign is weak for this game... it needs that Final Fantasy 7 marketing campaign. That campaign got people who NEVER played an RPG to make a purchase on FF7. THe demo will still be able to generate interest for the game, whether its available pre, or post launch. As long as people don't have to wait another month to get the KZ2 demo, then there isn't a problem.

Yes, and that's all the matters in the end. Sony didn't lose any sales by keeping the demo exclusive for two weeks. The people who want to get the game on opening day knew they already wanted it. The demo is available to everyone in the USA on release day, where, as a fellow Thomas said, it'll serve it's purpose to the people who aren't day one adopters. This is pretty much a non-issue except to those who turn it into a issue (wombat).

Anyways i'm going to bed. Good night.

[quote name='Thomas96'] Sony's marketing campaign is weak for this game... it needs that Final Fantasy 7 marketing campaign. That campaign got people who NEVER played an RPG to make a purchase on FF7.[/quote]

Which is why I think this was ill-advised. Nothing sells this game better than the great demo, otherwise it looks like any other FPS.

Hands on differentiation, well before launch, seats the purchase in the gamers mind. Thinking all the way back to the shareware version of DOOM and how it garnered tremendous press and attention months before launch, is exactly the kind of presell this title needed. People were foaming at the mouth to buy it as I think they would have KZ2, maybe they will still do so but I think this move has hobbled and harmed its potential sales.

Sony's normal advertised marketing has just gone to hell in a hand-basket, let the demo speak for itself and this thing would launch huge.

Again, how is the demo not speaking for itself? Do you honestly think every PS3 owner cares about the game? Do you have some kind of super human ability to turn a 360 into a PS3 demo player? Because anyone who owns a PS3 and wants this game on day one, is likely going to pre order it. And they can pre-order it at Gamestop. And they can get the demo. For anyone who doesn't care about it until for the time being, there's a demo coming out THE DAY IT RELEASES. And the people who are going to buy a PS3 to play the game, are likely going to buy it on release day- Oh hey, look what's ALSO OUT ON RELEASE DAY FOR EVERYONE!

I think people are getting lost in the fact that games are on sale for more than a day.

In my examples, I meant to say that in the end, you were going to buy those products, but you had to put down prepayment so you could try it out.

But, I was under the impression that the demo wasn't available to everyone after release, ala Left 4 Dead, and the only way to get into the demo was by jumping through a bunch of hoops with Home. So, nevermind, my point is moot.

Yeah, if the demo wasn't coming out on release day, then I would agree that it would be stupid to have it be some exclusive thing to one person, but it's not. It's a timed exclusive. For two weeks. For early adopters who would pre-order it anyways.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Again, how is the demo not speaking for itself? Do you honestly think every PS3 owner cares about the game? Do you have some kind of super human ability to turn a 360 into a PS3 demo player? Because anyone who owns a PS3 and wants this game on day one, is likely going to pre order it. And they can pre-order it at Gamestop. And they can get the demo. For anyone who doesn't care about it until for the time being, there's a demo coming out THE DAY IT RELEASES. And the people who are going to buy a PS3 to play the game, are likely going to buy it on release day- Oh hey, look what's ALSO OUT ON RELEASE DAY FOR EVERYONE!

I think people are getting lost in the fact that games are on sale for more than a day.[/quote]

Again, the point: THE LAST PEOPLE WHO NEED TO PLAY A GAME DEMO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE GAME. The demo is silent to undecided buyers. If I am playing a demo on launch whilst everyone else is playing the actual game am I on the curve or behind it?

We are talking about a successful launch, beyond just the long term total sales here.

LittleBIGPlanet, Uncharted, and Killzone 2 are the three games that really make me want a PS3... The closet thing the 360 really has are Nuts & Bolts, Tomb Raider, and FEAR 2 :(

But the game is on sale for more than one day. The demo is a bonus to people who pre-order. It's not there to sell games. I don't see what the big problem is.

You don't see me bitching about XBLA demo's coming out two weeks ahead of time at somewheres else - oh because it doesn't matter. The only people who would get the demo are the people who are pre-ordering it already, and this is a bonus to preorder at Gamestop.

People act like this demo is meant to sell the game, but THE DEMO IS FREE TO EVERYONE in the USA the day the game comes out! You know, the same system XBLA uses. So it's not losing ANY SALES AT ALL!

The only real difference is day one sales in this particular situation. If you are on the fence about picking it up day one, you will wait for the demo. Then you try the demo on day one, you find out you like it, and you buy it on day two.

Sony benefits because they presumably get monetary benefit from Gamestop, and Gamestop benefits from higher traffic to their store.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The demo is a bonus to people who pre-order. It's not there to sell games. I don't see what the big problem is.
[/quote]:imwithst:

We all know the game is going to be on sale for years to come, again we are talking about the launch.

The demo being offered to gamestop for pre-order customers is not to sell games based on the contents of the demo. It's there to entice pre-orders and store traffic.

When the demo is available to all on day one, then yes, it's main purpose is to sell games.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The demo being offered to gamestop for pre-order customers is not to sell games based on the contents of the demo. It's there to entice pre-orders and store traffic.

When the demo is available to all on day one, then yes, it's main purpose is to sell games.[/quote]

Now, what part of what you just said seems like a logical marketing strategy?

The "entice pre-orders and store traffic" part? Did you miss my rant? The one where I said Gamestop paid Sony to have that demo to increase those two things, both of which they make the mass majority of their profits from?

Are you serious?

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The "entice pre-orders and store traffic" part? Did you miss my rant? The one where I said Gamestop paid Sony to have that demo to increase those two things, both of which they make the mass majority of their products?

Are you serious?[/quote]

Again, "enticing pre-orders" by giving people a demo of a game you just bought?
Are you serious?
:rofl:

I am done, thanks for the entertainment.
:wall:

Do I really need to explain this? Really?

Let's say it's February 10th. You have $5. You want to pre-order Killzone 2. You can go to Wal-Mart and pre-order it, and get a nice notebook with the Helghast on the cover. You can go to Circuit City and get a free pony. You can go to Gamestop and get a demo of the game so you can play it now 2 weeks early!

Does that sum it up pretty easily for you? Which one would you go to? Why do you think companies have these pre-order things in the first place? Hint: It's not for the internet crowd.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Do I really need to explain this? Really?

Let's say it's February 10th. You have $5. You want to pre-order Killzone 2. You can go to Wal-Mart and pre-order it, and get a nice notebook with the Helghast on the cover. You can go to Circuit City and get a free pony. You can go to Gamestop and get a demo of the game so you can play it now 2 weeks early!

Does that sum it up pretty easily for you? Which one would you go to? Why do you think companies have these pre-order things in the first place? Hint: It's not for the internet crowd.[/quote]
ROFL!

No mention of NPD numbers... and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 announcement, Red Dead Redemption announcement, the 3 Need for Speeds in 2009 (NfS: Shift, NfS: Nitro, NfS: World), Crytek saving Free Radical Design, Dead Rising 2 announcement, the Dead Space on Wii announcement, and the quarter of THQ layoffs! I know "Asses" precedes "Gamers", but let's try here!

No offense but I completely disagree with Wombat's ranting on the Killzone 2 situation. At this point, if you don't know whether you want the game, and temporarily putting down $5 at Gamestop for a demo won't help you, then you aren't going to preorder, period. So once release rolls around, you can play the demo along with everyone else who can't be bothered to get the demo through the UK store. Problem solved. Also, I believe it was David Reeves who was quoted saying KZ2 already has more than half of Killzone's sales worth in preorders. Maybe it won't reach their expectations, but I don't see a flop either.

Good podcast though I enjoyed it, the interview at the very end was great. I don't think I've heard anyone from a 3rd party be so candid about the friend codes system. They realize it sucks too!

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']The way they've handled this whole demo thing should be enough to fire most of the people running the show.

Killzone 2 is an unproven franchise for most people, I myself know nothing about the Killzone universe. It seems like, and here's the key, -if they wanted to succeed-, they would be handing this demo out to anyone willing to take it. burn it to discs and hand it out at malls, throw it out of planes, have huge signs everywhere they can put them with "TRY THE DEMO NOW! FREE!", and of course make it available to people via PSN. But, for some odd reason, they're giving the demo out to people who have ALREADY BOUGHT the game, via pre-ordering. You don't need to push these customers anymore, they've bought your product, that's all there is to it. mission complete. It's the customers who are skeptical that you should be targeting. And the best way to sell to them is through a demo. It's so ass-backward, as Wombat said.

I just don't understand it, has this never came up in any of the Sony meetings? I mean, for Christ's sake, have these people attended business school? Have they heard of Business school? I'm not trying to troll here, it just seems odd to me, as a potential customer, to treat the demo, which is really just a form of advertisement, let's get that out of the way right now, as if it's some sort of reward. I just don't get it.

I guess it's going to take Killzone 2 flopping, not because it's a bad game or because the PS3 is a bad system, but because it's been marketed so poorly, to open Sony's eyes. Or, perhaps not. Let's face it, the PS3 has had terrible marketing and not so stellar sales to match, and Sony still hasn't a clue.[/quote]
Wow, enough to fire most of the people running the show? Besides Stringer? I mean I'm usually critical of Sony's methods of advertising their games, or complete lackthereof, but in this case I don't see a problem. Maybe you personally feel inconvenienced that you have to a) preorder the game thru Gamestop or b) set up a UK PSN account in order to get the demo pre-release. But it's not a big deal.

Going to throw out some groundbreaking information now: Sony is a business. Businesses, including Sony, want to succeed. I hope that answers your concern...

Basically, this is a minor issue that will be a non-issue by the game's release. The demo is a timed exclusive, which ends on release day, maybe even the day before? The customers who are skeptical, but for whatever reason unable to set up a UK PSN account, will be very much able to experience the demo. And they'll even be able to go buy the game in stores by then, imagine that! And it's probably a win for Sony from a business perspective, so there's that too.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']You would think they would want the weekend gamer, who doesn't read all the pre-release and web hype, and gaming site fodder to DL the demo and get hooked on the title well before the launch.[/quote]
Well if the weekend gamer doesn't read the pre-release hype, how will they know the demo is even out yet? Wouldn't it work just fine if they can play the demo and buy the real game in the same day? One could argue if you introduce a game too early, less devoted gamers would forget about their experience and maybe not buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it really a mention in the Wall Street Journal article if you were specifically interviewed on the subject of that article?

Wombat, give me Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts for being the best me I can be. :D

I enjoyed the Halo Wars demo because it didn't bog me down with a lot of the complicated bullshit that most of the RTS games on 360 tend to have, which I'd like a simpler experience that doesn't overwhelm me and turn me off. Halo Wars was the first one to do that.

The whole Killzone 2 demo fiasco is kind of righted by the autonomous nature of each branch of Sony, as SCEE tends to screw over any deals that SCEA has for demos by uploading them the same day for anybody to get. Even though I had a code for Killzone 2 from GameStop, I downloaded it from the UK PS Store since it didn't go up until a few hours later and bypassed that whole situation. It'll be out the day before the game is out, so the lazy still get to play it early when most big hyped games don't get demos these days. Resistance Retribution was another game that was hidden under this cap, but just went up on the Japanese and UK PS Stores today for anyone to grab without preordering. I'd just rather have the option to download it through whatever means I have available to me than have the console maker going through all of the trouble of physically disabling the demo I've downloaded fair and square from another region's store (aka RE5).

Good show.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']

Well if the weekend gamer doesn't read the pre-release hype, how will they know the demo is even out yet? [/quote]
So they wouldn't browse the available demos before launch because they are lobotomized?

[quote name='TruthinessFC']Wouldn't it work just fine if they can play the demo and buy the real game in the same day?[/quote]

Again why would anyone want to, how does that function as a demo- that's like the extra doughnut in the baker's dozen instead. It's just something to eat on the way home, you've already bought the dough-nuts

[quote name='TruthinessFC']
One could argue if you introduce a game too early, less devoted gamers would forget about their experience and maybe not buy.[/quote]
And this has happened when?

Tanuki knocked it out of the park BTW.

Assuming 15 people pre-order the game from Gamestop anyways, and 15 people are undecided...the demo convinces people to buy the game...and for simplicity's sake, the game costs $1...

Scenario 1: Sony does not agree to exclusivity with Gamestop, releases demo two weeks early.

The 15 guaranteed Gamestop pre-orders put down their deposit. They enjoy the sneak peek. The 15 undecided play the demo, decide they want to buy it ASAP. Release date rolls around, the 15 pre-orders pay off their balance, $15 in Sony's pocket. The 15 formerly undecided walk into a store, and there's another $15 in Sony's pocket.

$ in Sony's pocket: $30

Scenario B: Gamestop agrees to exclusive demo leading up to the game's release

Gamestop pays Sony $50 for exclusive deal. The 15 guaraunteed pre-orders place their deposits, enjoy a sneek peek at demo. The 15 undecided continue to watch gameplay videos, view screenshots, and read demo impressions. Release day rolls around. The 15 peope who pre-ordered pay off their balance and leave with a copy of KZ2, while the 15 undecided play the demo. Day 2 rolls around- the 15 undecided go to their favorite retailer and purchase a copy of KZ2.

$ in Sony's pocket: $80

Assuming the demo persuades people is a valid assumption, because it wouldn't matter if the demo dissuaded them, since it would be a lost sale in either scenario.

It is somewhat of a dick move on Sony's part, but they are making more money than they would have.

[quote name='moojuice']
Assuming the demo persuades people is a valid assumption[/quote]
^^this

[quote name='moojuice']
It is somewhat of a dick move on Sony's part, but they are making more money than they would have.[/quote]
Again, no. It's not a dick move, it's moronic.

Your analogy hypothetical is fundamentally flawed on every level and based entirely on assumptions. Exclusive demo's are self defeating.

The comment made during the podcast about overhearing someone in the mall excited about the prospect of a new Halo game got me thinking, I wonder how many people are going to buy Halo Wars thinking it is the next Halo FPS.

Maybe Mario's original jump sound was really Miyamoto farting.Wombat youve recreated a great moment in history.

On to the Killzone Demo.The demo was short.The longest part of that demo was the end of it.It was basically the developers self gratifying themselves to review scores of various gaming outlets.After playing the demo I will not be buying this game,even used.They should have demo-ed the multiplayer.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']So they wouldn't browse the available demos before launch because they are lobotomized?

Again why would anyone want to, how does that function as a demo- that's like the extra doughnut in the baker's dozen instead. It's just something to eat on the way home, you've already bought the dough-nuts

And this has happened when?[/quote]
-Well they can't browse for something that isn't available on the SCEA store yet...

-How does it function as a demo? Well, after release a person turns on their PS3, enters the store, sees the KZ2 demo, downloads, installs, and plays it. It's just like most other demos...

Nobody will have to buy anything, the demo - again - will be 100% free. No preorders required. The exclusive Gamestop deal will expire on or a day before release.

-Wouldn't know, since it hasn't happened with me personally, but I'd imagine some games that have been announced too early have fallen victim to this. It's really not hard to imagine.

[quote name='tak']The comment made during the podcast about overhearing someone in the mall excited about the prospect of a new Halo game got me thinking, I wonder how many people are going to buy Halo Wars thinking it is the next Halo FPS.[/quote]
This is why I think Halo Wars before ODST was a really bad idea. I heard a kid talking while I was scanning target clearance on Monday who had no idea what Halo Wars was, yet he was gonna preorder it and get his free flaming warthog.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']-Well they can't browse for something that isn't available on the SCEA store yet...

-How does it function as a demo? Well, after release a person turns on their PS3, enters the store, sees the KZ2 demo, downloads, installs, and plays it. It's just like most other demos...
[/quote]

You said "how would they know about the demo." If it had been available weeks before launch then it would have been in the SCEA store would it not have? I don't expect people to be able to DL something that doesn't exist. Where did you get that idea?

Feel free to point out the flaws and how the assumptions are invalid then. There WILL be people who pre-order regardless. There WILL be people who will be persuaded by a demo.

You're just a moron who doesn't understand simple logic. (See? I can make baseless statements without backup too)

Ya, F Sony! They raped my dog and killed my wife! Or something...

But really. Why the hell does everyone hate the Playstation brand so friggen much all the sudden? Do you not remember PS2?

Not saying you have to praise it, but don't have to get all giddy about every little bad thing that happens to the PS3. Just relax, take a Xanax(like the crazy monkey that ripped a chicks face off) it will be OK!

Trust me. Shhh... breath!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ya, F Sony! They raped my dog and killed my wife! Or something...

But really. Why the hell does everyone hate the Playstation brand so friggen much all the sudden? Do you not remember PS2?

Not saying you have to praise it, but don't have to get all giddy about every little bad thing that happens to the PS3. Just relax, take a Xanax(like the crazy monkey that ripped a chicks face off) it will be OK!

Trust me. Shhh... breath![/quote]

We (those of us discussing it right now) don't hate the brand/console/KZ2. We want Sony to succeed. We want KZ2 to have a large successful launch exceeding other recent FPS, this is why we are mad because we think the idea is moronic.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']You said "how would they know about the demo." If it had been available weeks before launch then it would have been in the SCEA store would it not have? I don't expect people to be able to DL something that doesn't exist. Where did you get that idea?[/quote]
So you're talking about an entirely hypothetical situation now? Ok then... that's completely different. That's not where I was going with my posts, sorry if you read it that way.

In reality, the KZ2 demo is not available on the PSN store for the US.. so people can't browse for it as you alluded to before. So a weekend gamer might not even discover the KZ2 demo until it's actually presented to him/her in the store, or hopefully in a Sony advertising campaign.

To backtrack a bit... if a gamer has no idea that they can get the demo right now by preordering with Gamestop, then it's a reasonable conclusion to reach that they probably haven't been following KZ2 too closely, and were unlikely to preorder in the first place. They'll be able to both demo and buy the game in a matter of 7-8 days now.

Ya, what's the problem with the ability to play the demo early? The demo will come out to the public soon... if you preorder at Gamespot you just get a gift of playing it a little earlier.

I don't see the big deal.

Well it seems Sony has an on-going thing with Gamestop, the LocoRoco 2 demo was at gamestop, i think.

Whatever, i found out it's a hassle to cancel a pre order because i had to spend 10 minutes telling him no i don't want to pre order anything else because everything is more expensive here and telling him NO, i dont want to trade anything in. So i'll just get it from the UK store from now on anyway.

Wombat, you seriously think this game won't sell more than MGS4? There's more than 1 million pre-orders in the UK alone. Now combine the world. And you have a 4 million plus seller. Everyone i know that has a ps3, will buy this game. It's literally everybody i know, people that barely buy games will buy this game because it's THE game.

The marketing will start soon, i think they just want Killzone 2 fresh in people's minds .

Just finished listen great show as always, shows with Shipwrecks appearance are begining to become my favourite shows.

A few things:
a) Ship DEFINITELY has to do that video tour of his game collection and post it up on here.
b) On the changing CAG into a more mainstream gaming site with news and reviews. I'm with Cheapy I don't think thats a good idea. Theres SO many other sites covering news it would seem kinda pointless joining too. I do however like the idea of reviews.

Both user reviews and CAG staff reviews. I can see it now:

- Game title with details
- Short article detailing the elements of the game (visuals, sound, replayability etc

Then at the bottom have your three little avatars (maybe even Mrs. Shipwreck too and next to it "Cheapy says...." , "Wombat says..." and so on. Just a few lines what you thought and the score you'd rate it.

I'd really like a feature like this.

[quote name='hufferstl']I wish that Shipwreck had a permanent chair in the CAGCast. I have never listened to Foreplay(since I never buy new games), but I like what he adds to the CAGCast.[/quote]

Ditto, I mentioned a couple of times that there should be a super CAG cast every once in a while with the four of them on (though I understand it might be alittle difficult to record). Although I do listen to Foreplay every episode they put out, you listen its a good show.

I'm gonna have to side with Wombat with the Killzone 2 demo. If you look at the big picture, releasing the demo to the general public so people can TRY the game would probably move more copies of Killzone 2 then only letting people who already BOUGHT the game play the demo.

It probably wouldn't have been AS big an issue if the demo wasn't released to the public in the EU. PSN store.

They should have just gave the people who pre-ordered the game a code to get into a online beta rather then just a demo.

I understand what Sony was TRYING to do, but it came off as kind of a redundant offer to give people a demo of a game they just bought.

I am a bit of a PS3 fanboy, but I like to think of myself as a rational thinking PS3 fanboy.

You guys knock it out of the park talking about Sony.I am a life long Sony fan,and I find it kinda silly that we have to jump through some many hoops to enjoy their products.I had to hunt down a 60GB launch PS3 for backward compatibly,I a had to buy an HDMI cable to enjoy to get "The full Blu-Ray experience"and last weekend I waited around in HOME to get a Killzone 2 demo code.Which were not given out.Now I finally had to make a UK account to download it.

All this from a guy who preorderd the game through the Cag Amazon link.Sony stop making everything so hard.

Wombat - Metroid Prime 3 was awesome with both control and graphics on the Wii. I couldn't imagine playing with 2 sticks ;). But then again I'm not a FPS fan - have to agree and laugh hysterically at myke's comments earlier in this thread. Both HD systems seem infested with them. I think because of that, it makes the great Wii FPS games stand out.

Also, I finally got a PS3 in December and I think it is a great machine - plus the free online cannot be overlooked (especially if you have a big family). My kids love playing LBP online and it is as easy as pie. When they want to play online on the 360 I have to enter one of the many 2-day codes that I have. It isn't practical even with the cheap Live cards that I manage to obtain to set them all up with Gold accounts. I really appreciate the ease with which the PS3 allows them to hop on when they want to.

Anyway, Cheapy, still waiting to hear how trade-in values will be handled in CAG 2.0. We were supposed to get some replacement for the old trade-in value Wiki. Hopefully it can be tacked on to the existing game database in some way. Right now we are just keeping trade-in values in threads for various store deals - it works, but isn't ideal.

Wow this thread has way to many responses to look through. Good show this week and shipwreck was a nice surprise however, ship could barley get 2 words in. Next time he is on could you let him have some more time on the mic? I think i get why there's 2 separate shows now. I defiantly agree with you Wombat about Sony's assbackwards way of thinking lately.

If they want people to make an informed decision of whether or not they want a game they shouldent make their customers have to buy the fucking game to know if they want it. It might be one of the biggest marketing fuck ups ive ever heard of. However I don't think sony needs to rely on this game to keep going. On the game itself i also downloaded it from my european account i made a while ago and i agree with Cheapy about there being to many buttons to make stuff that should be simple (like aiming the effing gun for instance) to funky.

Flower is a great game and im glad you guys could appreciate it for what it was. Also i bought street fighter II turbo hd remix last week in anticipation for IV but now im not so sure i want to get IV. From what you described Cheapy Hd remix is stronger in the online part of the game. And 60 bones compared to 15 is quite a diffrence. I am going to wait and see it when my friends buy it and make a decision then. One of the most informed and well discussed show i think ive ever listened to. Oh and ship............i know wombat and cheapy put words in your mouth. You are to classy of a dude to say anything like that(about hating everything) :p

Hey Cheapy and crew grats on another great show! I really appreciated hearing your opinions and disappoinment with the online features or lack there of for Sreet Fighter IV. I think the reason most of the other reviews neglected those points was basically because they reviewed the preview build or whatever Capcom send out to various sites and organisations which did not contain the onlie multiplayer component of the game. Still I have read that there is a new content update comming soon that will add some new features

"there will be a free Championship Mode Expansion Pack coming, which adds a Replay mode for you to record and share replays online; two new points system for skill ranking; and a new Tournament Matching system, which allows you to fight against people online with the specific skill levels."

Not sure if that means they will be cleaning up current short commings with the online match making interface and lack of a games lobby though.
Once again great show and I look forward to next weeks!

Cheapy,

After hearing your feelings on the original Star Wars trilogy (I completely agree with you, the pre-quels have all but destroyed those films) I have to side with Wombat and request that you check out the latest Indiana Jones.

Don't think of it so much as watching a movie, instead take the experience as more of a science experiment. It's incredible what will happen as your brain tries to make sense of what your eyes are seeing and what you ears are hearing.

It's not bad enough to be a good bad movie, but it is most certainly an abomination on film. The only saving grace of this movie is unlike the Star Wars prequels, it does nothing to taint the original Indiana Jones films.

Check it out when you get a chance, I'd be interested to hear you guys discuss the movie on a future CAGcast.

Great show.

I have to completely agree with you guys on the Killzone 2 demo. I never owned a Playstation console prior to the PS3. Other than the Gamecube that my kids play on prior-gen to me meant the Sega Genesis / CD that I owned in college (class of '95).

I have no history with the prior Killzone game, and it's crazy that I have to commit to a pre-order just to see if it's something that I would like.

I can say right now that I will not be buying Killzone 2 at release. If they release a demo for public consumption, I will download it and give it a try... otherwise I will likely give it a rental once I finish a few games on my backlog.

And to Cheapy -- you really do have to get back to Deadspace. It's a fantastic game. I especially appreciate the ample save points that are available.

Deadspace isn't a game that I thought I would like, I typically avoid horror type games since I'm forced to play them late at night after the wife & kids have gone to bed. But this is one I started on a rental, and eventually went out and purchased because it was that good.

Cheapy! You and I are in the same boat! My wife loves watching me play adventure type games. I.E. Fable II, Final Fantasy, etc. Great show this week!

Amazing CAGcast.
"2 girls 1up"=so funny...
Way to mess up Shipwreck's intro Cheapy!
Shipwreck was a good addition to the show.
The 2 hours was kinda nice...
Thanks for the mention, especially getting my name right lol.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
But really. Why the hell does everyone hate the Playstation brand so friggen much all the sudden? Do you not remember PS2? [/quote]Nintendo says hello . . .

bread's done
Back