Tabula Rasa PC
Warhawk PS3
Bioshock PC, Xbox360
The Darkness PS3, Xbox360
Guild Wars:Eye of the North PC
Lair PS3[/FONT]

World of Warcraft Deal
-
Get World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade Expansion for 29.99 (Save 10$)

Used Deal

-
BUY THREE USED GAMES GET A FORTH USED GAME FREE (Forth game equal or less to lowest priced game)

QUIZNO's Deal
-
Coupon for Free Chips and Pop with purchase of Pizza from EB
Coupon for 5$ off at EB from Quizno

System Promo (No Posters yet) (All require 8$ trades)
NEW
-
Get a XB360 and Forza 2 for 499.99
Get a NDS Lite For 99.99 when you Trade your GBA SP and 2 Games
Get a XB360 w/ Forza 2 for 299.99 when you trade 10 Games ALSO Get Gears of War FREE with the XB360 (Only with trade deal)

USED
-
PS3 60GB for 349.99 when you trade 10 Games
PS3 20GB for 249.99 when you trade 10 Games
XB360 for 99.99 when you trade 10 Games
Wii for FREE when you trade 10 Games
NGC for FREE when you trade 3 Games
GBASP for FREE when you trade 3 Games
XB for FREE when you trade 4 Games
DS Lite for FREE when you trade 6 Games
PSP for FREE when you tarde 6 Games
PS2 (Fatty) for FREE when you tarde 4 Games.

* Games need to be worth 8$ or more for system promo's
* Games Under 8$ will NOT be bumped up to 10$. (That deal is over)

EDGE CARDS
- i doubt anyone cares.
Warld of Warcraft/Nintendo DS/Spiderman III/Transformers Edge cards are disco'd.
The New one is Nintendo WII

Some stores might still have Spiderman III and Transformer movie posters.

[quote name='Firestorm']You go to school with weirdos maigoyume >.>; I have a bunch of friends who got it, two bought a DS Lite using this trade-in deal and picked up Pokemon. Both traded in some quality games too actually.

Spades, get Phoenix Wright, Kirby, and Halo 2.[/quote]yea well, we're chefs after all, gotta be a bit strange to want to do a job that doesn't pay well, has long hours, and no OT :roll:

Tomb Raider will be one of those games you can get for $10 soon. It's like Kameo: tons of copies and not terribly popular.

LSWII is crazy fun, especially if you play with someone.

Definitely get Halo 2: that game almost never goes on sale, plus it's got immense replay value.

Never played the other three, though I've heard good things about PW.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Tomb Raider will be one of those games you can get for $10 soon. It's like Kameo: tons of copies and not terribly popular.

LSWII is crazy fun, especially if you play with someone.

Definitely get Halo 2: that game almost never goes on sale, plus it's got immense replay value.

Never played the other three, though I've heard good things about PW.[/quote]drop what you're doing and go get PW NOW! its by far one of, if not THE BEST text-adventure game i've ever played

Cool thanks for the tips guys... already went out and, like Firestorm said, I was going to get PW, Kirby, and Halo 2 before I read this. I managed to get PW for 20$ and Halo 2 for 20 as well. Sadly Kirby: Canvas Curse was sold out all over the place...so I still want to get that yet. I'll check other stores later.

I got my DS too from trading 6 games today. Pretty sweet, I spent about 50 bucks :D. I have 3 more games so maybe I'll get Halo 3 preordered or find more games and get another DS. Got an Onyx DSL, and at the bottom I felt these weird sharp things. At first I thought they were a mess up when making the plastic, so I scratched one off slightly so it wasn't so sharp for like 10 seconds. Then when I was playing later I saw they were on both sides, so I guess they were to protect the DS when lying on a hard surface horizontally lol.

I almost feel like exchanging it cause I scratched one off (well not off...just a really little bit so it's not as sharp)...but I'm trying to resist thinking about it. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to consoles being in good shape and used properly lol

Oh ya and PW is pretty cool. I played the first Episode and went perfect my first time around :D, getting everything right. The one where they ask about proving the time was 3 hours back was the hardest question for me xD...but still its a pretty easy, fun game!

Hmm forget some of them, but I know for some reason this clerk didn't check for instruction booklets. It was more sudden cause I came in with 6 games with manuals, but brought my others without just in case. I ended up saving around 5-10 bucks cause he took the games w/o manuals. So hopefully I can get that same clerk again and preorder Halo 3.

Basically I traded in some cheap games I could find (most of them were b/w 7-10 dollars) on that Lancer's list I posted earlier. If you bring that with and look at all the 9.99 games and see if its on the list you can't go wrong. One game that was easier to find was Fifa Street 2! On RFD they said it no longer qualified for Xbox, but I phoned all over and they said it was still 8$ so that was good...

Oh and I suggest you go to Superstore and dig in the bargain bins. I found 3 games there that worked (Fifa Street 2 DS, Psychonauts...and one other) all for 10 dollars each.

Oh ya and the reason I actually was gunna post here was to say that Lost Magic is actually quite a fun game! That rune drawing system is really cool/fun actually. if you can find that for 10$ at Superstore definitely pick it up...it's for sure worth it and I saw it still selling for 35-40 dollars at EB games today. I still have Psychonauts for PS2 from the 10$ sale as well ... don't know if I should keep it though. But ya so far I don't know why Lost Magic would get such a low avg. score in the 6 region...unless maybe it's cause the story bites and the graphics aren't awesome lol.

[quote name='Firestorm']Wait 'til you get to case 4. Blows the mind. I wish I could forget everything so I could play the game again fresh.[/quote]i have a horrible memory, so there is definitely replay value on that game :) case 4 was awesome, but case 5 was my absolute favourite.............not just because of
emma and lana
;)

ya I'm thinking PW will have no replay value though...I mean once I play a game and beat it I never forget what to do if I go back to it. Maybe I should beat it within 14 days and return it to EB, then buy Canvas Curse which probably has slightly better replay lol

Do all EBGames have Kirby's Canvas curse (as in, it's a new shipment)? Because I haven't seen any copies of this game for forever.

Grabbed a DS Lite, PSP and a used xbox for my bro (to either keep or trade towards a 360). Now I need to decide which of the 2 handhelds to keep

I finally traded in 6 games for an onyx DS lite! The games i traded:

Donkey konga GCB
Final Fantasy X-2 PS2
Phantasy Star Online 1&2+ GCB
harvest moon AWL GCB
DOAX Xbox
Final Fantasy Chronicles GCB

I got them from a cag member, and they were in excellent condition with manuals and all. I also got Phoenix wright, can't wait to try it!

Thanks OP, and everyone that contributed.

nice. For anyones DS Lite, is the right trigger button a little looser/easier to press down than the left one?

should i exchange it or not bother, lol. I did this once with a PS2 and I always found something wrong with the controller. I ended up exchanging the console 2-3 times and each time something was wrong with the controller, each being different problems. (And one of the consoles just plain sucked and froze a lot). Eventually I just kept one cause I didnt want to exchange, so I ended up with a very squeaky and clicky right analog stick (always clicks so you can hear it loudly when you play).

You can bring the triggers down slightly before they click, and the right one just takes way less pressure to get to the clicking point ... lol

seems kinda the same for mine.

I got a ds lite today.

The store I was planning to buy from got mauled by a hoarder.
Was there like 1 hour earlier went for lunch and all the good games were gone. With a person claiming he had 14 games. Gave me some sort of tip of a location but he seemed a bit of a jerk. Sorry if its someone from here.

So I ended up paying more than I expected.

(store reupped the price of suiko tactics to 14.99 to my dismay.

Talked them into giving me it for 9.99 though.

Six Games were

NHL O7 XBOX
Suikoden Tactics PS2
Call of Duty Finest Hour GCN
Fifa Street PS2
FFX-2 PS2
NBA Ballers PS2

My buddy who travelled with me also got a DS lite for
FFX-2
Fifa Street
COD FH
Wild Arms 4
NFS UG 2 PS2
And
Yu gi oh falsebound kingdom GC

I may try for a PS3 but I don't think I'll be lucky enough. :(

[quote name='Lockescythe']seems kinda the same for mine.

I got a ds lite today.

[/quote]

Same with the R button thing? Ya I read on another forum that that was one of the more common complaints, a squishy R shoulder button on the DS Lite. Other complaints were like "A moving touchscreen that moves horizontally a bit when you try to wiggle it", "dead pixels...of course", broken hinges (look for slight cracks), diagonal movement on cursor needs pressure to be fully responsive (this one seems to be on most DS'...design error or something). IGN had it from about 10 months ago, so some of the design errors like the diagonal control pad thing might have been fixed.

I think I'll exchange it...might as well get a perfect one. Nintendo has a 1 year warranty also right?

[quote name='Spades22']Same with the R button thing? Ya I read on another forum that that was one of the more common complaints, a squishy R shoulder button on the DS Lite. Other complaints were like "A moving touchscreen that moves horizontally a bit when you try to wiggle it", "dead pixels...of course", broken hinges (look for slight cracks), diagonal movement on cursor needs pressure to be fully responsive (this one seems to be on most DS'...design error or something). IGN had it from about 10 months ago, so some of the design errors like the diagonal control pad thing might have been fixed.

I think I'll exchange it...might as well get a perfect one. Nintendo has a 1 year warranty also right?[/quote]yea, but i don't think they'll replace a squishy R button, i wouldn't really call that a defect

Aren't you being a tad picky? I don't think mass-produced consoles all work perfectly. As long as it doesn't overheat like the PS3 or die like a lot of launch 360s I won't complain.

Debating whether to keep or sell my DSL... what will my parents say? =D

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Aren't you being a tad picky? I don't think mass-produced consoles all work perfectly. As long as it doesn't overheat like the PS3 or die like a lot of launch 360s I won't complain.

Debating whether to keep or sell my DSL... what will my parents say? =D[/quote]hes a perfectionist, its what they do, i just don't like the idea of giving eb more trade fodder

probably am being too picky...don't know why I'm ONLY a perfectionist when it comes to game consoles/controllers....=/

[quote name='Spades22']probably am being too picky...don't know why I'm ONLY a perfectionist when it comes to game consoles/controllers....=/[/quote]i am as well, but i won't go insane over a squishy R button, however i did get a new gc controller after my buddy mashed the B button on a spice orange one, suffice to say hes been using the "masher" controller ever since

Well I'm not freaking out or anything...it's just I figure since I'm being a new piece of equipment I may as well get one that works perfectly. The one button just keeps getting looser and more flabby...and I heard it starting to crack now or something when I push it down part-way...

Ya with GC controllers too I'm also picky. I have one controller with a completely destroyed control stick and I always give that to my friends...mainly cause they wrecked it in SSBM by always trying to run lol. Noone but me uses my one controller...or ever will. They think I'm weird cause I change the slots if they want to be first player, rather than giving them my controller :p

In Toronto at the Pawn shops on Queen East (around 201) I saw at least a used copy of Halo and Ratchet Deadlocked, which are both eligible (I didn't grab them as at the time I figured I wasn't going to go for the deal) at 10 bucks a piece.

[quote name='Lockescythe']ah mines actualy not like that. The r and l buttons seem a bit different but I dont think its a error or anything on my end.[/quote]

Is the R trigger looser/doesn't click as nicely/pushes down further than the l one before clicking?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I think playing lots of Mario Party would mess up your controllers quickly.[/quote]i guess it depends how rigorous you use the controller are during the minigames

Reposting my question from the previous page:

Do all EBGames have Kirby's Canvas curse (as in, it's a new shipment)? Because I haven't seen any copies of this game for forever.

[quote name='Hoonose']Reposting my question from the previous page:

Do all EBGames have Kirby's Canvas curse (as in, it's a new shipment)? Because I haven't seen any copies of this game for forever.[/quote]
Well it was released about 2 years ago. So eb games might be clearing out old stock.

Just wanted to stop by and say HOLY SHIT GBA games look so freaken beautiful on the DS screens ... DAMN, o and Phoenix Wright is an awesome game.

anyone know where i can get EBA for $20 or under? i got ouendan 2 heading my way even as i type this post, just want to see the diff b/t ouendan and EBA first hand

[quote name='maigoyume']anyone know where i can get EBA for $20 or under? [/quote]
Well I've been looking around hoping to get it for that price, and so far no luck.

Is it a good idea to buy touchscreen protectors for the DS? Or don't they help/damage it? Also what do you use to clean the touchscreen? I don't have any eyeglass cleaner cloth or anything (dont have glasses...)

[quote name='Spades22']Is it a good idea to buy touchscreen protectors for the DS? Or don't they help/damage it? Also what do you use to clean the touchscreen? I don't have any eyeglass cleaner cloth or anything (dont have glasses...)[/quote]

I definitely think you should buy a screen protector... I use a stylus on my PDA, and it has a protector. Needless to say, the protector's pretty scratched up.

As for cleaning it, maybe a slightly damp towel?

ok towel sounds good. I was thinking that and tried it once too.

Umm for the screen protector, are there any brand names I should look out for, or are they all the same?

From your previous post about liking things being perfect buy a screen protector before you play any intensive touch screen games.
For a cloth go to the Dollar Store and look for a Micro Fiber cloth. I have two of them to clean my DS, LCD displays and TV. It just takes a tiny amount of water and you wipe. They will not scratch the screen. My first iMac came with one in the box, I've loved them ever since for cleaning electronics.

[quote name='Spades22']ok towel sounds good. I was thinking that and tried it once too.

Umm for the screen protector, are there any brand names I should look out for, or are they all the same?[/quote]go hori, they're a dependable product that is licensed by nintendo in Japan, you can grab it off play-asia or yesasia assuming you have paypal or another way to pay for online transactions, i use a glass cleaning cloth for my ds, works perfectly, and the screen protectors usually come with a cloth anyways

Hori really is the best brand in screen protectors. I have one for my psp and not only does it do an excellent job of protecting the screen, it is basically invisible (most people who see my psp don't even know there is a screen protector on it, you have to look really hard around the edges to see it).

I may get one for the DS, but I'm on the fence right now. I don't honestly think I'll be using it enough to warrant buying one.

bread's done
Back