[CANADA] FS 20-25 bucks off ANYTHING! (DEAD)

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
This deal is dead now. Sorry to all those who missed out

hey folks, please forgive me if this has already been posted, but i'm very excited by what appears to be an error with Futureshop online. we have done this several times already and it has WORKED:

1. add a blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R to your cart ($22.99) or a blank Verbatim Blu-ray BD-ER to your cart ($27.99)

2. add WHATEVER else you want to your cart

3. the cart will automatically give you a $50 discount on your total

*** the rules for this deal also say they will give you a $50 gift card IN STORE, but we had to argue with a manager for a half hour and were not allowed to use this deal, so it's serious YMMV in actual stores. thankfully, the internet doesn't seem to care ***

we were able to get Xbox Live 2800 pt cards for just over 20 bucks. godspeed before this is corrected and ended.

EDIT: this does indeed appear to be an error, since buying any Blu-Ray PLAYER is supposed to give you the $50 credit. HOWEVER, it does say "with the purchase of this Product" on the page of the disc alone, so it might still work.

EDIT 2: my girlfriend just came back home with a $50 gift card, so i suppose some stores are actually letting that slide, haha

Managed to get everything that I wanted, except smash (GRRR If only it was out now). I tried getting other little games like CoD2 and Tomb raider for 2-3$ and I got a couple of em... and I got a points card right at the end too. Remembered CoD2 right at the end though and I was a little late...everything is sold out now for the CDs near my place.

EDIT: Just got confirmations for everything too...man the location I was first buying stuff at sold out (got 3 items there), and they were taking off the CD which was nice. The new location where I got the last 5 items didn't take off the CD...so I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I kinda doubt they'll take it as a return, particularily if it says on the receipt that it was combined with a $50 gift card.

[quote name='Spades22']Managed to get everything that I wanted, except smash (GRRR If only it was out now). I tried getting other little games like CoD2 and Tomb raider for 2-3$ and I got a couple of em... and I got a points card right at the end too. Remembered CoD2 right at the end though and I was a little late...everything is sold out now for the CDs near my place.

EDIT: Just got confirmations for everything too...man the location I was first buying stuff at sold out (got 3 items there), and they were taking off the CD which was nice. The new location where I got the last 5 items didn't take off the CD...so I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I kinda doubt they'll take it as a return, particularily if it says on the receipt that it was combined with a $50 gift card.[/quote]

did you go in store and buy the items and got the discount applied, or did u place an online pick-up?

I havent picked anything up yet...I just got the emails that said the order has been confirmed and that I can pick it up.

I did online store pickup...

Yeah, the one for 27.99 is working. SO, anything less 21.99=FREE w/instore pickup.

SO far I've done:
Shipping orders for:
Patapon
2 Live Point Cards
Michael Clayton Blu-Ray

IN-STORE orders for:
Crackdown ($7.00)
Trioncube-DS Puzzle Game ($0.00)
Points Card ($0.00)

So, for about $40 (shipping on stuff above and 7 for Crackdown), I managed 3 point cards, a 360 game, a Blu-Ray movie and a DS game and a PSP game.
EPIC VICTORY.

The 2 orders I made for pick-up are ready at Ancaster, and If my parents come home soon (have 1.5 hours before closing) then I can tell everyone how it goes.

I think its officially dead though.

And best of all, all $40 or so is put towards GCs.
27.99 is STILL AVAILABLE, guys whore this out while you can!
Picked up Phoenix Ace Attorney, I think I'm done :D

There is a high chance that the orders won't work, mainly cause on the site (at the end of a order) they stated that they reserve the right to cancel any order -.-;;

Excellent! About an 2 hours after I placed my order for the BD-R and a DS system, I got an email saying it was ready. It said the DS was ready, but the BD-R disc wasn't available, so I would have to re-order it later. But the deal still stuck and the DS was only going to cost me $97.04 So I went and picked up my DS without a hitch and paid $109 after taxes, and don't have to worry about returning the BD-R, or anything! Friggin' awesome!

[quote name='Faytz']There is a high chance that the orders won't work, mainly cause on the site (at the end of a order) they stated that they reserve the right to cancel any order -.-;;[/quote]

Didn't happen to me. I walked out with my DS at about $35-$50 off after taxes (depnding on where you woulf buy it elsewhere for $129.99 or $139.99)

Got my orders. Took a little waiting for the manager to try and process what was going on (and I still don't think he knows), but I walked away with 3 blank blu rays, 2 1400 Xbox live point cards, and Lost Oydssey for $37.27.

The deal is actually supposed to be for blu ray PLAYERS, not a blu ray disc...hahahaha. Oh well.

The Lost Odyssey one went through first (after a bit of persuading on my part), but the 2 free 1400 point cards took about 20 minutes before the manager finally just told the girl to put a balance on a gift card and pay it out that way.

My roommate also did this at a different store and got the disc with a free 25 spindle of memorex dual layer dvd+rs for free.

My roommate had a LOT less hassle than I did, so I think for orders that come to $0.00, this deal is DEFINITELY YMMV.

My roommate had a LOT less hassle than I did, so I think for orders that come to $0.00, this deal is DEFINITELY YMMV.

Half my orders were cancelled so I only have 4 now that are still good, and those are the ones where the BD-R disc was taken off like what happened with eday and they didnt cancel those at all, so I think they'll still work!
I actually got a PHONECALL and they said what they were going to cancel, lol. But, maybe if I complain a bit when I go to pick up what wasnt cancelled....and if I take the confirmation email....

15x8l94.jpg

Ok, went to Metro and got a lady who didn't seem to know what she was doing. After a LONG wait, manager looking over stuff, and everything, I finally got my two orders. YMMV for pickup for sure. And even online looks like it might be a bust? I'll see what happens when I pick up Layton at the Surrey location on Monday.

The pickup sheet says the discount is with BluRay players so I had to push and say that the website said this item gave me a discount. Well, I got Zack & Wiki for $4 and No More Heroes for $25 so I'm happy.

your mileage may vary... still not exactly sure why that acronym wasnt something like PDFYL (possibly different for your location) or something like that ;)

I just got back from picking up my orders. Smooth as can be. I was in and out no questions asked. I got a pair of headphones and Assassin's creed for 24 dollars.

[quote name='Spades22']your mileage may vary... still not exactly sure why that acronym wasnt something like PDFYL (possibly different for your location) or something like that ;)[/quote]

Because it's usually used for cars or other automotive vehicles where depending where you are, the milage you'll get will range from some such to some such. It's really the same thing as your wacky acronym but more universal.

[quote name='poiuiu']Because it's usually used for cars or other automotive vehicles where depending where you are, the milage you'll get will range from some such to some such. It's really the same thing as your wacky acronym but more universal.[/quote]

oh makes sense. It was always just used in the same context that PDFYL would be used in so I assumed thats what it meant. Mines actually pretty easy to remember... PDFYL = Pityful except pronounced Pidyfill

I just wanna thank ikariwarriors for posting this awesome deal. Buying $190 worth of stuff for $37 is definitely nothing to sneeze at. So, thanks!

Picked mine up at the store. BR disc and Lost for $3 and change.

OP - if you were a girl I would give you a big sloppy kiss.

Received the 2 emails saying my orders are ready for pickup. One incomplete with just the BD disc for $3.52 :)

[quote name='DMPugh']I just wanna thank ikariwarriors for posting this awesome deal. Buying $190 worth of stuff for $37 is definitely nothing to sneeze at. So, thanks![/quote]

wow how much free stuff did you get! I saw you got lost odyssey, and two 1400 point cards for free...but isnt that like 100 dollars worth of stuff for 37$

wish the free things woulda worked for me...i couldnt get any confirmation unless it was like around 10 dollars or more

The link to the 22.99 disc doesnt work any more. =P
BTW i realised the girl at the counter gave me the 27.99 disc when i ordered the 22.99 one. Bonus.

Went and picked up two of my orders. Took a while because I thought I had ordered the DDR bundle and not just the game, but for $3 I wasn't about to make a fuss. Of my other two orders, the shipped one has been confirmed but not yet shipped and my other one is ready for pickup w/o the Blu-Ray disc.

Worth noting my order was actually cheaper when I picked it up; the website orders went through for about $30, paid $23 at the store. :)

Thanks a hell of a lot ikariwarriors!

lol the blu-ray disc was OOS so my order was completed without it.

still got the discount, $7 for a $35 game haha

edit: i picked up instore

Going in tomorrow to pick up $480 worth of stuff for 130$. If I get it all its the best deal Canadian CAG deal ever :p

[quote name='scary perry']online order was just canceled.[/quote]

Was this for an order to be shipped out? I managed to snag some in-store pickup deals and acted quickly on it.

I bought Heavenly Sword, Wii component cables, and a BD-RE for $38. I also ordered some wii points cards so hopefully that goes through.

Thank you for sharing :D

Yeah the store pickup was OK, but the duty manager had to check it because they ring it through in the store.

The online order was canceled (I tried both expecting the online order would not work).

i'm kinda surprised this isn't on RFD yet, good job CAGs for keepin it in the family! :applause:

maybe that's why this deal is still alive.

[quote name='heimdal']i'm kinda surprised this isn't on RFD yet, good job CAGs for keepin it in the family! :applause:

maybe that's why this deal is still alive.[/quote]

[quote name='PhoenyX101']Damn everything is sold out in Toronto, guess I'll try it online. This thread has over 2000 views so some people are lurking.[/quote]

You have to have an account to see CAG, Right?
So there are no lurkers

Oh ya I think you do need an account, good point.

If everything wasn't sold out and I didn't have to pay for shipping then I'd be ordering games like mad. $8 shipping sorta kills it.

Not true, I was a lurker for quite some time before I finally decided to sign up. I don't know about every individual forum, but this one in particular is certainly lurkable.

bread's done
Back