[CANADA] FS 20-25 bucks off ANYTHING! (DEAD)

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
This deal is dead now. Sorry to all those who missed out

hey folks, please forgive me if this has already been posted, but i'm very excited by what appears to be an error with Futureshop online. we have done this several times already and it has WORKED:

1. add a blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R to your cart ($22.99) or a blank Verbatim Blu-ray BD-ER to your cart ($27.99)

2. add WHATEVER else you want to your cart

3. the cart will automatically give you a $50 discount on your total

*** the rules for this deal also say they will give you a $50 gift card IN STORE, but we had to argue with a manager for a half hour and were not allowed to use this deal, so it's serious YMMV in actual stores. thankfully, the internet doesn't seem to care ***

we were able to get Xbox Live 2800 pt cards for just over 20 bucks. godspeed before this is corrected and ended.

EDIT: this does indeed appear to be an error, since buying any Blu-Ray PLAYER is supposed to give you the $50 credit. HOWEVER, it does say "with the purchase of this Product" on the page of the disc alone, so it might still work.

EDIT 2: my girlfriend just came back home with a $50 gift card, so i suppose some stores are actually letting that slide, haha

[quote name='miriamleo']Anyone order it shipped receive their items?[/quote]

The deal was was posted today Sat at noon. It is about midnight the same Saturday. Less than a day for shipping? I think that is a bit optimistic, no? I ordered almost immediately and my shipped order was canceled a few hours later.

The instore order was fulfilled too fast for them to catch it - and I went to the store right away.

It probably won't work tomorrow. But being Sunday, HO might not be able to get the message out today, so if you have a store near by forget the shipping option and try to get in a store.

[quote name='PhoenyX101']Oh ya I think you do need an account, good point.

If everything wasn't sold out and I didn't have to pay for shipping then I'd be ordering games like mad. $8 shipping sorta kills it.[/quote]

I think only the video game deals forum that requires you to have an account.

Just want to say thanks..

picked up

Micheal Clayton (widescreen) - 23.99
American Gangster - 24.99
Gone Baby Gone - 25.99
3:10 to yuma (blueray) - 26.99
Dumb and Dumber - 6.99
Blue ipod skin/case - 19.99

+ 5x - blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R = 22.99x5

All together that stuff is worth 243.89 and i payed 55.19 (i shipped 5 seperate orders and only payed for shipping on each order)

smokin deal..... and it all went through and is being shipped! woohooo

all that

Hey.. anyone know what we can do with these cds?

how can we return them? i see people talking about returning them.. but i think that will be a problem since my invoice states 0.00 for the cds. Maybe try to return instore with no receipt?

anyone know where else we can sell them? lol

thx guys

Not sure what to do with these. It would be nice to be able to return them but yeah, my invoices say I didn't pay a cent for them.

I tried ebay but it just doesn't look like there's a market for these things yet. I guess hold onto them?

ya... i guess hold until people actually want them :lol:.. i might try the flea market.. you never know i guess.. i will keep you posted.. let me know what you do with yours to DM! :D

PS: Dm.. what did you snag?

Damnit, I do not have a credit card. Does anyone have a gift card code they can PM me. What I plan to do is keep all purchase totals to $0.00 technically getting "free" stuff. If anyone can PM me a gift card code, that would be VERY APPRECIATED. In fact, if anyone needs help, I think we should all help.

forty ounce.. it wont work you have to pay for the shipping on the cds with is 6.99 and whatever else you choose. ex a DVD or game - is 1.99

if you leave 0 dollars and choose in store pickup when you go in they will refuse to honour anything.. i tried this afternoon

[quote name='proteinfreak']forty ounce.. it wont work you have to pay for the shipping on the cds with is 6.99 and whatever else you choose. ex a DVD or game - is 1.99

if you leave 0 dollars and choose in store pickup when you go in they will refuse to honour anything.. i tried this afternoon[/quote]

I meant for in store pickup, but then again, YMMV on the honour thing. Is there any argument you can devise to MAKE them honour your order? :whistle2:k

Got a wii nunchuck for $13.40 taxes and shipping included. Thanks OP!

I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of BD-R(E)'s on ebay.

if a store charges you a price on the web, they are probably force to sell you the item for that price.

The webpage of the Blu-ray disc clearly says futureshop card of 50$ at the purchase of THIS product.

I managed to pick up (in-store pickup option from an online order):
All on BD:
Blade Runner 5-disc set
Pan's Labyrinth
The Rock
3 Blank BD-REs

For a grand total of $41. It was supposed to only be $21.43, but the girl charged me tax on the entire price, then deducted $150 (she had no idea what she was doing), but I didn't complain 'cause that's still a pretty smokin' deal!!

Thanks OP! :)

I already listed two of my three discs on eBay... I don't care what they sell for, even $1 for something I got for free and can't use is fine with me.

No spare gift card, sorry!

I tried at 3 different stores in-store picking, will see how it goes...
I will print the printout of my orders from their website and a copy of the page with the details on 50$ off.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I meant for in store pickup, but then again, YMMV on the honour thing. Is there any argument you can devise to MAKE them honour your order? :whistle2:k[/quote]
Obviously not. This deal isn't even supposed to exist, and their terms say quite plainly they can cancel orders. Although hopefully they hand out some token giftcards for canceled online orders like they usually do.

Were you guys able to get the gift cards as well? Meaning you end up getting everything for free plus money back? lulz.

I think the deal just died, the $27.99 bd-r won't even appear in my shopping cart, it says the product does not exist.

[quote name='Frendo']I think the deal just died, the $27.99 bd-r won't even appear in my shopping cart, it says the product does not exist.[/quote]

Yup,its dead...
Its a miracle that it lasted this long...

Yeah, just missed out, oh well, I guess I'll continue with Lost Odyssey, Bioshock and the Forza 2/M:UA pack.

All FOUR of my online orders processed?
Less than $40 for 2 point cards, Michael Clayton on Blu-Ray and Patapon? Ok!
My 2 in-store pickup orders were NOT filled at Hamilton but the other 2 were filled at Ancaster. I'm going there soon.

I picked up my orders. There only seemed to be a little confusion for one as the blu-ray disc was a different price on the 2 orders, so he gave me Price-Protection on it.

Well looks like it won't matter anyway, since they billed on the reciepts without any indication of a discount, so returning is possible. However, the deal is dead now.

One last order is being processed for online shipping even though it was out of stock, so that's pretty sweet.

Great job OP and everyone who could get in on this. It's still early, but it might go down as Deal of the Year in my books.

Picked up my 3 orders this morning. They gave me BD-RE discs for all 3 :)
3 BD-RE discs and 2 hd-dvds for $14 and change. My two delivery orders were processed this morning too.

Once you actually get the "Orders filled" email, can they still choose NOT to give you the items? It doesn't seem like they could since I'd assume their chance to cancel orders is during the processing of the item...since about 25% of the items I tried to order were "not filled" and the rest were "filled" or "partially filled". I mean if I walk in with proof that futureshop filled the orders...hmm

My order were cancelled at 2 stores, one store say they are ready for pickup, one called me to tell me it cannot be true (and while the link was working at my place, the futureshop guy could not find the item with the webcode) but some of my orders are filled at that store...

I have print the page of the bluray disc with the 50$ off, hopefully it will be useful to pickup the stuff.

I'm going to be going to try and pick up my orders this afternoon so I'll give an update after I get back but I got the confirmations this morning.

Thanks OP ... both my orders (to ship) processed this morning!

It's shame shipping is so much for the BD-Rs, but hey, still a great deal.

The FS in Brampton off Bovaird accepted my order, emailed me that it was avail for pickup, then about an hour later I got a call from the store saying they couldn't honour it. They told me I had to buy a BR player for the discount, it was the fault of the web people, and maybe the online component will honour it but the store couldn't. I guess I could complain... but is it worth it really?

Thanks OP, awesome deal if only I had been paying attention earlier. That's what I get for not checking with CAG everyday :p

[quote name='Spades22']Once you actually get the "Orders filled" email, can they still choose NOT to give you the items? It doesn't seem like they could since I'd assume their chance to cancel orders is during the processing of the item...since about 25% of the items I tried to order were "not filled" and the rest were "filled" or "partially filled". I mean if I walk in with proof that futureshop filled the orders...hmm[/quote]
Thats the thing. I can't see how they can cancel something after they tell you to come IN to the store and pick it up. It should be a win win situation.

[quote name='cliffclaven2']This was posted on neogaf (unfortunately). Gotta keep things like this quiet.[/quote]

GAF has less people who check that topic than we probably have lurkers ;) And it was posted when this was a lost cause (they'd taken down the BD-R, and only the BD-RE was left).

Also, only the Video Game Deals forum is member-only. This board is viewable by all.

Well I called the online web support to see what the dilio is going on. The guy told me to reprocess the order and have it shipped, it would work. Of course, I can't find the product online anymore so I call back. I talk to the same guy and I think he's starting to get nervous. I tell him I can't find the product so what the heck, so he tries to tell me it may have been taken offline because they could be recently working on the site and I say "You guys work on a Sunday?!?"
Long story short, I told him to get a manager to call me on a day when people usually work. Like, other than a Sunday. :lol:

My order (to ship) was also processed this morning, thanks OP! Thank god RFD didn't find out about this. I think I might make a thread there telling them that they missed out on the best deal of the year and rub it in.

[quote name='PhoenyX101']My order (to ship) was also processed this morning, thanks OP! Thank god RFD didn't find out about this. I think I might make a thread there telling them that they missed out on the best deal of the year and rub it in.[/quote]

Ugh, if there aren't lurkers here now, that would guarantee all of RFD would start lurking here if they caught wind of where it came from.

[quote name='slugbug']Now that the deal is over, feel free to post it on RFD :D I still can't believe it wasn't posted there.[/quote]

lol I had the same idea. Unfortunately though the trail may lead back here.

Well I think we were pretty lucky: if the OP hadn't posted this on the weekend there's a pretty good chance RFD would've found it.

OP is full of epic win.

All 5 of my orders were processed this morning as well.

Order (#) was successfully processed today. We will ship each item as it becomes available. There is no extra cost for separate shipments and you will only be charged at the time we ship that item. In addition we will send you a new ship notice email as each item ships from our facilities.

When I ordered I choose "ship all items together" even though the BD-R's were out of stock rather than separate shipments due to the cost being higher for paying shipping twice. But with the notice above, they say they ship each item as it becomes available (and they eat the cost).

I don't know what to expect

Timeshift PS3
1400 xbox points card
Tomb Raider Anniversary 360
Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros` Treasure Wii
Deliverance (1972) (Blu-Ray)
+ 5 BD-R's
for $79.71 all in

Whether or not it works, thanks OP! :applause:

HUGE thanks to OP! These all processed this morning:

Justice League: The New Frontier (2007) (Blu-ray)
Lost Odyssey (XBOX 360)
Departed (2006) (Blu-ray)
Phoenix Wright: Apollo Justice (Nintendo DS)

Here's hoping they ship soon. :)

bread's done
Back