[CANADA] FS 20-25 bucks off ANYTHING! (DEAD)

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
This deal is dead now. Sorry to all those who missed out

hey folks, please forgive me if this has already been posted, but i'm very excited by what appears to be an error with Futureshop online. we have done this several times already and it has WORKED:

1. add a blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R to your cart ($22.99) or a blank Verbatim Blu-ray BD-ER to your cart ($27.99)

2. add WHATEVER else you want to your cart

3. the cart will automatically give you a $50 discount on your total

*** the rules for this deal also say they will give you a $50 gift card IN STORE, but we had to argue with a manager for a half hour and were not allowed to use this deal, so it's serious YMMV in actual stores. thankfully, the internet doesn't seem to care ***

we were able to get Xbox Live 2800 pt cards for just over 20 bucks. godspeed before this is corrected and ended.

EDIT: this does indeed appear to be an error, since buying any Blu-Ray PLAYER is supposed to give you the $50 credit. HOWEVER, it does say "with the purchase of this Product" on the page of the disc alone, so it might still work.

EDIT 2: my girlfriend just came back home with a $50 gift card, so i suppose some stores are actually letting that slide, haha

i think i got lucky.

picked up some PS3 games:
Devil May Cry 4
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
Lost Planet
for $50.93

also got three of my shipping orders processed
MLB 08 The Show ($17.98)
Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse ($4.13)
Sony Ericsson Portable External Speakers ($0.00)

the guy who was working at the pick-up counter was flabbergasted. he was a gamer too, couldn't believe what i pulled off.

ikariwarriors, i love you. (no homo)

I was able to pick my items up, the futureshop guys didn't know what was going on and was shocked about the price. Since my receipt didn't list the $50 gift card, I will be able to return the unwanted disc making the deal even more sweeter. Thanks OP.

Got Devil May Cry 4 Limited edition for $30 after all the discounts, and after returning the BD disc

thanks again to the original poster of this insane offer!

Yeah, big thank you to ikariwarriors. I got No More Heroes for $25 and Zack & Wiki for $4 even if my Professor Layton for $8 doesn't pull through (gonna try picking it up tomorrow).

All my stores had the blu-ray discs out of stock so I didn't need to pay for them either.

- lost odyssey ($25) worth 60
- two 1400 point xbox live cards ($10) worth 40
- two kingston 2gb usb drives ($10) worth 40

I don't understand how you guys managed to pull of the in store pick ups...
Everytime when an item is unavailable for pickup, my entire order gets canned by FS or BB. Never was there a time when i could pick up only part of my orders!

With that said, yes. My two instore pickups (Batman Begins HD-DVD and Zack & Wiki) were canceled. However, ALL of my online orders just got processed today. Which is awsome! Seperate shipping too. Thanks OP!! :applause:

score, nintendogs lab + friends ($34.99) and professor layton ($34.99)

$16 total :)

and the 4 orders i ended up shipping have been processed too

[quote name='bakudan']I don't understand how you guys managed to pull of the in store pick ups...
Everytime when an item is unavailable for pickup, my entire order gets canned by FS or BB. Never was there a time when i could pick up only part of my orders![/quote]

Same for me. The discs would be OOS in store (yet not updated on the site yet) and I wouldn't be able to pick it up or submit the order unless everything was in stock.

Oh well, still managed to pick up a few things. Words can't explain how unbelieveable this was.

I tried to pick up in store this morning, wouldn't accept it because the items no longer on the website, told me to call head office.

So far I've got a 2800 points card. Going to see if this other thing ships. And see if I can pick up the rest of this stuff instore. But even if I can't get those I'm happy with just the points card. Thank you OP. :bouncy:

i headed to the broadway and pine location

Edit: btw you should put (DEAD) in the thread title now, no point getting other peoples hopes up

No go. Talked for over an hour and they turned it down. I don't understand why they had the nerve to tell us to come pick it up and then turn it down.
I wish I went yesterday, probably would've worked then because it was still on the site.
fuck you Futureshop, I have better places to buy things from.
Honestly though, now that I'm done with FS and I also hate EB, I'm running out of choices. If only Amazon shipped video games to Canada....

[quote name='Lockescythe']wow they wouldn't let you abuse a misprice. Such bad people at FS...[/quote]
I'm done with them for a bit. I'll go back eventually.
So your telling me you wouldn't be upset if they tell you that your order is FILLED and to come PICK IT UP and then turn you down you wouldn't be pissed off?

Didn't the people at FS put aside your orders at Customer Service? If they did, then how are they getting the clue? I just walked to customer service, showed them my order form, and they had it already with a printed invoice on it.

They just price adjust it on the spot, no questions asked.

[quote name='Rex']Didn't the people at FS put aside your orders at Customer Service? If they did, then how are they getting the clue? I just walked to customer service, showed them my order form, and they had it already with a printed invoice on it.

They just price adjust it on the spot, no questions asked.[/quote]
I did the same thing but they're order thing showed everything at 27.99 and 19.99 and said you needed a Blu-Ray player.
They even looked at my order ONLINE to confirm for them once again that it is indeed 0.00 but they still wouldn't do it. And yeah, they're supposed to price adjust, but of course they didn't.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I did the same thing but they're order thing showed everything at 27.99 and 19.99 and said you needed a Blu-Ray player.
They even looked at my order ONLINE to confirm for them once again that it is indeed 0.00 but they still wouldn't do it. And yeah, they're supposed to price adjust, but of course they didn't.[/quote]

Ahh man, you had a $0.00 order? You should've gone a bit over at least. Did you just place your order today though? They probably filled the order today after they fixed the error online (even though you placed it yesterday or something). Man, that's unfortunate.

Yeah but the other one was $7.00 and they wouldn't do that one either. That's what really pissed me off. The other one I can sort of understand.

I'm surprised it was kept under wraps for so long, good job fellow CAGers for not leaking it to RFD! I manged to get the following with local pickup, i didn't want to try shipping as i've heard ppl were getting canceled orders

Heavenly Sword PS3
Assassin's Creed PS3
Astro Boy DVD box set
+BD Discs x3

I kinda regret not getting more but i'm backlogged as it is!

Thanks OP! Definately game deal of the early year so far!

did anyone manage to get giftcards with this?.. like get the cds and add a 30 dollar gift card.. so it would be.. 22.99+30=52.99 + shipping 6.99 for cds and 0 for gift card.. making it 10$ for a 30$ gift card + cds shipped to your door?

im kind of kicking myself, i should of thought of this before.. or was it not allowed?

coulda had free games for a while :(

make that order 20 times = 9.99x20 = around 200 bucks for 600 worth of gift cards.. holyyyyyyy :applause:

was it possible?

Thanks to ikariwarriors, awesome CAG

Picked up Mario Galaxy for $20~ including tax, no problems at customer service

Thanks op. I picked up Lost Odyssey for ~$40 with a Blu-ray. Now I'm off to see if I can pickup Blue Dragon for $10 and Dragon Quest Swords for $20 (both these had the Blu-rays canceled, bonus :)). All my online orders have gone through, but Legend of Heroes 3 was the only instock thing I ordered. So they still have plenty of time to cancel stuff.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yeah but the other one was $7.00 and they wouldn't do that one either. That's what really pissed me off. The other one I can sort of understand.[/quote]
Yeah, but you raised every red flag when you walked in and showed them a $0 order :roll: You shouldn't of ordered that, or at least if you did, you should have picked up your orders separately...

[quote name='Azumangaman']If only Amazon shipped video games to Canada....[/quote]

amazon.ca

There is even a "$10 off $40" coupon on rfd that I have used twice now with a new account each time.
coupon code : MAPNEWNCSAVE
Just make a new account - new email address, everything else can be the same.
Oh and free shipping over $40 too.

I did not abuse it - just tried it once. Got Lost the game for free basically ($3 for the game a BR disc). I fully expected to get a 'no way' at the store. If they would have said no I would not have been upset.

[quote name='proteinfreak']did anyone manage to get giftcards with this?.. like get the cds and add a 30 dollar gift card.. so it would be.. 22.99+30=52.99 + shipping 6.99 for cds and 0 for gift card.. making it 10$ for a 30$ gift card + cds shipped to your door?

im kind of kicking myself, i should of thought of this before.. or was it not allowed?

coulda had free games for a while :(

make that order 20 times = 9.99x20 = around 200 bucks for 600 worth of gift cards.. holyyyyyyy :applause:

was it possible?[/quote]

I did that for a few of my orders 3 of them was confirmed and processed this morning, so ya it is valid :p

aww.. faytz are you serious.. that sucks..

i had 5 orders for a 30 dollar gift card and the cds but i cancelled them because i read on the site (the description of the 50 dollar deal) that you cant combine it with online gift card orders.

SHOOOOOOOT!

im happy it worked for you!

1 more question.. did you process 3 orders for the gift cards and all 3 went through or did you process like 6 or somthing and only 3 went through.. let me know thanks man!

Well I feel kinda bad for exploiting a glitch...but I did. Two successful orders in pick-up form.

NHL08 on 360 for ~15 bucks and RE4 on Wii for ~5. They only had one blu-ray disc, so I wasn't forced to buy the one for the second order.

Thanks OP :]

the bank i have associated with my credit card actually blocked 2 of the products i "baught" cuz they thaught someone else was using it.

just shows how much orders i put in

oh the irony!

[quote name='proteinfreak']aww.. faytz are you serious.. that sucks..

i had 5 orders for a 30 dollar gift card and the cds but i cancelled them because i read on the site (the description of the 50 dollar deal) that you cant combine it with online gift card orders.

SHOOOOOOOT!

im happy it worked for you!

1 more question.. did you process 3 orders for the gift cards and all 3 went through or did you process like 6 or something and only 3 went through.. let me know thanks man![/quote]

Well when I figured it out that it'll work and can't decided what to get, I just continued buying the gift card and the blue ray cd, did that quite some time... not sure how many I actually did but ya three confirmed calls this afternoon (along with three other orders I've placed, phoenix wright apollo justice, battery charger (xbox360), preorder on crisis core game).

The other orders I've placed aren't cancelled yet (at least no emails about it) so I guess it's either it's becoming processed or being cancelled, but either way I got a nice haul this time thanks to the op (been looking ot buy some xbox accessories for a while, man the control basically eats up our stock of batteries...).

One more time Thanks OP!!

Picked up the Wii component cables ($1.69+tax) and RE4 ($4.82+tax) at Broadway today. CSR was surprised at the price and ran to check with his manager, but when he said "$7.30" I breathed a sigh of relief.

Darn it, couldn't cancel my monoprice order... already shipped (must be Mar. 3rd over there.) :whistle2:(

Saw this over on Gametz.

I got 3x BD-RE's, Lost Odyssey, Assassin's Creed and a 1400 MS Point Card for $60. I was afraid they were going to cancel on me but they didn't even bat an eye to it, just knew it was a promotion going on.

Thanks OP.

I place 4 orders last night and I went to pick them up this afternoon and they said they wouldn't honor them all but they let me pick one so that was pretty sweet. I got the AR Max for 2 bucks or something, I know I could have gotten a game but this is only worth a couple of bucks to me so I figured this was the best deal.

Thanks a Million OP!!!!!!

Thanks for this OP! Was able to get in four orders via pick up, all of which were picked up across two future shops with no problems at all. Got Zelda (no blank disc with this one!) and Complete Lego Star Wars saga for the DS, 2nd season of Carnivale, and TMNT and the new Twisted Metal for the nephews along with 3 of the blank discs all for around 55.00. Nobody batted an eyelash when I made my pick ups. Only thing is what to do with the blu-ray discs now?

how about posting the receipts to rub it in futureshops face a bit. hey, they fuck us over all year with their shitty psp insurances.

+1 to the consumers!

Waiting to see if they ship my online orders. I chose the ship available items now option so they may ship the games that are in stock.

[quote name='slugbug']Waiting to see if they ship my online orders. I chose the ship available items now option so they may ship the games that are in stock.[/quote]

Did the same thing also. Anybody got their orders shipped?

i just recieved a phone call from the future shop head office telling me that my online order cant be shipped. I snapped on them explaining how they already debited the amount from my creditcard. They gave me some excuse about there terms blah blah.. They ensured me i would be refunded within 1-2 buisness days

:cry: this turned out to be a big waste of time.. lol

so i guess you can guys can be expecting some phones calls.. then again maybe not because i made 11 orders.. maybe if you just made 1 or 2 it will go through...

anyways goodluck to the rest of you..

[quote name='proteinfreak']i just recieved a phone call from the future shop head office telling me that my online order cant be shipped. I snapped on them explaining how they already debited the amount from my creditcard. They gave me some excuse about there terms blah blah.. They ensured me i would be refunded within 1-2 buisness days

:cry: this turned out to be a big waste of time.. lol

so i guess you can guys can be expecting some phones calls.. then again maybe not because i made 11 orders.. maybe if you just made 1 or 2 it will go through...

anyways goodluck to the rest of you..[/quote]

11 orders? It's like you were trying to call attention to yourself.

Offers like this only work if you act quick and typically use pickup. Shipped orders are hit or miss.

I just read - 11 orders? Sheesh. And you guys hate on the RFD hoarders. No wonder they cancelled your shit. Talk about greedy.

Heh, yeah, ordering like 10 is just asking for trouble. I kept it down to ensure my chances.

Just picked up Professor Layton for $5 with no trouble. They didn't have the BD-R so bonus for me I guess =)

Just got 2800 MS points for ~$11. They didn't end up having the BD-R in stock but they still partially filled my pickup with no hassles whatsoever. Now to cancel that disc order...

Thanks ikariwarriors, you truly are the king of kings....or CAGs.

bread's done
Back