[CANADA] FS 20-25 bucks off ANYTHING! (DEAD)

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
This deal is dead now. Sorry to all those who missed out

hey folks, please forgive me if this has already been posted, but i'm very excited by what appears to be an error with Futureshop online. we have done this several times already and it has WORKED:

1. add a blank Verbatim Blur-Ray BD-R to your cart ($22.99) or a blank Verbatim Blu-ray BD-ER to your cart ($27.99)

2. add WHATEVER else you want to your cart

3. the cart will automatically give you a $50 discount on your total

*** the rules for this deal also say they will give you a $50 gift card IN STORE, but we had to argue with a manager for a half hour and were not allowed to use this deal, so it's serious YMMV in actual stores. thankfully, the internet doesn't seem to care ***

we were able to get Xbox Live 2800 pt cards for just over 20 bucks. godspeed before this is corrected and ended.

EDIT: this does indeed appear to be an error, since buying any Blu-Ray PLAYER is supposed to give you the $50 credit. HOWEVER, it does say "with the purchase of this Product" on the page of the disc alone, so it might still work.

EDIT 2: my girlfriend just came back home with a $50 gift card, so i suppose some stores are actually letting that slide, haha

For those that got cancelled orders, is this the mesage FS gave you?

warning_icon.gif
IMPORTANT: As part of our extended customer service,you will receive a telephone call, at the number provided as your bill to phone number, providing further instruction to verify your order.
Please note that we can only discuss these matters with the credit card account holder in person.
If we don't hear from you within 10 days of the order being placed we will automatically cancel the order.

I made 8 orders, but 4 were instore, but those were pretty much for fun to see if they'd work.
4 that were online are processing, I haven't received any negative notification...

After about 4 hours on a bus, because the bus system around here is crap, I got my 4 orders. 2 Simpsons seasons, Patapon and PW3. :D

[quote name='darkandlong']Offers like this only work if you act quick and typically use pickup. Shipped orders are hit or miss.

I just read - 11 orders? Sheesh. And you guys hate on the RFD hoarders. No wonder they cancelled your shit. Talk about greedy.[/quote]

know your role and shut your mouth jabroni.. :applause:

[quote name='proteinfreak']know your role and shut your mouth jabroni.. :applause:[/quote]

Wow, wrestling rhetoric. Classy. Methinks the creatine has stunted your ability to produce original thoughts.

My disc are listed with a price with no mention of the $50 discount, so I am guessing it be no problem for me to return these discs.

[quote name='bs000']I know it might be pushing your luck but has anyone had success getting a refund on the disc? :roll:[/quote]

This is my next step, since it doesn't specifically say any reasoning for why the discs were so cheap.

Though I picked up my last order instore today, had the girl ring up the orders seperately (said to do CoD4 $25, Assassin's Creed $10, and 2GB MicroSD $3 first) and the blu-ray discs on a second transaction.

So I paid for the first 3, then I was like "wait I might want to get something else." Walked around for a bit, and just didn't bother picking up my blu-rays.

I noticed that she and the other clerk were looking at the print-outs and on the phone. They were probably checking up on everything after the damage had been done.

To the OP, there probably will never be a deal like this again, so thanks to you for sharing with us!

My receipt just says the discs are 2-3 bucks each. No point in returning the discs for me since I can probably get at 5 bucks plus shipping for them on ebay or something. :p

[quote name='proteinfreak']know your role and shut your mouth jabroni.. :applause:[/quote]

Hm? Who are you? He's right. It's basically the RFD behaviour we look down on. Although in this case it's obvious it was going to die so hell, go wild.

The in-store pickups I had for $2 wii points cards were canned. My orders were all partially complete so I didn't have to pay for the blu-ray blanks.

Altogether, I picked up Heavenly Sword, Wii component cables, and 2 blu ray movies for roughly $50 total.

I also have Smash Brawl ordered for about $25 shipped. I think it might go through since I have not received any e-mails regarding that order yet.

[quote name='darkandlong']Wow, wrestling rhetoric. Classy. Methinks the creatine has stunted your ability to produce original thoughts.[/quote]

why would i not take advantage.. i saw this deal on 2 other sites not just this one. So many other people are doing the same thing. As for the creatine comment. I dont use plain old creatine since only 1-2% is absorbed by the body i prefer ethyl ester and kre-alkalyn. :hot:

[quote name='proteinfreak']why would i not take advantage.. i saw this deal on 2 other sites not just this one. So many other people are doing the same thing. As for the creatine comment. I dont use plain old creatine since only 1-2% is absorbed by the body i prefer ethyl ester and kre-alkalyn. :hot:[/quote]

You ended up with nothing in the end but maybe you could have had a few orders filled if you weren't so obvious about it. 11 orders? The FS people aren't that stupid. >.>

Just got an email stating my BD/Giftcard would not be shipped. They don't state anyhting about cancelling the rest of my order or anything however. It is still present in the system. I'll wait to see if they cancel it (which they probably will) before I go out and buy Bully.

Heh, they gave me a 5% off ecode.

Huge Thanks to OP!

Got 2 successful ISPU, fingers crossed for 3 shipped orders (Bully, Brawl, and DVD box set).

MEGA Thanks to everybody for NOT posting this on RFD. It is a once in a lifetime deal, and it's good that it was kept, mostly, under the radar.

[quote name='darkandlong']Just got an email stating my BD/Giftcard would not be shipped. They don't state anyhting about cancelling the rest of my order or anything however. It is still present in the system. I'll wait to see if they cancel it (which they probably will) before I go out and buy Bully.

Heh, they gave me a 5% off ecode.[/quote]

Exact same thing for me. Looked at my orders online, and they are still active. Doubt they will work, but it was fun anyways.

3 of my orders got shipped. mario galaxy, assassins creed ps3 and a 2000 wii points card. shipping costs is a bitch, but it got me to around 65$ for the 3 things.

thanks futureshop. and thanks op

My 1400 point card shipped yesterday, hopefully I still get that :D
Other 3 are in processing, so I doubt they'll ship.
Oh well, I scored a 1400 points card for about $9, so I can't complain!

Picked up 3 orders out of 8 that were "filled." One store cancelled ALL my orders, the other didn't, so I walked up with 3 total. 200$ worth of games fir 60$ total :D

Thanks OP!!!! Best deal I've had on these forums yet.

[quote name='maigoyume']did you receive a shipping confirmation email or just an order processed one?[/quote]

i had 5 orders in total. 3 of them have a shipping confirmation. 2 of them are simply processessed. hope they pass through, a 4gb sd card for 13 and a 4gb usb drive for 20.

Heh, I saw this deal earlier but I felt bad taking advantage of an internal glitch/mistake like that...

i got the dreaded "Your recent visit to Futureshop.ca" email with the 5% off code.

i really hope my MLB 08: The Show gets shipped...that's the only order i really WANT.

the free Sony Ericsson speakers and the $4 Logitech Wireless Desktop were just bonuses. :D

they both shipped though, maybe because MLB 08 The Show's sold out right now. Hope I'm not asking for too much.

EDIT: damn, 'shipment cancelled'. No go...

They canceled all my orders. Disappointment total. :(

I would love to know what their criteria was for deciding which orders to cancel and which orders to ship.

I received the email also, but after I received it one of my orders actually went through o_O and all the blu-ray disks were cancelled so the ones before had the blu-ray disk price deducted (making it a much sweeter deal)

[quote name='Faytz']I received the email also, but after I received it one of my orders actually went through o_O and all the blu-ray disks were cancelled so the ones before had the blu-ray disk price deducted (making it a much sweeter deal)[/quote]

Same here, both pre-order orders were canned, but instock order slipped through sans Blu-Ray!

Also, the promo code they sent doesn't work.

[quote name='trippingmartian']They canceled all my orders. Disappointment total. :(
[/quote]

Same for me. 5 orders, all canceled.

Haven't received my 1st delivery order yet. I guess Canada Post is afraid of a little snow :roll:
My other order is a game preorder and should ship today or tomorrow.
According to my tracking number, my first order should have been delivered yesterday.

Sweet! Thanks to the Blu-Ray NOT shipping, I got a 1400 points card for 2.25!!!!
Thanks OP!
Strangely enough, of the 3 other orders, 2 have been cancelled and the one with Patapon is still processing...

If your order status was "shipped" before they cancelled it, you might still get it. I did! Two DS games and a points card for $35 and now I don't have to pay for the BD-Rs :D

Just received my orders through the mail. I got Patapon, Wipeout Pulse, and a 2GB micro SD card today! Very happy with this deal~! Thank you OP for posting this deal. I went with the seperate shipping method, so I'll get my Blu-Ray discs later on. But now that I have want I really wanted I wonder if I can cancel the Blu-Ray BD-RE discs. Anyone know if I can cancel the rest of my orders over the phone without any penalties? Thx ahead~!

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Just received my orders through the mail. I got Patapon, Wipeout Pulse, and a 2GB micro SD card today! Very happy with this deal~! Thank you OP for posting this deal. I went with the seperate shipping method, so I'll get my Blu-Ray discs later on. But now that I have want I really wanted I wonder if I can cancel the Blu-Ray BD-RE discs. Anyone know if I can cancel the rest of my orders over the phone without any penalties? Thx ahead~![/quote]

I think they have already cancelled them... for all the others I have shipped the blue ray disk has already been cancelled, you should try checking on the future shop website.

Army of Two status changed from preorder to out of stock. Today is the release date. Shouldn't they be shipping preorders a day early so we get them on release day?

all my stuff got through! just received assassin creed ps3 and mario galaxy from my mailman! thanks again to OP for the quick thinking/posting.

now i just need to find a darn way to cancel my blurays...

Sweet! Michael Clayton and a 1400 Points Card was cancelled, but I got PATAPON+Blu-RAy disc today!

That makes Patapon, a 1400 point live card AND a Blu-Ray disc for $8.00!
THANKS OP!

bread's done
Back