Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bacun']When do tickets expire?I never knew this went to club bing after club live and have 10k tickets that expired which really is nothing but its still 10 days worth of caps[/QUOTE]
The tickets are expired from accounts that are idle for more than 180 days (6 months). In order for an account to be considered 'active' it must somehow affect the number of tickets in the account. So, play a quick game of Banana, or donate a ticket to charity, etc. Simply logging into your Club Bing account (i.e. checking your ticket balance) does NOT qualify as account activity.

[quote name='velvet396']is this worth spending time on at this point - if I haven't done it before at all?[/QUOTE]
I had a couple accounts get caught up in the April/May 2010 mass flagging, but have been fine since. And, it would appear that most of the cheaters gave up on Club Bing (not nearly as easy to abuse any more), so the prize seem to be staying there much longer than they used to. I created the ProBing Blog so that people could get TXT/email notifications when new prizes showed up -- so we could order them before they were taken down, which would sometimes happen on the same day. But now that prizes are up for months at a time, I am debating if the blog/notifier is even necessary any more (down to about 25% of the subscribers and about 10% of the hits it used to get before Apr/May).

Basically, if you don't violate the ToS, you will most likely get the prizes you order. However, using any means to automate the games, or having more than one account may end up getting your account(s) flagged.

[quote name='A Gamer']But now that prizes are up for months at a time, I am debating if the blog/notifier is even necessary any more (down to about 25% of the subscribers and about 10% of the hits it used to get before Apr/May).[/QUOTE]
Bit of a lurker here, but I can tell you that I check your blog quite frequently, every other day or so. It's superbly helpful: a quick look to see if anything new is added vs. wading through all the items on the prize list (and wondering if one's new or my memory fails me again) -- fits into the gap before work a whole lot better :)

On a slightly related note, anyone else receive a Clubbing e-mail on Friday with "Featured Prizes" that aren't on the prize list? A convertible air mattress (16.5k), shower mirror (6.6k), and silicone oven mitt (3.35k). Wish they'd hurry up... would like to order a couple of those :bouncy:

[quote name='99greenballoons']Bit of a lurker here, but I can tell you that I check your blog quite frequently, every other day or so. It's superbly helpful: a quick look to see if anything new is added vs. wading through all the items on the prize list (and wondering if one's new or my memory fails me again) -- fits into the gap before work a whole lot better :)[/quote]
Maybe I will just disable the Notifier and leave the rest of the site running? AOL has already blocked my server completely as it deemed it as generating SPAM... Meh. Who uses AOL any more anyway? :whistle2:#

[quote name='99greenballoons']On a slightly related note, anyone else receive a Clubbing e-mail on Friday with "Featured Prizes" that aren't on the prize list? A convertible air mattress (16.5k), shower mirror (6.6k), and silicone oven mitt (3.35k). Wish they'd hurry up... would like to order a couple of those :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I got that... And panicked just a little bit... Thought my site was broken... Manually checked the Club Bing pages and was relieved to find none of those prizes were actually there yet... Whew!

Prizes Recently Added:

CB_OXOMITT_sm.png
CB_ZADROMIRROR_sm.png
CB_AEROSOFA_sm.png
CB_YAMAHAKEYBOARD_sm.png

- OXO Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet: 3,350 Tickets
- Zadro Fog-Less Shower Mirror: 6,600 Tickets
- Aerobed Convertible Sofabed: 16,500 Tickets
- Yamaha Portable Keyboard: 25,250 Tickets (VIP Only)
Prize Updates brought to you by the ProBingBot...
Get your own AUTOMATIC notifications at The ProBing Blog.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']This is pretty amazing, ordered another 100 points this morning, 3 hours later I got the code. Quite a discrepancy from waiting two weeks.[/QUOTE]
[snicker] Uh... Club Bing does not have any points... And, they surely don't ship in under a month... [/snicker]

I think you meant to post over in this thread... :whistle2:#

[quote name='A Gamer'][snicker] Uh... Club Bing does not have any points... And, they surely don't ship in under a month... [/snicker]

I think you meant to post over in this thread... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

LOL Bing Rewards, but he's right, I redeemed my points and got them within a day or two.

I just registered on club bing, thinking these games were easy, I'm probably just worse than most at word games but I do okay in the crosswire game. But for free stuff it's not too bad I guess.

Got my Neoprene case today. Smaller than I thought it would be. Oh well. Maybe I'll throw my Zune in there. It's too small for most other things.

So.................. Anyone else really wanting that Chicktionary hen?
On a side note. Did someone receive the Sony w330 after the flagging-accounts mess? Is it any good? I want a cheap camera, nothing really fancy.

Order Ninja Blade on Oct, 9th. How long does it usually take for you guys to get a shipping confirmation? Especially since Ninja Blade was 6000 something tickets. This is my first Club Bing account and order as well.

I remember this I ordered Ninja Blade and The Hangover on DVD back in August and I never got my prizes yet X_X looks like bing is gonna be getting another e-mail from me soon about order inquieries

[quote name='lunasicc']How long should one usually wait? A month or two?[/QUOTE]
They usually ship 28-to-32 calendar days from when you placed your order.

Some prizes will ship a bit later. For example, the 'voted' prizes will often start to ship roughly 2 months from when they first are listed, but then catch up to the 28-to-32 day period after they have been listed fro about a month.

If your prizes does not ship in that window, it does not mean that your account was flagged. But, you will have have to wait for the full "8 to 12 week period" to pass before they will look into your missing order(s). Sending them a support request prior to that period ending will only result in a canned message telling you to wait 8 to 12 weeks.

EDIT: for an order placed 10/09, I would expect it to ship between 11/07 and 11/10. Then you will have to add the transit time, which is UPS Ground from Louisville KY, which could take an additional 5 business days if you live on the west coast.

[quote name='A Gamer']They usually ship 28-to-32 calendar days from when you placed your order.

Some prizes will ship a bit later. For example, the 'voted' prizes will often start to ship roughly 2 months from when they first are listed, but then catch up to the 28-to-32 day period after they have been listed fro about a month.

If your prizes does not ship in that window, it does not mean that your account was flagged. But, you will have have to wait for the full "8 to 12 week period" to pass before they will look into your missing order(s). Sending them a support request prior to that period ending will only result in a canned message telling you to wait 8 to 12 weeks.

EDIT: for an order placed 10/09, I would expect it to ship between 11/07 and 11/10. Then you will have to add the transit time, which is UPS Ground from Louisville KY, which could take an additional 5 business days if you live on the west coast.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it!

Got my shipping email for the Bose headphones...shweet. Also a side note to A Gamer: the probingblog does come in handy. It's a lot easier to check it for new stuff than scanning the whole prize section on club bing. And I'm not against clicking on an ad now and again to help support the cause.

Is there anyway to see if my account is flagged? I last ordered stuff way back in 2007, it never came.

When a user account triggers any of these criteria, Club Bing cancels any prize orders and discontinues ticket accruals for the account.
So if I was able to get those points yesterday, it means I'm ok?

Not sure where that quote comes from, but they do NOT discontinue the ticket accrual on accounts.

There is no way to tell if an account is flagged. You will continue to accrue tickets, even on Double Ticket Days. You can continue to place orders and donations normally. You will continue to get (or not get) the newsletter, order confirmation emails, etc. The ONLY way to tell that you got flagged is order something, wait 12 weeks and email them inquiring about your prize that didn't ship. Then, and only then, will you know for sure... Because at that point you will get the 'you cheated' email indicating that your account was indeed flagged.

Why bother? Order whatever it is that you want.

If the account is flagged, you won't get anything anyway, regardless of if you order a pack of cards first. If it isn't flagged, you save yourself waiting a month just to find out.

Now, if you don't have the tickets to order anything, yet, and you are wondering whether or not to just abandon the account or to continue playing the games, then yes, order the cards, and keep playing. If you don't get the cards in a month, then you know the account is probably flagged, and move on. However, if you do get the cards, then you should be able to order a 30k+ prize, having max'd out the account daily while waiting for the cards to arrive.

as far as the w-9 600 dollar limit is concerned , is it based on the date you ordered the item, or the date you get a shipping confirmation?

The date you place the order(s). So, on Jan 01 the tally is reset and you can start ordering on accounts that would have otherwise hit the $600 barrier, regardless as to whether or not the prize have shipped (or even if your account is flagged).

Imagine that... Getting a 1099 for prizes that they never shipped you... Ugh!

I don't remember it ever being voted on. It was one of the older prizes that went away for a long time and mysteriously showed up again, presumably after cleaning out the warehouse for returned prizes. It's a really nice set, I have one and used it last night. Along with my Zune, the best prize I've gotten so far.

Wanted to see how long it took those that got the MS points. Ordered about 300 points back on the 14, and I thought it was about a 2 week turn around time.

[quote name='A Gamer']
Imagine that... Getting a 1099 for prizes that they never shipped you... Ugh![/QUOTE]

I wouldnt think the IRS would take to lightly to a company sending in a 1099 for earnings they didnt receive.

Just ordered ODST after not having bothered to earn tickets for a while. Going back to this after a break is like getting teeth pulled without anesthetic.

Hopefully ODST doesn't get held up in order processing hell for three months like my 250GB external HDD did.

I've never bothered to do the math, so posting here first in case someone has already calculated it. If you compare the tickets required for an item to the approximate retail price, do all the prizes tend to have the same ticket-to-dollar ratio, or at least a close average?

If nobody's done the calculations, I'll probably get around to doing it myself at some point with the current list of prizes and will post back here.

I am fairly certain someone did the math somewhere. Some prizes are way over ticketed, and others way under. Back in the day people were mass-ordering Vista and Office and flipping them. Next most popular item were the controllers. Highest profit and easy to flip.

Also, there has been a steady inflation of prize value, so if you do find an old list, you may find that some of those ticket values have changed.

The real problem is that you can only order one per account, and many of the prizes simply are not easy to resell (Bing branded prizes are all 'open box' since they were opened to get branded). As far as flipping goes, the Microsoft stuff is usually the best bet, because that will be sealed/new in box. But, they are putting 'security' stickers over the UPC, so removing the stickers can be tricky.

And, if you aren't planning on flipping the prize, then just order what you actually want to use, and hope that it actually comes.

I just got a shipping email for the GE/SANYO Eneloop Batterie Recharger. It is being delieverd by UPS and was ordered on 10/7/2010. Should be here tomorrow.

If they stay true to form, and there's really no reason for them not to, they should be adding a few new prizes this week. It's starting to get bloated in there, I wonder if they'll just take a few down to make people use their tickets? Either way, I'm sitting on a bunch that I'd love to burn, but the possibility of something better the next month keeps me holding out.

Prizes Recently Added:

CB_BAMBOOSET_sm.png
CB_LEGOBRICKBOX_sm.png
CB_BOOK38THEKIDS_sm.png
CB_LUGBLANKETSET_sm.png
CB_OXOSCALE_sm.png
CB_AEROTODDLERMAT_sm.png
CB_BOOK32THEGIRL_sm.png
CB_POWERSTICK_sm.png
MichaelKorsAcrylicWatchCatalog_sm.png
CB_KODAKPOCKVIDEO_sm.png
CB_DIAMONDSTUDS_sm.png
CB_CALPHALONPOT_sm.png

- Bamboo Kitchen Utensil Set: 3,550 Tickets
- Lego Brick Box: 3,850 Tickets
- Wiliams-Sonoma, The Kid's Cookbook: 3,900 Tickets
- LUG Blanket & Pillow Set: 5,000 Tickets
- OXO Good Grips 5lb Food Scale: 5,250 Tickets
- Aerobed Toddler Air Mattress: 12,650 Tickets
- Trilogy by Stieg Larsson: 12,650 Tickets
- The Powerstickâ„¢: 14,850 Tickets
- Michael Kors Acrylic Watch: 27,950 Tickets
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera: 28,750 Tickets
- Diamond Earring Mount Studs: 38,350 Tickets
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-Piece Set: 56,850 Tickets

[quote name='A Gamer']...they are putting 'security' stickers over the UPC, so removing the stickers can be tricky.[/QUOTE]

Heat 'em with a hair dryer, they peel right off.:applause:

Whoooo... ordered PGR4. Hopefully it and ODST will arrive next month. Tempted to torture myself some more for Fable 2 and Forza 2 but I think I need a break from the monotony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double ticket day announced for 11/18.

I should have enough tickets to order that Kodak Zi8 tomorrow. That'll make for a nice early Christmas gift.

[quote name='RAY16']A lot of double ticket days lately. Participation in the program must be at an all-time low.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't surprise me. I haven't played in months. Still need a good reason to empty my accounts, but all the prizes are worthless IMO.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Wouldn't surprise me. I haven't played in months. Still need a good reason to empty my accounts, but all the prizes are worthless IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad :)

I still check this thread every once in a while after I lost my account with 60k tickets in it in the "purge" even though I don't play anymore; call it morbid curiosity.

I still consider myself lucky that I got the Xbox that I originally started playing the game for before they decided they didn't like how I was playing for some reason.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Wouldn't surprise me. I haven't played in months. Still need a good reason to empty my accounts, but all the prizes are worthless IMO.[/QUOTE]

Make sure to play every once in a while because I believe your points will expire after a certain point.

Prizes Recently Added:

CB_LEGOPIRATCODE_sm.png
CB_BUILTLAPSLEEVE_sm.png
CB_PROFDEEPFRYER_sm.png
CB_ORECKSILVVACCU_sm.png

- LEGO: Pirate Code Game: 4,600 Tickets
- Built NY Laptop Envelope: 7,300 Tickets
- Professional Deep Fryer: 28,050 Tickets
- Oreck XL Silver Series Vacuum: 57,950 Tickets (VIP Only)

I ordered the camera on 8/27 and i never received a shipping e-mail. I plan on e-mailing them (even though i dont expect them to do anything), should i wait until the 12 weeks are up on 11/27, or just go ahead and e-mail them now?

If you email them before the 3 months passed (it doesn't matter if you're ONE day short) you will get an automated response telling you to wait until that time.

Ordered Ninja Blade for the 360 on Oct 9th and finally got it today (Nov 16). Didn't think I was getting anything considering I never got the e-mail about the shipment.

Now aiming for Scene It! for the 360!!

Just placed my order for that Kodak Zi8. Double ticket day will mean that I'll have tickets in a few days to grab a smaller prize, too.

It seems I'll be moving at the end of December. I hope I get the usual ~30-day turn around on my two games (should be Dec 6th for one, 14th for the other), otherwise I might not be here to accept them...¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back