[DEAD] Gamestop.com 10-30% off select titles + $10 Coupon Code

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
BE AWARE: The coupon codes you will receive WILL NOT STACK with themselves or any other discounts! (Thanks ChineseRcool, illenium, atc250es)

These are games that come with a coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com. This deal works when you buy NEW games only.

Pre-order games with coupons:
[FONT=&quot]Red Dead Redemption[/FONT] (Use code DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 Coupon Code
[FONT=&quot]UFC Undisputed 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360[/FONT]

Current Codes: MOMSDAY - receive free 2-day shipping with purchase of $65 or more worth of in-stock merchandise. Then receive a coupon worth $20 off your next purchase at GameStop.com! ($20 coupon will be emailed within 1 business day). Be sure to choose USA 2-day shipping at checkout.
(thanks to joen05 and his thread here)

FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?

A: No they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: Can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Cool but can I go to the store and do this?
A: NO, no you can't. It's online only.

Q: Do I get a coupon code if I order a used copy of a game?
A: No. Only for new games.

Q: When Do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to be taking around 48-72 hours before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't gotten it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: Can I order multiple games and receive multiple coupon codes?
A: Yes. You can order more than one game and you'll get more than one coupon code. You can order multiple copies of the same game and you'll still receive multiple coupon codes. Just remember that those multiple coupon codes will need to be used on multiple future orders since they don't stack.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='autopiloton']I had to do it,

:ps3: Red Dead Redemption
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition

$110 with tax[/QUOTE]

got the same thing except rdr for xbox, sweet deal

[quote name='Xdt-Inferno']i just answered your post in the 'price still dropping' thread, lol. No, Used dont count towards the promotion. I emailed a customer service rep yesterday concerning this and she confirmed that its only for New condition.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i figured i would post on both, cause i often post a question and it just gets ignored :D.

[quote name='Dtrain12']So what is the cheapest price possible as of now that u can buy red dead redemption for?[/QUOTE]

fyi, the code for $10 off future purchase might have expired 4/27. that's the info that appeared in my cart anyway. i checked with gamestop and was told the deal is good indefinitely, so take it on faith i guess.

otherwise, if not taking advantage of that and the $25 off $100 purchase, i believe the current best deal is amazon or walmart's $20 gift card with purchase ($59.99 and $59.00, respectively).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrEKO73']So I ordered Demon's Souls- does the $10off code come with the package or do they email it to you?[/QUOTE]

Right on the Demon's Souls page:
Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Demon's Souls. The $10 coupon code will be emailed within 24 hours of order shipment. Online Offer only. Not valid on used games.

Finally a good deal that I can use a gift card I had since X-mas, especially with the 25OFF.

Snagged NSMB Wii(never cheap except when its B2G1), Mass Effect 2 (have to buy new) and L4D1 (as a filler). $58 total after tax + GC.

With the 2 $10 offs on the way, I may get SBCGFAP for free.

[quote name='Dtrain12']So what is the cheapest price possible as of now that u can buy red dead redemption for?[/QUOTE]
2xRogue Warriors bought from Family Video traded into BBV. The total is about $34+tax on release day. :p

Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Demon's Souls. The $10 coupon code will be emailed within 24 hours of order shipment. Online Offer only. Not valid on used games.
Whoa, did they change it? The $10 coupon DOTD a while back worked with used games.

has anyone been able to order a 1600 microsoft point card with a $10 off coupon? When i add it to my cart it doesnt take the $10 off so im guessing the codes dont take anything off of point cards.

So, the $10 coupon...

- Doesn't stack with itself or other coupons
- Doesn't work on used games
- Can't be used to purchase points etc

So, its basically the equivalent of a one time use 15% coupon on a new game? And I suppose its value goes up if you use it on cheaper stuff.

After the grip of games I just picked up, I dunno if I'll ever be able to make use of those $10 coupons.

-

i had ordered 2 copies of lbp when the were giving the 10$ codes for it and i never recieved my codes, i called cust service and he said that they dont offer a code with that game, i told him "no not anymore but you did when i placed my order" he gave me one code in the end but he didnt believe me. you would think they would have a way to track which games they were offering codes on

[quote name='bredbu']i had ordered 2 copies of lbp when the were giving the 10$ codes for it and i never recieved my codes, i called cust service and he said that they dont offer a code with that game, i told him "no not anymore but you did when i placed my order" he gave me one code in the end but he didnt believe me. you would think they would have a way to track which games they were offering codes on[/QUOTE]

That is why I'd rather go through Amazon. They have never let me down while its seems like every time you do some sort of promotion with Gamestop there is an issue like this.

By the way, does anyone know why Gamestop.com would cancel you order for no reason? I ordered a used game using only the standard CAG16 code (nothing else) and they cancelled it a few days later. However, the game is still in stock! This type of BS means I'll go with Amazon over them any day when it comes to these deals.

well i finally went through with this deal through Gamestop, I wanted to go through amazon but the 25OFF was too good of a deal, came out to average like 30 bucks a game

Picked up

MW2 (PS3)
Bioshock 2 (360)
Demon Souls

[quote name='gunstar808']So, the $10 coupon...

- Doesn't stack with itself or other coupons
- Doesn't work on used games
- Can't be used to purchase points etc

So, its basically the equivalent of a one time use 15% coupon on a new game? And I suppose its value goes up if you use it on cheaper stuff.

After the grip of games I just picked up, I dunno if I'll ever be able to make use of those $10 coupons.[/QUOTE]
I plan on using it on an older $20 or less new game, otherwise like you said it's not worth more than a normal coupon. Maybe Zack & Wicki when it comes back in stock.

This is complete bullshit. The codes now don't work with used games. Is it confirmed that they don't work with points cards? How about accessories? I knew it would be too good be true with gamestop. Any chance of them changing this if enough of us complain?

(I now have 4 $10 codes, and more useless ones on the way later with pre-orders on UFC, SMG2, and RDR.)

[quote name='JDMoney']This is complete bullshit. The codes now don't work with used games. Is it confirmed that they don't work with points cards? How about accessories? I knew it would be too good be true with gamestop. Any chance of them changing this if enough of us complain?

(I now have 4 $10 codes, and more useless ones on the way later with pre-orders on UFC, SMG2, and RDR.)[/QUOTE]

Well on the pre-orders it still doesn't show their retarded update of it not working on used games. I canceled anyway for SMG2 and RDR just because I see GS still sucks and I dont trust em.

It really pisses me off that they change it in the middle of the "deal". Great way to run a business.

[quote name='marineal']thank god i bought my stuff from amazon[/QUOTE]

Here here!!! This is why I never try to do business with Gamestop, even if I could be saving $1-2, they always have some problem underneath.

I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass that the coupons don't stack, but they last for 2 years. You'll likely buy more than 1 game in the next two years, so what's the difference if the savings are on one game or spread out over a few? I'm getting back 40 dollars worth of coupons and saved 25% on my order (RDR, SMG2, Uncharted 2). Now when the time comes to get NHL11 or some other game that I'll want at launch but don't want to pay full price for I can use one of the coupons.

I mean yeah, Ideally I'd use Amazon as they have better customer service, but even with the restrictions on the coupons this is a pretty terrific deal.

[quote name='RussellmaniaKW']I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass that the coupons don't stack, but they last for 2 years. You'll likely buy more than 1 game in the next two years, so what's the difference if the savings are on one game or spread out over a few? I'm getting back 40 dollars worth of coupons and saved 25% on my order (RDR, SMG2, Uncharted 2). Now when the time comes to get NHL11 or some other game that I'll want at launch but don't want to pay full price for I can use one of the coupons.

I mean yeah, Ideally I'd use Amazon as they have better customer service, but even with the restrictions on the coupons this is a pretty terrific deal.[/QUOTE]

Well like I said they changed it mid deal which is what pisses me off.

Other than that though I have to buy a new game now to use it, which makes it nearly worthless to me. I can almost always get new games for at least $3 cheaper at Amazon and not pay tax, plus get many of them on release day with Prime. Plus the credits stack at Amazon. The only reason there's anything good at gamestop now (for me anyway) is the 25OFF code. Even then I'd rather give my money to a better business.

I think all of you are totally misreading the new used sentence. My strong hunch is that it refers to the fact that you do not get the coupon when you order a used copy of a game. All of my coupons, including those that I received today, work just fine on used titles.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well like I said they changed it mid deal which is what pisses me off.

Other than that though I have to buy a new game now to use it, which makes it nearly worthless to me. I can almost always get new games for at least $3 cheaper at Amazon and not pay tax, plus get many of them on release day with Prime.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a valid point about the tax. Hadn't thought about that. With tax and Amazon's typical 3-5 dollars off anyway it's almost a wash with one of the 10 dollar coupons.

Regarding the 25OFF deal...I ordered 3 games...one is in stock and about to ship and the other two are pre-orders...If I cancel the two pre-orders now, will the 25% off the other game still stand?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I think all of you are totally misreading the new used sentence. My strong hunch is that it refers to the fact that you do not get the coupon when you order a used copy of a game. All of my coupons, including those that I received today, work just fine on used titles.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried mine yet, but I bet you are right. They make WAY more profits on used games than on new. In fact I am surprised they have had all these deals on new games. It is not like them.

For those who have these codes, and are verifying that they do work on used games, can you also confirm if they work with any of the current 20USED or 25OFF codes? What about Edge?

i just wish i would get my codes i talked to a csr and he said he would email me one but still nothing!!!! did anybody get 2 codes from 1 order he told me i can not get 2 codes for ordering 2 copies of lbp goty

[quote name='bficky']For those who have these codes, and are verifying that they do work on used games, can you also confirm if they work with any of the current 20USED or 25OFF codes? What about Edge?[/QUOTE]

I verified that they work with used games and does stack with Edge. I Cannot get it to stack with 20USED or 25OFF.

[quote name='bredbu']i just wish i would get my codes i talked to a csr and he said he would email me one but still nothing!!!! did anybody get 2 codes from 1 order he told me i can not get 2 codes for ordering 2 copies of lbp goty[/QUOTE]

I got 3 codes for one order, but it was 3 different games and not multiple copies like yours. The codes came 24 hours after the your items have shipped email. I got a bit worried myself.

[quote name='GamingGator']I got 3 codes for one order, but it was 3 different games and not multiple copies like yours. The codes came 24 hours after the your items have shipped email. I got a bit worried myself.[/QUOTE]

k so i could get multiple codes from one order, has anybody gotten multiple codes in one order for ordering 2 of the same game?

I feel stupid too if thats what they intended it to mean. They really should reword it. Does the coupon stack with cag16 on the used games?

When I put in the CAG16 code it removed the $10 coupon. Overall I do not like these codes. You save a couple bucks, if that, by using the $10 code as opposed to the 20USED or 25OFF codes. Way too many restrictions. I think Ill stick with Amazon as well.

EDIT: It stacked with the 20USED if you put multiple used games in. It takes the $10 off a single used game, allowing any other used games thereafter to use the 20USED. - hope that made sense.

Just got my weekend sale email from GS ... SupCmdr2 for 360 drops to $39.99 and for PC drops to $29.99 ... making the PC version only $22.49, but it's also a "retail CD key" title you can load into Steam, making it more attractive to toss the disc.

[quote name='marineal']thank god i bought my stuff from amazon[/QUOTE]

Why? You spent more money even before the $10 codes. How is that a good thing?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I'm guessing there's a free shipping code somewhere? also has anyone has has already received their coupon code (from whatever game) used it? I want to know if the coupon codes are good for point cards or something (plus free shipping?) that can easily be traded.[/QUOTE]

You don't need a free shipping code. Orders over $25 automatically get free shipping (I've even been getting free UPS Ground on my latest orders for whatever reason).

Is supreme commander 2 a permanent drop? The way its worded on the website leads me to believe it is.

I'd probably go for that but I think it has activation. Oh well, I bought but still haven't played the original :lol:

For preorders from GS's website, when do they charge my credit card? Now or at the time of shipment? I've only preordered in stores before.

it's dying! all three games i wanted are off the list. I checked their actual pages and it seems the sale prices are still there

edit: Demon's Souls price is back up

Oh crap ... it's going away ... nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bioshock 2 back to $60 (new). Someone's definitely editing the site right now. :whistle2:(

Haa haa, It is a little comical that Gamestop will every once in awhile run a very nice promo, they get absolutely flooded with orders, then before the promo is over, they're like, -www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkBuKQEkio#t=3m43s-, and next thing you know, promo's over and pricing and everything else is goofy.

I just used one of my coupons on a used copy of Brutal Legend. I couldn't get free shipping, but 10AUTO stacked, and when I entered SAVER, instead of giving me free shipping, it gave me another 10% off as an Edge card discount, and I don't even have an Edge card. Weird. All in all it cost $8.01 after the code, so I'm fine with that.

First post.

Dammit, this deal is wiping me clean of money. Bought a second copy of Uncharted 2 to play online with my gf, SMG2, and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker CE as a filler for 25off. 119.xx total.

Wow, there are so many deals disappearing.

Wow, I ended up getting a free code. I didn't get a code with Demon's Souls in the order I placed a couple days ago. Got one for Monster Hunter, but not DS. So I called customer service about an hour ago about it, and the guy gave me a code, albeit reluctantly. Well, just now, I got another email containing what I assume to be the code for DS.

Not that it's any kind of megaton deal since they can't stack with each other, but still. It's always fun to pull one over on Gamestop.

bread's done
Back