(DEAD) Saints Row IV Xbox 360 $12.99 ($7 GCU) at BestBuy.com

cashgunschaos

CAGiversary!
Link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/saints-row-iv-xbox-360/8843052.p?id=1218911751829&skuId=8843052&st=Saints%20row%20iv&lp=3&cp=1

Or 2 for $20... Once you buy, it seems that the coupon is used up. Looks like a sale/price error combo so prob won't last long.

If you do not have a GCU account you can sign up for free. EDIT: free account will NOT take additional 20% off, so people have reported it showing as $12.99 for the free account. Still a great price!

Jump on this fast, will be sold out or fixed by tomorrow morning for sure! Edit: maybe not? Lol

(Not bad for my first Topic Post ever, right ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be in for a copy if this was a PS3 version, but I see no point in buying a game I can't play :wall: Maybe next time.

This.... this tears it. From now on, any Gamestop deal I post will automatically factor in PUR pricing. Any Target deal will automatically factor in the discount for using that horrid Target Credit Card. Any Kmart price will factor in SYR price. So on and so fourth. I figure if everybody else pulls this shit for Best Buy I might as well do it for the memberships I have.
The title clearly lists that GCU is involved....get the sand out of your vagina. Lol.

The title clearly lists that GCU is involved....get the sand out of your vagina. Lol.
Ha ha ha, you are SO witty........

Posting the $7 price is a problem, and IMO something that needs to be addressed in the rules or something. When you post a price, it should be the standard price. I don't see a problem with posting the $13 price in the subject, because the coupon is free for everybody to use. But when you start assuming everyone on this site has that paid GCU membership, and post the $7 price...... that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Like I said, I have a PUR membership, so maybe I should just start assuming everyone on this site can take advantage of PUR pricing and birthday coupons in any Gamestop deal I post. Why bother posting the standard deal? At least with PUR the discounts aren't (always) so easy to calculate, but like I said a chimp can calculate 20% of a price.

Far be it from me to tell anybody how the site shall be run or anything, I'm just saying it's a major annoyance, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way. It'd be nice if people would quit assuming that everybody has access to the same paid memberships they do. Somebody browsing quickly, or a newbie unfamiliar with GCU (remember, they have a free membership too) could very easily mistake that $7 as a standard price he'd get it for, when in reality it looks like it's closer to $12 or $13. For all anybody here knows, somebody may have wasted gas/time taking a trip to the local Best Buy expecting that $7 game. And for what, because OP just HAD to incorporate GCU pricing into the header?

Last edited:
It takes 5 seconds to open the thread, read it, and find out if it's for you or not.  If someone wastes gas before reading the first post in a thread, it's pretty well deserved.  

I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong to make assumptions in the thread title...but it's also not hard to read the 1st post.

Posting the $7 price is a problem, and IMO something that needs to be addressed in the rules or something. When you post a price, it should be the standard price. I don't see a problem with posting the $13 price in the subject, because the coupon is free for everybody to use. But when you start assuming everyone on this site has that paid GCU membership, and post the $7 price...... that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Like I said, I have a PUR membership, so maybe I should just start assuming everyone on this site can take advantage of PUR pricing and birthday coupons in any Gamestop deal I post. Why bother posting the standard deal? At least with PUR the discounts aren't (always) so easy to calculate, but like I said a chimp can calculate 20% of a price.

Far be it from me to tell anybody how the site shall be run or anything, I'm just saying it's a major annoyance, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way. It'd be nice if people would quit assuming that everybody has access to the same paid memberships they do. Somebody browsing quickly, or a newbie unfamiliar with GCU (remember, they have a free membership too) could very easily mistake that $7 as a standard price he'd get it for, when in reality it looks like it's closer to $12 or $13. For all anybody here knows, somebody may have wasted gas/time taking a trip to the local Best Buy expecting that $7 game. And for what, because OP just HAD to incorporate GCU pricing into the header?
It's $7 WITH GCU... Are you mad at Mcdonalds when they say something's 2-for-1 WITH a coupon? I mean... Really, there are so many better things to get pissed at in this world...

It takes 5 seconds to open the thread, read it, and find out if it's for you or not. If someone wastes gas before reading the first post in a thread, it's pretty well deserved.

I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong to make assumptions in the thread title...but it's also not hard to read the 1st post.
Fine, then you would have no problem with me just posting the PUR pricing in the headers of any Gamestop deal from now on..... good to know. Seriously, I wouldn't do that, but it's the same thing. Anyways, it also takes 5 seconds to move the decimal to the left one space, double a price, and calculate your discount. It's not rocket science.

And you completely ignored my comment on newbies. They have a free GC membership too, they've had it forever. Somebody who may not browse on a regular basis could easily get screwed up. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'd like to think I'm not a complete idiot, and I've gotten messed up more than once on other sites with crap like that so it does happen.

It's $7 WITH GCU... Are you mad at Mcdonalds when they say something's 2-for-1 WITH a coupon? I mean... Really, there are so many better things to get pissed at in this world...
I can't think of a single commercial I've ever seen where a coupon was required to take advantage of a sale. The closest I can think of is something like Bi-Lo's membership discounts, and IIRC that's free too, so no.

On the other hand, if Best Buy started advertising all their new releases at $48 in the paper because they just assumed everyone had GCU, yes, I would have a problem with that and simply quit bothering to check their ad every week.

Last edited:

As long as you say "PUR" in title I don't see the problem, As a GCU member I would have to go out of my way to find the non-GCU price... Whenever I add something to cart that's what I see.

And I would have passed over a tread title that didn't have the potential GCU price listed on it. With Best Buy, it's not as simple as taking 20% off a new game sale price. Their math is odd. I want to know what I can potentially purchase the game for with my GCU membership.

And I would have passed over a tread title that didn't have the potential GCU price listed on it. With Best Buy, it's not as simple as taking 20% off a new game sale price. Their math is odd. I want to know what I can potentially purchase the game for with my GCU membership.
Fair enough, their math can be screwy at times to the uninitiated. Why not just post the GCU price in the first post, or at least post both prices in the header then? That seems like a fair compromise right?

Last edited:
Fair enough, their math can be screwy at times to the uninitiated. Why not just post the GCU price in the first post, or at least post both prices in the header then? That seems like a fair compromise right?
both prices are in the first post.... And have been... Since this was first posted.

I can't think of a single commercial I've ever seen where a coupon was required to take advantage of a sale. The closest I can think of is something like Bi-Lo's membership discounts, and IIRC that's free too, so no.

............ :wall: Those ARE the coupons. Of course the discounted price is going to be posted on them.

both prices are in the first post.... And have been... Since this was first posted.
But somebody who doesn't click the thread (like somebody browsing on a smartphone) wouldn't see that. That's my point. The subject says $7. They see the $7 price, they go out to Best Buy on their lunchbreak, and end up paying an extra $6 bucks.

Last edited:
Since you aren't a GCU I wouldn't expect you to realize when someone says the prices are screwy, they literally make no sense....

For example, I got rayman legends on vita over the weekend. $29.99 list piece, here are coupons and final price:

$15 off coupon
20% off discount.

I paid $6, $6.42 with tax. Please, figure out that math for me brainchild!

............ :wall: Those ARE the coupons. Of course the discounted price is going to be posted on them.

But somebody who doesn't click the thread (like somebody browsing on a smartphone) wouldn't see that. That's my point. The subject says $7. They see the $7 price, they go out to Best Buy on their lunchbreak, and end up paying an extra $6 bucks.
Man... Those are the same people who don't read the directions on a product, screw it up, then blame the manufacturer... Always read the OP when in doubt. You are seriously defending the person who jumps to conclusions here... I have no sorrow for this person. Not in this situation, it's not warranted,

rcerboss said:

I check the threads often on my smart phone. If you can't be bothered to read the details posted in the thread and show up at the store based on nothing but the heading, that's all on you. Almost every deal that's ever been posted on CAG involved some sort of coupon, membership, YMMV, clearance, low stock, wink from the cashier disclaimer.

C'mon people. Jesus Christ! It's not that hard to read the details. But you're not GCU? Well too bad for you. Everything has a catch these days. I saw the heading, read the details. Already used the coupon for PS3 SRIV on my GCU account. Tried my other free GCU account and could get 360 SRIV for $13 but not worth it cause I have PS3 on the way.

Yes - I do prefer when posters list both prices in the thread title.

It wouldn't let me do an in-store pickup for the $7, but it did let me place two separate shipped orders. In for two flips to Amazon for a whopping $8 extra credit. Here's hoping they don't cancel either or both orders..

Why?  Why am I buying this?!!?  I still haven't played my Saints Row 3 yet, I still haven't played GTA 5!  It's just going to go into a dresser full of sealed backlog games!  I don't need this in any way shape or form!  WHY AM I BUYING THIS!?!?! 

*Looks at the name of the sight again*

...oh yeah forgot where I was for a second there. :lol:

Thanks OP

Totally agree with this. GCU in the title helped me peek in and see what's good with this deal. As for the PUR argument, isn't PUR really only good for pre-owned games? And if there was some great deal like this thread being sold by gamestop, I'm fine with seeing PUR in the title, but the thing is GCU discounts have been MUCH better than any PUR deals I've seen from Gamestop. But if there's one worthy of being posted from GS with PUR then so be it, I'd love to see it too.

done and done. Thank you for the actual helpful advice instead of some random bitching lol.
Although to be honest, if someone hadn't brought up the idea so loudly, his post would've just gotten lost. I actually agreed with his points, though I wasn't as worked up over it.

Thanks for the deal. Just picked mine up! :)

Are people really being butt hurt for pages because they wastes 30 seconds of their life clicking a topic and finding out they don't qualify for it yet still being able to get in on a lesser but still respectable deal?

The 3 title limit seems very unreasonable due to the cost of entry (Most of us only paid $30-$60 though for now). I think Best Buy outside of making money just wants to strike the right balance to make sure everyone that is in the program could get in on a deal. I'm sure the $120 and 3 title limit are probably stopping a good amount of SDers from signing up and resellers that aren't as creative like enuf ;) .

Most of us probably remember the crazy days of @Gamer when the coupons were very good. You keep hearing stories of stores getting wiped out of stock Sunday morning, people stealing coupons from the magazine, uploading scanned copies, no limits were implemented since the coupon UPC code are all the same, and just plain ton of shady stuff. The stock issue got the most complaints on the Best Buy forums where people that paid for the subscription weren't able to get any of the deals due to delayed mailings and resellers wiping stock.

Best Buy most likely learned from that mistake so now we have a high barrier of entry and 3 title limit. Once most of us are done with the promotional 2 years. They will most likely introduce/play with a lower price and a lower limit or vice versa.
For the average cag, I agree the 3 title limit is too strict but for the average gamer, I think the limit to 3 is very fair.

Most people will just want to play a game one time through and be done with it. Most will not carry two platforms from the same gen nor will they care about picking up a title again when it drops down to a clearance price if they beat it a year ago. I'm okay with the 3 title limit since it protects Best Buy in the long run. I'd rather them be around for PS5 and the next Xbox than lose them at the expense of flipping games for a few hundreds of dollars more.

Even for non-harcore CAGs like myself, 3 title limit is plenty sufficient. Never played the same game on two different platforms, I guess my backlog would get to true CAG level if I started doing that.

Hm, I ordered it the other day when it totaled $21.19.. It was shipped and will probably be here today. I'm wondering if I take it back to Best Buy and asked them if I could apply the $20 off coupon to it..would it work?

To OP:

Thank you, in for 1.

To Trolls:

The more you attack posters, the less people post.

If you want the site to benefit you then a little courtesy

will be repaid to you in spades.

bread's done
Back