Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I believe people mentioned yesterday that it WAS working without an override required. But as of later yesterday it was then requiring the override.

Either way, while I got in on the old freebie games, I gotta admit as well that that was a lot of hassle, time and nonsense just to try getting a free game.:roll: I mean, free woulda been nice to get it for, but I'm sure most of us could find $5 worth of use out of it.

Hell. I think the game trades right back into BB for $6.30 after the 100% promo and the GCU 10%. So play it for a half hour, watch the episodes of the show on the disc and then trade it in for MORE than you paid.[/QUOTE]

tic is $1. Lol. Was probably $5 or so before the price drop though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I believe people mentioned yesterday that it WAS working without an override required. But as of later yesterday it was then requiring the override.

Either way, while I got in on the old freebie games, I gotta admit as well that that was a lot of hassle, time and nonsense just to try getting a free game.:roll: I mean, free woulda been nice to get it for, but I'm sure most of us could find $5 worth of use out of it.[/QUOTE]
It only worked without override for the hour or so after opening. It's a moot point now since the price increased today.

[quote name='metallicoholic']For those that are upset about not getting it for free, keep in mind the past games that BB has "given away for free" were X-Blades and Naughty Bear. Just keep in mind what you're fighting with staff about.[/quote]

This cannot be stated enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metallicoholic']Some people have amazing retention when it comes to their conversations with managers at Best Buy. I can't remember what I said to my wife on the phone just a few minutes ago.

I'll probably check out my store today and see what the price on Deadliest Warrior is. For $5 or less I'll definitely pick it up. For those that are upset about not getting it for free, keep in mind the past games that BB has "given away for free" were X-Blades and Naughty Bear. Just keep in mind what you're fighting with staff about.[/QUOTE]

do you mean Fairytale Fights? When was Naughty Bear free?

[quote name='eldergias']MochaRaf,

I highly suggest you print up your states Consumer Protection Laws off of your state Attorney General's website and keep them with you when making purchases. I don't know what state you live in, but in MA the Consumer Protection Laws specifically prohibit the type of action that your manager was doing. In MA, advertised prices and promotions must be honored in accordance with the restrictions specifically printed on the advertisement or promotion (in this case the coupon) and no other restrictions. If they do not, it is a breach of state law, and what manager is willing to lose their job for breach of state laws rather than comply with store advertised promotions. I have used my state laws to get in on deals like this before (last year's TRU 2 for $50 deal specifically) when a manager has tried to do the same thing yours did. There are also FTC regulations that cover some of these issues that might be a good idea to carry with you, but the state laws tend to be even more strict. False advertising is a civil offense, and companies spend millions of dollars a year losing lawsuits to state AG offices over these practices.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing that info, it it pretty much the same deal here. In all honesty I usually let these type of deals go, I just don't like the fact that this guy always tries to feed me some BS.. If he would have simply said no without giving me all his BS excuses I would have walked out the store no problem.

[quote name='bruceg']No you can't do it. I tried before at different stores and asked them to apply the coupon to my in-store pickup and was unsuccessful every time (their system doesn't allow it)[/QUOTE]

Crap.

Well heres the situation guys. It looks like its $25 again now. But last night i did a ship to store order for 19.99 that it says should be there around the 26th. I was planning on going in today and having them do a ship to store for me and using the coupon to guarentee the price, but its looking like that wont work

Is it gonna stay 24.99 for a while? I need to know if i should wait for my order to arrive then try to use the coupon. It sounds like doing that will probably not work and i'll have to pay $5 which is still probably ok, but i dont want to have to rebuy it when it comes in and its back up to 29.99 or 39.99 or something. Im wondering if I should still go in and have them redo the store to ship when i know its $25 or wait for my $20 copy and try it then.

[quote name='whitereflection']So you spent fifteen minutes arguing this with the guy at your BB, ten minutes to drive to another store, went back to the first store to gloat but the guy wasn't there, and another ten minutes typing this up? Your gas and time isn't worth $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Ya, I couldn't help by explaining how incorrect your questioning of his gas usage is....

So first off, the 15 minutes arguing and 10 minutes posting have no effect on gas. Second, we can rule out the gas used to get to the first best buy.

Now, he drove 10 minutes to the 2nd Best Buy and 10 minutes back; totalling 20 minutes of driving. Since we don't know if he took regular roads or highway, I think its fair to estimate he travelled at 40 mph; so (40miles/60minutes)*20minutes=13.333 miles. Now we don't know his gas mileage, but I'm going to be a bit helpful to you and go with 18mpg (which is the average among my cars). So 13.333miles/18miles per gallon=0.741gallons. Average gas prices in my area jumped up to 3.69$ per gallon...0.741gallons*3.69$ per gallon = $2.73.

((((est. mph) * 20 minutes ) / (est. avg. mpg)) * gas$pg) = ~$2.73

So at the end of things, he only spent about $2.73 in gas more than he originally would have. So Free + $2.73 OR $4.99(+tax) + $2.73 < $9.99(+tax).

So ya, you are wrong to try and make a point that he wasted gas money.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, I couldn't help by explaining how incorrect your questioning of his gas usage is....

So first off, the 15 minutes arguing and 10 minutes posting have no effect on gas. Second, we can rule out the gas used to get to the first best buy.

Now, he drove 10 minutes to the 2nd Best Buy and 10 minutes back; totalling 20 minutes of driving. Since we don't know if he took regular roads or highway, I think its fair to estimate he travelled at 40 mph; so (40miles/60minutes)*20minutes=13.333 miles. Now we don't know his gas mileage, but I'm going to be a bit helpful to you and go with 18mpg (which is the average among my cars). So 13.333miles/18miles per gallon=0.741gallons. Average gas prices in my area jumped up to 3.69$ per gallon...0.741gallons*3.69$ per gallon = $2.73.

So at the end of things, he only spent about $2.73 in gas more than he originally would have. So Free + $2.73 OR $4.99(+tax) + $2.73 < $9.99(+tax).

So ya, you are wrong to try and make a point that he wasted gas money.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='eldergias']MochaRaf,

I highly suggest you print up your states Consumer Protection Laws off of your state Attorney General's website and keep them with you when making purchases. I don't know what state you live in, but in MA the Consumer Protection Laws specifically prohibit the type of action that your manager was doing. In MA, advertised prices and promotions must be honored in accordance with the restrictions specifically printed on the advertisement or promotion (in this case the coupon) and no other restrictions. If they do not, it is a breach of state law, and what manager is willing to lose their job for breach of state laws rather than comply with store advertised promotions. I have used my state laws to get in on deals like this before (last year's TRU 2 for $50 deal specifically) when a manager has tried to do the same thing yours did. There are also FTC regulations that cover some of these issues that might be a good idea to carry with you, but the state laws tend to be even more strict. False advertising is a civil offense, and companies spend millions of dollars a year losing lawsuits to state AG offices over these practices.

I brought these with me when I went to BB yesterday and got Deadliest Warrior, thankfully I didn't have to use them.[/QUOTE]

Seems super-dramatic for a game that none of you will actually ever get around to playing.

*I said nothing about the game's quality - I've never played it and have no desire too. I just know how we CAGs are.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, I couldn't help by explaining how incorrect your questioning of his gas usage is....

So ya, you are wrong to try and make a point that he wasted gas money.[/QUOTE]

C-C-C-C-C-C-OMBO BREAKER!

Well done sir, math and logic for the win. The only thing this doesn't take into account is how the poster values his one time, which would be the determining factor as to whether or not his actions were worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazedracerguy']Now, really... How the F would we know that? I mean, come on.[/QUOTE]look at how fast they made the change & think of how long it takes them to do other things. DLC on receipts, RZ pre-order credit, welcome kits, mags...if they could fix these issues just as fast one can only hope.

[quote name='blinknot4']Seems super-dramatic for a game that none of you will actually ever get around to playing.

*I said nothing about the game's quality - I've never played it and have no desire too. I just know how we CAGs are.[/QUOTE]

sometimes i'll pick up a less popular fighting game and throw down with my friends, they generally dont play anything other than capcom vs. some number affixed after it so it levels the playing field for a night and it's a lot of fun.

...if i can get this for less than $5 w/coupon i'll do it, but im not going out of my way to try and see if the coupon will work.

[quote name='blinknot4']Seems super-dramatic for a game that none of you will actually ever get around to playing.

*I said nothing about the game's quality - I've never played it and have no desire too. I just know how we CAGs are.[/QUOTE]

I already have the games as DLC, I got it for a friend who enjoyed them playing at my house.

But in addition to the value of the game, there is the principle of the matter. I demand that companies play fair and by the laws. Those that don't play by the law get sued by AG offices (happens fairly frequently now) and those that don't play fair start losing customers. (Look at EA and Origin, not saying they are going under, but I know for certain no matter what deals they offer I am never spending a dime on Origin because I know of EA's shoddy practices). Whether or not I am getting something out of it, it is NOT OKAY for a company to lie to the general public for the company's benefit.

They pulled all the copies at my BB and when I asked the guy explained that there was a pricing error and those were his instructions. When I said I had seen the website bump the price to $25 he said that's not what it is in store and pointed at his instructions again. I wouldn't really mind paying the $5 but I wasn't even allowed to do that.

Guess I'll try tomorrow.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
Is it gonna stay 24.99 for a while?.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Now, really... How the F would we know that? I mean, come on.[/QUOTE]

If anyone works at BB or anything. THey may know if it was a sale price for this week only, or an actual price drop. Doesn't hurt to ask, thats what this forum is for isn't it? Yeesh

anyway still wondering because if the price wont last i may need to just go reorder it now. It would suck to get my $19.99 copy in a week and have to return/rebuy it and it be back up to $40 or something

^_^x KD

Just picked up my copy of DW and DA2. (Virginia Beach) She scanned both games, then both coupons, they both were 4.99 after the coupon. Looks like they fixed it.

Just hit the DeWitt Best Buy. Game rang up $24.99. I tried to get two games with two coupons but the cashier said, " sorry, these coupons are limited to one per person."
I have never had an issue with using multiple coupons (and i have read plenty of times where some of you get multiple games with only one coupon) before, but it does say that so no big deal. Win some, lose some.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Just picked up my copy of DW and DA2. (Virginia Beach) She scanned both games, then both coupons, they both were 4.99 after the coupon. Looks like they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

That's actually pretty good, IMO. I'd much rather pay a negligible value (5 bucks) and be in and out in "normal, but still slow as hell BB checkout time" rather than get it for free, but be in the store for half the day.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Bring another game & tell them to takeoff $20 on the that game (a $40-30 game to be precise). If they won't honor the coupon. Thats what the manager did to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, might try that.

[quote name='DerClaw']That's actually pretty good, IMO. I'd much rather pay a negligible value (5 bucks) and be in and out in "normal, but still slow as hell BB checkout time" rather than get it for free, but be in the store for half the day.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same. First time I can say I was glad to see a $5 price increase on a game. (more than likely I would have walked out of my BB emptyhanded yesterday anyway)

My Best Buy (Salem, OR) has pulled all copies from the shelves as well because of the pricing error. I was told that I could not purchase it until it is corrected.

still on the shelves here (Columbus, OH), but rings up at $5, even when the manager came to adjust, the system wouldn't let him. Oh well, probably wouldn't have even played it.

I cant beleave that there are 25 pages dedicated to this horrible game (and ive contributed to it) lol. So If Its ajusted to 24.99 this free deal is offically dead. Still paying 5$ for it to flip to gs isnt bad, especially If you are using bestbuy credit to pay for the game

[quote name='DerClaw']That's actually pretty good, IMO. I'd much rather pay a negligible value (5 bucks) and be in and out in "normal, but still slow as hell BB checkout time" rather than get it for free, but be in the store for half the day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I got DA2 for the hell of it, and also just to have something else to ring up with the game in hopes it would've given me the full $20 off DW. But, oh well. Best Buy isn't going to give you anything for free, that's for sure.

I can always try to sell or trade both of the games on Craigslist anyways if I don't like either of them.

Picked it up today for $5 while running errands in town. No hassle, no fuss.

Honestly, my expectations were exceedingly low for the game. After playing it, I actually thought it was pretty fun. Might be a bit more fun against an actual person, though.

Overall, not bad for $5. It's something different.

It is officially fixed. 24.99 making it 4.99 after coupon. Paid with that surprise 5 certificate that appeared in my gamers club / reward zone account. Certificate din't work at first because total was 4.99 before tax so I bought a vitamin water. Total 2.16 after tax. Horrible I know, but I was thirsty

[quote name='Kenshindono']If anyone works at BB or anything. THey may know if it was a sale price for this week only, or an actual price drop. Doesn't hurt to ask, thats what this forum is for isn't it? Yeesh

anyway still wondering because if the price wont last i may need to just go reorder it now. It would suck to get my $19.99 copy in a week and have to return/rebuy it and it be back up to $40 or something

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

My... lets call him friend who works there told me the 19.99 was the new MSRP. So I dont think it was a sale, but a drop.

$5 isn't bad, I'll just trade it in to Hastings along with da2 and brutal legend for the extra $25 credit.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']To a 5 year old or an enemy.[/QUOTE]

isn't this a Mature rated game? Yep...sounds like the perfect game for a 5 yr old. :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']I cant beleave that there are 25 pages dedicated to this horrible game (and ive contributed to it) lol. So If Its ajusted to 24.99 this free deal is offically dead. Still paying 5$ for it to flip to gs isnt bad, especially If you are using bestbuy credit to pay for the game[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why...a free game that can be turned for $9.90 at gs...and if additional trades are in the mix you can add up to $7.50 on top of that.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']isn't this a Mature rated game? Yep...sounds like the perfect game for a 5 yr old. :D[/QUOTE]

Duke Nukem makes an even better $5 gift.

well i walked in much to my surprise the tag at the store still said 19.99 so i grabbed it. Soul calibur 5 collectors edition and the last dragon age 2. i would of grabbed resistance 3 but i swore it was 29.99 not the listed 39.99 and i was fully expecting to catch hell with trying to PM the deadliest warrior and get it for free didnt want to run into another problem. and i wasnt sure maybe the price went up but looking at the website now i see it was in fact 29.99

well either way i only had 40 in cash on me lol.

well much to my surprise i got a good helpful intelligent cashier at the gaming station who called in a helpful person to help him with whatever wasnt working.

so i got deadliest warrior for free ok well for 1 cent lol
dragon age 2 for 5
and soul calibur for 40.
+ 2 five dollar certificates. i found the free one in my account and another one in my email but not in my account for some reason so i used that before i forgot about it(found it looking for my gamer coupons in the email lol)

so got all that for 37.38

filled out their survery and praised those two relentessly and suggested they get raises.

all in all rare good experience. 2 super awesome employees. and amazing deals

my only minor complaint was she looked to see if the deadliest warrior tag said "on sale" but it didnt so i didnt have to get into that argument. as soon as she said that i was oh crap what does that tag say lol but thankfully it didnt say "on sale" which i noted in the survey all their employees need to be trained on that.

so what i am saying is....DAMN YOU CAG. and THANK YOU CAG for amazing deals and 3 more games to the backlog as i am playing xenoblade now finnally so yea lol.

Walked into best buy as well, saw the shelf tag that stated $19.99, took it with me to the front and the mgr gave the cashier an override but was still coming out to $5.40 after tax and told them its not right, false advertising and such but no luck. Negative feedback left.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Walked into best buy as well, saw the shelf tag that stated $19.99, took it with me to the front and the mgr gave the cashier an override but was still coming out to $5.40 after tax and told them its not right, false advertising and such but no luck. Negative feedback left.[/QUOTE]

what happens is it needed a second override. see the coupon only takes it off the base 24.99. it needs a second override to knock off the last 5 dollars.

thats what they had to do for me. but yea its false advertising sue them for 5 dollars man!! lol

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']do you mean Fairytale Fights? When was Naughty Bear free?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about Fairytale Fights. I feel like Naughty Bear was ridiculously cheap at some point too, but not free.

Either way, these are the kind of games we're making a fuss about. While I agree that Best Buy should honor its prices even in error, standing in line and arguing with a manager over $5 is not worth the air. If someone wants to put up a math equation computing how much air is wasted in this situation, please feel free.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Walked into best buy as well, saw the shelf tag that stated $19.99, took it with me to the front and the mgr gave the cashier an override but was still coming out to $5.40 after tax and told them its not right, false advertising and such but no luck. Negative feedback left.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you knew the price was going up to $25 today. C'mon.

If you get lucky and get it free, good for you. But I went today and picked mine up. The tag said $19.99 on the rack. But did I raise a stink over it? No. Because I knew the price was changing. It's five freakin' bucks. It's the same price as a combo meal.

Cut that shit out.

[quote name='Kenshindono']If anyone works at BB or anything. THey may know if it was a sale price for this week only, or an actual price drop. Doesn't hurt to ask, thats what this forum is for isn't it? Yeesh

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]
Not working at BB, but it's a price drop. I think someone mentioned that in the first page and Amazon also shows the game MSRP to be $19.99.

[quote name='Regian']Dude, you knew the price was going up to $25 today. C'mon.

If you get lucky and get it free, good for you. But I went today and picked mine up. The tag said $19.99 on the rack. But did I raise a stink over it? No. Because I knew the price was changing. It's five freakin' bucks. It's the same price as a combo meal.

Cut that shit out.[/QUOTE]

Going against your advertisement to spite customers for using their coupons is a dick move.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not working at BB, but it's a price drop. I think someone mentioned that in the first page and Amazon also shows the game MSRP to be $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Lol...so Best Buy is actually shunning a universal price drop for the next 2 or 3 weeks because of a coupon they printed?

[quote name='DR2K']Going against your advertisement to spite customers for using their coupons is a dick move.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this price drop was advertised in an ad, correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

Plus, isn't this is an MSRP drop and not a sale price? BB couldn't have anticipated that when they were planning these coupons.

[quote name='Regian']I don't think this price drop was advertised in an ad, correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

Plus, isn't this is an MSRP drop and not a sale price? BB couldn't have anticipated that when they were planning these coupons.[/QUOTE]

you've got to ignore the people who use the term false advertising for everything.

[quote name='DR2K']Going against your advertisement to spite customers for using their coupons is a dick move.[/QUOTE]

Thats not false advertising. The coupons are most likely decided earlier that month or some time prior and most likely based off elements like sales figures. Sadly the game dropped in MSRP (which is something NO ONE could predict) and the two synced. It's happened before and will happen again. Since the two can't exist at the same time, they added a small bit of value. Even with the magazines cost, it would cost less to buy that and the game than just the game.

If you don't like this explanation, false advertising is used to get you to BUY something because something was said to be included that wasn't or lying to get you in the store. Since neither are true, you just look like a fucking douche.

Picked it up today for free it rang up 25 but I pointed out that it said 20 so they went to check and got the manager over ride

If it makes you feel any better, selling at above MSRP might be a violation of their agreement with the distributor, so maybe BB will get hosed on copies of the next major release of the next Deadliest Warrior game :booty:

Oh, and maybe it's gouging, since they are charging over MSRP for this hot title, like when gas stations were charing 10 bucks/gallon after 911. Maybe you should write a letter to your congressman.

bread's done
Back