Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
dot is right that it is more of a PvP weapon but I feel it is the best fusion other than Vex for PvE. I switch weapons on the fly a lot so the quick charge perk is good for someone like me. Plus the damn thing hits so hard. I love the range on the gun as well. I didn't shard my 2nd one I got last night from Atheon yet so I may or may not keep it depending on need for shards.

I still have the CP and am always more than happy to pass it along if you guys want it. I can't wait till my buddy finally gets his Fate Bringer so I can just recycle the Gorgon CP and not have to do oracles or templar again. :)

So yeah onto Xur.... Nothing but hot garbage, even the 1 upgrade I can do was shit. Young Ahamkara's Spine's upgrade is atrocioius. I would lose about 25 discipline upgrading my 30 light ones. So yep not happening! I wish you could buy the engrams with strange coin. Only had enough for 1 engram since I went apeshit last week on helmet engrams. Again got some good luck. Got Claws of Ahamkara for the Warlock. :) Man my RNG was pretty much perfect this week. :D
Yea, you have lucked out this week and have all the raid weapons too, right?

Do you run all the exotic drops each week on all 3 characters? Gorgon Chest, Atheon, Deathsinger & Crota?

I will probably just be doing laundry and rushing to get more stuff done for my Monday night class on Sunday but if you guys find you are out a person shoot me a message and I can tell you right then and there if I can hop on or not to help. Like I said, I very well could just be sitting there playing PS4 or Wii U haha

Correction: new DLC strike. We only have one on this side of the fence ;).

It's funny - as much as I play this game, I have NO idea what the PlayStation exclusive strikes even are.
You're killing me man :lol: . I swear I don't do this on purpose...

But for someone who has no idea on PS exclusives, you're really good about pointing them out ;)

Yea, you have lucked out this week and have all the raid weapons too, right?

Do you run all the exotic drops each week on all 3 characters? Gorgon Chest, Atheon, Deathsinger & Crota?
Yeah I have all raid weapons. 2x Abyss Defiant, 2x Oversoul Edict, 3x Fang of Ir Yut and finally got that damn Hunger of Crota to drop. Then of course the Crux as well. I didn't get the Pulse or Auto at all last week so I got all of those this week. I got 2 Fangs last week and 1 dropped with my Crux. Then the last clear I did got me Word of Crota.

Yeah I usually run everything on all three of my guys. Until one guy in my group gets a Fatebringer, we are running Oracles and Templar then we will recycle the Gorgon CP every week. I still have 1 VoG run on Hard on my titan left. So if anyone wants the Gorgon CP when I start getting it, or hell if you want oracles, I will be more than happy to give any of you the save!

This is old, But I'd never seen it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW9fIKW6v4c

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have all raid weapons. 2x Abyss Defiant, 2x Oversoul Edict, 3x Fang of Ir Yut and finally got that damn Hunger of Crota to drop. Then of course the Crux as well. I didn't get the Pulse or Auto at all last week so I got all of those this week. I got 2 Fangs last week and 1 dropped with my Crux. Then the last clear I did got me Word of Crota.

Yeah I usually run everything on all three of my guys. Until one guy in my group gets a Fatebringer, we are running Oracles and Templar then we will recycle the Gorgon CP every week. I still have 1 VoG run on Hard on my titan left. So if anyone wants the Gorgon CP when I start getting it, or hell if you want oracles, I will be more than happy to give any of you the save!
Nice! I found some people on lfg tonight running oracles and lucked out on the exotic chest and pulled mida multitool. Probably not exciting for most, but that and Hard Light were the last exotic weapons I needed to pull. So down to one...

It still makes me laugh though when you get into a group of 31+ into a hard atheon run that have no clue about how the oracles work at the end. I know you could glitch it back in the day but funny people have still refused to learn how it works then expect you to carry them through. It just reinforces how bad they messed up the leveling when this expansion came out.

Hey, man, this is my fireteam you're talking about. Except we would be playing on normal.
Lol, it is really more a reflection of what I ran into last night on Lfg. I don't mind if people don't know how it works, but when we explain the first oracle is up high between the arch and it gets missed like 10 times in a row it is a bit frustrating. With everyone leveled to 30+ you only need 1 or 2 shots at atheon so wiping before even getting a chance to damage him is disappointing.

I have never raided.  I am grown up enough to do so.  If anyone wants to do Vault of Glass... let me know.  I don't have the expansions just yet.  

Saint Noir said:
I have never raided. I am grown up enough to do so. If anyone wants to do Vault of Glass... let me know. I don't have the expansions just yet.
Well, we're running it tonight after the Super Bowl, so you can try to join in with that.

If you guys want the clan achievement please make sure you are part of the CAGcast clan. I already have it so it doesn't matter to me. But I'll switch from my other clan for the run if you guys want to go for it.

Ran my warlock through Crota on normal today, nothing but shards until Crota where I picked up the machine gun. I'm 15 Hadronic essence from 31, so I guess I'll max what I have since I didn't get any raid armor. I had a ton of fun glimmer farming the exclusion zone with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju today, was able to super twice each time. It would be super fun with 2 or three 'locks, nova bombs for days. It would probably fun to run almost anything with 3 obsidian minds.

Yeah, I was a little rusty there at the end, but we got it done pretty quickly.

Someone got a Vision of Confluence who hadn't gotten it yet (not sure who that was). I was using that myself on the Oracles and still use it occasionally in other parts of the game (though Abyss Defiant is starting to take its place). And I saw Defiance got the clan achievement.

Sorry Linkin - but I'm sure we can do it again in a week or two. Or maybe we can just take the CAG crew through Crota on Normal instead at that point. If I'm still looking for Hunger of Crota, I'll want to run Normal as much as possible (especially if I end up getting the Crux in the mean time - then I'll be done with Hard mode).

Oh man.

So here I am minding my own business when my buddy messages me and is like hey man, we are on Destiny want to help us with some stuff?

This is my buddy IRL and his GF who I used to play with all the time. I was getting my masters with the one and we are all decent buddies and yet they both ditched the game a month or so before the DLC even. I wanted to play with them and so I got on and helped them through the Nightfall and some Eris stuff and then a full Normal Crota run and the first check points on hard. It was fun playing with them again.

Of course though. Literally as soon as I am on and playing. Not even five minutes later BAM got messages me laughing that I went back on my Destiny hiatus hahah. It is like you have sensors set! Oh man, I was laughing my butt off and had to explain it to my buddies.

Either way, playing it actually just made me more bummed in the game. Both his GF and I are animators, she currently working at Netherrealm and then me still finishing up my Masters like a chump but then the other guy is a game designer too and so we all have strong technical knowledge of the industry and all of the games and stuff and we just rambled on for over an hour on how so many things could be tweaked with Destiny to make it so much more appealing and give lasting reason to come back. bah. Regardless it was fun.

That being said here is what it looks like out my balcony on my 3rd floor apt right now here right outside of Chicago! : D

1463071_10152559374172187_2530587906315641089_n.jpg

Yup...

Has there been any confirmation about the Crux dropping on subsequent hard mode runs during the same week?  Or is it like all other drops, you only get once chance per character per week.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Has there been any confirmation about the Crux dropping on subsequent hard mode runs during the same week? Or is it like all other drops, you only get once chance per character per week.
I had heard that was how the first guy got it (since he got it the first week). But given that he appears to be the only one who ever got it that first week, I think that was some sort of fluke. I have not heard of anyone getting it on subsequent clears later in the week. However, it is an additional drop along with the weapons. That is, you can still get something like Word of Crota along with it. So it is possible it is just an independent drop and might come from subsequent clears. I just haven't seen anyone post that they got it that way.

Hopefully I get one tomorrow night and can be done with it.

Tonight I need to do:

-Crota hard on my Titan (just Crota)
-VOG hard on my Warlock (have oracle CP)
-First half of CE on Warlock (cheesy style)

I'll be on around 7:30EST if anybody is interested.

Tonight I need to do:

I can join you for about an hour, but I've only run the very beginning of Crota.

Yeah, I was a little rusty there at the end, but we got it done pretty quickly.

Someone got a Vision of Confluence who hadn't gotten it yet (not sure who that was). I was using that myself on the Oracles and still use it occasionally in other parts of the game (though Abyss Defiant is starting to take its place). And I saw Defiance got the clan achievement.

Sorry Linkin - but I'm sure we can do it again in a week or two. Or maybe we can just take the CAG crew through Crota on Normal instead at that point. If I'm still looking for Hunger of Crota, I'll want to run Normal as much as possible (especially if I end up getting the Crux in the mean time - then I'll be done with Hard mode).
I got Vision of Confluence and was pretty excited about it. It's my first elemental primary, and I've used scout rifles almost exclusively to this point (although I'd really like to switch to hand cannons if I can find one better than The Devil You Don't).

I'm up for "helping" with the achievement whenever if you need more bodies.

I can join you for about an hour, but I've only run the very beginning of Crota.

I got Vision of Confluence and was pretty excited about it. It's my first elemental primary, and I've used scout rifles almost exclusively to this point (although I'd really like to switch to hand cannons if I can find one better than The Devil You Don't).

I'm up for "helping" with the achievement whenever if you need more bodies.
I think it'd be harder to find a hand cannon that's worse than The Devil You Don't. I'll wait for you to run Oracles and you can get a chance at Fatebringer.

I think it'd be harder to find a hand cannon that's worse than The Devil You Don't. I'll wait for you to run Oracles and you can get a chance at Fatebringer.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. More time reloading than shooting, but I really wanted a hand cannon and I had Vanguard marks to burn.

Tonight I need to do:

I'm down to do whatever, I could use a couple hard mode crota kills on my warlock and titan.

I had heard that was how the first guy got it (since he got it the first week). But given that he appears to be the only one who ever got it that first week, I think that was some sort of fluke. I have not heard of anyone getting it on subsequent clears later in the week.
They later cleared it up that the guy who first got it played through on his three characters, DELETED one, started a new one and power leveled him up and then killed Crota and got the Crux. So even he never got it on a subsequent playthrough.

I have no idea why someone would be that crazy determined that they would waste that much time but hey to each their own I suppose!

They later cleared it up that the guy who first got it played through on his three characters, DELETED one, started a new one and power leveled him up and then killed Crota and got the Crux. So even he never got it on a subsequent playthrough.

I have no idea why someone would be that crazy determined that they would waste that much time but hey to each their own I suppose!
Especially when the Necrochasm sucks a fierce one. Might be the worst exotic gun in the game right now.

As for me, I think I hit the wall this week. Too much Destiny and I got burnt out. Probably not going to help that many people out on Crota on hard again. Then again I have zero incentive to kill Crota on hard unless I want another Word of Crota... So I'll probably do through deathsingers on hard on all 3, and of course Nightfalls and Weeklies. Hell I didn't even do all 3 VoG hard runs this week I was so burnt out.

After I get my weekly shit done, I think I am going to stay off Destiny until Xur on Friday. I may run some bounties to get a few things leveled up but I'm taking it easy this week. Plus I have Dying Light and Dragon Age that I want to start :)

We started shortly after the football game and finished up just before your post.
Dang it! Oh well...maybe next time. Did you guys do both Raids?

Yeah no worries...like everyone on this thread, I'm starting to get bored with it, so I may start trying out other games on my backlog. I may try my luck with LFG later to see if I can at least do the Crota Raid on normal before the reset tonight. I have class that's supposed to end at 8:30pm PT so I should be on shortly after that.

Well, we're running it tonight after the Super Bowl, so you can try to join in with that.

If you guys want the clan achievement please make sure you are part of the CAGcast clan. I already have it so it doesn't matter to me. But I'll switch from my other clan for the run if you guys want to go for it.
Yeah. I missed this. O:)

Well, weekly reset is just about here and I have to say this is the least excited I've been for it in a long while. At BEST, if I have incredible luck, I'll get the stupid Crux and what I'm hearing is one of the worst exotics in the game. Most likely I'll just get more armor with crappy rolls/perks and duplicate Raid weapons (but no Hunger of Crota of course since we'll be running hard). Meh...

Archon Priest with all burns again.  No angry so get your black hammers out and get ready to wreck his face!

DId one just a little bit ago.  And my RNG continues into this week.  Got an Insurmountable Skullfort Helm.  Shit roll compared to the one I already have so exotic shard!

We did two full Hard mode runs in about 2 1/2 hours - not too bad. We never spent all that much time on Crota either. We were stuck on the bridge for a while the first time till I soloed the other side yet again ;).

I got another Word of Crota and another Fang of Ir Yut and a couple of pieces of armor. Oh, and I finally got the bone circlet for my Warlock. No one in our entire party on either run got the Crux of Crota. So, really, I only ever saw it drop on my first Hard clear after the first week when 2 people got it. Or did you get it when I was with you Vendetta? I'm starting to get a surplus of Radiant mats so I went ahead and maxed out a second Black Hammer. I have a third I might as well do that with also. It is getting to be a pain to switch weapons with my Vault and most of my characters weapon slots full.

So I still have Crota to run on my Titan. I'd like to try Normal again for a chance at Hunger of Crota. But I also want to run hard. Vendetta - if your group needs one please let me know.

Then I ran one Nightfall and, yeah, you can make quick work of him at the end with Gjallahorn and Black Hammer. The Weekly has Void burn, so we did that pretty quick too.

I also still have the Nightfall/Weekly to run with 2 characters. Oh yeah, on my first run of course I got a useless purple weapon. That is what I've gotten for like the 8th or 9th time in a row. It is getting ridiculous. One of the other guys got 9 coins and was complaining - I'd have been thrilled with that.

For all those who missed the VoG run on Sunday night, I'd love to do that at least once a week.  We cleared it pretty quick and probably could have been done even faster if i hadn't been a bit rusty (and if I hadn't put my mic on mute and forgotten about it for 15 minutes near the end).  

I am excited about Nightfall being the Archon Priest this week.  Last time he came up it was with Arc damage and I rocked him with Patience & Time.  Black Hammer and Truth should make short work of him this week.  I want to run the nightfalls and weeklies with all three characters this week and I'm sure I won't get them all in tonight, so if anyone needs it later in the week, let me know.

You don't even need the Black Hammer for the Archon in the nightfall.  Just saw some video where they ghorned him to death in 10 seconds.  Much faster and easier.  ;)

I forgot to mention that the other night when I hopped on with my friends, I got both ANOTHER IceBreaker from the Nightfall and then ANOTHER Suros from the Deathsinger.

I felt really bad too because my friends have just now started playing again since the DLC and what not and so they could have really used either of those upgraded guns.

On a different note, I played the Hardline Beta last night and I had more fun in the 2 hours I played the Beta than I did the countless hours I played BF4. It is by no means perfect but it really is way better than BF4 in my eyes. The new Heist and Car Chase stuff is definitely weird at first in BF setting but once you start playing and get the hang of the mechanics it ends up fitting really well. I was enjoying it, but then was fully sold when I upgraded my Precision class to have a Grappling Hook as his secondary gadget and so I feel like Batman! Haha It does't repel you up, but it does leave the rope there for you and your teammates to climb. Really useful for getting to hard to reach spots or to help shut down a lane by having instant access to the rooftops.

We did two full Hard mode runs in about 2 1/2 hours - not too bad. We never spent all that much time on Crota either. We were stuck on the bridge for a while the first time till I soloed the other side yet again ;).I got another Word of Crota and another Fang of Ir Yut and a couple of pieces of armor. Oh, and I finally got the bone circlet for my Warlock. No one in our entire party on either run got the Crux of Crota. So, really, I only ever saw it drop on my first Hard clear after the first week when 2 people got it. Or did you get it when I was with you Vendetta? I'm starting to get a surplus of Radiant mats so I went ahead and maxed out a second Black Hammer. I have a third I might as well do that with also. It is getting to be a pain to switch weapons with my Vault and most of my characters weapon slots full.So I still have Crota to run on my Titan. I'd like to try Normal again for a chance at Hunger of Crota. But I also want to run hard. Vendetta - if your group needs one please let me know.Then I ran one Nightfall and, yeah, you can make quick work of him at the end with Gjallahorn and Black Hammer. The Weekly has Void burn, so we did that pretty quick too.I also still have the Nightfall/Weekly to run with 2 characters. Oh yeah, on my first run of course I got a useless purple weapon. That is what I've gotten for like the 8th or 9th time in a row. It is getting ridiculous. One of the other guys got 9 coins and was complaining - I'd have been thrilled with that.
My group is running all normals first before running anything on hard. So we will definitely have room for you man. Lots of people without Hunger and a few without Black Hammer.

I ran Crota on Normal and then Hard on all 3 characters last week.  Did not get the Hunger of Crota and didn't see the Crux drop for anyone.  I did get Titan and Hunter helms so I have all the raid helmets now.  Also ran all the potential exotic drops in VoG and Crota and ended up getting 2 Last Words, another Vex, and Mida Multi Tool which is one that I needed.  So all in all a good week.  Plan to do the same thing this week and hope to get those last 2 drops and Hard Light.

Will be running Nightfall -> Heroic on all 3 characters tonight so I"ll try to join up with some of you guys to knock that archon out quickly. 

I ran Crota on Normal and then Hard on all 3 characters last week. Did not get the Hunger of Crota and didn't see the Crux drop for anyone. I did get Titan and Hunter helms so I have all the raid helmets now. Also ran all the potential exotic drops in VoG and Crota and ended up getting 2 Last Words, another Vex, and Mida Multi Tool which is one that I needed. So all in all a good week. Plan to do the same thing this week and hope to get those last 2 drops and Hard Light.

Will be running Nightfall -> Heroic on all 3 characters tonight so I"ll try to join up with some of you guys to knock that archon out quickly.
Bring the trusty ole Gjallarhorn. I ran my other two earlier this afternoon and 3 people shooting G-horn absolutely murdered his ass. :D

Anybody want to set something up for Friday and Saturday night this weekend? I would need to do Weekly and Nightfall and the Daily also. Plus I have not been through the VoG if anybody want to help with that. Level 30 Warlock and I don't own the expansion pack.

Vendetta_x360 said:
My group is running all normals first before running anything on hard. So we will definitely have room for you man. Lots of people without Hunger and a few without Black Hammer.
My son has a basketball game tonight but I'll try to be on afterwards (around 8:30-9 Pacific).

I had horrible luck from the exotic drops this week. I did all 3 hard mode Gorgon chests and got nothing but shards/energy (and an extra cloak). I got nothing from Deathsinger and Crota two times. And of course my one Nightfall resulted in the standard, and what I can only figure at this point is hardcoded for me, purple weapon. Yeah, it sure seems like they removed RNG for me on Nightfalls and made it a guaranteed legendary weapon. I guess it is still random which one it is, but that's little consolation since they all end up as 2 ascendant energy anyway (and I have well over 150 of those).

Anybody want to set something up for Friday and Saturday night this weekend? I would need to do Weekly and Nightfall and the Daily also. Plus I have not been through the VoG if anybody want to help with that. Level 30 Warlock and I don't own the expansion pack.
I'll probably be on at least one of the nights, so shoot me a message if you see me on Live.

Got my first Crota kill on hard running sword.  Did it with 3 randos and 2 friends.  So I'm good to go being sword bearer on hard mode now :D

1 time I got too greedy and paid for it.  After that though I got over trying to get too many hits.  First time we got him to enrage, I killed his ass!

moving back to Battlefield :twoguns: until the DLC drops, probably will be hanging around here 95% less

anyway for those of you who don't browse reddit here's a look at the vendor gear from the upcoming House of Wolves

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2uod1p/house_of_wolves_all_24_vendor_weapons_w/
Like I said earlier, I am really surprised with how much I am enjoying Hardline. I will surely see you on there at release!

I also have Evolve pre-ordered though I somewhat regret that decision but oh well haha what is done is done!

Oh yeah AND BLOODBORNE IS OUT NEXT MONTH!

But Destiny related, yeah I saw all those things earlier. They said however that they 'learned from their mistakes and will change accordingly.' What we see is "pre-mistake" stuff and so I HOPE that it is changed somehow once it is finally released so it doesn't play out just like this DLC but as I said before, I am losing hope.

If HoW is really May that is a long ways off. I think a lot of people will play much less if not drop out entirely. it would help if they would say that radiant energy/shards will continue to be used for upgrading the new HoW Raid gear. If that is the case, I'll keep running Crota at least on Normal (plus Nightfalls/Weekly) every week to stock up. After what they pulled with the exotic shard announcement and then waiting a few days to tell us we'd have to reset exotics to level them up I don't have much confidence in them telling us anything useful in advance. Remember a lot of people maxed out exotics because they removed the need for ascendant mats a few days before the DLC but didn't let people know you'd have to start over when upgrading them.

I just blew through a lot of radiant energy getting one of every Crota primary maxed out plus 2 extra Black Hammers (so each of my chars has one maxed out). I still have a handful of energy left though. I had about 88 shards, too, but I decided to max out alternate Hunter gloves that have the spawn orb with critical perk (instead of spawn orb with melee kill). The stats were nearly identical otherwise. I got some alternate armor for my Titan tonight, too, running with Vendetta's crew. I have enough to max out 3 more pieces if I want. But I'm not sure if I should continue to hold out for better rolls or just bank the radiant mats for HoW.

So I got both a Normal and Hard mode clear with Vendetta's crew. I got nothing from Crota on Normal (just shards), and my 4th Fang of Ir Yut on Hard. So no Hunger of Crota or Crux once again this week... So I'll keep at it for the time being at least to get those two things.

Then we did another Nightfall (my second this week) and GUESS WHAT GUYS!?

... I got another legendary weapon: Red Hand IX (hand cannon with no remarkable perks) which is useless since I have Word of Crota now.

Ran Nightfall and weekly on my Titan with Tiny and Defiance and just got strange coins and a legendary engram that became The Devil You Don't. Then ran them on my Warlock with Simo (turns out we're practically neighbors) and got Voidfang Vestments and a legendary engram that became MIDA Multi-Tool. Also saw Vendetta was on CE in a group of three so I jumped in and about 3 seconds later got rewarded with raid boots for my Warlock. Pretty nice haul.

I'd like to get another clan raid together this week: Crota normal and VOG hard (would be great if we could have one person with oracle cp and another with Atheon cp).

Anybody up for raiding Thursday and/or Sunday? If so what's your availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back