Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I am mainly a PC gamer as of late any work on a PC version and/or next gen consoles?
There has not been any solid news about a PC version or a version for next gen consoles yet, only speculation and rumors.

I suspect we will not see real news on PS4 or Xbox One versions of Infinity until they start gearing up for E3 2014.

my question is ... how can something as simple as "scratch the package with your fingernail to figure out which ones are rare packs" escape consideration before launching the final product packaging?

Awesome, thanks! Don't really care for the color and being a bit faster is not worth my time or money. The upcoming exclusive Mickey Mouse however......
Is there another Mickey coming out? Only exclusive out now is the D23 Sorcerer's Mickey which was exclusive to the D23 expo. Limited run of 5000 only and currently going for roughly $125+ on eBay.

edit: release to public in 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trying my hardest to resist this game because of the sheer amount of money needed to invest in this game and myself on having a compulsive desire to owning all the figures lol
This is my dilemma also...my collective personality wants them but my finances (wife) tells me no. Already have a few figures but no game lol

The only way I've been able to justify the purchases myself have been the first week sale prices (which I'm sure Disney was behind the whole time to get us salivated) and the BB glitch from several months ago. I really don't expect myself to be paying $13 per figure/toy in the future when I have been able to get 3 figures for about the same price. Thanks to most of the deals I have almost all of the first wave aside of a couple characters.

The only way I've been able to justify the purchases myself have been the first week sale prices (which I'm sure Disney was behind the whole time to get us salivated) and the BB glitch from several months ago. I really don't expect myself to be paying $13 per figure/toy in the future when I have been able to get 3 figures for about the same price. Thanks to most of the deals I have almost all of the first wave aside of a couple characters.
Same here, after a poster kindly informed that discs "could" come in 2 hexagon packs and not always circle/hex combos I went to my BB and had them match the TRU deal at 3 bucks a pack instead of 6. I've held out against the sidekicks and villains because of there diminished value imo but the Amazon sale for those has me on the ropes too :whistle2:

This is all aside from the fact that at his current pace it will take my four year old 100 hours to beat all the playsets.

Same here, after a poster kindly informed that discs "could" come in 2 hexagon packs and not always circle/hex combos I went to my BB and had them match the TRU deal at 3 bucks a pack instead of 6. I've held out against the sidekicks and villains because of there diminished value imo but the Amazon sale for those has me on the ropes too :whistle2:

This is all aside from the fact that at his current pace it will take my four year old 100 hours to beat all the playsets.
I'm sure it's been said around here somewhere already....but you can put the unopened power disc pack on your infinity "portal" and the game will read the one closest, then flip it over and do the same on the back side to find out what they both are. No more "blind" packs. Of course, you can also feel the shape of the pieces before you leave the store.

How cooperative is Best Buy being with deal matching TRU on the power discs? My TRU has been wiped clean for days, and don't know when they'll re-stock. I have a Best Buy down the street from me, but I've not had them deal match for me since 2008. That said, this is such a small item that I'd think they may be more lenient.

Their customer service moves like turtles, though, so I'd rather get an idea for my chances before I head over there and waste an hour of my life or more over this.

I hesitated on getting the game for financial reasons but couldn't resist the lure of the Villains and Sidekicks set. I was able to order the Sidekicks on Amazon and lucked out by finding the last Villains set at my local WM. I didn't realize that that set was sold out online (and it isn't in their weekly ad they had in store). I'm holding out on getting the game itself for the time being - hoping Black Friday has the game for around $50. Time will tell if I'm right or not... Since my kids are huge Pirates fans it'll be a great Christmas present - on sale or not.

Does anyone happen to know what GameStop considers "eligible games" is there a list out there somewhere?

Found it http://www.gamestop.com/trade2

And can this promotion be used for the Disney Infinity Stater Pack?

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

"Get a new game for $9.99 or less when you trade 2 eligible games"
"After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 or less before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99 or below. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. "

You could use it, but it would end up being $25 instead of $10.

I got Target to match both Walmart's price and TRU'S BOGO 50% off on the 3-packs, so it's worth trying if you don't have them yet (you'll need the flyer from TRU).

Well, I was looking forward to trying the tricks mentioned here to get some discs at my local Wal-Mart SuperCenter _for my own use_, but my lame store didn't have any Power Discs?  How can they not stock those at release?  But they get all kinds of other crap that will never sell on Day 1...

Well, I was looking forward to trying the tricks mentioned here to get some discs at my local Wal-Mart SuperCenter _for my own use_, but my lame store didn't have any Power Discs? How can they not stock those at release? But they get all kinds of other crap that will never sell on Day 1...
Isn't it just possible that they had them and sold out?

I sorta wanna buy into this game but I'm holding back for now.

Its a money based decision because I know myself and would feel compelled to have the complete set for each wave.

The third Skylanders game is about to come out. Its become a yearly release. Whats to say next fall a new Disney Infinity won't release? I can't see them being willing to not profit off a new game for people to buy. Sure there are lots of individual figures and sets that can be released considerimg their massive library of characters/worlds but people are gonna move on to another game at some point.

I only bought a stater pack of Giants because of that Target deal. For that price I couldn't resist. So far I've not bought anything additional to go with it and really don't think I will because it was a cheap price decision not an I actually want this game decision.

I want Disney Infinity to a degree but I see it being a money pit over the long run with $14 figures and $30 sets/packs and all the power discs to keep track of.

I sorta wanna buy into this game but I'm holding back for now.

I want Disney Infinity to a degree but I see it being a money pit over the long run with $14 figures and $30 sets/packs and all the power discs to keep track of.
The ONLY reason I went in on this as of now (I was planning on holding out for Black Friday) is the fact that so many of the figures/levels were basically 50% off. The only thing I paid full price for is the starter set. Sidekicks/Villains were half off, Cars/Lone Ranger were half off, and discs were buy one get one for $1. I'll wait until a buy one get one on the 4 remaining figs I need and there seems to be a quickly growing CAG trading market for the discs.

I got the Sidekicks pack from Best Buy a long time back and grabbed a Cars set from Target.  But this game and all the bits and pieces had me thoroughly confused.  I'll get a starter pack when I can get it in the $30-$40 range.  Otherwise I just don't know...

This game is a money sink, way more so than Skylanders because of all the Power Disc bullshits.

I recommend only buying to resell and to not actually invest wasting your time playing it, especially since it is confirmed that the gameplay is an absolute fucking joke because you can't use the majority of the characters in any meaningful way.

This game is a money sink, way more so than Skylanders because of all the Power Disc bullshits.

I recommend only buying to resell and to not actually invest wasting your time playing it, especially since it is confirmed that the gameplay is an absolute fucking joke because you can't use the majority of the characters in any meaningful way.
Yeah, all the reviews are horrible...

I recommend you do what you want to do with your money and I'll do what I want to with my money. Why do you keep coming in here just to tell us what a waste of money this is? GTFO and STFU. Is that so difficult to understand? NO ONE CARES what you think. Go tell your momma and let her tell you what a genius you are. The rest of us are tired of hearing it.

I guess you haven't looked at the Toy Box. I actually like the gameplay, its easy for me to be entertained chasing hard to find collectibles while my son figures out how to drive a virtual car.

Toy Box is one patch/upgrade away from being at a level with Minecraft though. Once they add:

-Mission Giving with Text

-Linkable levels

-Custom sound and lighting systems

They will have a pretty robust level editor with the most well known brands in history. I'm equally excited and frustrated that I can make a level with Alice in Wonderland, but don't exactly know if I can do what I want in it yet.

My wife and I had a blast last nite playing the Pirates and the Incredibles playsets. We don't have any Power Discs yet, other than the Dumbo that came in the Starter Pack.

I am reading some complaining here and this is my take. Take the game in stride. I learned with buying skylanders for my kids, they will be happy with whatever you give them as they love you. Trying to find the "it" character is more of an ego thing for th parent. With Disney, I think it's great that you can actually pre-order the characters which I don't remember being able to do with indvidual packs/playsets. Takes away a lot of hassle. The stuff with the power packs and rares is BS, but don't get bent out of shape about it. It's fun if you get a good one, but not the end of the world if you don't. I'm 36 years old and collected baseball cards as a kid so maybe I see it differently. Let's enjoy the games with our kids/friends or yourself.

PS I hope Disney makes a John Carter playset. The movie didn't do well, but I love it and would kill a lawn gnome to have a woola.

My best buy matched the power pack deal. In fact, i picked up almost everything there with a price match so i didn't have to drive all over town.

I would have never gotten into sky Landers, but this caught my attention because of the separate worlds/campaigns convinced with a little big planet like possibility of infinite levels and some cool stuff from people with far now time and talent than me. That and the figures actually look pretty good lined up above my large blu ray collection.

I'm looking for one last rare disc. Apparently EVERYONE has figured out the trick posted online and the scalpers have cleared every store in my area of rare discs. Literally 3 TRUs, 3 Targets, 2 Walmarts.

With my fiance being a Disney nut, I have a feeling this will be costly.  We are heading out soon to try to find the figures/price match/etc.

However, we played a little last night and we both had fun.  Once our oldest daughter gets home from school, I'm sure she's going to want to play too.  

My wife is not a gamer, but loves everything Disney.
This is the first game she has expressed interest in, so I just bought it.

She probably won't play Lone Ranger, or Pirates, but have heard good things about Incredibles, and Monsters U.

Picking up the Starter set at TRU over lunch.
Then a run to Walmart for the Sidekicks pack.

I am reading some complaining here and this is my take. Take the game in stride. I learned with buying skylanders for my kids, they will be happy with whatever you give them as they love you. Trying to find the "it" character is more of an ego thing for th parent. With Disney, I think it's great that you can actually pre-order the characters which I don't remember being able to do with indvidual packs/playsets. Takes away a lot of hassle. The stuff with the power packs and rares is BS, but don't get bent out of shape about it. It's fun if you get a good one, but not the end of the world if you don't. I'm 36 years old and collected baseball cards as a kid so maybe I see it differently. Let's enjoy the games with our kids/friends or yourself.

PS I hope Disney makes a John Carter playset. The movie didn't do well, but I love it and would kill a lawn gnome to have a woola.
This is dead on about the Skylanders. My son is at the point if I show him a new guy he doesn't even care. We still have about 16-20 guys still unopened, some were bought last Christmas. At first it wasn't bad finding guys on-sale its when you start being more of a collector with these things it gets you. I paid over $80.00 one weekend for two loose harder to find guys and I don't think we ever used them. I did end up getting all of the base characters from both games along with a couple variants. I also bought extra character just so he can have a character from each element for his 3DS versions. But I almost think its because I have some kind of OCD about collecting things.

p.s.

If I know than what I know now I would have stuck to one or two guys from each element and that would have been it.

Target is will have B2G1 free starting Sunday 09/01/13.

$12.99 Each, Single Characters
Mater, Dash, and Davy Jones, plus 7 more available in stores.
Quantities Limited; no rain checks, Lowest price item will be free.

Thanks to bainbridge's_stache @br.com

With my fiance being a Disney nut, I have a feeling this will be costly. We are heading out soon to try to find the figures/price match/etc.

However, we played a little last night and we both had fun. Once our oldest daughter gets home from school, I'm sure she's going to want to play too.
Try to get it all done before Saturday to get the best deals. Somebody in one of these Infinity threads has a roadmap to get everything for the lowest price. As far as power disc go try to avoid them if possible at the stores unless you go all out for them at TRU that's way you can trade doubles for the ones you need and do the "fingernail trick" for the rares.

If you are going to get things I would say get the Starter Pack at TRU and use their 20% off coupon on it. That makes it $60.00 which I don't is a bad deal at all. If you are buying any other Infinity stuff there buy this by itself or the coupon wont trigger sometimes.

Get both play-sets PM'ed to the Target price of $17.50 each.

And I would do each 3 pack of characters and PM them with the Wal-Mart price of $15.00 each.

So for $125 plus tax you have the game 13 guys and 5 levels @ 4-5 hours each(play-sets) plus the toy-box mode.

p.s.

If you would want to get your last four guys Violet, Dash, Mater, and Francesco you can either get them at TRU for 2 for $21 or K-Mart for 2 for $19.50.

See I'm glad I didn't get into Skylanders. I think the game is cool personally but thank goodness I didn't with all the stories of people going around trying to find variants and rares.

At least with DI as of right now the Crystal ones are the only exclusives. The powerdisc are cool but you don't even need them to be honest and since they don't permanently unlock then you can pass unless you really want them. I only need 5 more figures and 9 power disc to knock out Wave 1 and I haven't spent that much. Used mostly GS store credit.

See I'm glad I didn't get into Skylanders. I think the game is cool personally but thank goodness I didn't with all the stories of people going around trying to find variants and rares.

At least with DI as of right now the Crystal ones are the only exclusives. The powerdisc are cool but you don't even need them to be honest and since they don't permanently unlock then you can pass unless you really want them. I only need 5 more figures and 9 power disc to knock out Wave 1 and I haven't spent that much. Used mostly GS store credit.
Like I said the Skylander games are not bad if you can stick to the one character per element rule. At least with the first two games its been that way I don't know how Swap Force is going to play out.

Try to get it all done before Saturday to get the best deals. Somebody in one of these Infinity threads has a roadmap to get everything for the lowest price. As far as power disc go try to avoid them if possible at the stores unless you go all out for them at TRU that's way you can trade doubles for the ones you need and do the "fingernail trick" for the rares.

If you are going to get things I would say get the Starter Pack at TRU and use their 20% off coupon on it. That makes it $60.00 which I don't is a bad deal at all. If you are buying any other Infinity stuff there buy this by itself or the coupon wont trigger sometimes.

And I would do each 3 pack of characters and PM them with the Wal-Mart price of $15.00 each.

So for $125 plus tax you have the game 13 guys and 5 levels @ 4-5 hours each(play-sets) plus the toy-box mode.

p.s.
If you would want to get your last four guys Violet, Dash, Mater, and Francesco you can either get them at TRU for 2 for $21 or K-Mart for 2 for $19.50.
So around $160 for all current not includimg discs?

Ive got $20 BBY and $40 WM currently. Hmm....

Target is will have B2G1 free starting Sunday 09/01/13.

$12.99 Each, Single Characters
Mater, Dash, and Davy Jones, plus 7 more available in stores.
Quantities Limited; no rain checks, Lowest price item will be free.

Thanks to bainbridge's_stache @br.com
I knew something like this would have to come along sooner or later! I'll use it to pick up the last three figures I need (Francesco, Dash and Violet). Thanks!

Nail on the head. I bought the starter pack 2 playsets and the heroes and villains. My kids and myself have more than enough to play. If relatives for X-Mas and Birthdays want to get packs and individual characters go wild I've spent enough and my kids are happy as can be. On top of that I look forward to playing with them. And I could care less about super exclusives just make all the iconic characters available to all.

I'm personally looking forward to

Gizmo Duck

Darkwing Duck

Captain Hook

Phineas and Ferb specifically Doofenshmirtz

Tron

I could go on...lol

p.s.

I picked up the starter set from Gamestop (had it preordered) using the Trade 2 deal, bringing it down to $25 and covered the rest in trade credit. By preordering, I also got picked up Mater and a pack of discs for free.

Target was out of the Lone Ranger and Cars sets, but I was able to get a raincheck for those. The Villians pack I have waiting for store pickup at Walmart, and the Sidekicks is coming from Amazon (3-5 weeks, ugh).

I also have the TRU Mcqueen waiting for pickup at my nearest TRU (and only one with it in-stock).

Almost everything has been paid for in credit/giftcards, so I'm only in cash-wise about $35 (including a few packs of discs my fiance wanted, all have rares.)

Now I'm trying to talk myself out of the purchase.

If I could somehow get the starter set for under $45 out the door I'd be more inclined.

Goin on that $125 number and have $60 in credit between WM and BBY I could shuffle pricematches.

I'm just concerned if I don't buy in this week the prices aren't going to drop that low again for a while.

I would have never bought this if it hadn't been for the B2G1 Target coupon. I'm glad I did, though. I played for hours last night in Monsters Inc and had a blast.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I only played the first Skylander's game, and only with Spyro. With this game, I'm buying basically all of the characters as I am a disney nut. I doubt I'll touch any power discs though (blind bags don't appeal to me). Although if they released a power disc that featured Figment...oh dear, I'd insta-buy that.

p.s.

While still a good chunk of change, it doesn't seem too nuts when laid out like that.

To me, the figures to have some display value regardless of what they're true purpose is for. So if ya dig, go for it.

I just picked up the TRU Crystal Lightening McQueen and had them price-match the Villains pack(Davy Jones, Randy & Syndrome) for $14.96 from Walmart.com.  Spent something like $27 for the both, so I'm pretty happy.

It was me: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318621-disney-infinity-deals-compilation-thread/?p=10993881

:)

p.s.

FYI - I know nothing about the Disney figures but it appears Kmart is having a B2G1 free on singles next week according to the weekly ad I got in the mail today

bread's done
Back