Dusty's Muffler vs Brock Lesnar's Wang Sword Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
28mjlef.jpg

A few threads ago I was saying how Dolph reminds me alot of Billy gunn and some people didn't quite understand how. I give you this.

Q0GQ8.gif

Vintage Mr Ass entrance moves.

[quote name='Spyder187']A few threads ago I was saying how Dolph reminds me alot of Billy gunn[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure nobody disagreed with that.

[quote name='Spyder187']A few threads ago I was saying how Dolph reminds me alot of Billy gunn and some people didn't quite understand how. I give you this.

Q0GQ8.gif

Vintage Mr Ass entrance moves.[/QUOTE]

He keeps that up he's going to have a Chuck in his future.

[quote name='Spyder187']A few threads ago I was saying how Dolph reminds me alot of Billy gunn and some people didn't quite understand how. I give you this.

Q0GQ8.gif

Vintage Mr Ass entrance moves.[/QUOTE]

Well fuck, minus the Dolph marquee in the corner, you could have told me that was The One himself and I might have believed you.

[quote name='neocisco']He keeps that up he's going to have a Chuck in his future.[/QUOTE]

The first line of their entrance music is permanently ingrained in my brain. Anytime a Billy and Chuck reference comes up "You look so good to me" starts running through my brain.

It's odd that WWE, which is usually embarrassingly behind the cultural zeitgeist (hello Brodus Clay's Big Momma), somehow stumbled far ahead in regards to that particular angle. It's especially ironic that of all things they would get the jump on it ended up being homosexual marriage.

Good point. WWE has always heavily-edited SmackDown. Ideally, SmackDown should be live. Just change the house show dates, and voila, added incentive to actually watch the show.

Speaking of Lesnar, WWE's former catchphrase for him, "Here Comes The Pain," is a Slayer song. Random fact. And Hardcore Holly deserved to have his neck broken. From all reports, he was a dickhead who abused his power and roughed up all new/young talent. I'm a fan of Bret Hart's opinion that wrasslers should never intentionally hurt each other. (In that same interview, Hart said he never hurt anyone in the ring in his entire career. Impressive.)

[quote name='Chase']Good point. WWE has always heavily-edited SmackDown. Ideally, SmackDown should be live. Just change the house show dates, and voila, added incentive to actually watch the show.

Speaking of Lesnar, WWE's former catchphrase for him, "Here Comes The Pain," is a Slayer song.[/QUOTE]

What's weirder is "Here Comes The Pain" was supposed to be Test's theme at one point (was going to be on that Forceable Entry album) but they dropped it both from the album and from the plans to have it be Test's theme. Same exact thing happened to the theme Type O Negative did for Kane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scp0hPwhG14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFPxUhwhypY

[quote name='KaneRobot']Same exact thing happened to the theme Type O Negative did for Kane.[/QUOTE]

What was that song? I'm only familiar with the Finger Eleven one which I think was on the Forceable Entry CD.

[quote name='kodave']What was that song? I'm only familiar with the Finger Eleven one which I think was on the Forceable Entry CD.[/QUOTE]

It's posted right below what you were responding to.

Also,

2142001-xpacsteroids_super.jpg

[quote name='KaneRobot']It's posted right below what you were responding to.[/quote]

Ah, only saw Slayer there when I was replying. At any rate... It's better they didn't use that song for Kane.

CM Punk will be the WWE champion for 190 days come Extreme Rules. That makes him the 21st longest reigning champion of all time between his two title runs. Next on the list is The Undertaker with a total of 238 days as champion between four title runs. This reign will have specifically lasted 161 days come Extreme Rules, making it the longest WWE title run since HHH's 210 day run back in 2008.

[quote name='Golden Idol']CM Punk will be the WWE champion for 190 days come Extreme Rules. That makes him the 21st longest reigning champion of all time between his two title runs. Next on the list is The Undertaker with a total of 238 days as champion between four title runs. This reign will have specifically lasted 161 days come Extreme Rules, making it the longest WWE title run since HHH's 210 day run back in 2008.[/QUOTE]

Nothing says "outsider" like a 161 day consecutive title run...

The question is whether after he drops the belt and falls to mid-card (ala the previous longest consecutive title run holder since HHH, Miz), will he go back to bitching and moaning about needing to change the system?

Looking at the title reign history, the shift of thought on long term holders is apparent. John Cena and Pedro Morales both have held the title for 1000+ days. Cena has had 10 runs. Pedro only held it once. Furthermore, Cena would have to hold the championship for about 3 more years to surpass Bob Backlund and get within earshot of Hogan, as breaking Bruno Sammartino's record is outright impossible with booking nowadays.

Sammartino is the Cal Ripken of wrestling. His record is essentially untouchable. Hogan only made it to roughly 60-65% of Bruno's run and he had his initial run for about 4 years. I'm not even counting cumulative title runs, just singular.

[quote name='neocisco']He keeps that up he's going to have a Chuck in his future.[/QUOTE]

He already does have a "Chuck." Why do you think Swagger cut his hair.....

Well that was a waste of a season: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0423/551988/

Source: PWInsider

According to PWInsider.com, WWE has released "Tough Enough" winner Andy Leavine, who had been working at Florida Championship Wrestling under the name Kevin Hackman.
Leavine won the "Tough Enough" series back in 2010. Leavine was used in a few vignettes about his training in WWE, but was never utilized again on the main roster.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0423/551988/#ixzz1st2uHpE5

I don't think they gave him enough of a chance, but he was nowhere near ready anyway so even if he got time, he probably would've fallen flat on his face.

Luke should've won the thing. Sure, he was a bit on the smaller side, but he had a great skill set and a lot of charisma that could've taken him a lot further than Big Andy.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Plus he had "the look", which in WWE terms means "default CAW"[/QUOTE]

Seriously though, the guy had no look and zero coordination. I think he ended his own career the night he won when he no-sold (or poorly sold) that Stunner.

Nobody stood out to me during that season. Except maybe that Jerimiah Riggs guy... but he's apparently a real life prick.

My favorite time of the WWE year. Whose dreams are crushed?

Which talentless fool goes to twitter to complain about never getting a chance, despite having several?

What indie darling gets fucked over?

Who causes the most outrage among the IWC?

This shit's better than Wrestlemania, son.

It doesn't matter who would have won, they never would have gotten anywhere anyway. Has anyone since John Morrison had anything even resembling longevity? He won 10 years ago (!) and I can't recall anyone since that was on Raw or SD for any real length of time. Tough Enough has, by and large, been nothing but a joke. WWE gets the hopes up of a handful of wrestlers and then summarily dismisses all of them, all while using them to sell some advertising time for a limited series when they really didn't stand much of a chance at success in the first place.

[quote name='mykevermin']My favorite time of the WWE year. Whose dreams are crushed?

Which talentless fool goes to twitter to complain about never getting a chance, despite having several?

This shit's better than Wrestlemania, son.[/QUOTE]

Vince hands out pink slips while the WrestleMania Rap blares.

WHOA-OH-OH WHOA-OH-OH WRESTLEMANIA!
FIGHTING TO SURVIVE!
JUST LIKE THAT! *Hands pink slip to Evan Bourne*
JUST LIKE THAT! *Hands pink slip to JTG*

[quote name='mykevermin']My favorite time of the WWE year. Whose dreams are crushed?
[/QUOTE]
Alex Riley
Mason Ryan
[quote name='mykevermin']
[/QUOTE]
Yoshi Tatsu
Curt Hawkins
[/QUOTE]
Kharma
Evan Bourne
[/QUOTE]
Tyson Kidd
Evan Bourne
Kharma
Curt Hawkins
Alex Riley

[quote name='neocisco']Has anyone since John Morrison had anything even resembling longevity?[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJO4r47D1w

And don't even get me started on Home Shopping Network.

EDIT: I don't think there will be too much outrage on might-as-well-get-used-to-calling-him-Matt-Sydal, RvB. Dude got himself in trouble. Kharma, yeah, sure.

Curt Hawkins? Even his own mother is betting he'll get released. Dude is less interesting than a giant cardboard box.

... who, exactly, will be outraged over Evan Bourne?

I'm hard-pressed to remember a clearer case of 'fucking yourself over'.

(somehow my post-blind-date comments didn't show up.) so...

EDIT: I don't think there will be too much outrage on might-as-well-get-used-to-calling-him-Matt-Sydal, RvB. Dude got himself in trouble. Kharma, yeah, sure.

Curt Hawkins? Even his own mother is betting he'll get released. Dude is less interesting than a giant cardboard box.

I'm actually a big fan of Curt Hawkins. I just don't think he's given enough time to shine. Him and Reks are awesome on NXT.

[quote name='mykevermin'](somehow my post-blind-date comments didn't show up.) so...

Curt Hawkins? Even his own mother is betting he'll get released. Dude is less interesting than a giant cardboard box.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Curt Hawkins merely from his Zack Ryder connection but on the other hand most Zack Ryder fans at this point don't remember/care about the time they spent together. Every HBK needs their Marty Jannetty though...

Evan Bourne, eh, I dunno. Knowing WWE though they probably won't even release him anyway just for the simple fact that we're expecting it. The rest, I'm betting I'll have at least a 75% guessed correctly within the next 3 months.

Hell, I'm betting the only reason they had Kharma at the Rumble is for maximum deniability of releasing a pregnant woman. Now they can just say it's because she hasn't "got it" anymore.

Speaking of Reks, he just replied to me on Twitter for probably the 4th or 5th time. I love wrestlers that actually respond to their fans. Have any of you talked to any wrestlers on Twitter or anything?

I once tried to get Raven and Saturn's autograph after WCW Thunder. They did not seem to be impressed by the fact that I know Raven's real first name. What a mark.

My ex ran into Batista in Las Vegas a few years back. She called me up when he was right there and I totally froze on the phone with him. I wanted to at least tell him that his then-recent WM match against Undertaker stole the show but I didn't get around to it. What a mark.

Back in 1997ish when Stevie Richards was going through a neck injury/surgery scare, I found his real email through some Firepro board and wished him good luck. He said thanks. What a mark.

For all the years that this sport/industry has entertained me, I've had very little interaction with the people in it. Oh well, no biggie.

[quote name='kodave']Ah, only saw Slayer there when I was replying. At any rate... It's better they didn't use that song for Kane.[/QUOTE]

Hell no. His themes were shit from the time he had the half mask until he came back in December.

I'd say the reaction to a Kharma release would generate the most overblown outrage. Incredible cross-section of "she's better than everyone else on the roster!" and "she just lost her baby, you monsters!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back