Dusty's Muffler vs Brock Lesnar's Wang Sword Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to an indie show w/ a friend of mine last year. Mickie James mistook me for one of the workers.

There's not a lot more to the story than that. No Alicia Fox "She tried to bang me in the club" ending.

I've met a number of people in my life, wrestlers and otherwise, and never been impressed with "celebrity." I enjoy having banal conversations with people. Except the irony is the most banal, the most average, of all wrestlers - Mick Foley - I *always* clam up each time I meet him. Drives me insane. I get all a flutter of a guy wearing black sweatpants and white high-top sneakers IN PUBLIC. Jesus fucking Christ.

I've probably met a couple dozen wrestlers, not too hard to do living in Atlanta. Most of them are just fine chatting for a couple of minutes as long as you don't come across as an uber mark. I've stayed in touch with a few of them for periods of time. Just play it cool and they'll usually be nice to you. Except New Jack. I don't like to use the term butthead too often as it would lose it's impact but I can say without hesitation that New Jack is a real dick.

I've had the opportunity to meet with quite a few wrestlers, both past and present, thanks to the Dreamwave promotion. For those of you that don't know, it's a local promotion run out of Illinois and the shows are only 20 minutes away from me. Each month, they have a special guest and it usually happens to be a former WWE wrestler or some kind of alumni. In the past, they've had guys such as Luke Gallows, Kevin Nash, Finlay, Tommy Dreamer, Chavo Guerrero, Colt Cabana, Jerry Lawler, Tyler Black, and a bunch others. CM Punk actually got his start wrestling in this promotion which is pretty cool. Ultimate Warrior is rumored to be showing up at some point in the near future so I will damn sure be attending that show. The wrestling itself is pretty cheesy, but it's a good show nonetheless and it's always fun to see some legends.

Another interaction I had was at my local gas station, about 10 minutes from my house. I was leaving my girlfriend's house and filling up on gas before I went home and I shit you not, in walk Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder. I knew there was a house show in my area that night, but still, the gas station was quite a ways away from the show and practically in the middle of nowhere. They look tired as hell so I didn't bother them much, but I did talk to them for a little bit. I think this was towards the end of last summer, maybe August. Funny enough, they probably didn't know they'd eventually feud over the US title several months later.

[quote name='mykevermin']Who was the first one cut from the show?[/QUOTE]

Ariane, now known as Cameron AKA one of Brodus Clay's dancers.

Nova IM'ed me about a custom figure I made of him once. Shane Helms got pissy with me when he asked me to make him one and I said "I'm sure we can work out a deal" thinking I could get a signed something or other and he replied with "I think you made enough money off of me". (I made about 450 dollars between a few of his 3 count/Sugar Shane looks)

[quote name='neocisco']It doesn't matter who would have won, they never would have gotten anywhere anyway. Has anyone since John Morrison had anything even resembling longevity? He won 10 years ago (!) and I can't recall anyone since that was on Raw or SD for any real length of time. Tough Enough has, by and large, been nothing but a joke. WWE gets the hopes up of a handful of wrestlers and then summarily dismisses all of them, all while using them to sell some advertising time for a limited series when they really didn't stand much of a chance at success in the first place.[/QUOTE]

The Miz

Actually, I think we've had this same conversation before. :lol:

[quote name='diddy310']Nova IM'ed me about a custom figure I made of him once. Shane Helms got pissy with me when he asked me to make him one and I said "I'm sure we can work out a deal" thinking I could get a signed something or other and he replied with "I think you made enough money off of me". (I made about 450 dollars between a few of his 3 count/Sugar Shane looks)[/QUOTE]

So he wanted your free labor from you and you declined?

Nice. Too many marks in this world would have done the work for free and then bragged about it. Yeesh.

I was like 15 at the time and it was the most money I had seen at once at that point and yeah...I don't work for free no matter how much I like your wrestling.

[quote name='Tsel']Ariane, now known as Cameron AKA one of Brodus Clay's dancers.[/QUOTE]

AKA the one whose favorite match of all time was Alicia Fox vs. Melina...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Miz

Actually, I think we've had this same conversation before. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Fair point. I was actually thinking about people who won TE. And I think you're right, this does seem vaguely familiar. :)

Was Kenny King a Tough Enough contestant?

There's something there to be said about making it in the indies for sure. And it's not like he's known as a "Tough Enough guy." Same can be said about Matt Morgan, yeah?

Re: interactions with wrestlers online...

The Blue Meanie once IM'd my at-the-time girlfriend while her and I and a bunch of my friends were in the old AOL WWF chatroom. It was weird as hell. He was staying stuff like "so you're awful quiet..." "where are you from?" etc.

That old AOL room used to be really funny actually...midcarders frequently stopped in there. Not at all uncommon to see "WWFThrashr" "WWFTest" or "WWFPierceIt" (Albert) randomly popping up (there was a guard in place so only WWF employees could have WWF prefixes in their screename). As you'd expect their typing was pretty suspect - I still talk to most of those same people that frequented that chatroom today and Thrasher's errantly spelled "HA HA JA" and "TES" were memes to us before the word memes existed.

Another moment included being present when Sunny was in there (post-WWF departure) and getting her chat privileges revoked for 15 minutes for saying "we're tired of all the fucking drug rumors." Same thing happened when a bunch of us were making fun of Test and he said "fuck YOU (name of my friend)!!"

My favorite moment would definitely be a friend asking (spelling error intentional) "So, ABLERT, what do you think of X-Factor's theme music?"

WWFPierceIt: SUX

[quote name='mykevermin']Was Kenny King a Tough Enough contestant?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. From the Jackie Gayda/Linda Miles season.

Don't forget that Raw is three hours tonight.

/edit: Ah, WWF on AOL. Won a shirt from them by answering who won the world heavyweight title the fastest (Diesel, from Bob Backlund). I wonder if I can find it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Was Kenny King a Tough Enough contestant?

There's something there to be said about making it in the indies for sure. And it's not like he's known as a "Tough Enough guy." Same can be said about Matt Morgan, yeah?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Second season.

Although he doesn't wrestle, Josh Matthews was on Tough Enough but he's been on TV (his voice anyway) the longest. Does that count?

Wrestlers I've met:

Marty Jannety - At In Your House: It's Time, he walked by the front of the arena. It was a quick "Hello" and handshake but it was cool anyway.

The Warlord - This was during the time when I was trying out pro wrestling while in high school. He stopped by from time to time and gave advice (I even received forearm shots from him.) Great guy. And although I didn't talk to them, I saw Tatanka, Marty Jannety (again), and Norman Smiley during that time period.

Hurricane Helms - Met him in San Diego Comic Con walking around. He had a neck brace on. SUPER nice guy; didn't come off as a jerk or anything.

Also at Comic Con I saw RVD walking by and didn't approach, but later that day I met:

Christy Hemme and Gail Kim - This was a few years ago and I was nervous as hell since I didn't watch TNA and didn't know what to talk about. The very first thing I did was apologize to Gail Kim for missing her first run on WWE (this was during the time I stopped watching Raw when Goldberg was on the roster. Yeah, I didn't watch or follow Raw for an entire year). She was touched and it helped talk about what was going on with them now (er, then).

I had a picture taken with them but the photo setting made the picture come out in a tint color (curse you TSA for ruining my camera) so I had another picture with them talking in color. Not long after that, Gail left TNA and went to WWE. It was like she wanted to make sure I saw her. :D

Orlando Jordan - Stopped by at the place I worked and asked me where the small appliances were.

I remember the AOL WWF chatroom but I was always there when Howard Finkel was hosting trivia.

[quote name='Scorch']Don't forget that Raw is three hours tonight.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the headsup, but I'm waaayyyy too into NHL playoffs right now, with NY Rangers facing elimination tonight (yay!) and Chicago Blackhawks doing the same (boooo!).

Bringing up the AOL WWF chat room reminds me (most specifically, KaneRobot's recollection about the protected "WWF" user names) that I emailed Kevin Kelly via AOL to ask about the truth to the rumors that the Disciples of the Apocalypse were initially planned to be Demolition, but they couldn't arrange to secure the image and music rights from Bill Eadie. He, to my recollection, confirmed that that was the original plan, but didn't specify how far that plan made it before they shelved it in favor of quasi-white-supremacist biker dudes.

[quote name='Tsel']Skip Sheffield/Ryback was also a contestant on Tough Enough.[/QUOTE]

YUP YUP YUP WHAT IT DO.

I will never be able to do anything but laugh hysterically at Skip Sheffield, no matter how much they want to make him into Brakkus.

[quote name='Cage017']Orlando Jordan - Stopped by at the place I worked and asked me where the small appliances were.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why this made me laugh out loud, but it did.

I'm going to the Extreme Reunion show this weekend. Like the NJPW show last year, I'll post pics.

I think i saw some real tears in Cena's eyes after that Edge promo on him. I mean in all honesty, hearing a guy that can no longer go, that was in his prime come down and chew your ass like Edge did, even in a Kayfabe sport, is a moving moment.

[quote name='mykevermin']Thanks for the headsup, but I'm waaayyyy too into NHL playoffs right now, with NY Rangers facing elimination tonight (yay!) and Chicago Blackhawks doing the same (boooo!).[/QUOTE]

Nashville plays the winner. I really hope Blackhawks win because I think we could walk all over them. Phoenix would give us a legitimate challenge.

[quote name='Spyder187']I think i saw some real tears in Cena's eyes after that Edge promo on him. I mean in all honesty, hearing a guy that can no longer go, that was in his prime come down and chew your ass like Edge did, even in a Kayfabe sport, is a moving moment.[/QUOTE]

Edge is one of the few guys I would believe that promo from. There's undeniable proof that being a wrestler was the only thing he ever wanted.

Well, yeah, I don't think many people have "make a straight-to-video piece of shit movie with a washed-up, middle-aged never-was like Jamie Kennedy" on their bucketlist.

Well. Glad I decided not to go since I forgot it was 3 hours.

Was that actually Paul Bearer? Something looked weird about him.

[quote name='mykevermin']I emailed Kevin Kelly via AOL to ask about the truth to the rumors that the Disciples of the Apocalypse were initially planned to be Demolition, but they couldn't arrange to secure the image and music rights from Bill Eadie. He, to my recollection, confirmed that that was the original plan, but didn't specify how far that plan made it before they shelved it[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. Never heard that. While one part of me wishes it happened since I was thre for DOA's debut and would have flipped the fuck out, the rest of me would prefer to "leave the memories alone."

wooo WWE live from fort wayne June 25

but come on

PUNK VS JERICHO No DQ match for the Title

meaning they are going to drag this stupid PUNK jericho on that freaking long

[quote name='Spyder187']I think i saw some real tears in Cena's eyes after that Edge promo on him. I mean in all honesty, hearing a guy that can no longer go, that was in his prime come down and chew your ass like Edge did, even in a Kayfabe sport, is a moving moment.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaneRobot']Well. Glad I decided not to go since I forgot it was 3 hours.

Was that actually Paul Bearer? Something looked weird about him.
[/QUOTE]

God damn it, did I miss the seemingly best hour of Raw?

Jericho and Riley (why?) caught CM Punk "drinking" backstage. Made him take a public sobriety test in the ring. Punk played it up, said WWF universe, failed both tests, got stripped of the belt.. Then revealed he faked the whole thing and jumped Jericho and got the belt back and left.

They totally spliced in footage from Miami's Raw. They showed the fan from ringside in Miami when Brock came out, wearing the same camp shirt he was wearing when Brock returned. That fan is not at ringside in Detroit (that I can see).

[quote name='neocisco']Was that during a Lesnar segment?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when he came out tonight. Give it a few hours, there will be a gif on the net of this guy. I'm guessing they filmed him for a while in Miami to use footage for upcoming weeks.

Unless the guy is the new Faith No More guy.

[quote name='Scorch']/edit: Ah, WWF on AOL. Won a shirt from them by answering who won the world heavyweight title the fastest (Diesel, from Bob Backlund). I wonder if I can find it.[/QUOTE]

Why do I remember that? Hmm. (Not the story in particular, but that specific AOL chatroom contest.)

Late to the party. I met a bunch of All-Pro Wrestling guys in the late-1990s/early-2000s. Christopher Daniels, Suicide Kid, Donovan Morgan, Michael Modest, Tony Jones. One time, while visiting WCW's restaurant in Las Vegas, I met Disco Inferno near closing time.

That's about it. I've never went out of my way to meet wrasslers. And I've never been to a meet-and-greet expo because I think they're depressing.

wwe.com reports Beth Phoenix suffered a probable sprained ankle. The Torch reports it was Cena's birthday:

After Raw went off the air, they set up the dark main event.

(1) John Cena & WWE champion C.M. Punk beat Chris Jericho & Kane. During the match, Punk did some more funny staggering and saluted John Laurinaitis.

After the match, WWE threw John Cena a birthday party. Vince McMahon, Triple H, and the wrestlers in street clothes came out to sing Happy Birthday to Cena. Great Khali sang solo. The Divas then came out for a "pig pile" on Cena.

And as far as we know, Paul Bearer is still in the freezer.

Sweet. Bearer will get out of that freezer about the same time we find out who was behind GTV.

Is this the third or fourth time Bearer has died? Concrete burial, murdered by Edge, Paulscicle in the freezer at JLA...is that it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fan was actually there, didnt seem like the respliced it.

Also,

BrockandFan.gif

Looks like I was wrong and he actually WAS there. Has to be a friend of Brock's or something. They apparently showed him on the 4/9 Raw too.

61B2l.png

He's a goofball lookin' guy. I remember seeing his reaction when he first debuted and I thought to myself (1) man, they'll use that footage forever and (2) that's a grown adult acting that way.

I'm surprised because this looked legit:

WWE sources confirmed to PWInsider today that Beth Phoenix is not injured and the apparent injury on RAW last night was part of the storyline to explain the title change. Beth sold the injury so good that a number of people backstage thought she was legitimately hurt. Beth was still selling the injury after leaving the arena last night and at the airport this morning in front of fans.

Buff's in ICU

This afternoon Buff Bagwell was involved in a serious car accident. He is believed to be in a Intensive Care Unit.

More on this as the story develops.

WWE is attempting to turn "YESing" into the next phenomenon similar to "Tebowing." They are asking fans to take photos of themselves doing the "YES!" pose like Daniel Bryan and tweet them with the hashtag #YESing. WWE will share the photos on their website.

And people are already posting hundreds of pictures. http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/#yesing

The only part of Beth's injury that I didn't fall for was her acting. She's been injured in the past and didn't really seem like she was in that much pain. Granted, the injury could've been different, but it just seemed like she was overreacting.

The drop down to ringside and the actual "spraining" of the ankle looked pretty realistic and the awkward shuffle of all the divas around made it seem legit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back