Fourth Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios in post 439!)

I'm doing this for work, so I figured I might as well enter it in here for shiggles... If you couldn't figure it out, my Yahoo name is 'BigDavideo' . Thanks OP - this should be fun.

How come I don't see alot of these new people in the Group?

Also, I just got my picks in. I have Kansas winning it all.

EDIT:

I see, I was only looking at the Top 10.

Good luck everyone, first year participating and I can't wait to see how this shakes out. Too bad my Hokies got the shaft...

[quote name='Poolking99']Good luck everyone, first year participating and I can't wait to see how this shakes out. Too bad my Hokies got the shaft...[/quote]

yea, 1 win in the top 50 will do that to ya...my friend goes there and is pretty mad too

Wow, really good turnout this year. If I remember right, we were in the 80's last year. Be even harder to win this year.

I've changed the results of my semis and finals 3 times in the past day. I just can't decide what I want to do. Last year it all seemed obvious to me. This year I'm all thrown off.

In. Bracket name is same as cag sn, darkcecil32.

I made picks that I want to see happen this year, not actually the ones I think will happen. Ever since the initial gonzaga run in 99, I've become a huge mid-major fan come tourney time, and I've always rooted for underdogs. I think butler got the shaft with a 7 seed (imho they should have been a 4...5 at the lowest)...they have essentially the entire roster back from last year and that was a sweet sixteen team iirc. I hope butler,drake, and the cinderella that started it all, gonzaga, all shine this year.

Note: My bracket is so fubarred this year in teh final four...I picked 3 #1 seeds and a #2 for the final four. That's poisonous. I just want to see N. Carolina v Kansas in the final four, though. And I have duke going there when just a few days ago, I didn't think they'd get past the sweet sixteen and may struggle in the second round! Doh for being a loyal dukie...doh!!

Well I've never done anything like this before, and I haven't been keeping up on college ball, but I'm in... bracket name PleasantOne.

and even though I bet against them in the second round... may I say... LETS GO WILDCATS! Prove me wrong!

Just signed up, yahoo ID crash_0213 and Bracket Name Farking Fantastic. It's gonna be Louisville and Memphis at the end with Louisville winning. Mark my words.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

wouldnt that be funny if that was the finals for the NIT bracket

Wonder why noone does NIT brackets anymore (probally lack of interest in these low ranked teams)

Joined. In the Final Four, I have Georgetown, Tennessee, Xavier, and St. Mary's. My big upsets are Cornell > Stanford and Marquette, Cal State > Wisconsin, St. Mary's > Texas and Memphis, Drake > UCLA, Notre Dame > UNC, Vandy > Kansas, and West Virginia > Duke.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just signed up, under my user name...watch out for Clemson they've been fire lately :)[/quote]

Betcha Nova's gonna beat them. :D

I don't think so, either. Nova was one of the last teams to get in. I think they were lucky to get in without beating georgetown. Although they did get robbed of two wins including against said georgetown in the regular season, and I bet that came into play...

I just finished combing through the list of entrants, connecting them to CAG accounts, and ended up with nine that I couldn't find corresponding CAGs so I had to boot them. If that was you, feel free to sign back up if you can make sure the bracket name is your CAG name or posting here that that bracket is your bracket.

You still have 7.5 hours until tipoff, so there's time to sign up, which I go back through once more closer to the tipoff for the final sweep. Thanks again to everybody that's signed up and good luck to everyone to at least not have an embarassingly bad bracket. If you have yet to fill in your bracket, what are you doing reading this and not filling it in?

Man, got in even later than last time - it is 5:40 AM Pacific. I think you can figure mine out Frisky. I have no idea what I'm doing this year - don't have a good hunch on a non-1 seed in the Final Four like I did 2 years ago (with UCLA).

Just for fun I made another Yahoo bracket (not entered in the CAG group of course) that is just random picks made with the Yahoo random pick selector. Now, I have to admit, I redid it until the Final Four looked reasonable, but I kept all the early upsets intact and the champion is Wash St. so that is pretty damn unlikely (and no 1 seeds in the Final Four). Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this scores any worse than my official CAG entry :lol:.

I'm in with the same bracket name as my user: Mrs. Backlash.

I know it probably looks like I joined just for this but I've been lurking using my husbands account until now.

Thanks for not booting me :)

less than 2 hours til KU destroys Portland st!!!! Glad i have the next 4 days off work, Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!!

Whew just barely got in under teh deadline. Good luck everyone. I didn't do anything too crazy. My final four are UNC, Memphis, UCLA and Geargetown which I honestly don't think will happen. I really don't like my UCLA picks.

[quote name='Tecka']ahha Georgia final 4![/quote]

In our dreams... ;)

Just entered my picks. Bracket name is my user name.

[quote name='io']Man, got in even later than last time - it is 5:40 AM Pacific. I think you can figure mine out Frisky. I have no idea what I'm doing this year - don't have a good hunch on a non-1 seed in the Final Four like I did 2 years ago (with UCLA).

Just for fun I made another Yahoo bracket (not entered in the CAG group of course) that is just random picks made with the Yahoo random pick selector. Now, I have to admit, I redid it until the Final Four looked reasonable, but I kept all the early upsets intact and the champion is Wash St. so that is pretty damn unlikely (and no 1 seeds in the Final Four). Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this scores any worse than my official CAG entry :lol:.[/quote]
Better late than never. I did one of those random ones, too, and ended up adjusting the usual 1's and 2's getting upset in the first round or two and let the rest keep the randomness.

[quote name='Mrs. Backlash']I'm in with the same bracket name as my user: Mrs. Backlash.

I know it probably looks like I joined just for this but I've been lurking using my husbands account until now.

Thanks for not booting me :)[/quote]
No problem. I figured that's who you were, so thanks for confirming that for me.

I went through the recent entries and two aren't showing up on CAG. Whoever VUBBALL and JnHolmesJr are, you need to be making a post here ASAP or you're getting bumped in a bit.

bread's done
Back