Fourth Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios in post 439!)

[quote name='Chitown021']Nice first half so far for the K-State Wildcats. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

It figures USC would screw me over. As a Cal fan, they always screw me over on the field (in football, anyway). And now I bet on them to win and they screw me over by playing pathetically. Freaking bastards - never again. I guess I'm done with this pool - I had them in the Elite 8 ;).

Ooh, and Duke is losing now. I had them in the Final Four on my first draft but then I think I changed it so they lost to Arizona instead. That might work out for me in the long run (assuming Arizona, another team I despise with a passion, doesn't choke it like USC).

[quote name='io']It figures USC would screw me over. As a Cal fan, they always screw me over on the field (in football, anyway). And now I bet on them to win and they screw me over by playing pathetically. Freaking bastards - never again. I guess I'm done with this pool - I had them in the Elite 8 ;).

Ooh, and Duke is losing now. I had them in the Final Four on my first draft but then I think I changed it so they lost to Arizona instead. That might work out for me in the long run (assuming Arizona, another team I despise with a passion, doesn't choke it like USC).[/quote]

Kansas is the team that normally screws me in the bracket. I hate Kansas so I try to make my picks with my head and not my heart. Years when I pick KU to lose early, they go to the final four. Years when I pick them to go to the final four, they crap out to teams like Bucknell and Bradley:bomb:

SERIOUSLY DUKE! I don't have you going far but could you at least make it past the first round!

duke barely pulled one out there, but I hate how they switched back and forth from that game and the K-state game every 20 seconds

Yeah, that Duke game was much too close. I don't think I have them losing until the elite 8 in any of the brackets I made.

Well crap, here comes my first loss. I always pick A&M to win, first year I don't...they actually win.

Eh, no big deal though...I didn't have BYU beating UCLA lol.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Jesus how the :fuck: does Duke almost :fuck:ing lose to Belmont?[/quote]

Duke's just really mediocre this year, they really didn't deserve the two seed. Here's to them losing to WVU in the second round this year! ...At least that's what I have...

Looks like a definite divide in the top of the standings right now, with a group of perfects/near perfects and the group that has made some mistakes.

Its been all chalk so far aside from stupid ass USC losing. I consider an 8-9 game chalk so Im not counting TAMU.

Could've been a helluva bracket busting day had Xavier and Duke lost. My bracket is ok aside from gay UNLV and K-State lol.

[quote name='CD6405']Duke's just really mediocre this year, they really didn't deserve the two seed. Here's to them losing to WVU in the second round this year! ...At least that's what I have...[/QUOTE]

I have them losing to WVU as well.

Damn, I've already missed 2 games. I have no idea why I picked Kent St. to win, and the USC-Kansas St. game was just a gamble on whether Kansas would play good or not, so I'm not too upset about that one. I still haven't lost anyone that I had winning more than 1 game.

ah, wth! yahoo didn't register my pick for the national championship winner...i swear i put north carolina in and i even put in the predicted score for the tie breaker...*yells and shakes fist at sky*

what a terrible day of first games...the duke belmont game was epic but the rest of the day was underwhelming...hopefully cal st fulterton can knock off the badgers and add a bit of excitement and drama to the day...

OK, remember what I said about USC screwing me over? Same for Arizona now. Damn mildcats! They *always* do this to me. So they ruin Cal's Rose Bowl 2 years ago for no reason (they didn't even go to a bowl themselves), they always win in Bball, yet they choke and fail in tourney. Typical...

I'm aiming for last place in the pool!

But the way this is going Cal may be the last Pac-10 team playing (they're in the NIT and won last night), so that's cool ;).

Arizona sucked this year, io, so they had no business being picked.

Looks like I'll finish off the night with four straight wins for 12 total for today.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Arizona sucked this year, io, so they had no business being picked.

Looks like I'll finish off the night with four straight wins for 12 total for today.[/QUOTE]

Well, I follow the Pac-10 pretty closely and it was a tough league. I bought into that Bayless/Nic Wise returning thing making them a much better team than they had been most of the year. Oh well... Hopefully they lose a couple players to the NBA and don't win a game next year. Here's to hoping...

Congrats to everyone (3 of you) who went 16 for 16. I somehow went 15/16 and am riding K-State past Wisconsin as my big upset of the next round. Or is it my West Virginia over Duke. That one actually looks good right now. Anyways, I see some major separation coming after tomorrow's games. I feel it is going to be upset central.

[quote name='naes']16 for 16. I think this is my best start.[/quote]

yea, probably my best start in pickem history...these next few days + 2nd round will be tough though..that's what separates the men from the boys haha

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, probably my best start in pickem history...these next few days + 2nd round will be tough though..that's what separates the men from the boys haha[/quote]
I got your Tarheels winning it all :lol:

Damn you Arizona! I should have known better, that was a hate pick more than anything. I picked Arizona because of my hate for Huggins. I also have K-State going one more round.

Looks like I missed two in the first round. For some reason I picked Winthop over Washington State and I missed West Virginia over AZ.

14 out of 16 for me. I didn't pick the lone mini-upset and my upset pick (George Mason) didn't pan out. Had a feeling there weren't going to be a ton of upsets in the first round, but maybe today will be different.

[quote name='naes']Oh God, Drake is going to fuck me over....[/quote]

Yeah, Western Kentucky is shooting unbelievably from behind the arc. It's absolutely ridiculous.

[quote name='naes']Oh God, Drake is going to fuck me over....[/quote]

stop overreacting...you only have them winning the first game just like everyone else :lol:

[quote name='swetooth9']stop overreacting...you only have them winning the first game just like everyone else :lol:[/quote]
One point could mean life or death!

bread's done
Back