Free 2 Month Blockbuster Total Access

Kosley

CAGiversary!
Free 2 months of Blockbuster Total Access for new members (1, 2, or 3-out at a time)

1. Go to www.blockbuster.com/transfer

2. Go to the bottom of the page, on the left side under terms and conditions click the two small dots (Picture)

3. On the next page put store number "91271" and password "bbonline"

4. Next page where it says dish id put "666441"

5. Then sign up and enjoy 2 months of free movies, games, and blu-ray rentals!

This promotion is used for the B&M stores that are closing. Just be sure to cancel before your 2 months is up or it will auto bill you

Updated: 01-20-13
Credit: gamerguy223

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lllGurulll']That just changed last night. Before that they did have the status in that column. Don't know what changed.

Also a question....
Does blockbuster handle returns the same way netflix does in that they see you have started the return process via the USPS and they send out the next title immediately or do they wait until they receive the returned title before sending out the next one.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Netflix actually did that, but I've always been a next-day-each-way person so it wouldn't matter. Blockbuster does not, but if you have a Blockbuster near you and you don't want to do the in-store exchange, you can have the rentals "checked in" at the store. It immediately frees up a queue slot, and in theory you should have a new disc sent to you the next day. It doesn't always happen because Blockbuster has terrible title availability.

You should take the online rentals in store and have them scanned in. It takes seconds. Don't just put them in the dropbox. Otherwise they don't bother to scan those in and just make a post office drop once a week even though the mail comes daily. I used to do that because almost everything I rented from Blockbuster Online is not carried in stores and I get new movies from my library.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I mainly want to rent Asura's Wrath and possibly Driver again. Maybe their some movies on that list as well.[/QUOTE]

In case you didn't know, Asura's Wrath won't be available to rent until June 5th.

[quote name='lllGurulll']That just changed last night. Before that they did have the status in that column. Don't know what changed.

Also a question....
Does blockbuster handle returns the same way netflix does in that they see you have started the return process via the USPS and they send out the next title immediately or do they wait until they receive the returned title before sending out the next one.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do

There's a blockbuster KINDA near me, it's at least close to my gym, so I can go before I work out. I'm assuming the in-store exchange is probably only on movies and not games.

The service looks worse than it did a few years ago when I was using it. No free streaming is lame, but I already have netflix, so whatever.

What annoys me is SOME movie titles will say "Add to Queue" or whatever, and I'll add them, then go to the Queue and they'll say "Unavailable." WTF?! If it's unavailable, they should remove the "Add" button, or remove the whole entry.

You can exchange games in-store.

My Queue isn't even showing availability. The column is there but none of the games have anything listed.

[quote name='JoeyIA']You can exchange games in-store.

My Queue isn't even showing availability. The column is there but none of the games have anything listed.[/QUOTE]
You can exchange in-store, true, but there are restrictions. You can only exchange a game you've rented online for a 99 cent in-store game (as opposed to the newer, $2 and $3 games).

Here's a decent bonus I just was told from a csr after canceling: I have 30 days to return the games I have from date of cancelation. Gives me time to beat the ones I have before returning.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Here's a decent bonus I just was told from a csr after canceling: I have 30 days to return the games I have from date of cancelation. Gives me time to beat the ones I have before returning.[/QUOTE]

I would be careful of what someone says on the phone to you versus what is written on the website so they don't charge you for it.

As stated in the terms and conditions of your Blockbuster By Mail subscription, all outstanding rentals must be received by Blockbuster no later than ten (10) days after your inactivation date.

[quote name='mokmoof']You can exchange in-store, true, but there are restrictions. You can only exchange a game you've rented online for a 99 cent in-store game (as opposed to the newer, $2 and $3 games).[/QUOTE]Since when did they start charging 3 dollars a game? Last time I rented from Blockbuster I paid over 8 dollars.

[quote name='ijustw1n']It was via email but that's a good point.[/QUOTE]

Actually the last time I had a blockbuster subscription was around January and I can confirm that this is the case. You essentially have an extra 30 days to finish your game after you cancel. They'll send you an email and tell you when is the last day for you to return it without being charged.

[quote name='howard']I didn't know Netflix actually did that, but I've always been a next-day-each-way person so it wouldn't matter. Blockbuster does not, but if you have a Blockbuster near you and you don't want to do the in-store exchange, you can have the rentals "checked in" at the store. It immediately frees up a queue slot, and in theory you should have a new disc sent to you the next day. It doesn't always happen because Blockbuster has terrible title availability.

You should take the online rentals in store and have them scanned in. It takes seconds. Don't just put them in the dropbox. Otherwise they don't bother to scan those in and just make a post office drop once a week even though the mail comes daily. I used to do that because almost everything I rented from Blockbuster Online is not carried in stores and I get new movies from my library.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately all the blockbusters in my city went out of business so I don't have that option.

Just got my question answered though. I sent a movie back yesterday and the next one shipped out today. Damn fast.

[quote name='Kromis']Actually the last time I had a blockbuster subscription was around January and I can confirm that this is the case. You essentially have an extra 30 days to finish your game after you cancel. They'll send you an email and tell you when is the last day for you to return it without being charged.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this was the case when my local BB closed up and we signed up for multiple "free trials" after being encouraged by the employees. The promo was that you got to keep any 2 used movies off the shelf - including blu's in addition to the free 30 day trial.

Upon cancelling, I promptly returned 1 game exactly 25 days after my membership was closed without any problems.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Unfortunately all the blockbusters in my city went out of business so I don't have that option.

Just got my question answered though. I sent a movie back yesterday and the next one shipped out today. Damn fast.[/QUOTE]

called fast return.. most places have this.. now getting the movie to you will take 2 to 4 days though..

still even with fast return only 1 package per week.

12 movies for 20 is way too much

I am going to take advantage of this deal. Games shipped yesterday and got my games today. I have been wanting to play Kirby return to dreamland, hopefully it become available soon.

[quote name='nypickle']In case you didn't know, Asura's Wrath won't be available to rent until June 5th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I just noticed that. I can rent games in store as well right? I'm going to hit them up before I head to work tomorrow. They're right around the corner.

[quote name='nypickle']In case you didn't know, Asura's Wrath won't be available to rent until June 5th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I just noticed that. I can rent games in store as well right? I'm going to hit them up before I head to work tomorrow. They're right around the corner.

Edit: Asura's Wrath is in stock. Definitely picking that one up tomorrow. This will be a great deal for my girlfriend and I since we love playing games and watching movies. There's three Blockbuster locations around us. Thanks again OP!:applause:

[quote name='mokmoof']You can exchange in-store, true, but there are restrictions. You can only exchange a game you've rented online for a 99 cent in-store game (as opposed to the newer, $2 and $3 games).[/QUOTE]

So I can't rent a game without having one to turn in? That's lame. I'm going to check, and see what they say.

Deal is alive just did it. It's two small dots at the bottom left page all the way at the bottom.

So there's no way to rent new releases in stores?

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up and picked the 3 out at a time. Even if I only get a couple things in the end it was free so I won't complain!

another thanks to the OP for this find, apparantly they have a sorting facility in KC, MO, so i got my first 3 movies in 1 day, already watched 2, sent them back, another 1 will be here tomorrow. i figure after a couple weeks ill start getting that "phantom" day long delay like netflix used to do. until then im gonna be living at the PO.

[quote name='slidecage']called fast return.. most places have this.. now getting the movie to you will take 2 to 4 days though..

still even with fast return only 1 package per week.

12 movies for 20 is way too much[/QUOTE]

That might be the case for you but I am literally getting a new movie every 2 days. Send it back on Monday I have a new movie in my hands on Wednesday. I won't gripe about that at all. I've only managed to get one game from them so far but the kids love it so I can live with it for free.

With this shipping speed I could easily pull off 9 movies per week.

What a bunch of crap. Just went in to exchange my 3 movies and included a 2.99 per day game in my instore exchanges and was told the exchange program only covers 1$ per day games. WTF !!

So I exchanged it for a 2.99 per day Blu Ray rental. Are the idiots at Dish smoking crack !!

(p.s of course the real reason is that they are undersupplying the remaining stores with games, and I bet late fees on games far outweigh late fees on movies). 27 Days left on my free month and then it's bye, bye again BB.

[quote name='jigsaw918']not worth it... their game selection is soooo outdated!!! seriously, they should be out of business by now.[/QUOTE]

No worse than Gamefly in my opinion. I could never get any new games on gamefly at all. It was always older games. Hence why I finally cancelled them. They were worthless to me. At least with BB I get first run movies too so I don't feel like I am wasting my money.

[quote name='stoned99']What a bunch of crap. Just went in to exchange my 3 movies and included a 2.99 per day game in my instore exchanges and was told the exchange program only covers 1$ per day games. WTF !!

So I exchanged it for a 2.99 per day Blu Ray rental. Are the idiots at Dish smoking crack !!

(p.s of course the real reason is that they are undersupplying the remaining stores with games, and I bet late fees on games far outweigh late fees on movies). 27 Days left on my free month and then it's bye, bye again BB.[/QUOTE]

Yep it's only the 99 cent game rentals you can exchange for free. Otherwise you have to pay like 5 bucks to hold onto a $2.99 rental.

[quote name='lllGurulll']That might be the case for you but I am literally getting a new movie every 2 days. Send it back on Monday I have a new movie in my hands on Wednesday. I won't gripe about that at all. I've only managed to get one game from them so far but the kids love it so I can live with it for free.

With this shipping speed I could easily pull off 9 movies per week.[/QUOTE]

maybe in your free period but once you go into payment they will throttle your BIG TIME

i was doing a 3 time turn around on netflix and boom as soon as i was a paying member i fell to 1 turn around

[quote name='slidecage']maybe in your free period but once you go into payment they will throttle your BIG TIME

i was doing a 3 time turn around on netflix and boom as soon as i was a paying member i fell to 1 turn around[/QUOTE]

Odds are I won't stay with BB anyway but that is interesting to hear if true. Kind of BS if they throttle the paying members.

[quote name='Kromis']Yep it's only the 99 cent game rentals you can exchange for free. Otherwise you have to pay like 5 bucks to hold onto a $2.99 rental.[/QUOTE]

Is Rayman Origins one of the .99 cent rentals? The local store didn't have anything in stock really....

Blockbuster I think the deal on the homepage is worth it. It's 30 days, and it's unlimited rentals in store. It includes games and movies. Hope this helps somebody out. If not, I'll just knock out the movies I want to watch from them and cancel before I get charged.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Blockbuster I think the deal on the homepage is worth it. It's 30 days, and it's unlimited rentals in store. It includes games and movies. Hope this helps somebody out. If not, I'll just knock out the movies I want to watch from them and cancel before I get charged.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Deal op I signed up, and since im near a store ill do some exchanges!

WOOO Let the Throttle being..

sent movies back they got them back tuesday said you next movies will ship soon have 8 movies showing NOW

Tuesday = your next movies will ship soon
Weds = your next movies will ship soon.

glad im not paying for this

[quote name='slidecage']WOOO Let the Throttle being..

sent movies back they got them back tuesday said you next movies will ship soon have 8 movies showing NOW

Tuesday = your next movies will ship soon
Weds = your next movies will ship soon.

glad im not paying for this[/QUOTE]

I'm going to add a bunch to my queue as well. As for the in store swaps go, this might be a good chance to knock out older games that you didn't get to play beforehand. I picked up the Force Unleashed 2 for the PS3. I owned this game twice, but souped them instantly. My copy of Driver should be here today or tomorrow.

be realistic guys, it costs about $1 in postage just to ship one disk to you and back, so how many movies/games do you think you will get when you pay $10/$20 a month? what would you do if you run netflix/blockbuster?

[quote name='perfectsil']be realistic guys, it costs about $1 in postage just to ship one disk to you and back, so how many movies/games do you think you will get when you pay $10/$20 a month? what would you do if you run netflix/blockbuster?[/QUOTE]

Provide the best customer experience possible because they are paying me to do so. I would consistently have the mindset that any one customer can cancel at any given time and I would do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen.

[quote name='Tsel']Provide the best customer experience possible because they are paying me to do so. I would consistently have the mindset that any one customer can cancel at any given time and I would do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

How are you planning to do that? How do u ship movie faster without increasing your own cost? And what is the "best" customer experience when everyone wants things cheaper? Are you going to lower the monthly fee? Easier said than done.

Anyways i shipped my movies monday and got new ones today. Not too bad. Probably thats as fast as shipping can get.

[quote name='kouleefoh']How are you planning to do that? How do u ship movie faster without increasing your own cost? And what is the "best" customer experience when everyone wants things cheaper? Are you going to lower the monthly fee? Easier said than done.

Anyways i shipped my movies monday and got new ones today. Not too bad. Probably thats as fast as shipping can get.[/QUOTE]

I don't work for them, so that's not for me to figure out. Still, that should be number one on their agenda or any companies agenda; pleasing the customers.

This is a great deal. Thanks for sharing.

I had a title in the top of my queue last night that said "very long wait" and they STILL shipped it today.

From my experience: Blockbuster Online > Gamefly.

wooo they skipped every new release this week though some still show NOW

and sent me 3 crap titles

Creature
ZOmbie dairy 2
and area 51

weee again glad not paying for this (3 day each way turn around as well)

[quote name='chazman14']I tired but it says that I was already a member. Customer support never got back to me. :([/QUOTE]

I had the same issue but I changed my email and i worked out.

bread's done
Back